Archers of all Realms

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Theo, here hopefully this will help explain things a bit:

If I saw someone standing in the open & I line up a shot and I press my bow button twice ie shot & auto reload, if the target starts to move away from open view or range as my shot is released then it will hit him regardless if he's behind a wall or out of range. What will then procede to happen is my 2nd shot will say: Target is out of Range or Target is not Visible & I will not be able to shoot him.

And as Censi explained, sometimes in certain situations, ie Keep takes, DF stair fights, there will be the odd person who lag thru the lag and as such can take dmg. Many a times have I shot someone who lagged, though only once killed someone when he did.

And with the ToA bonuses of + Bow range dont be surprised to be hit by someone at a ridiculous range, ie it is now possible to shot up the stairs from the bottom.

Yossarian

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah i benefit and lose out to this with bolts and on incoming arrows, however 5 secs seems like a very long time for an arrow to be inflight..so probably volley. If not that get screenies and moan to right now.

There was a bug where and infil could spot a GT for an out of range archer with the volley RA a few patches back, dunno if that one has been fixed yet though.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Aye what Dafft said.

At milegates ppl tend to lagg alot :)
And when they lag through the wall you can shoot them if they still lagging when shot is fired, if the lagg has gone before arrow is released you get out of site msg.

So my 2 coppers fix your lagg :)
DaoC's network engine ain't really that great and need some fixing but I guees they had to make some sacrifices to be able to let so many chars in 1 zone and so on.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Oh, and another thing, if you lag through wall so the archer can see you, he can release the shot and hit you, although you will in reality still be outside in cover of the wall. Can hit with melee attacks this way as well though.

ye, hehe if u are lucky u can land a PA like this... i've done it once and the other times ive tried i only get "too far away" msg ^^

foolou

Fledgling Freddie
double los-checks

The second LOS/range-check at the end of the drawing phase doesn't apply to all kinds of pets and mobs.

Another nice example of the fucked up gamecode.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Loxleyhood said:
Not quite. What use to happen was the LOS check would happen when the archer pulled his bow. This meant that if the target then hid behind an obstruction before the bow fired the arrow would still hit true. Now, there are two LOS checks, one when you draw your bow and one when you release your arrow.

aye yeah :) I wasn't very clear meant if they had LOS at the start they could fire even if they didn't have the end - rereading it sounds like I meant they just needed to target you - los or not, which was just necros and nuking normal pets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom