Apocalyse guys theifs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awful

Banned
come by my CM later today, i'll let you buy the SoM. only 15 plat and it's yours, sad whiner.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Awful said:
come by my CM later today, i'll let you buy the SoM. only 15 plat and it's yours, sad whiner.

Sceenshot

Sad thief.

Your guild behaved like total arses to sell an artifact, not even to use, while you want other albs to respect you wishes of not being interfering when you do rvr.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
givf entire log :p farek said summin else but cant see it :p

oh and pls tell me who the big and large guild is cerdin:p although i think its pretty obvious :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Awful said:

you're really not helping your case here ;)

laaken

Banned
Kinad said:
Sceenshot

Sad thief.

Your guild behaved like total arses to sell an artifact, not even to use, while you want other albs to respect you wishes of not being interfering when you do rvr.

great, the perfect example. you have your pve morale, but when it comes to rvr you don't respect us at all. ADD ADD RPS NAS NAS! i remember when there was a few whine threads about us not wanting adds and people spit in our faces saying, "DONT TELL ME HOW TO PLAY THE GAME ELITIST ****" and so on. but now you're telling us we can't do an encounter without getting a whine thread? all it accomplishes is that next time we won't even give you a second try.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
thats an interesting point laaken.
how pve rules are diffrent from rvr rules. be nice if fg fights culd be respected more :)

laaken

Banned
i'd just like to add btw, to put a nail in kinad's coffin. he went all the way to the anathemic salamander and dragged it into us so we'd get aggro because of our dd storm, (which luckily had ticked away). but i'm sure you have a great excuse for aggroing the salamander all that way just to drag it to us. now piss off.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Apoc dudes have some NP noobs in it.
Must be pretty hard to not become utter pricks then.
Guess it is infectious or something.
Regards, Glottis :puke:

laaken

Banned
err, one from kinad's group. didn't bother to check what his name was since we were busy with the encounter.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
afaik AD have no NP noobs in them anymore :p
just a noob savage <hugs Stormhemulen> :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
[NO]Subedai said:
oh and pls tell me who the big and large guild is cerdin:p although i think its pretty obvious :)
Indeed it is.

The lack of facts about that incident are rather hilarious. Simple fact is that someone tried lying & leeching their way to an artifact - and in the end didnt get it.

All the crying in the world afterwords doesnt change anything. And Antedeluvian/Templario/whatever: before you whine about it on these forums ask your guildmate about the times he tried this same lameness against other people. Theres at least another 2 Im aware of: possibly more.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Belomar said:
The ethics of artifact encounters are quite tricky. Recently, the GM of one of our allied guilds contacted me about Shades of Mist. Evidently, one of his guildies had been camping the spot, and so had some char from a big and well-known guild in Albion (none of the guilds involved in this post). The member of the big guild had been camping the longest, so when the encounter came up, the FG of that guild was allowed to go in. However, they wiped on the second or third chryosphinx and released, so the guy from my allied guild gathered his FG and went in and got the cloak. The group from the "big and well-known Albion guild" became livid about this, however, calling them "artifact stealers". The day after, a GM of this guild contacted the GM of my allied guild and basically bullied them into handing over the cloak, threatening them with being boycotted on raids and events by their whole alliance.

I was quite disappointed to hear about this, especially from a guild (and a GM!) I have lots of respect for. My own position on this is that if there is a queue for an artifact encounter, the person who gets together a group capable of doing the encounter gets to go first (so camping for instance the Maddening Scalars spot with a level 20 alt does not constitute "owning" the mob when it spawns). Furthermore, you get one shot to try for the encounter, and if you wipe, the other groups waiting should definitely help you with rezzing, but they should now be free to move in and attempt the encounter themselves.

So, in the example here, you seem to have used your shot at the encounter, and since there was a group waiting, they were in the right to move in when you failed.

My opinion and that is all it is: If you release on an encounter then you gave up rights to the artifact, if you release in RVR does the opposing group or groups wait for you?

Now some people are better than others, I have heard of guilds running in to land the killing blow etc and frankly that is a right now moment. I have heard of others handing items over when they realised that it was not their encounter..

Frankly more ML1.1's (Fire island one) are needed and extended to artifacts.

There is a few artifacts such as the belt of fire that we have got and have completed, its a 1FG encounter and thats all you can do, if you fail you release that is the only way off the island.

Its a tough call but people have to be adult about it, if I'm stealthed then I cant expect people to know I am there, I general send a PM stating "hey guys just to let you know we are here but stealthed" that usually suffices, if it doesnt I screenshot the time and loc and conversation in preparation for Right now.

As you say its tough call, the issue with the illustration from Kinad is that it appears Kinad had some sort of agreement with Farek after the 1st attack failed. Personally that would result in a Right now as far as I am concerned.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Bellona said:
must suck to be in alb toa, so many people for so slow spawns.. im glad I left in good time :p

Its fine being an alb, seems that albs are more than capable of doing ML's and getting artifacts, peoples inability to play fair and be reasonable extends to all realms.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
laaken said:
what belomar said, and i'd like to add that we did let them try the encounter again.
they were about to get their asses kicked and then it resetted and then they just sat down doing nothing so we started it again. after we did it, they started to call us thieves and whatnot, which i find kind of abusive.

the bottom line is that we let you try again, and you didn't finnish the encounter. it's not yours to hog forever, i'm sorry this isn't obvious to you.

gl & hf.

Youre right, its not thiers to hog forever, its also not yours to rush in and hijack either!.

I have had encounters reset on me, it wasnt my fault, but then again I didnt have some fg plough in behind me stating "tough, you had your shot now were gonna own it"...if you did I'd be a tad pissed tbh.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
laaken said:
you're lying, you tried it one time after what farek said and it got reset.
so stop trying to make us looking bad by being dishonest. i can see your
nose growing from here pinocio.

I suggest you provide screenshots to the contrary then, the screenies that Kinad shows would suggest a tacit agreement.

laaken

Banned
in contrary to kinad i don't spam the ss button and then post stuff totally out of context to help my case. farek told him we would let them give it another try, we did and the encounter reset on them, we then waited a few minutes and they did nothing but to sit on the ground, so before they could drum the jungle drum and drag half albion there to be able to do it, we used our right to do the encounter.
they didn't wipe but they failed to do it, which is sufficient enough, else they could've stayed there all day trying to do it and ress up with bb and claim they didn't wipe.

and when we did do the encounter, they tried to get us wiped by dragging the anathemic salamander into us and our dd storm, which i mentioned earlier.
this on the other hand is something that's a rightnow matter.
i think it's quite clear who's at fault in this case, now stop the qq.

Awful

Banned
Will try too swipe SoM every day atleast one time to lessen this Kinad tossers chances of getting it. This kind of trash-talking is nothing I just wanna sit back and take, teh war is on .p

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
laaken said:
in contrary to kinad i don't spam the ss button and then post stuff totally out of context to help my case. farek told him we would let them give it another try, we did and the encounter reset on them, we then waited a few minutes and they did nothing but to sit on the ground, so before they could drum the jungle drum and drag half albion there to be able to do it, we used our right to do the encounter.
they didn't wipe but they failed to do it, which is sufficient enough, else they could've stayed there all day trying to do it and ress up with bb and claim they didn't wipe.

and when we did do the encounter, they tried to get us wiped by dragging the anathemic salamander into us and our dd storm, which i mentioned earlier.
this on the other hand is something that's a rightnow matter.
i think it's quite clear who's at fault in this case, now stop the qq.

So what your saying is that before they had a chance to get people to help them complete the encounter you decided to dive in and get the cloak...the fact of the matter is that they had a LD, I'm sure many of FH readers will be more than happy to assist whenever they see you guys doing an Artifact.

Rightly or wrongly you are coming accross as a right feckin morons.

Put it this way, the only evidence that has been presented here is from Kinad, thats it.

Take away from that whatever you wish.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
So what your saying is that before they had a chance to get people to help them complete the encounter you decided to dive in and get the cloak

If they have to go get more people to complete an encounter, then its free for all. not like anyone would care if i parked a cloudsongbot at eramais spot and told everyone who got near to "FO I JUST NEED MORE PPL".

i rate this thread 92% on the amg-leeching list.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Awful said:
Will try too swipe SoM every day atleast one time to lessen this Kinad tossers chances of getting it. This kind of trash-talking is nothing I just wanna sit back and take, teh war is on .p

After this diatribe I'm sure you have won over many enthusiastic supporters of your cause.

Well if nothing else, by camping SoM at least you wont be stealing artifacts will you.

I was impartial until you spouted this crap.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Awful said:

What about all us other tossers that might need it :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Generally speaking (i.e. again without knowing the specifics of this issue) many people have BBs these days, meaning that they will never wipe on an encounter as long as the bot is alive. So, according to your reasoning, I could keep dying again and again and again on an artifact encounter and still "own" it since I would be able to rezz myself with my bot? That doesn't sound too logical to me. Just recently, an SS artifact hunt came up against an artifact being camped by two people -- they were allowed to try the encounter twice, then the SS raid leader had us move in and take the encounter. In my mind, this is perfectly all right (especially since the people got two and not just one shot at the encounter), but the two campers raised all kinds of fuss about this.

Of course, I can understand the feelings of people who have been camping a mob for a long time, and then wipe when trying the encounter only to have another FG move in and take it. This happened to us when we tried Sebak the first time, and that time the darn mob dropped the robes as well (I've killed him twice since and no drop). :( However bitter that was, I accepted that we had had our chance and failed.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Awful said:

Sad we had to goto war about this. Im thinking maybe to get a mincer with max tireless and longwind, getting him shitloads of end potions so i can move around fast and not only learn from the best, but also assist them if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom