Apocalyse guys theifs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Me and some friends where doing shade of mist, and got some death, so where rezzing. Farek logs in at same time, and calls in apoc guild. I tell him we where allready doing the encounter, 1 mob allready down, and am told they will do it if we fail. While we buff up,wait for ld and rezz sick of those who died they decide its their right to take it so they do.

In my book thats stealing.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
eissua said:
In my book you failed. rly if you can't even do that mf easy encounter :eek:

Some deaths wating for ld and rezz sick to clear, with 1 mob down is not failed Aussie, and it certainly not failed when Farek tells us they will wait for us to see if we can do it, then just grap it when they are enough.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Btw some days ago i was in a random group, and one pala wanted to have
GoV so we went there. Apocalypse Dudes where doing the encounter but they where dying, so my group ran in and took the encounter. I told them not to, but was told that Apoc dudes had done the same to them the day before. Still i decided it was not right, wanting Apoc dudes to have a chance to recover since they where there first and pulled out, leaving my group without mezz. The group died and apoc guys recovered and got the artifact, which by all rights where theirs.

Im not the one who ask a whole realm to repect my encounters in rvr, while
respecting noone in pve. I have integrity, i dont need to steal or abuse others to compete in rvr.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
The ethics of artifact encounters are quite tricky. Recently, the GM of one of our allied guilds contacted me about Shades of Mist. Evidently, one of his guildies had been camping the spot, and so had some char from a big and well-known guild in Albion (none of the guilds involved in this post). The member of the big guild had been camping the longest, so when the encounter came up, the FG of that guild was allowed to go in. However, they wiped on the second or third chryosphinx and released, so the guy from my allied guild gathered his FG and went in and got the cloak. The group from the "big and well-known Albion guild" became livid about this, however, calling them "artifact stealers". The day after, a GM of this guild contacted the GM of my allied guild and basically bullied them into handing over the cloak, threatening them with being boycotted on raids and events by their whole alliance.

I was quite disappointed to hear about this, especially from a guild (and a GM!) I have lots of respect for. My own position on this is that if there is a queue for an artifact encounter, the person who gets together a group capable of doing the encounter gets to go first (so camping for instance the Maddening Scalars spot with a level 20 alt does not constitute "owning" the mob when it spawns). Furthermore, you get one shot to try for the encounter, and if you wipe, the other groups waiting should definitely help you with rezzing, but they should now be free to move in and attempt the encounter themselves.

So, in the example here, you seem to have used your shot at the encounter, and since there was a group waiting, they were in the right to move in when you failed.

Bellona

Banned
must suck to be in alb toa, so many people for so slow spawns.. im glad I left in good time :p

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
The ethics of artifact encounters are quite tricky. Recently, the GM of one of our allied guilds contacted me about Shades of Mist. Evidently, one of his guildies had been camping the spot, and so had some char from a big and well-known guild in Albion (none of the guilds involved in this post). The member of the big guild had been camping the longest, so when the encounter came up, the FG of that guild was allowed to go in. However, they wiped on the second or third chryosphinx and released, so the guy from my allied guild gathered his FG and went in and got the cloak. The group from the "big and well-known Albion guild" became livid about this, however, calling them "artifact stealers". The day after, a GM of this guild contacted the GM of my allied guild and basically bullied them into handing over the cloak, threatening them with being boycotted on raids and events by their whole alliance.

I was quite disappointed to hear about this, especially from a guild (and a GM!) I have lots of respect for. My own position on this is that if there is a queue for an artifact encounter, the person who gets together a group capable of doing the encounter gets to go first (so camping for instance the Maddening Scalars spot with a level 20 alt does not constitute "owning" the mob when it spawns). Furthermore, you get one shot to try for the encounter, and if you wipe, the other groups waiting should definitely help you with rezzing, but they should now be free to move in and attempt the encounter themselves.

So, in the example here, you seem to have used your shot at the encounter, and since there was a group waiting, they were in the right to move in when you failed.

Cerdin we did not fail, i have a screen shot of Farek promising us to let us try to finish encounter, and if we get wiped they would go for it. It was not them rezzing us or anything, we where all rezzed since no wipe, and trusting Farek would keep his word and let us try to finish we waited for ld.

Btw there was no group waiting, apoc dudes where inc, they where not at the spot.

laaken

Banned
what belomar said, and i'd like to add that we did let them try the encounter again.
they were about to get their asses kicked and then it resetted and then they just sat down doing nothing so we started it again. after we did it, they started to call us thieves and whatnot, which i find kind of abusive.

the bottom line is that we let you try again, and you didn't finnish the encounter. it's not yours to hog forever, i'm sorry this isn't obvious to you.

gl & hf.

Medde

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope AD gets banned for this awful act of greed. no respect. :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
(Btw, if anyone is doing Tartaro's Gift soon, pm me if possible -- I only need credit. When we did it, it somehow bugged so that I did not receive credit, and GOA won't fix it for me. :()

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
laaken said:
what belomar said, and i'd like to add that we did let them try the encounter again.
they were about to get their asses kicked and then it resetted and then they just sat down doing nothing so we started it again. after we did it, they started to call us thieves and whatnot, which i find kind of abusive.

the bottom line is that we let you try again, and you didn't finnish the encounter. it's not yours to hog forever, i'm sorry this isn't obvious to you.

gl & hf.

How are we going to get our ass kicked when noone in battle waiting for ld, after Farek promised we would get a shot first to finish the encounter ?
I was stealthed at the statue, i could have taken it anytime, but i trusted
Apoc dudes would keep a word.

You did not give us a shot, you waited until apoc guys where together inc from different zones and went for it, disregarding the agreement made with Farek. In that time we could have continued, since purge is in the game.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Interesting story Belomar. Its also fairly far removed from the truth of the incident.

The same member of the guild from your alliance tried the same 'I was camping here for hours' lies a few days earlier: the only reason he didnt attempt to 'steal' the cloak in the same way is that he was too slow in getting a group together. Im sure thats just 1 more detail he forgot to mention when whining about it on /as.

Fortunately his GM realised he was in the wrong eventually and resolved the situation to everyones satisfaction.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Sceenshot

Yes a word is a word.

Hobbes, gm of zak, can confirm my story too, and i think his respected as being honest and fair.

laaken

Banned
rofl, if i were you kinad i'd try honesty before lying when you're going to call us thieves. you started the encounter, fought a sphinx--and the encounter reset.
(this was after the first time you died and was waiting for your so called ld and ress sick)

so actually, you had several tries in total so what are you whining about really?

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
laaken said:
rofl, if i were you kinad i'd try honesty before lying when you're going to call us thieves. you started the encounter, fought a sphinx--and the encounter reset.
(this was after the first time you died and was waiting for your so called ld and ress sick)

so actually, you had several tries in total so what are you whining about really?

Maybe you should look at the screenshot, and tell me if Farek did not agree
to let us try first, then if we failed apoc would try it.

Sceenshot

Dicer

Fledgling Freddie
Not taking a stand but pointing out some facts

A few weaks ago 5 apocalypse dudes were camping MoS ,
They got wiped on first and second try and sphinxes had respawned back (they killed 2) and they didnt want to give up their spot to another fg that waited there, they came back from volcanus and were successfull on third try.

And about the cloak , if you want it you will probably be able to find it on their CM, 10-12p is their usual price.

Dicer

laaken

Banned
Dicer said:
A few weaks ago 5 apocalypse dudes were camping MoS ,
They got wiped on first and second try and sphinxes had respawned back (they killed 2) and they didnt want to give up their spot to another fg that waited there, they came back from volcanus and were successfull on third try.

And about the cloak , if you want it you will probably be able to find it on their CM, 10-12p is their usual price.

Dicer

the fg you're refering to were _you_ that was standing there alone and wanted to join, and we said that we wanted to try to do it ourselves. then a zerg of two fgs or something came by and we got abused by the leader of that "raid" saying he was fed up with small groups and would do it instead of us if we got wiped again. we tried again and got it.
and there isn't much we can do if someone else want to do the encounter is there? if someone would've swooped in and taken it instead of us, we would have been perfectly aware of that we had several tries already, hence no qq whine thread on fh.

Awful

Banned
blame me imo, i'm the most greedy sob you will meet. ask the the rest of ad.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
They where not ready to pull, people from apoc still inc.
Agreement which can be seen clearly from screenshot showed their GM
would let us try first, then if we failed they would try it.
We thought an agreement comming from a GM was valid so we waited for our ld to return, altho we could have pulled.
The second apoc dudes was together they grapped the encounter disregarding what was agreed on.

Sceenshot

Now apoc dudes, look at the picture and tell me what you think Farek agreed on.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Interesting story Belomar. Its also fairly far removed from the truth of the incident.

The same member of the guild from your alliance tried the same 'I was camping here for hours' lies a few days earlier: the only reason he didnt attempt to 'steal' the cloak in the same way is that he was too slow in getting a group together. Im sure thats just 1 more detail he forgot to mention when whining about it on /as.

Fortunately his GM realised he was in the wrong eventually and resolved the situation to everyones satisfaction.

And that GM tried to set a bg and a /random 100 for artifact and the members of that "well knowed" guild despised that posibility to do the encounter in the fairest way possible and tried to kill the crisosphinxs, failing twice (not one time, we are talking here about two wipeouts). And after the encounter they procceded to make sends to a member of "that guild" saying this (lol, even Cappone would be ashamed): "we are a well knowed guild and you are a small guild whit low RRs in your files, so we can ban you from ML raids and RvR, give us the cloack" :puke:

And btw no contact whit the officers of the "small guild" (but 100 times better than the maffiosi gang), no PMs, zero, nada.... just threats.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
question is if the encounter reset or not before ad went in.

AD are slans all of them, communists, and morsan is gay.

laaken

Banned
Kinad said:
They where not ready to pull, people from apoc still inc.
Agreement which can be seen clearly from screenshot showed their GM
would let us try first, then if we failed they would try it.
We thought an agreement comming from a GM was valid so we waited for our ld to return, altho we could have pulled.
The second apoc dudes was together they grapped the encounter disregarding what was agreed on.

Sceenshot

Now apoc dudes, look at the picture and tell me what you think Farek agreed on.

you're lying, you tried it one time after what farek said and it got reset.
so stop trying to make us looking bad by being dishonest. i can see your
nose growing from here pinocio.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Draylor said:
I have no way of knowing whether it was true or not. Since I was not at all involved in the event (I don't even know why the individual decided to speak to me in the first place -- it was not, however, "whined" over /as) and I haven't heard this from the other guild's perspective, I avoided to name the involved guilds. Perhaps I went too far anyway.

In all artifact feuds there are two sides of the story. I'm sorry if I brought this up in a bad way, I was not trying to point fingers at anyone, just giving an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom