[INFO] Logitech G5 fix(And possibly Razer)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Not so long ago I posted that I had a problem with mouse buttons not working, took me a while but I've eventually found a fix so thought I'd share it.

The problem is that the mouse has 9 programmable buttons, they work fine outside of the game, but in game only mouse 1/2/3/4/5 (the ones that WAR recognises) will work. They still do not work if you reprogram them to other keys such as PgUp, L, # or anything else.

This is apparently a Vista only problem and is caused by the fact that Logitech Setpoint (the program to program the buttons) is designed around XP and not Vista. I use Vista64 Home Premium.

I found this fix worked for me, and all the buttons (included scroll left and right) now work fine. I have heard this also works for the Razer mouse as people are also having similar problems with that.

1. Remove setpoint from Start -> All Programs -> Startup.
  2. Also remove setpoint from MSCONFIG (type msconfig in Start -> Search if you dont know what it is, then goto startup tab and untick Setpoint, click ok) Then restart.
  3. Then you need to create a new task in the Task Scheduler to run the program at log on without vista blocking it's functions in game(for me this wasnt in accessories so type Task Scheduler into the Search box after pressing start button)

Follow these instructions to create the task to run setpoint:

1. Launch the Task Scheduler
Example: Start Menu → All Programs → Accessories → System Tools (mine wasn't here so had to use the Start button -> search)

2. From the Actions panel on the right, select Create Task...
a. Give the app a name of your choice in the "Name Section"

3. Go to the Security Options on the General tab
a. Select an user account with administrative privileges
b. Select the radio button Run only when user is logged on
c. Check the box Run with highest privileges

4.Go to the Triggers tab and click New...
a. In Begin the task, select At log on
b. In the Settings options, select All users
c. In the Advanced Settings options, check the box Enabled
d. Click OK to close the dialog

5. Go to the Actions tab and click New...
a. For Action, select Start a program
b. In the Settings options, browse for the Program/Script you want to execute on
startup
c. Click OK to close the dialog

6. Go to the Settings tab
a. Check the box Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed
b. Uncheck the box Stop the task if it runs longer than

7. Make any other desired settings

8. Click OK to save and close the task properties
(My bold)

After restart the buttons work fine in game, and can be programmed to other keys in setpoint. In option 1a click manage programs and find warhammer.exe to run them with WAR only and allow them to keep their defaults out of game, this allows you to keep the On the fly sensitivity changing and scroll left/right features outside of WAR. WAR will not recognise buttons 6-9 so you need to rebind these to something else (I use i L ; and ' for example as I rarely press them normally)

Note: This also works for the curse client which is blocked everytime on boot up for some people. And probably any other XP/x86 programs you need to run at startup. This should work for Razer too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom