Authentication Failed - application will now exit

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
cheers for that, actually started working again around 7pm, no changes made my end. Already had the port forwarding done when the FAQ went up, just in case. Will make notes on the servers IP and ports etc for the future.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
cheers for that, actually started working again around 7pm, no changes made my end. Already had the port forwarding done when the FAQ went up, just in case. Will make notes on the servers IP and ports etc for the future.

You're welcome, but I just realized I made a typo, the real command is:

'netstat -b'

:p

MephTheLaw

Fledgling Freddie
Answer I got back from GOA:

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning, Ticket ref: #442466
--
Dear customer,
This issue is actually the login protocol timing out. Either your firewall or router are blocking the connection, or your internet connection is suffering stability issues. Whilst our servers are up and accepting connections, we have no control over how stable your connection to europe is.
Please check your firewall settings, and ensure that both warpatch.exe and WAR.exe are added to the exceptions list of your firewall. Instruction on how to do this for Windows Firewalls can be found in the FAQ under Technical Support -> Connectivity on the website.
You should ensure that your router has the correct ports opened. The port numbers can be found in the FAQ under Technical Support -> Connectivity on the website. Instructions on how to configure these ports should be available from your router supplier.
If that does not fix the problem then the only other issue it can be is the quality of the connection to our servers. Unfortunately that is something we have no control over, you will need to contact your ISP.
Kind regards,
WAR Customer Support English

If my router or firewall was an issue why would it have been fine for several weeks only to start failing early this afternoon (Dubai time). I can understand the ISP might be an issue but where are the server IP's to confirm this? are they published anywhere?
Well I wouldn't worry about it; it's not our ISPs its GoAs below average network that can't handle prime time. Sooner GoA realise that the better.

Oh and my brother got a different answer to his ticket, about clearing his game folder cache etc.

Should you manage to log into the servers, you can type 'netstab -b' in a command prompt and get the IP: port connected to by your various applications.
That won't do much, it's not the actual game servers, its the patch server / login server timing out.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
That won't do much, it's not the actual game servers, its the patch server / login server timing out.

I didn't think about that, but unregardless, it will give him the server IP's, which is what he asked for, and can be used for other diagnostics.

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi all, and Magnus.

Just poping back to this thread to say that it looks like (fingers crossed) this issue has been fixed for me, and it was down to the ISPs traffic shaping (the evidence convincingly pointed at that anyway) or a combination of traffic shaping and other ISP issues (I dont know exactly what they did to fix it in the end).

At one point the ISP were adament that they had setup the Warhammer profile and they had people working with Warhammer and indeed it was better for me, I could now connect usually after the 3rd or 4th attempt which was a big improvement than not being able to connect at all. I was being told at this point that the problem must now be at my end.

But I stuck at it. I re-itterated the evidence, the fact that, it was only ever an issue during business hours (when my ISP is at its busiest and their traffic shaping software was kicking in) and whilst I appreciated that they believed the issue was now resolved, that it wasnt infact resolved.

Anyway, that was a few days ago, and I wasnt holding out much hope of a response, but they came back to me today after making further changes, and it really does look like they have finally resolved it now. I can connect during the day just like I can in the evenings.

The login progress messages now go from step to step really quickly, whereas before they were either timing out or if I was lucky, going very slowly.

So if your symptoms sound like mine, and the evidence suggests that it time related (e.g. always during certain hours) and outside those hours you can connect fine, then keep on at your ISP support department, ask them to explain why it works outside of those specific times.

A trick I always like to use with support departments if you dont like the response, but you cant see the conversation going in a direction you want (ie. your at the point where most people would be hanging up the phone - which is ofc what the support person is expecting). Just say to them that you are not happy and then go silent and wait for them to speak. The thing to do is dont hang up the phone. They wont (normally) ever put the phone down on you (in my experience) so they are forced to try and come up with something that will make you happy, which is ofc, investigating the issue your having.

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh and just to add to the above. I had been collecting and sending in packet traces over the past few weeks, and the other day I noticed a 100% reproducable difference between a working connection attempt (during the evening or when the ISPs network wasnt busy) and a non-working one.

In the failed cases, inbound packets slowed part way into the conversation, with delays between packets (time delta) in excess of 1 second (as much as 3 or 4 seconds in some cases). In the working cases I would see nothing in excess of 0.3 seconds between inbound packets.

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Anybody has any solution that will work for this? I just got the error here a cpl of hours ago when i wanted to play a bit, played fine not 24 hours ago and now this.... Hmmmmmmm,....... :(

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Well after sorting out probs between norton firewall and windows own firewall i finally made it appen... Im IN!!! :clap: But this is the response i got from support is this, and honestly, cat goa at least give the same damn response to the same problem... Still havent figured out what customer service is... Grrrrr...

Dear Customer,

Make sure you launch Warpatch.exe when you launch the game.
Also, clear the cache and the user setting file.
If this doesn’t work please try resetting your password.
The password recovery link can be found below.

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

Kind Regards,
-----------------------------------------------
Warhammer Online European Billing Support

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
This is back randomly for me.

Logged on this afternoon after a drive and I either a) don't log in, b) make it to the character screen or c) make it ingame for 5-10 mins before getting booted.

Ports are forwarded; exe is allowed in firewall; cleared cache etc. etc. etc.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Tim3822

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys, sorry but I can't create a new thread (don't have access rights?????!!!!) so I will post in here so I apologize for any threat hijacking!

I have some really serious problems with WAR at the moment. I previously suffered from the authentication errors but after configuring my router properly that's gone away (Didn't have some ports opened that were needed). My only problem now is LAG... BIG LAG. I can log in fine now, enter the game... but after a few minutes of combat or engaging with NPC's I seem to either get HUGE lag spikes or completely loose my connection to the server as the following happens:

-"cast bar" won't dissapear, sign of lag to me.
-aminations of NPC's freeze at times
-attacks don't register/target hp bars don't go down.
-after a few minutes of this the NPC's and other character models vanish which follows with a disconnect a few minutes later.
-clicking on NPC's does nothing, no chat bar appears. Same with text I can't talk to my guildies (even though I can sometimes see their replies??)

I've been playing all weekend and for the most part had no problems at all, the above only happened once yesterday evening, but during week days (mon-friday) its unplayable... this happened last week too. I called my ISP which is Nildram (now owned by Tiscali?!) and they say that there is no throttling or packet shaping taking place on my line. I saw another thread on disabling the checksum to off-load to your CPU, but I can't find that option in my device manager. I'm using an Nvidia nForce networking controller...

These are the options I get when I click on the Advanced tab:

- Flow Control
- IEEEE802.1p Support
- Low power state link speed
- network address
- optimize for
- speed/duplex settings
- VLAN Id
- VLAN support
- wake on magic packet
- wake on pattern
- wakeonLAN from poweroff.

I can't see here where to disable checksum :S, I can't see any new drivers for it so I think I have the latest version. Another thing, I'm using a Linksys router, but all the ports GOA have given me are open, and I gave exceptions to all WAR .exe's in the windows firewall... BOTH firewalls are OFF so they aren't an issue here.

Admittedly I don't have the newest GeForce drivers, mainly because I fly Falcon 4.0 Allied Force which with the newer drivers has AWFUL graphical errors on the briefing screens etc with FSAA notworking so it looks butt ugly.

Driver version - 6.14.11.6921 (05/12/07! lol)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I'm nearly up to Rank 10 on my Chaos Chosen and I'm absolutely loving it so I'd be really pissed if I can't get this problem fixed, as I won't be paying for subs after my 30 days if I can only play it for 2 days a week! If any of you have the same problem please feel free to contact me either by PM or e-mail which is timmy3822@yahoo.co.uk!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom