Asylum Seekers; Yay or Nay?

Should we be a lot more lenient on asylum seekers from the Middle East?

• Yay

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yeah....

I've always thought about living in a Scandinavian country or Germany when I qualify, I think this humanitarian crisis more or less supports my thinking.

Before you jump, just check out the effect their open borders policy is having in Sweden. I suspect it's not the Utopia you think it is, plenty of Swedes are getting just as fed up as the British about it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If they are genuine Asylum Seekers who are in real danger of death if they are sent home then yes they should be given Asylum. If they are just looking for a better life then my answer is a lot more Australian. If you are useful and can make us better then welcome. If you just want to ponce of the state then no thanks we have a generation of our own scroungers to look after.

I also think that the EU should have somewhere where all Asylum seeks can go so they can claim Asylum and then they can be sent out across Europe in a fair way rather than deciding to come here because we are seen as a soft touch.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Frankly, I think the Africans and the Middle-Easternians look at Europe in awe, and think 'that looks like a safe place to put my family' as opposed to 'That looks like a place where I can chill and do fuck all.'

If we spread out the migrants as fairly and equally as possible across Europe it wouldn't make -that- much of an impact, get them working (I know they can't) allow them to assimilate, if they don't like it, hopefully their nation is fixed, so they can return home.

I seriously don't think we'd see much of a huge difference if this was the case tbh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Frankly, I think the Africans and the Middle-Easternians look at Europe in awe, and think 'that looks like a safe place to put my family' as opposed to 'That looks like a place where I can chill and do fuck all.'

If we spread out the migrants as fairly and equally as possible across Europe it wouldn't make -that- much of an impact, get them working (I know they can't) allow them to assimilate, if they don't like it, hopefully their nation is fixed, so they can return home.

I seriously don't think we'd see much of a huge difference if this was the case tbh.
Yes butnot everyone can chill and raise their family in europe. We have to populate the world. OR define some parts of the world to be production only for fud etc to enable the supporting of over filled parts with people.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Before you jump, just check out the effect their open borders policy is having in Sweden. I suspect it's not the Utopia you think it is, plenty of Swedes are getting just as fed up as the British about it.
It is usually the vocal minority you hear. Most people say "meh, i'm fine with it, doesn't affect me".
But you are right about the Utopia part. Even the sun has its smudges.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We need to think outside the box here and I have a sneaky suspicion this might be the plan after all.....let them all in, flood Europe with African migrants, then after a few years use them as a compelling reason to invade and give them their home back....as part of the EU of course , sounds crazy?..
Been done before.

Gwadien

We need to think outside the box here and I have a sneaky suspicion this might be the plan after all.....let them all in, flood Europe with African migrants, then after a few years use them as a compelling reason to invade and give them their home back....as part of the EU of course , sounds crazy?..
Been done before.

Apart from Jews had been living in Europe for thousands of years?

Yeah

That's pretty crazy.

Gwadien

Yes butnot everyone can chill and raise their family in europe. We have to populate the world. OR define some parts of the world to be production only for fud etc to enable the supporting of over filled parts with people.

This is what is annoying.

Not everyone is trying to come to Europe.

You need to remember that these backward nations are the number one suffers of that so-evil of a human construction; patriotism.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Lebanon has over a million syrian refugees

Which is crazy when you consider its a country that began with ~5 million people before the crisis

The ~300 syrians the UK has accepted seems kinda pathetic after that

Bodhi

Lebanon has over a million syrian refugees

Which is crazy when you consider its a country that began with ~5 million people before the crisis

The ~300 syrians the UK has accepted seems kinda pathetic after that

Not really, when you consider Lebanon is right next door - the UK is about 5 safe countries away.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Asylum Seekers - yes if this is the first safe country they've landed in, otherwise no.
So, realistically, always no, then.

Sounds like a policy that allows you to feel good about yourself there. Why not spread the load across the EU fairly? Richest countries should take the most in. Poorest, fewest.

As for the "give them their own country" nonsense - who's going to just give them enough land to do that? Sounds like a make a hole (away from us) and put them in policy to me...

Bodhi

Sounds like a policy that allows you to feel good about yourself there. Why not spread the load across the EU fairly? Richest countries should take the most in. Poorest, fewest.

As for the "give them their own country" nonsense - who's going to just give them enough land to do that? Sounds like a make a hole (away from us) and put them in policy to me...

Reads more like a post you've written to feel good about yourself personally. Check a couple of posts later, am happy for us to take some, but only when we've figured out who they are.

Plus if you read the give them their own country article properly, you'd have seen that was a suggestion from a proper Refugee charity, not some random Faragist. Seemed quite sensible to me....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

The first country with european help needs to set up screening and make sure the proper asylum seekers are let in to europe and the other are returned to their proper country of residence.

Then the remaining need to be shared out on ability to take them. Not just current population size.

Cause france and the uk both have nrly the same population but france has a lot more room. Etc etc

Not wait till they get to a country they fancy and have need judged when they get there and have to stay there once done.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This is what is annoying.

Not everyone is trying to come to Europe.

You need to remember that these backward nations are the number one suffers of that so-evil of a human construction; patriotism.
You just said africans and middle eastern people you didnt limit it to just migrants from some countries so i didnt.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The whole process needs drastic tightening up, at the moment it takes far too long there also needs to be some sort of default action if someone doesn't follow the requirements.

Gwadien

You just said africans and middle eastern people you didnt limit it to just migrants from some countries so i didnt.
Read the OP, I was simply stating in that previous post that both see Europe as a greener place to live.

This thread is still on about places which are war torn as opposed to economic.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The whole process needs drastic tightening up, at the moment it takes far too long there also needs to be some sort of default action if someone doesn't follow the requirements.

This tbh. Atm there's a bit of a riot going on in the NL regarding some people who have now been "processed out" and are awaiting repatriation. Those people came here with kids who were so young at the time that they have no recollection of their place of birth. One of those kids has just completed the highest level Dutch middle school and has very good expectations here. They're all getting shipped back off to Buttfuck, Wherever. The people involved have all been in the NL so long that they're getting a major shock: imo it's not like they're going home again, it's more like they've been uprooted and forcefully moved twice over. Tbh that sucks great big sweaty balls.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
@Moriath how can you 'disagree'

'Find X in this Triangle'

'I disagree'
Idisagree that you were clear in making your statement about african and middle east seekers when you just generally stated peoplefrom those regions

Job

I tend to wander down some mental paths and think ultimately everyone in the world is going to end up in one place where everything is...food, safety, energy and the rest of the planet will be some Madmax wasteland.
Then one day a guy appears at the gates with a billion strong army of Kangaroos with guns and invades.
This stuff writes itself.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not really, when you consider Lebanon is right next door - the UK is about 5 safe countries away.

So the ones who've made it all the way here are the most resourceful ones, and certainly the least likely to sit about on their arses all day. Frankly we should be giving them a parade for making it all the way.

Gwadien

I don't need to guess what Job has voted, he's now going on a islamaphobic rant, can you keep it on topic please? - This is about people, not religion.

As for your post about the drought and stuff, yeah, of course, all uprisings have some kind of catalyst, it's not really a secret.

Rise of Communist Russia was due to a famine, it's not really new, it's about having natural disasters and the ruling bodies methods of dealing with it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What is going on in the middle east has nothing to do with natural causes. Pretty desperate for people to try and say it is.

Its to do with power vacuums and madmen.

Job

Just reading about the people stuck on the Eurostar, holy fuck, no aircon or air flow, no communication, no lights and 35 degrees.
People were screaming to be let out...sorry but I would have smashed the windows after an hour, utter incompetance and if I was a passenger, I would be straight onto lawyers4u.
Then they were kicked out onto an empty platform till 6am.
They have been offered a free ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom