Assassins and particularly sbs...are just dead. Good work mythic

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
yes cancleabe but any1 using it atall? nope dont guess so itll gimp the dmg unless ppl get weapons with crush debuff

Shadowss

Banned
Why espiecially shadowblades btw? i think shadowblades are the most capable with the current situation....They can quickly and easily owned a stealther or a caster with there OP 2 handed PA 1.8k on a caster is just sick.

they also have bludgeon, and tbh they do use it.

Also you are talking about you enemies having a "easy" stun style.. Most of shadowblades enemies are actually slash nowadays and talking about "easy" stun styles i see shadowblades and Nightshades strafing around me and doing side stuns on me all the time *points at endac* Ermm when did infils get a side stun? oh wait never.

TBH yes the tank blocking crap has actually fecked up the solo game in so many ways it hurts.
hopefully it will get nerfed in some patch after 1.88 *crosses fingers*

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
yes cancleabe but any1 using it atall? nope dont guess so itll gimp the dmg unless ppl get weapons with crush debuff

Why?? its not like u HAVE to use a slash debuff wepon like CL wep, vs hibs sneaks weak to crush vs stlong to slash id use it for sure. just use malice battler MoZ zimmeron labby dot proc....................list goes on.

SBs are the best assasins if u know what ur doing no doubt about it:)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
ps. 2 h with celer charges now that DW helps for nothing to boost ur dmg. ds

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer i dont see why theres not more full crit blade spec SB's...

its gotta pwn, you ca still use the normal 1 hand weapons for poisoning or just cycle lots of 2handers... 50weap 50 crit. end and stealth.. high WS. insta pwn PA's and just as good (if not better) straight dick swinging power for high WS and celeritied swings.... (ultra leet template too as no +la)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
-U can cancel Blugeon just like u cancel buffs.
-Then there r the PAs for 1.8k+ that peeps think they happen everyday too. Well..they dont.
-Shadowblades become really competitive (almost on par) at rr8+ (basically rr9), cause they can get a truly helpfull full spec (good la and cs, keeping high envenom), and because they usually r more experienced and have tried more to better themselves than their enemy counterparts (at least used to before remedy all around).
-on 2h vs DW .. what i know is :a)PA with 2h and u seriously damage your chances to land CD... and b)2h gives still gives higher hits when dw gives better overall dps.
-and from what i have read, composite main weap spec over 50/51 doesnt really improve defence penetration when u r using an advanced styling line.

Anyways...the biggest problems out there is a)the Remedy thing that deprives u of a really usefull rr5 and that also doesnt put u in the dillema of a anti-assassin spec or an all around one.And that basically gives u a at least 50% more chance to win an equal opponent just because u pressed it first or cause SL etc , b)the new hasteners and c)the lack of role/potential to claim kills of enemies that r grped (DI, super healing and abilities etc...)
Also it would be gr8 if SBs got Str as a primary ability ... and/or an off evade stun :p, but i dont c that happening anytime soon.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
and because they usually r more experienced and have tried more to better themselves than their enemy counterparts

silly statement nuxto....

-and from what i have read, composite main weap spec over 50/51 doesnt really improve defence penetration when u r using an advanced styling line.

in my experience if you packed say 35 sword or axe. you will get blocked and parried and evaded noticably more.

I have read posts about stuff like this saying to the contrary.

I know for a fact 35 sword would sux balls on my hunter. you notice it less on an assasin because envenom pwns all.....

aika

Can't get enough of FH
35 sword would suck if you used sword styles, but if you use cs I'm not sure about defense penetration improvements, as it never been tested. Can only say from my short experience with 44 thrust, that I seem to get blocked less.. still its pretty random. Main reason for me to go that high weapon-spec was to avoid a really gimpy ws when I was debuffed with WS debuff.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ppl claim to have tried 2 h spec and says it sucks, nuxto using a 2 h wep gives u base dmg of 110 or 140% or whatever cant remember number but a tad lower then mh+la 62,5%+62,5% with 1 LA spec spec but then u style with 100% of that base dmg with DW u just style with main hand and use base dmg with off hand AND no to hit bonus with the unstyled offhander.

If this is not enough to convince u u have the fact that u can use a slower wepon when swinging a 2 h to get even more style dmg.

Talked to judie(v good sb and NS on us boards) he said his performance jumped thru the roof vs both visis and other stealthers when he went from the standard 44 cs 35ish wep 30sih LA spec to 48 CS 45 axe spec duo to more style dmg etc etc

I myself would make a SB for sure if i had a laptop so i could log 2 bots but cba to juggle haste+af+celerety charges

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Ppl claim to have tried 2 h spec and says it sucks, nuxto using a 2 h wep gives u base dmg of 110 or 140% or whatever cant remember number but a tad lower then mh+la 62,5%+62,5% with 1 LA spec spec but then u style with 100% of that base dmg with DW u just style with main hand and use base dmg with off hand AND no to hit bonus with the unstyled offhander.

If this is not enough to convince u u have the fact that u can use a slower wepon when swinging a 2 h to get even more style dmg.

Talked to judie(v good sb and NS on us boards) he said his performance jumped thru the roof vs both visis and other stealthers when he went from the standard 44 cs 35ish wep 30sih LA spec to 48 CS 45 axe spec duo to more style dmg etc etc

I myself would make a SB for sure if i had a laptop so i could log 2 bots but cba to juggle haste+af+celerety charges

Remembered one recent post i read (have seen a fair share in the past too)..so i quote it since i found it again fast:

Code:
"With the 17% haste potion, and the 15% celerity charge you could swing a 5.x speed weapon dangerously close to cap so you are in essence losing dps going with a faster weapon." 

With a 5.7 2H you are swinging at 2.64. 
With a 4.4 2H you are swinging at 2.04. 

With a 4.3/4.0 LA setup you would swing at 1.92. 
With a 4.3/3.6 LA setup you would swing at 1.83. 
With a 4.3/3.2 LA setup you would swing at 1.75. 

http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Weapon_Speed_Calc 

With 39 +16 in weapon skill you get a 2H base dam bonus of 37.5, for a total of 137.5%. 
With 50 + 21 (RR10) in weapon skill you get a 2H base dam bonus of 45.5%, for a total of 145.5%. 

With 39 +16 in LA you get a base dam of 81% per hand, for a total of 162% 
With comp 50 LA you get a base dam of 79.5% per hand for a total of 159%. 

2H may hit hard per swing, but it does less DPS than LA. 

Snake

(Note:He didnt put the 10% speed from item bonuses... but the point remains the same)

PS: I will also notate on the Lifebane+Viper dmg add factor on everyswing if weapswitching.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
dual > 2h.

quick test - garrote with dual - 342+184=526 dmg @ 4.0 wpn spd, so 131.5 dps
garrote with 2h - 645 dmg @ 5.6 wpn spd = 115.2 dps.

extra spec pts, made by dumping LA will help dmg, but not that much.

Also - 2h wpns are not swappable, unless u wanna lose toa bonuses. With dual - u can swap 1 wpn (leggie/crafted one) while keeping other (champ/battler/malice) constantly available. And it should be that way, as, say, SB champ wpn provides extra ~8.5%-~8.8% dmg by simply having it active (composite of 100% quality - compared to 99% leggies, toa boni and str cap).

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Remembered one recent post i read (have seen a fair share in the past too)..so i quote it since i found it again fast:

Code:
"With the 17% haste potion, and the 15% celerity charge you could swing a 5.x speed weapon dangerously close to cap so you are in essence losing dps going with a faster weapon." 

With a 5.7 2H you are swinging at 2.64. 
With a 4.4 2H you are swinging at 2.04. 

With a 4.3/4.0 LA setup you would swing at 1.92. 
With a 4.3/3.6 LA setup you would swing at 1.83. 
With a 4.3/3.2 LA setup you would swing at 1.75. 

http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Weapon_Speed_Calc 

With 39 +16 in weapon skill you get a 2H base dam bonus of 37.5, for a total of 137.5%. 
With 50 + 21 (RR10) in weapon skill you get a 2H base dam bonus of 45.5%, for a total of 145.5%. 

With 39 +16 in LA you get a base dam of 81% per hand, for a total of 162% 
With comp 50 LA you get a base dam of 79.5% per hand for a total of 159%. 

2H may hit hard per swing, but it does less DPS than LA. 

Snake

(Note:He didnt put the 10% speed from item bonuses... but the point remains the same)

PS: I will also notate on the Lifebane+Viper dmg add factor on everyswing if weapswitching.

2 points as i wrote BASE dmg with 2 wepons will be higher but u will free up more spec points for higher CS+weps spec AND its when u land styles that 2 h shine not ohterwise and with celer ofc. ANd just swap to 2 weps when swapping env

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
2 points as i wrote BASE dmg with 2 wepons will be higher but u will free up more spec points for higher CS+weps spec AND its when u land styles that 2 h shine not ohterwise and with celer ofc. ANd just swap to 2 weps when swapping env

In addition to what i quoted...it really hurts more when u dont land a style if u wielding a 2h.
Anyways... on the last part of your answer...i think u didnt understand what i was meaning. Normal poison ticks every 3.9 secs (if i still remember well)...but when u swap in a new pre poisoned dot weap every round, u get the actual dmg of 1 tick of the poison as an extra dmg (around 110-130dmg if viper3 on lifabane)...so it suit u better if u swing even faster and swap a new mainhand every round or so.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Cannot see how Shadowblades are so poor in your eyes m8 , a well played SB still > a well played NS ... Thing is there are very few Well played SB around :(

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
not really.. well played ns > sb ... at least till up to realm rank
Besides... well played propably included firing remedy first and hitting the enemy with his remedy down...so thats basically more than half the win right there. So its any1's game... just sux

Punishment

Resident Freddy
SB>NS tbh ;)

If you are on your toes remedy is a good thing , play half assed and you deserve to suffer ... its what seperates the good from the very good :D

As for it being anyone's game ... isnt that a good thing ? Always winning makes a player lose their edge ;O

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Thats a 1 button win ... like most of the kills when NSs had the old remedy... just aint right. (especially since its not only when u pass by... but SLs come into the game too)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Blame the developers , make all leather slash neutral/thrust resistant tbh and give free sl to all 3 assasins and it would be more balanced maybe ... well NS would be major underdog then imo ... :(

But as for Assasin versus visual ... played properly you can seriously kck some ass even at low rr ... That is if you play as a sneak and dont try to stand toe to toe with ip/st/purge etc dumping tanks and expect to come out smelling like roses ... Because that aint gonna happen ;)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Anyways...i remembered the days when playing sb were real fun... thats why a bit frustrated at what i saw after like a year after playing thane. Will c...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
My only issue with Shade atm is too many timers to juggle and Buttons to press :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom