as Soloing is no longer allowed then im out of here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
All the "stop adding you piece of "#!¤ adder" spam to the new ppl when the actual soloers are standing about 300 range from brynjabridge is something i my self feel is getting a bit old since we certainly do need the new players. i would find it in our best interest to behave accordingly.

requiel made it perfectly clear from his post that a prearranged solo fight in a zone a tad less frequented then brynja is perfectly fine , or at least thats the impression i got from his reply. and in these places the solo fights would probably be of a more player friendly sort .

and yep im a carebear so maybe you should go to the gym mrshadows

Yeh, way to miss the point megam8r!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yes you are correct. I do have something against a particular playertype. I actively pursue an agenda against people who cause trouble and divisiveness on the server.

You sure you've bin online the last (+) year Requiel?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Im always swaying with the words, you know this by now dont you? Sure I can make sure I use perfect grammar and also make sure my posts contain no profanitys and yes, I can also stop calling newbs newbs and zergers zergers but.. why? :) I dont really give much crap about lanugage here on FH, I typed the very same way back on BW and.. well.. I dont wanna change, I really dont :) I think its cool that we have the possibility here to make that choice, if I go to far I get warned, fair enough in my book. If I was a mod for example I would be very very different since its unsuitable for a mod to behave like I do!

(I always think of this place as nothing but a forum, where people are free to express views, flame, share interesting things and just spend some time for a laugh or just ventilate. Imo its great!)

sure it is:) And yeh...i (cough cough) kinda know everyones opinions on this board by now hehe. Just that now when we are discussing this with a GM and are all trying to get a good point across etc, Neutrality could be good as a lot of biased talk will just be ignored ny him with all rights.
But i know this subject is very dear to many and create frustration:)

acherfotm

Fledgling Freddie
yeh noticed a few posts had been made after the last one i had read but i still think my point is quite valid. there is a easy way out for the ppl that wants to duel that doesnt involve insulting anyone for adds since there hardly would be anyone around to add. i think ppl that stand by brynja and whines on adds in most cases are hypocrits or just dumb

edit : DC in this case not brynja :p

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Spamming early morning raiders with guards so they have something to do would be good. But spamming guards on a bunch of duelers is boring!

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
[...] because the rest of the community is largely invisible to you.

It is pretty much invisible at all atm... and getting worse with all your last actions.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
yeh noticed a few posts had been made after the last one i had read but i still think my point is quite valid. there is a easy way out for the ppl that wants to duel that doesnt involve insulting anyone for adds since there hardly would be anyone around to add. i think ppl that stand by brynja and whines on adds in most cases are hypocrits or just dumb

Ye ofc, but then again this requires a larger player base. Unless you want person A to meet person B in zone C and go look for eachother for 1 hour. After death rinse and repeat and before you know it you've hade 3 fights in 3 hours of playtime.

Same math goes for fg's really.

It is quite alright for some rr11 group to light up a tower/keep at 3am and sit in there for 2 hours farming whatever comes in though.

acherfotm

Fledgling Freddie
this is where the prearranging comes in, which i from requiels post understand is perfectly okay :

"If you want to specify an informal solo zone somewhere out of the way then that's fine as long as you aren't impacting on other people's enjoyment." --- requiel

and im quite sure that most of these participants in the soloing circles are active irc users ;p

edit: taking a boat to dc and a boat to bolg is close to the same thing and it will even make it a bit more even for the hibs that are interested. so they get rid of RS and rp timers

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Yes you are correct. I do have something against a particular playertype. I actively pursue an agenda against people who cause trouble and divisiveness on the server. Sometimes those players are 'zergers' sometimes they are 'soloers' and sometimes they are '8v8ers'. I don't care which camp they fall in, how skilled they are or aren't. I don't have any personal issues with any of those particular playstyles and I certainly don't attack people for choosing how they play, but when an attitude is generating complaints, when people are being driven away by destructive and anti-social behaviour then I have to act.

It's my job.

Hmm so.. I guess those duellers caused alot of trouble.. damn em! and I guess they was really disruptive for the albzerg at beno too.. And.. the mids that had iRVR etc.. Tell me, are there many of these people around with.. an attitude that generate complaints?

I act when casual players are asshats, you don't hear about those because they don't make whinethreads when I slap them for being idiots. I act when respected or high profile members of the community overstep the mark. You generally hear about all of those. I act when less respected members of the community do something worthy of a slap. Sometimes you hear about them, more often they just slink off. You're taking a small sample (which is all the data you have) and assuming that this sample is representative of the whole. The 'hardcore RvR' crowd (for want of a better term, I don't mean to imply any negative connotations) are generally more plugged in to each other and better connected amongst yourselves than other sections of the community. When something happens to one, the rest quickly hear about it. That's not so true of other parts of the community and so it's easy as a member of that crowd to fall into the trap of thinking that you are all that there is because the rest of the community is largely invisible to you.

Yea I guess the duellers was asshats for duelling rather than participate in the zerging going on.. I guess TT was beeing asshats too.. I think you missed that most people are gone now, some driven away by zerglings, some driven away because of the TTincident, some driven away by GOAs passivity regarding Dyvet. There are no such things as hardcore RVRplayers left, they are all gone to Limor because its a better place to be, there are no ppl plugged into each other anymore, those days are over now and what is left are broken guilds, some shattered soloers here and there and a bunch of triggerhappy zergers, I ran my chars tonight and its sad how it is. Thats about it, when you walse in like you do and start messing things up in your own nondiplomatic particular way people get mad, look at you now, you cant even admit that you did wrong and apologise for it and in your post you actually say nothing of relevance at all. All you say is, I slap asshats when asshats do bad things.. /flex. Ok.. ty for the info but I can safely say that I assumed you did as much.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Spamming early morning raiders with guards so they have something to do would be good. But spamming guards on a bunch of duelers is boring!

And this sums it up to 100% Requiel, this is exactly what is wrong. You bother with slapping some duellers causing no harm at all (that cant be avoided easily) but you did jackshit about CM when they wrecked the server and caused shitloads of people to move away from Dyvet because they got sick and tired with the bullshit going on, TTban was icing on the cake and you basically pushed away a whole playercamp on your own since you walked Muylatrix's errands and did nothing to stop CM. Thats exactly how it looks and thats exactly what makes me say that you are indeed biased and not remotely close to neutral and ultimately, it shows that you have zero understanding for the cluster you are GM over and tonight you showed it yet again. A good GM would have stepped in ages ago and solved the whole relicsituation in some way (like spawning guards on them or a dragon with no lootdrop or something else, heck only the imagination sets the rules here really). A good GM would have told TT's GM that what they did was inapproperiate but that you understand the problem and would look at it closer and examine possible methods to aid the community in the matter, a good GM would have told those duellers to not rez at all and be nice to newbs and thats that. A good GM would be a diplomat with a good sense for the people playing. A good GM would say sorry when he feel hes wrong.. a good GM would also realise when he is wrong.. A good GM would do alot I guess.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
this is where the prearranging comes in, which i from requiels post understand is perfectly okay :

"If you want to specify an informal solo zone somewhere out of the way then that's fine as long as you aren't impacting on other people's enjoyment." --- requiel

and im quite sure that most of these participants in the soloing circles are active irc users ;p

edit: taking a boat to dc and a boat to bolg is close to the same thing and it will even make it a bit more even for the hibs that are interested. so they get rid of RS and rp timers

Ahh so you asume they are, ok. Trust me loads of people i come across that want a fair duel arent on irc, nor am I on it alot. The bullshit comming from there l8tly is just lolz, just take a look at my sig :p

As for the edit. Ahh yes, so its about rps now all of a sudden. The people that are comming for a "fair" fight arent in there for the rp farmage.

If you want rps, you make a group at ungodly hours and farm those duel'rs that come to dc or beno and then its all of a sudden legal and Requiel has no problem what so ever with it.

I mean lets all stop beeing hypocrits about it. The visual player comming solo to a certain area isnt gonne rp farm anything and comes there "mainly" to have a good fight.

illu

Part of the furniture
I can see both sides of the arguement.

You have newguy not knowing how things work perhaps and gets grief and hacked down for "adding" on a 1on1 fight. Fair enough - newguy does not deserve the abuse, but newguy has to learn to try and get in a group or fight when there are battles around towers and keeps, because RPs can be made there. The problem is that the server population is quite low, so newguy maybe wants to leech a few RP, but maybe he is leeching in the wrong place.

The duelling circles are boring, but whatever, people play how they want to play, and sometimes you get occasionally good duels there. Other times though, as the evening draws to a close, these dualling areas tend to appear near either DC/Beno or Bled simply as these are the quickest places to drop off, and after midnight, people are less Holy RP hungry and take out their lesser used toons, or lowbie toons, and have a go beating each other up with the few people that are still on.

I don't really see anything wrong with any playstyle, be it leecher, zerger, 1on1, 8on8, people do their thing to have fun. If the duelling circles are rezzing eachother and the same 2 people killing eachother over and over but without even trying to fight - then there are problems. But if people are fighting, and hell, if they are the last 2 people on the server at night, and they fight 10 times in a row - there is nothing wrong with that :>

I think as long as people don't have rezz bots, then where is the harm?

Let people play how they want, as long as they don't bug abuse or break rules like rezz bot duelling - let them get on with it.

Oli - Illu

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Funny that people think they can actually get away with cheating and try to imponate a GM by adressing the population decline and forcing him to change GOA's origional rules.
What's next I wonder, "OMG I got banned for speedcheat why do this GM's!?!? You are the ones helping the decline in the population by banning me for this!!!!11".

Life's hard get a helmet and get over it, it's never been allowed to form so called 'duelling circles', they excisted since the start of the game yet everyone already knew then that it was not allowed yet Kemor(and other GM's back then) allowed it so kudos to Requiel and don't let yourself be forced to see things through your fingers just because some people (who most of them dont even play on the server anymore) keep telling you that your the main cause for the population decline.

alkz

Fledgling Freddie
They must spawn a sick amount of guards killing fg's on avaloncluster since they try to have preset fg vs fg zones everyday there, to get away from the massive zergs, with certain rules like no strafing, no adding and so on... "arranged" fg fights goes under the same silly rule? Or maybe it's to many paying costumers to act god over, they just ban/play around with the soloers so they don't loose to much money boosting their selfasteam playing god.

endineit

Fledgling Freddie
There were rezzers there. Did you have a point to bring? In any case we have continually made it clear that these duelling rings will be broken up. Anything that looks like prearranged duelling will be shut down, if it's very blatant and it appears that there's crossrealming going on then bans may be in order as well.

There are plenty of legitimate ways to play the game. This isn't one of them.

yes ban them all,then host the server on a counterstrike server for 32 ppl,fucking joker! :flame:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Why do people always try to bring these issues down to a conflict of playstyles? This isn't about zerging vs soloing or 'skillz' vs 'noobz'. If I see a bunch of players standing around in a circle farming each other for RPs then I will break it up. It's not allowed and it never has been. If you want to solo then nobody is stopping you from doing that - not me nor any E&E. This kind of organised duelling will always get shut down if I hear about it. If you want to solo then do so, roam and fight. If you don't want to get caught up in the crossfire of me breaking up duelling circles then make sure you avoid them and don't for example hang around waiting your turn because as far as I'm concerned in this situation if you fly with crows then you're a crow and you'll take your licks along with all the other RP farmers there.

It's nice to see that you feel like the authority to break up such circles. If I walk by on any of my chars and see such a circle as you call it, I will usually attack some player I want to fight, maybe even I will bow before I fight him. I will sure not engage someome I respect in game when he is fighting and when he is not on 100% health.

There is not much you can do about it unless you want to suspend all my 3 accounts.

There is also not much you can do about me leading a group and not adding on an other one that is fighting and trust me, it's a circle of running and waiting for a fight and a kind of getting in line too.

You seem to be living on the moon or you don't want to distinguish between RP farming and the interest in a clean 1 vs 1 fight and it's so utterly sad that you need to step in after some, and yes, it boils down to playing styles, crying idiot got his ass handed down by such a circle and called a GM for help because he couldn't lifetap someone with his DI bot stuck to him or 7 friends who find it okay to kill one guy over and over again.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
as soon as i start hitting the enemy the so called realm friend breaks off attacking and stands and watches me die.

Awesome. Hope it happens to your group too all the time. If you want some RPs go and join some IRvR or zerg/siege action but don't annoy others unless you can DEAL with the consequences.

Damn crybaby.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Similar accident a while back:

GM appeared after Custodia Malacitana came to Crauch to farm some solo guys. Accidently the solo guys had enough people to kill them and the 2-3 Albs didn't step in to help CM. A few minutes later Taryx came and asked the Hibs to kill everyone.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
If people are out to solo and come upon a solo fight. By accordance to you they have two options;

1) add on the fight
2) go away

As such, people aren't allowed to observe something. If anyone does, then clearly they have conversed at depth, organised a meeting, and thus are breaking the rules! Its quite sad that you can throw such accusations around and get away with it, but then no one can stop you. For all intensive purposes your 'god' and you can dictate peoples every movements. Congratulations.

Heres the truth of the matter which if you weren't so blind you would see. We are the people behind the characters. The people who choose to behave in what ever way we wish to. We choose to be ruthless, to be fair, to watch. Its got nothing to do with something being planned and everything to do with the person at the controlling end. The person who expresses their morals or desires through their actions.

A roleplayer can have a character thats a passivist, that allows such fights to occur. Yet by your own standards, this roleplayer, though embracing the game, is breaking the 'rules' and you would punish them as such. However if they were to play a character which they personified as ruthless, that killed everything, then that is fine and they would be embraced.

The game is diverse and every person actively playing is an individual however what you are doing is demanding and attempting to force upon them a way of gaming and if they do not comply being punished under falsified pretenses. Infact, i could go as far as to say you are threatening them and blackmailing them to do as you please. That is what your actions amount to and as i i previously said, you do not have a shred of proof to back-up any of your claims yet are willing to punish people regardless. As a person, you are ruining the fun of your customers and being detrimental to the enjoyment of the participants who play the game in such a way as to be fair and honourable. This isn't a false claim, it's the truth.

By your dictations; my play style of watching fights, not adding and having fair fights is tantamount to suspension, banning, or interference from 'god' (thats you by the way Requiel). As such i must kill everything, run around killing nothing, or face punishment. Interesting.

Quoted for the bigger insight, wish the GMs would be as sensible as that.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Where I do have a problem is creating an exclusionary environment where people who don't fit an arbitrary set of rules aren't allowed to play the game. Duelling rings tend to foster that. Previously there have been much better ways of achieving the same end effect without the potential for abuse. If you want to specify an informal solo zone somewhere out of the way then that's fine as long as you aren't impacting on other people's enjoyment. The simple rule is that we don't tolerate it because it leads to further anti-social behaviour and divisiveness, tolerating it in some situations would be extremely hypocritical and so we make a blanket policy to stop it before it starts.

So because such a duelling circle as you call it turns around and fights incoming zergers like Donkeh, CM or whatever you call it anti-social and you say that Donkeh is not welcome in an exclusionary enviroment?

Who made you step in?

You call me anti-social on a public forum as a GM again and you will have 3 accounts less to deal with.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
requiel made it perfectly clear from his post that a prearranged solo fight in a zone a tad less frequented then brynja is perfectly fine , or at least thats the impression i got from his reply. and in these places the solo fights would probably be of a more player friendly sort .

Less frequented than Brynja? When have you been to that place the last time on Dyvet? Without constant hastner speed you can get there a solo fight once in 30 minutes. That's why some guys always go to Crauch, especially when IRvR is in Albion.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Why do people always try to bring these issues down to a conflict of playstyles? This isn't about zerging vs soloing or 'skillz' vs 'noobz'. If I see a bunch of players standing around in a circle farming each other for RPs then I will break it up. It's not allowed and it never has been. If you want to solo then nobody is stopping you from doing that - not me nor any E&E. This kind of organised duelling will always get shut down if I hear about it. If you want to solo then do so, roam and fight. If you don't want to get caught up in the crossfire of me breaking up duelling circles then make sure you avoid them and don't for example hang around waiting your turn because as far as I'm concerned in this situation if you fly with crows then you're a crow and you'll take your licks along with all the other RP farmers there.

Well Requiel, let me tell you why I stand in a circle and watch a solo fight, then maybe have a 1v1 myself. Its not about gaining rp's over and over, its about testing myself and my character against a similar person/character. I lost count of the times I've backed off a lower rr character when his death was certain, and /hugged him. Rp's dont matter that much to me, my enjoyment comes mostly from the fight. If rp's meant more to me then i'd join a group.

There a many players of diferent realm i respect and wouldnt add on there fights. I would rather let a fellow hib die than add on them, like many other players i know. Its the way we play, its the only way we can get enjoyment out of this dieing game, if ppl stand about waiting to fight each other its not for the rp, its for the fun of fighting a 1v1. there never organised dueling events, its just a few players who prefer 1v1 come to the area because they know theres a chance of a 1v1.

I dont give a dam if anyone adds on a fight i'm having, its up to the other person/grp to make there decision to do so or not.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
I want what ur smokeing tbfh ! there where 1 mauler (correct me if im wrong but they dont have rezz) 1 heavy tank(not sure on class) me and the champ i was fighting, the champ /rel'd and came back when i where allready dead... ohhh and then there where ur little spy grp adding on everything in sight, they had rezzers but so far i havnt noticed u giveing them any grief 4 rezzing any1...

he's right. who was the rezzer mr requiel in that instance?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Probably my fully geared ml10, cl10, rr11 warden who happened to be in the same zone :>

Shame you got most of your RPs in pre-arranged 3049582438095 vs 2 in towers though mate! Such RP-farming and you rezzed your Bainshee mate so many times too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom