as Soloing is no longer allowed then im out of here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Give it 1 week and instead of seeing "Myths: paladin cannot deal damage"
You will see "Due to lack of subscriptions, adverts are required to continue hosting dyvet cluster" And there will be ads all over the place!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
lol lorfo, thx for the laugh before bedtime! :p

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Why do people always try to bring these issues down to a conflict of playstyles? This isn't about zerging vs soloing or 'skillz' vs 'noobz'. If I see a bunch of players standing around in a circle farming each other for RPs then I will break it up. It's not allowed and it never has been. If you want to solo then nobody is stopping you from doing that - not me nor any E&E. This kind of organised duelling will always get shut down if I hear about it. If you want to solo then do so, roam and fight. If you don't want to get caught up in the crossfire of me breaking up duelling circles then make sure you avoid them and don't for example hang around waiting your turn because as far as I'm concerned in this situation if you fly with crows then you're a crow and you'll take your licks along with all the other RP farmers there.

If people are out to solo and come upon a solo fight. By accordance to you they have two options;

1) add on the fight
2) go away

As such, people aren't allowed to observe something. If anyone does, then clearly they have conversed at depth, organised a meeting, and thus are breaking the rules! Its quite sad that you can throw such accusations around and get away with it, but then no one can stop you. For all intensive purposes your 'god' and you can dictate peoples every movements. Congratulations.

Heres the truth of the matter which if you weren't so blind you would see. We are the people behind the characters. The people who choose to behave in what ever way we wish to. We choose to be ruthless, to be fair, to watch. Its got nothing to do with something being planned and everything to do with the person at the controlling end. The person who expresses their morals or desires through their actions.

A roleplayer can have a character thats a passivist, that allows such fights to occur. Yet by your own standards, this roleplayer, though embracing the game, is breaking the 'rules' and you would punish them as such. However if they were to play a character which they personified as ruthless, that killed everything, then that is fine and they would be embraced.

The game is diverse and every person actively playing is an individual however what you are doing is demanding and attempting to force upon them a way of gaming and if they do not comply being punished under falsified pretenses. Infact, i could go as far as to say you are threatening them and blackmailing them to do as you please. That is what your actions amount to and as i i previously said, you do not have a shred of proof to back-up any of your claims yet are willing to punish people regardless. As a person, you are ruining the fun of your customers and being detrimental to the enjoyment of the participants who play the game in such a way as to be fair and honourable. This isn't a false claim, it's the truth.

By your dictations; my play style of watching fights, not adding and having fair fights is tantamount to suspension, banning, or interference from 'god' (thats you by the way Requiel). As such i must kill everything, run around killing nothing, or face punishment. Interesting.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
o_O meeeeh...

second rep in same thread, this is bad! Very very nice summary Sneakies, one of the best posts ive ever read on this forum in these matters.

/salute

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I'll say it again. This is not about playstyles. How I play is not relevant, whether Awarkle is skilled or not is also not relevant. Our policies are not designed to prevent people from soloing or to encourage zerging. I get killed in RvR all the time on my personal characters and it makes not a bit of difference to my job. When I'm Requiel, my game play preferences are not important, I don't champion one playstyle over another.

I've been here just over 3 years. I talk to all sections of the community and not just those parts that post on forums. I speak to new players and veterans who have been here since beta. I speak to people who play every night and those who play a few hours every couple of weeks. I have to represent each of those players to all of the other players. This is a situation where part of the community wants something that is actively harmful to the rest of the community and this is why it gets stopped so quickly. In the worst case situations people get seriously harrassed in game for interfering or even just being in the area - obviously in these cases we take specific action against the people who are being idiots. However there's a bigger picture to look at here even when such flagrant abuse isn't involved. I'm prepared to believe that most of these duelling rings just happen spontaneously and if people want to watch other people fight then there's nothing wrong with that. If you want a 'clean' fight and prefer to wait for your opponent to recover from his last fight then again there's nothing wrong with that either. Where I do have a problem is creating an exclusionary environment where people who don't fit an arbitrary set of rules aren't allowed to play the game. Duelling rings tend to foster that. Previously there have been much better ways of achieving the same end effect without the potential for abuse. If you want to specify an informal solo zone somewhere out of the way then that's fine as long as you aren't impacting on other people's enjoyment. The simple rule is that we don't tolerate it because it leads to further anti-social behaviour and divisiveness, tolerating it in some situations would be extremely hypocritical and so we make a blanket policy to stop it before it starts.

disdain

Banned
that reply must be the biggest load of bs ive ever read on these boards xD

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
So when theres a i-RvR zone where ppl who like to solo cant really play, they must leave the area and try to find another one. But when theres a grp of solo ppl fighting each other and having fun and someone appears they need to stop whatever they were doing atm and move away? :eek7:

Your credibility is getting close to zero.

shermi

Fledgling Freddie
If you die in 1 vs 1, take 10 min than don´t give rps to anybody. Then no more rp farm (and with luck zergs and fgs no chain you :D).

IainC

So when theres a i-RvR zone where ppl who like to solo cant really play, they must leave the area and try to find another one. But when theres a grp of solo ppl fighting each other and having fun and someone appears they need to stop whatever they were doing atm and move away? :eek7:

Your credibility is getting close to zero.

You said that not me. It's not even close to what I said. I'm just saying that you can't impose your restrictions on others and duelling circles foster that kind of restrictive behaviour. I've seen it over and over again and I've had countless RightNow complaints to prove it. We have always been against this kind of activity and we have always acted to shut it down before it caused problems. This isn't a new thing, it's not something I made up tonight because I was bored and wanted to see some drama. Everytime we've had a report of what appears to be organised duelling we've moved in to shut it down.

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
i whas wondering can u complain about getting zerked all the time maybe right now that since im paying my subs to play and not to die all the time ?

disdain

Banned
can you elaborate exactly how these "duellers" force a certain playstyle onto other players?

IainC

except you dont have a clue it was organised, since it was not. good job meight

I didn't say it was organised - I even agreed earlier in this thread that most of these things were genuinely spontaneous. I said it appeared to be organised. An outside observer watching a duelling ring in action might conclude that organised duelling was allowed based on the fact that it appeared to be happening in front of him. That's another reason why we stop it.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You said that not me. It's not even close to what I said. I'm just saying that you can't impose your restrictions on others and duelling circles foster that kind of restrictive behaviour. I've seen it over and over again and I've had countless RightNow complaints to prove it. We have always been against this kind of activity and we have always acted to shut it down before it caused problems. This isn't a new thing, it's not something I made up tonight because I was bored and wanted to see some drama. Everytime we've had a report of what appears to be organised duelling we've moved in to shut it down.

The current rvr population is one big duelling arena. When i'm in a fg i kill the same 30 people over and over, whats your fking point?

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to specify an informal solo zone somewhere out of the way then that's fine as long as you aren't impacting on other people's enjoyment.

Well you heard it from the horses mouth. It's ok. We know that Crauch drop off when the action is located at IRVR in Alb land is an acceptable solo zone. The masses aren't venturing to your locale. Your not impacting on other's enjoyment.

By Requiels arguement (thanks for ignoring my original post), the problem comes when you 'FORCE' any other adventurers into that playstyle. Which is a slightly flawed arguement. We the players cant force other players into any specific type of play style.

But guess who can and is actively doing so. On three, all wave at Requiel.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
yaya, bla bla.. snipping out the empty talk

This is a situation where part of the community wants something that is actively harmful to the rest of the community and this is why it gets stopped so quickly.

lol? So because some newb whines alittle because he got addwhines you stop duelling and threaten with bans etc? Christ..

In the worst case situations people get seriously harrassed in game for interfering or even just being in the area - obviously in these cases we take specific action against the people who are being idiots.

The newb can report the harrasser and thats that, a ban will be inc and he probably wont do it again. Nobody has a problem with that I think, we all know we should treat each others with some respect ingame and not hurl abuse at each others. That is called bad behaviour and will result in a punishment ofc... nothing weird in that. The newb also have a choice, he can type /ignore Idiotnr81 and voila, he wont have to deal with him anymore at all. He can also take a boat from the area and go somewhere else, or hell, he can even just do as everyone at the scene and watch, or he could even challenge someone to a fight and feel what its like to meet an old scarred warrior and get his bum showed into his mouth and realise how much he has to learn about fighting a 1on1. But no, the newb must be allowed to add and zerg and become a Muylatrix nr42312, a highrank player with zero skill and no knowledge about the game whatsoever, a clueless adding piece of shit. I guess thats the dreamplayer in your eyes and we all should be retarded fucking lemmings zerging it up day in and day out for all we care about, THE RPS!!!.. FFS you foster ppl in this way when you act like you do.. YOU encourage the miuylatrixes out there to play in that way and supress the naysayers. Its fucking amazing how blind you actually are. I didnt think you was this dumb but fuck me.. you are. You of all people need to be neutral.. say it and taste the word.. N.E.U.T.R.A.L.. with no prejudice vs anyone at all. Atm you are clearly, actually crystalclearly against a certain playertype, theres no doubt about it. Funny how you dont see it yourself. Take recent events into the calculation and its obvious. I guess you will deny this until you die but seriously, think about this man, you are not neutral at all in my eyes and I wouldnt say this if there wasnt a reason, I wouldnt be this harsch and rude to you either IF there wasnt a reason for it. I think you once again went out of line and followed your personal agenda.

However there's a bigger picture to look at here even when such flagrant abuse isn't involved. I'm prepared to believe that most of these duelling rings just happen spontaneously and if people want to watch other people fight then there's nothing wrong with that. If you want a 'clean' fight and prefer to wait for your opponent to recover from his last fight then again there's nothing wrong with that either. Where I do have a problem is creating an exclusionary environment where people who don't fit an arbitrary set of rules aren't allowed to play the game. Duelling rings tend to foster that. Previously there have been much better ways of achieving the same end effect without the potential for abuse. If you want to specify an informal solo zone somewhere out of the way then that's fine as long as you aren't impacting on other people's enjoyment. The simple rule is that we don't tolerate it because it leads to further anti-social behaviour and divisiveness, tolerating it in some situations would be extremely hypocritical and so we make a blanket policy to stop it before it starts.

And well, here you admit it. You have something against a certain playertype, end of the story. Maybe you dont fit in, maybe you arent skilled enough, maybe you got denied to group with some good guildgroups, god knows but something makes you dislike people that doesnt play the game the way you play it. Looking at what you wrote, it could very well be someone like Muylatrix that wrote it. Cant believe a GM think like you do, I just cant believe it. You are arrogant and prejudiced and simply never admit when you are wrong.. words I'd use for a really lousy GM tbh..

Sorry for the rude language and all but man, you gotta wake up. Its not personal and I wouldnt mind your ways if you was a player but it so happens to be that you are a GM of the game, the game I play. Its your GMstatus I attack and question directly, not your personal views (although I do not agree with them at all).

IainC

requiel cant u see my post ? or u just ignoring me ?

What was your point? About people who are about to lose anyway sitting down to get it over with or about me not having any skill on my personal characters?

I have no interest in discussing my personal characters here and your other point is completely unrelated to the discussion.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The problem is Shike it would be fine (what Requiel says) with a large community, but it's just not here.

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
What was your point? About people who are about to lose anyway sitting down to get it over with or about me not having any skill on my personal characters?

I have no interest in discussing my personal characters here and your other point is completely unrelated to the discussion.

just wont to know if u are gonna ban people sitting down when the loose 8vs8 fights ? since thats clearly rp farming

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
lol? So because some newb whines alittle because he got addwhines you stop duelling and threaten with bans etc? Christ..

The newb can report the harrasser and thats that, a ban will be inc and he probably wont do it again. Nobody has a problem with that I think, we all know we should treat each others with some respect ingame and not hurl abuse at each others. That is called bad behaviour and will result in a punishment ofc... nothing weird in that. The newb also have a choice, he can type /ignore Idiotnr81 and voila, he wont have to deal with him anymore at all. He can also take a boat from the area and go somewhere else, or hell, he can even just do as everyone at the scene and watch, or he could even challenge someone to a fight and feel what its like to meet an old scarred warrior and get his bum showed into his mouth and realise how much he has to learn about fighting a 1on1. But no, the newb must be allowed to add and zerg and become a Muylatrix nr42312, a highrank player with zero skill and no knowledge about the game whatsoever, a clueless adding piece of shit. I guess thats the dreamplayer in your eyes and we all should be retarded fucking lemmings zerging it up day in and day out for all we care about, THE RPS!!!.. FFS you foster ppl in this way when you act like you do.. YOU encourage the miuylatrixes out there to play in that way and supress the naysayers. Its fucking amazing how blind you actually are. I didnt think you was this dumb but fuck me.. you are. You of all people need to be neutral.. say it and taste the word.. N.E.U.T.R.A.L.. with no prejudice vs anyone at all. Atm you are clearly, actually crystalclearly against a certain playertype, theres no doubt about it. Funny how you dont see it yourself. Take recent events into the calculation and its obvious. I guess you will deny this until you die but seriously, think about this man, you are not neutral at all in my eyes and I wouldnt say this if there wasnt a reason, I wouldnt be this harsch and rude to you either IF there wasnt a reason for it. I think you once again went out of line and followed your personal agenda.

And well, here you admit it. You have something against a certain playertype, end of the story. Maybe you dont fit in, maybe you arent skilled enough, maybe you got denied to group with some good guildgroups, god knows but something makes you dislike people that doesnt play the game the way you play it. Looking at what you wrote, it could very well be someone like Muylatrix that wrote it. Cant believe a GM think like you do, I just cant believe it. You are arrogant and prejudiced and simply never admit when you are wrong.. words I'd use for a really lousy GM tbh..

Sorry for the rude language and all but man, you gotta wake up. Its not personal and I wouldnt mind your ways if you was a player but it so happens to be that you are a GM of the game, the game I play. Its your GMstatus I attack and question directly, not your personal views (although I do not agree with them at all).

You have some good points shike. But calling others players newbs all the time doesnt really seem like a good argument either^^ I think if we are gonna debate these things and prove a point about requiel is a bit biased, we gotta stop the zerg/newb/adder talk tbh..that isnt getting us anywhere^^
Just a thought..

acherfotm

Fledgling Freddie
even tho i don't agree with requiels methods i have to say that what some ppl are taking these dueling to has gone a bit too far. its perfectly fine in my opinion to fight someone solo and have a lot of others watching , cheering or whatever and its even perfectly fine to pull of when someone is adding on the fight to let your opponent + others around finish him off but whats getting out of hand is the incredably rude behavior towards the adders.
All the "stop adding you piece of "#!¤ adder" spam to the new ppl when the actual soloers are standing about 300 range from brynjabridge is something i my self feel is getting a bit old since we certainly do need the new players. i would find it in our best interest to behave accordingly.

requiel made it perfectly clear from his post that a prearranged solo fight in a zone a tad less frequented then brynja is perfectly fine , or at least thats the impression i got from his reply. and in these places the solo fights would probably be of a more player friendly sort .

and yep im a carebear so maybe you should go to the gym mrshadows

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
You have some good points shike. But calling others players newbs all the time doesnt really seem like a good argument either^^ I think if we are gonna debate these things and prove a point about requiel is a bit biased, we gotta stop the zerg/newb/adder talk tbh..that isnt getting us anywhere^^
Just a thought..

Im always swaying with the words, you know this by now dont you? :) Sure I can make sure I use perfect grammar and also make sure my posts contain no profanitys and yes, I can also stop calling newbs newbs and zergers zergers but.. why? :) I dont really give much crap about lanugage here on FH, I typed the very same way back on BW and.. well.. I dont wanna change, I really dont :) I think its cool that we have the possibility here to make that choice, if I go to far I get warned, fair enough in my book. If I was a mod for example I would be very very different since its unsuitable for a mod to behave like I do!

(I always think of this place as nothing but a forum, where people are free to express views, flame, share interesting things and just spend some time for a laugh or just ventilate. Imo its great!)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Dueling circles have been going on for at least a year at DC, always did my up most to contribute to them in a positive way. Although the local duelers who insisted it wasn't planned sure made sure they discussed how they would kill me in IRC.

For once good job Requiel :drink:

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
Dueling circles have been going on for at least a year at DC, always did my up most to contribute to them in a positive way. Although the local duelers who insisted it wasn't planned sure made sure they discussed how they would kill me in IRC.

For once good job Requiel :drink:

arent u the adding person that added on everything on sight and hiding ure bb inside tower healing u when u where running away or am i totally wrong ?

IainC

And well, here you admit it. You have something against a certain playertype, end of the story.

Yes you are correct. I do have something against a particular playertype. I actively pursue an agenda against people who cause trouble and divisiveness on the server. Sometimes those players are 'zergers' sometimes they are 'soloers' and sometimes they are '8v8ers'. I don't care which camp they fall in, how skilled they are or aren't. I don't have any personal issues with any of those particular playstyles and I certainly don't attack people for choosing how they play, but when an attitude is generating complaints, when people are being driven away by destructive and anti-social behaviour then I have to act.

It's my job.

I act when casual players are asshats, you don't hear about those because they don't make whinethreads when I slap them for being idiots. I act when respected or high profile members of the community overstep the mark. You generally hear about all of those. I act when less respected members of the community do something worthy of a slap. Sometimes you hear about them, more often they just slink off. You're taking a small sample (which is all the data you have) and assuming that this sample is representative of the whole. The 'hardcore RvR' crowd (for want of a better term, I don't mean to imply any negative connotations) are generally more plugged in to each other and better connected amongst yourselves than other sections of the community. When something happens to one, the rest quickly hear about it. That's not so true of other parts of the community and so it's easy as a member of that crowd to fall into the trap of thinking that you are all that there is because the rest of the community is largely invisible to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom