Archers of all Realms

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Only really noticed this since i have been playing a caster alt .... WTF is this bullshit where archers shoot you through walls ... :(

I knew it went on because i heard other ppl say ... but OMG how it sucks

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Theodoric said:
Only really noticed this since i have been playing a caster alt .... WTF is this bullshit where archers shoot you through walls ... :(

I knew it went on because i heard other ppl say ... but OMG how it sucks
Volley?

xRedfieldx

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe its the delay on the shot being fired, say the archer presses to auto shoot and you go out of view after, most of the time the shot will still fire at you whether your behind a wall or not.

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah it is quite anoying :(. although not as annoying as how many arrows seem to go through my bt :(

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, and another thing, if you lag through wall so the archer can see you, he can release the shot and hit you, although you will in reality still be outside in cover of the wall. Can hit with melee attacks this way as well though.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer it can be lag a lot of times. in keep raids when peeps are beating on the door you often see them lag right through into the keep. if you are spamming shoot on them u will fire as long as they are visable to your client. same for walls or milegates.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
censi said:
...if you are spamming shoot on them u will fire as long as they are visable to your client. same for walls or milegates...

shhhhhh dont tell every secret, much roxor archers dont know it :D

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes i know all what you just said ... what i was refering to was being out of los for about 5 sec then getting hit

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
that you dont know the realm ability volley which you kinda should as a RR9l5? :wub:

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
It wasnt volley

and as i said i know all the options ppl gave.....

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
you said that after my comment but ok..

btw once a shot is fired it can take some time till arrow hits, can be throu wall etc

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, and thats the point im making ... that is bullshit... if you cast a bolt and someone moves behind wall .. you get the message spell fails

So why doesnt this happen with arrows....

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
it happens, get much enough messages target isnt in view, and ive toa range cap.

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
happens often enough that we get the target is not in sight msg...

and bolts even hit us when they are casted while we are still visible, and while that thing is flying our way, we stealth and still get hit by hit... how fun is that :confused:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Stop bitching, they've fixed this bug. You're either lying, exagerating or just plain whining.

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
Stop bitching, they've fixed this bug. You're either lying, exagerating or just plain whining.

You wanna learn some manners you sad little child .. i was asking a question
if u cant answer me with civility then dont bother

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I did answer. They've fixed the bug where you could shoot through walls. The only way it's possible now is with Volley or possibly where someone has gone into their game files and removed certain models. I dunno.

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok then say that ,, dont accuse me of lying or exagerating , the whine ok coz i guess it is alittle .. but i was curious as to why it was happening

Lethul

FH is my second home
strange that you notice it when you are on the reciving end of scouts :)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Theodoric said:
if you cast a bolt and someone moves behind wall .. you get the message spell fails
uhm did they change to that recently or what? cause that was not the case before atleast.
u can(or could) do same as u can with arrows. and often u can with DD's too.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
strange that you notice it when you are on the reciving end of scouts :)

Yes, only scouts can do that but with this:

Theodoric said:
Aye :) not many arrows got through Theos shield

I guess you got owned? :m00:

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
ive been told that there r game files that u can as such ''remove'' thus allowing u to shoot through wall's i dont which 1's so dont pm me but ive been told it can be done theo :flame: also on that point its very much against CoC to do that

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
I guess you got owned? :m00:[/QUOTE]

Oh my yes :).... repeatedly

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
there's a los check at the point of releasing the arrow (never used to be - if you could target them once and queue an autorelease it'd fire and hit whether they were still in LoS or not)

however once the arrow is in the air there's a delay before it hits you - it's like bolts or animist bombers (but without the dodgy pathing ;))

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Not quite. What use to happen was the LOS check would happen when the archer pulled his bow. This meant that if the target then hid behind an obstruction before the bow fired the arrow would still hit true. Now, there are two LOS checks, one when you draw your bow and one when you release your arrow.

But you're correct about the delay. If you hide some time between me firing and the arrow reaching you, the arrow will go round corners, blast through brick walls and possibly follow you through a teleport. Hmmm, I wonder if it would....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom