Film Avengers Assemble!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
BloodOmen said:
Was alright, definitely over-hyped to oblivion but not the shitest movie of the year so far... was pretty disappointed it didnt offer more tbh considering all the build up/hype it created.

I'm so cool I didn't like it ;)

Super fun film. More dialogue and humour than I thought there would be, could have been a car crash in the hands of the wrong director but Whedon done good. Only change I'd have made would have been less Iron Man, he is too prominent IMHO.

Oh and I hate 3D as well, not sure what it adds. Other than £4 per ticket.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm so cool I didn't like it ;)

Super fun film. More dialogue and humour than I thought there would be, could have been a car crash in the hands of the wrong director but Whedon done good. Only change I'd have made would have been less Iron Man, he is too prominent IMHO.

Oh and I hate 3D as well, not sure what it adds. Other than £4 per ticket.

Oh I liked it, just not to the point where I'm like /fapfapfap movie of the year! *cough* Deebs *cough* xD

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Because in 3d you an see tony stark getting jiggy with bruce banner in the hot tub.. duh!

Cyradix

FH is my second home
The humour bits with the Hulk and Thor and Loki were great! :D

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I found myself in a constant state of taking off and putting back on the 3D glasses. Some scenes were amazing for it, others felt like a weird weatherman effect where you see something superimposed on a backdrop and it didn't feel 'natural'. Then there were the scenes where 3D spoiled it in my opinion :|

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Regarding the 3D, this has to be the worst film for it I've ever seen. There were so few '3D' parts it was laughable, could've watched most the movie without the glasses on.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
That's why I avoid the "filmed in 2D turned 3D afterwards" stuff. Only filmed in 3D movies are worth watching in 3D.
Luckily my local cinema shows both the 2D and 3D versions at the same time so I can pick :)
Checkout http://realorfake3d.com/ before buying your ticket....

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I tend to avoid 3D films at all costs regardless of if it's 'real or fake', because they all look like shit. Only succumbed because the last 2D showing was sold out, and like shite was I waiting longer to see this! :p

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Well. My load was well and truly blown. Completely and utterly loved it, the last 40 minutes rocked. Also some really good scripted comedy that fits perfectly with the superhero genre.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My favourite bit is the boxing part with Captain Fat Ass

Syri

FH is my second home
Off to the cinema tomorrow (to see the 2d version, thankfully)
Really hope it's as good as people are saying, because the lead in films have really got my expectations up.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
just got back from watching it, and I'd say its average really. kinda disappointed as I thought it would be on atleast be,on par with the thor movie, but it wasn't close tbh :(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
It has nearly grossed its budget on its first weekend of release, thats mental

rynnor

Rockhound
Just watched it in 2D - fantastic film! Who was the thing at the end? And was the cube thing they had a cosmic cube?

opticle

Part of the furniture
Really, really liked it :LOL:

Regarding the 3D (didn't have a non-£d option): I don't know why they bother. It's not just that parts "aren't in 3D", its the fact that the fast action sequences simply don't work properly - you lose bits as they go blurry or w/e.

I don't understand - You're basically paying extra for a worse experience..

Otherwise, awesome movie :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Been avoiding this thread for the last few days so I wouldn't spoil anything. Saw this last night.

Pretty good movie all in all, made me laugh/jump etc in all the right places and some of the geekier references made me laugh (only one in the whole cinema..) *dork* - Worth seeing, not worth seeing in 3D though. The parts that were 3D seemed a bit pointless to me, but it happens.

Gray

FH is my second home
Also avoiding this thread until i seen it, was super annoyed that the cinemas in this general vacinity didn't offer morning/early afternoon viewing, for that reason alone i wasn't going to bother going the cinema.

But was quite lucky today, cinema was fairly empty. Watched it in 2d.

Enjoyed it thoroughly, the 3 hours that i was in the cinema passed by unnoticed. Hulk was pretty immense, i hadn't really taken any notice of Hulk over the years since i wasn't a comic book fan, and the first movie was pretty atrocious. It wasn't until i was in work one day that my manager who is a huge comic book fan, explained to me as to why Hulk was the most powerful hero in the multiverses, now i'm looking on going "damn, he awesome."

Only bit i didn't like...

Agent Coulson :(

At first i thought he died, then when Fury explained the reasoning behind showing the Captain America merch i thought "wait, Coulson is alive??". Dashed :'(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Agent Coulson :(At first i thought he died, then when Fury explained the reasoning behind showing the Captain America merch i thought "wait, Coulson is alive??". Dashed :'(

Continuing a long proud Joss Whedon tradition of shockingly killing off beloved characters. I think most people who knew anything about Joss Whedon expected Coulson to die - he couldn't really kill off any of the franchise characters, so Coulson was left wearing the red shirt

Gray

FH is my second home
I was sure i heard something about Coulson getting his own movie, though i may have picked that up from something possibly fanmade, but it would have been great considering he was a likeable character.

Him and his interactions over the movies have been stellar, very comical in the Avengers too in several scenes.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
saw it in Stockholm. really liked it, though the 3D was *meh*. Got a bit pissed off with the blurring and shakeycam as well. Other than that, only niggle was
Hulk suddenly turning meek as mice to his mates.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I watched it last night and loved it, the time just dissapeared. You can tell Whedon was involved, and everything was done from his love of comics and his abilty to write. The jokes didn't seem tagged on as per the iron man sequel, it all flowed naturally between all the characters. I don't recall hearing so many people in a cinema actually laugh out loud uncontrollably as I did last night.

Here's hoping they let him keep all of the control for the next one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom