[HELP] Autoloot and chatbar autofade

Gorguss

Loyal Freddie
Autoloot
Since the 1.01 patch there should be an option to autoloot in User Settings:
"A feature has been added to User Settings which allows players to auto loot corpses by default. Players can enable this feature by selecting the "always auto loot" option, under the game play section. Please note that holding shift while looting with the option enabled will cause you to loot normally. When the option is disabled, shift-loot will still auto loot all."

I can't seem to find this? Can anyone guide me?

Chatbar autofade
For some reason after the 1.01 patch, the chatbar has begun to autofade the test in it. So I have to press it or scroll to see the text. Is there a way to fix this? I have tried auto-fade but it doesn't seem to have any effect?

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Autoloot:
User Settings -> GamePlay submenu -> check Always Auto Loot

Gorguss

Loyal Freddie
DAMNIT!

I just noticed the scroll bar in User Settings.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Is there anyway to make the actual text to not fade? I know you can make the chat windows to not fade but can you do it to the actual text aswell?

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Is there anyway to make the actual text to not fade? I know you can make the chat windows to not fade but can you do it to the actual text aswell?

I believe you can. Open your 'UserSettings.xml' file (/Warhammer/user/) in your favourite simple text editor and find this bit:

Code:
  <Chat fade="true" profanityFilter="false" visible_time="60.00" scroll_limit="500" />
change fade="true" to fade="false"

It should work, haven't tried it.

astro

Fledgling Freddie
hiya - sorry to hijack this thread but I dont seem to be able to create a new thread... in any case it a Help thread :)

Can anyone help by telling me where the Central Spike is for the final part of Legend and Infamy quest (Destruction)? The quest log and map indicator shows the Uthorian Camp but I am sure I searched every inch of the floor and items there and can't highlight any Central Spike to use...

or perhaps there is a key I can press on keyboard to "show usable item" etc as in other games?

Thanks in advance for any help - much appreciated
Astro

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
You should be looking for a spear in the ground, it's thin and blends in well with the surroundings (granted it's anything like the similar quests for the chaos race).

astro

Fledgling Freddie
yup thx - I have used other "spikes" in earlier parts of the quests - its just this one I cannot find - been wandering around the same area for ages

Gorguss

Loyal Freddie
I believe you can. Open your 'UserSettings.xml' file (/Warhammer/user/) in your favourite simple text editor and find this bit:

Code:
  <Chat fade="true" profanityFilter="false" visible_time="60.00" scroll_limit="500" />

Thanks Narzeja, that was exactly what I was looking for :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH

Code:

It worked.... well almost :) it still fades after 60 sec (visible_time). So my next question would be. Should I remove the visible_time="60.00" all together or can I change it to visible_time="false" or something?

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
It worked.... well almost :) it still fades after 60 sec (visible_time). So my next question would be. Should I remove the visible_time="60.00" all together or can I change it to visible_time="false" or something?

Tried putting visible_time="0", and it seems to work.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
You can change it to 300.00 at least I noticed. Cuz' if you put in a high value (I set 600000.00) it changes to 300.00 so that is perhaps the maximum value you can set?

I guess 300 is better than 60 :)

And if you remove it all together is goes back to 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom