Film Avengers Assemble!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dunno tbfh. I like IMAX but I wouldn't be particularly bothered about seeing a 3D film there unless it was filmed in 3D from the get-go rather than retrofitted.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
The other bit i liked....
...was when Thor and Ironman were fighting in the forest and Thor hits IM with a bolt of lightning

Jarvis says 'power at 400% sir', 'well how about that' says IM, and zaps Thor through the trees

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah but sometimes Finnish theatres don't show in 2d, probably due to 3d tickets being near twice the price :eek:

Happened with Thor for example.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
We saw it on tuesday night in 2D....considering the immense hype, I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I didn;t hate it, there were some great bits and some very funny bits...which the Hulk def has the majority of, but it was VERY long and I really only enjoyed the last 40 mins or so. I very much liked the Hulk as a character, thought he was played very well, and, being an archer myself, I was pleased to see Hawkeye actually using a bow and arrow properly. Liked Loki too, good to see him have some dialogue to get his teeth into, and, as always, I can't fault joss Whedons writing. I was pleased to see it in the cinema.....think it was worth the money.....but preferred the Cabin in the Woods :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We saw it on tuesday night in 2D....considering the immense hype, I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I didn;t hate it, there were some great bits and some very funny bits...which the Hulk def has the majority of, but it was VERY long and I really only enjoyed the last 40 mins or so. I very much liked the Hulk as a character, thought he was played very well, and, being an archer myself, I was pleased to see Hawkeye actually using a bow and arrow properly. Liked Loki too, good to see him have some dialogue to get his teeth into, and, as always, I can't fault joss Whedons writing. I was pleased to see it in the cinema.....think it was worth the money.....but preferred the Cabin in the Woods :)

Funnily enough there's been quite a lot of criticism of Jeremy Renner's form from real archers (even I noticed his elbow was rotated in the trailers and I haven't pulled a bow in 20 years).

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
yes, ok, his form wasn't amazing....but at least he was pulling from his shoulder, not his elbow, and his draw points were accurate and consistent. Don't get my started on his stupid, completely impossible, 'pop out' bow though!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a fantasy film ffs. Enjoy it for what it is and stop trying to pick holes in how things are done.

DaGaffer

yes, ok, his form wasn't amazing....but at least he was pulling from his shoulder, not his elbow, and his draw points were accurate and consistent. Don't get my started on his stupid, completely impossible, 'pop out' bow though!

I only noticed it because I used to do it myself and would promptly get a smack on the elbow from my old man (who was my instructor) or a burn from the bowstring on the forearm when I shot anyway - bracers can only mask so much incompetence. I gave up ostensibly because of the cost of left-handed bows, but actually because my little brother was better than me and it pissed me off (he was better at fencing as well, the wiry wee bastard.)

DaGaffer

where did you grow up? 1453?

My Dad did pentathalon in the Army and kept up his interest in martial sports after he left. Shooting bored him and horse riding was expensive so he got into archery and karate instead, and we sort of followed. Me and my brother were once cautioned (well, ticked off) for swordfighting in the street. With broadswords.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I only noticed it because I used to do it myself and would promptly get a smack on the elbow from my old man (who was my instructor) or a burn from the bowstring on the forearm when I shot anyway - bracers can only mask so much incompetence. I gave up ostensibly because of the cost of left-handed bows, but actually because my little brother was better than me and it pissed me off (he was better at fencing as well, the wiry wee bastard.)

It's weird, you managed to sound even nerdier then the rest on an Avengers thread :D

DaGaffer

It's weird, you managed to sound even nerdier then the rest on an Avengers thread :D

Totally :oops: . I really should be into LARPing and all that shit, fortunately I'm British and my sense of embarrasment outweighs my interest in pointy stabby things. On the other hand, after the apocalypse I'll be king...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Because a movie based on a comic book which is in turn a copy of another "super-team" is such an original thought isn't it? There's nothing wrong with a bit of parody, so long as its skillfully done, and Justice Friends is well done (not that I've watched Dexter's Lab for years, but when the kids are a bit older no doubt Cartoon Network will become part of my life. Again.)
Action Hank ftw.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
DaGaffer said:

Where the fuck did you grow up? Crydee?
Ah Aoami beat me to it :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wait.. This film wasn't based on a true story? Fuck :( I want Captain America's autograph when I go to NYC next! God dammit..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Finally got to see it, good entertainment, couple of "problems" with it, but nothing major.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The whole Thor thing is so weird, the guy was real God to you vikings and if you google him now you get the movies, is anyone complaining up there?
When are we going to see a Jesus superhero or god forbid a a mohammed vs hulk?
Seems your gods are up for Hollywood when the number of believers approaches zero.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Difference is that viking gods weren't holy and above ridicule. They also zapped your hiney if they felt like it and didn't give two f*cks about humans, so it worked both ways :D

DaGaffer

The whole Thor thing is so weird, the guy was real God to you vikings and if you google him now you get the movies, is anyone complaining up there?
When are we going to see a Jesus superhero or god forbid a a mohammed vs hulk?
Seems your gods are up for Hollywood when the number of believers approaches zero.

Gods were the superhero myths of their day. Or superheroes are the gods of our day. Whatever. (And Thor is far from the first mythological god to be co-opted by the comic book industry).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thor technically has a higher profile in the UK than Jesus, because we have a day for him every week, just try renaming Thursday - Jesday, we 'd be marching the streets with hammers.

Gray

FH is my second home
Unsure if i was going to start a new thread on it, but meh, since it's only a small tidbit might as well use this for it.

Thor: The Dark World, first pic/s released.

original.jpg

Christopher Eccleston is the bad guy in this one.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Not sure about Chris Eccleston, but another Thor movie = sex.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I have to admit that I liked the Thor movie more than I thought I would.
Then I liked Avengers more than I thought I would.

Now I've got around to watching it, it's just rock, paper, scissors.
Thor has Mjolnir. He hits Ironman with Mjolnir and sends him flying. He hits Capt. America's vibrium shield and gets shoved back by the blast.
Thor hits Ironman with lightning, Ironman gets supercharged. Why didn't that mechanic get explored more? Have Thor powering up Ironman the same way the Doctor supercharges a heavy in TF2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom