Film Avengers Assemble!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Can anyone tell me what happened. I slept through most of it :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I saw it again tonight, again in 2d. even better second time.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Saw it in 3d last night, very good..but...why oh why do films these days have such shite Aliens ? A swarm of tiny hovercraft firing crappy plasma bolts and whale like beasties that just fly through the air and bump into stuff ? General, Alien Invaders Incoming !!" Don't worry son, they are crap. And of course, the massively advanced starfaring aliens have a capital ship with absolutely NO ARMOR, NO SHIELDS, no form of defence what-so-ever.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'd just like to point out, I named this thread on October 11th. Marvel renamed the film for the UK at the end of February. I am a geek God. You may bow.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bows...then does a tiger uppercut whilst a big K.O. Message appears

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
WHY THE FUCK IS IT OUT THERE BEFORE IT IS OVER HERE?

What the fuck.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Saw this tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed the popcornfest.

Hulk was awesome and really enjoyed Mark Ruffalo's take on Bruce Banner. Was more Bill Bixby than Eric Bana/Edward Norton and thank feck for that. I wanted to cheer when the Hulk smiled in response to Captain America (late on in the film) :)

Snappy dialogue, cool story, some interesting plot developments. And the post-credit thing that we're all coming to expect was om nom nom.

Not exactly highbrow entertainment. And thank feck for that too. Its Marvel Avengers. Not Tolstoi :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, I really did worry about Norton not playing the Hulk. his 2005 version of Banner was brilliant, however Ruffalo topped it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Have to agree regards the Hulk, Raffalo made the Hulk much more like the Bill Bixby TV Series. Laughed my head off in the scene with Loki and when he playfully taps Thor at the end with a mischievous look on his face. Really enjoyed the film and for once lived up to the hype.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Loved every bit of it, Weadon did a n excelent job with the script.
The whole cinema exploded in laughter as Hulk smashed Loki in Stark tower

Everz

FH is my second home
Enjoyed it thoroughly one of the best films I've watched this year, bring on the sequel!

opticle

Part of the furniture
Rufallo made the Hulk for me. I've never been a fan of the Hulk before, be it the movies, cartoons or the comic book character himself, I just found him boring, but now I love him :)

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
He has the two funniest moments, Loki smash and punching Thor.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Spoilers people, spoilers.

Speaking of which:
FUCKING TRAILERS :eek:

So, the last shot of the "action", where Iron Man is falling unconcious back to earth, definite deader, only for Hulk to jump across and save him in the nick of time?

Booooooooooring. Saw that shot in the trailer - the FUCKING TRAILER - and was waiting for it. Took away the last-gasp triumphalism that shot would have given me. I.E. The nice emotional note that would have ticked the box to say "job well done".

Instead I was seething :(

Anyway. Liked it a lot. Still, mild sour taste tho :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Saw it twice, loved it.
Also lol at the legolas comment.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just seen it, it was great, but as to what Scouse said in his spoiler (2 posts up) i agree, and was a bit pissed off as i was waiting for it

Loved the jokes too, and the punch from Hulk to Thor, everyone laughed

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Spoilers, Ed ;)
Sorry, i thought the fact that it has been mentioned by others without spoilers, it was 'out there'. Cant edit it now, sorry

Good to see Harry Dean Stanton too, he must be in his 80's now?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah - HDS's cameo was a massive massive highlight for me :)

Gray

FH is my second home
529880_432106176801891_1744511129_n.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why bother to go to the trouble of original thought, eh?

DaGaffer

Why bother to go to the trouble of original thought, eh?

Because a movie based on a comic book which is in turn a copy of another "super-team" is such an original thought isn't it? There's nothing wrong with a bit of parody, so long as its skillfully done, and Justice Friends is well done (not that I've watched Dexter's Lab for years, but when the kids are a bit older no doubt Cartoon Network will become part of my life. Again.)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I should have had a smiley at the end of my post. I thought it was funny (hence the funny) ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Loved every bit of it, Weadon did a n excelent job with the script.
The whole cinema exploded in laughter as Hulk smashed Loki in Stark tower

Same in the cinema I was in. Also...

...the part where Hulk casually pings Thor and sends him flying like he'd just flicked a fly away. Laughed like a drain along with the rest of the cinema audience.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so this is showing in IMAX 3D at my local cinema however its like an extra £4.50 so wondering if anyone has actually seen an IMAX film and if its actually worth the £36 (me and 2 kids) its gonna cost me to go see it :D

DaGaffer

so this is showing in IMAX 3D at my local cinema however its like an extra £4.50 so wondering if anyone has actually seen an IMAX film and if its actually worth the £36 (me and 2 kids) its gonna cost me to go see it :D

I suppose if you have to watch in 3D, IMAX would be the best way to do it. Haven't read any IMAX reviews for the Avengers tbh. The only film I actually want to see in IMAX is DKR, but that's because Christopher Nolan actually bothers to use IMAX cameras in the actual filming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom