Games Archeage

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So what's the f2p model like? Do you actually need to pay to play all content, can you earn everything ingame, or are features locked behind a moneybag?

cog

Can't get enough of FH
If you've gone patron and have 5k labor points you should be fine to do 48-50. Labor point expnditure to xp is proportional so if you spend e.g. 5lp for 5xp, 100lp will give 100xp (100lp is something like 10.5k exp with a vocation pot at 48)

The way I did it was crafting the lowest level plate wrists as iron ingots were the cheapest 'main' ingredient to buy (I was too lazy to mine for ore :p ) - you need moonlight archeum dust aswell to make armour (get it off the AH or you might have some from looting), however I guess you could also start out by refining all your raw materials - crafting armour just gives you a lot more xp quickly as the pieces cost 100lp each. Iirc the plate wrists require 3 wedges, 1 iron ingot, 1 moonlight dust.

My method was to go to a general merchant and buy a bunch of wedges (each piece uses 3) and evenstones (they break the armour pieces back down for more lp/xp and, more importantly, give back your archeum dust for chain crafting goodness). Then pop the vocation pot and chain craft/break down plate arms until your lp runs out. If you don't quite make it and you can afford a worker's compensation you can then pop that for an additional 1k lp (12 hour cooldown though).

Poag

m00?
Forgive the background sound, but i love it when something like this happens....

You sadly can't hear what i'm saying, but safe to say i was giggling my arse off...

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
@Poag Cogsy explained it well. If you don't want to lose money/want to make money I'd mine iron nodes, turn the stone into Hereafter Stones then sell them on the AH (constant demand for obvious reasons). His method is the most efficient, Hereafters are the most economically sound. In hindsight though, I wouldn't have crafted for XP at all. Labour points are much better used to make money - opening purses, mining, fishing. Being 50 doesn't change too much aside from being able to do GHA runs. That all changes next week when Auroria comes out, but you're behind the curve for that anyway in all honesty.

@old.Tohtori One of the guys in our set group hasn't spent a penny on the game and he has better gear than me. Nothing is locked behind paying for things, however paying expedites more or less everything you might want to do. I subscribe simply because having the 5k pool of labour for patrons (2k for F2P players) and the offline regen of labour makes the game easier for me to play (and I'm not short for £8 a month) but I could still happily play the game without a sub.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Forgive the background sound, but i love it when something like this happens....

You sadly can't hear what i'm saying, but safe to say i was giggling my arse off...

That Bone Cage. Rekt!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
[USER=2158]@old.Tohtori One of the guys in our set group hasn't spent a penny on the game and he has better gear than me. Nothing is locked behind paying for things, however paying expedites more or less everything you might want to do. I subscribe simply because having the 5k pool of labour for patrons (2k for F2P players) and the offline regen of labour makes the game easier for me to play (and I'm not short for £8 a month) but I could still happily play the game without a sub.[/USER]

Cool ty, will have to give it a go at some point then :p

Just don't want to pay for another mmo since i already sub for wow and got GW2 sitting unused on my desktop anyway.

Poag

m00?
@Poag Cogsy explained it well. If you don't want to lose money/want to make money I'd mine iron nodes, turn the stone into Hereafter Stones then sell them on the AH (constant demand for obvious reasons). His method is the most efficient, Hereafters are the most economically sound. In hindsight though, I wouldn't have crafted for XP at all. Labour points are much better used to make money - opening purses, mining, fishing. Being 50 doesn't change too much aside from being able to do GHA runs. That all changes next week when Auroria comes out, but you're behind the curve for that anyway in all honesty.

@Zede ;)

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Finally got a lottery purse, was hoping to get even luckier and get 1k or so but a free 58g is fine. ;D

8Pll2xq.jpg

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Auroria out tomorrow! Pumped for there being a proper PvP zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom