anyone think pure tanks are gonna be TOO invincible?! caster nerfs ahead :(

O

old.Charonel

Originally posted by Fingoniel
normally you do damage and break the DD - if the snare wears off normally it can ramp up to 100%

i dont break the snare when i do damage again...but then i do, since the next snare DD WILL break it, just puts it back on again after that's all :D

and yes i do agree that the movement reduction thing where you slow to a stop needs fixing, overpower's snare's anyway, however, i hope that if your advocating the 100% wearing off to buggerall approach (ie the reverse of what it is now) that you've actually thought of what your saying, i'll basically have a perma root primary DD in that environment.

because at the end of a snare (as they are now) i spend a long time traveling VERY slow before it wears off.

now, since i'd be repeating the snare every 3 seconds (less in reality due to +dex etc...) you may as well just be perma rooted and be done with it because it'd never have chance to wear off down to the point where you can actually move more than two feet again. now since that's not likely, how about mythic just go with what was supposed to happen, ie a 40% snare drops you down to 40% (or 60%, can't remember which it does, whether it knocks off 40% or slows you down to 40%, either way it's bloody slow :D) for the duration, then stops happening, ie, the same way it does on mobs now.

because reversing the current bugged version of snare's as mythic seem to be saying (i'm sure they just havent thought it through) would totally and completely overpower a class which can reapply it quickly and constantly, even I'd have something to say about that, and i am that class :p

M

mojomoo

You should get yourself a nice UBER INVINCIBLE tank to look after you, you poor caster you /cry

D

Danya

Snare gets fixed so it starts at 40% and wears off to 0% over the duration in 1.53(?).

O

old.Charonel

wouldnt surprise me, 1.53 being the caster bashing patch :p

why the hell they can't just fix it so it's what they intended it to be, 40% movement reduction for 30 seconds, not that hard surely.

A

Arnor

Scout/archer/ranger

from stealthed posision, first arrow maybe bt, 2 more then we are dead = impossible

laff

even I, with my lvl 23 runemaster knows how easy it is to solo an archer class:
critshot=bt,/face, nearsight, nuke nuke nuke nuke dead. Just to be sure, you can qc the first nuke or nearsight.
And I've tried this with my friends l50 rm, and it works. As long as the archer pops up in your target box, hes normally dead.
(sometimes he doesnt (working as intended pfft) and then he has you, normally.

edit: oh, and theres no MAYBE in that the first shot hits bt, its a fact as long as the lvl disparity isnt too high.

D

Dook_Pug

All of the Casters in this thread who claim they can't solo ANY classes 1v1, you're either an Ebay case or were PL'd to 50. The same goes for the Tanks against Casters.

I play a 50 Runie. If a Tank doesn't have IP up and I'm at max/near max range, he's dead. If he does have IP up but doesn't have purge up he's still dead 90% of the time. Anything below 3/4 max range and the fights go according to skill and luck.

IMHO, a Caster who meets a Tank at max range should kill the Tank a large percentage of the time BUT there's no way that it should be certain death for the Tank 100% of the time. At any distance between point blank - 3/4 max range the possibility for the Caster to win should diminish accordingly.

A Tank being able to close from max range and kill a Caster is ridiculous IMO. If a Tank was at point blank range, hitting me, I'd expect to die. They are next to me, they're doing what they do (hitting me), I SHOULD be dead. The same should go for Casters. The way people go on is like Tanks should be able to kill a Caster 1v1 from max range. Until a Caster can kill a Tank from point blank range while being hit, a Caster should always have the better chance at killing a Tank from max range.

However, this game isn't based towards solo encounters. In 1FG + 1FG encounters, tactics win. A smart group will always go for the Casters first! Unfortunately there aren't many smart groups running around lately (hence the zergs), which leaves the casters alone to nuke away.

If you leave the Casters free at the back of the group ofcourse you're gonna get nuked to hell and back, it's what they do. Tanks cry nerf because they always get killed by Casters, yet the only reason they get killed by said Casters is because they havem't used their heads in the first place and left the Caster free to do their thing.

As it is now, the game is balanced. IP, Purge, Determination and magic resist RAs have straightened out the major problems that Tanks were justified in screaming nerf for, however, when SC is introduced Casters will be screwed.

With max resists most Casters will only hit for 200-350 max. If a Tank is bearing down on you, you have absolutely no chance.

With Determination, IP, Purge and max resists for most Tanks and no collission detection, Casters will be easy meat.

If Mythic hadn't put RA's in, game balance would be that much closer. With the resists that SC brings Casters would have been brought down to the level everyone agrees they should be, but SC coupled with RAs paints a very bleak future for mages.

R

razorboy

they should remove resists from spellcrafting, it's a direct nerf to all casters

sshot023.jpg
<- 78% resist

M

Madonion Slicer

I like the fact that all tanks will have Purge by the time they leave BG1, and have FA2 and IP for RR3, nice realm abilities for a small amout of work.

woo hoo Tank loving

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Charonel

i dont break the snare when i do damage again...but then i do, since the next snare DD WILL break it, just puts it back on again after that's all :D

you break and it reapplies ;)
i.e. doesnt wear off naturally - hence doesn't have the bugged effect.

and yes i do agree that the movement reduction thing where you slow to a stop needs fixing, overpower's snare's anyway, however, i hope that if your advocating the 100% wearing off to buggerall approach (ie the reverse of what it is now) that you've actually thought of what your saying, i'll basically have a perma root primary DD in that environment.

yeah I'd really love you to have permaroot, that'd be fair.

No I'm meaning 100% of 40% = 40% going down to 0% of 40% = 0% :)
i.e. you go slightly slow then go normal speed - not you go slightly slow, then after a minute you suddenly stop then 'pop' full speed again.

anything else would be pretty stupid :)

F

Flimgoblin

wouldnt surprise me, 1.53 being the caster bashing patch :p

why the hell they can't just fix it so it's what they intended it to be, 40% movement reduction for 30 seconds, not that hard surely.

that's what it becomes - almost

40% movement reduction for 25 seconds
then it drops off for 5seconds gradually.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by razorboy
they should remove resists from spellcrafting, it's a direct nerf to all casters
<- 78% resist

of course the fact that 26% is the max from items and you can get that _without_ spellcrafting is nothing to do with it...

and that someone happens to have lots of buffs and that enchanter unique realm ability?

nah, lets nerf spellcrafting anyway, even though it's got nothing to do with it.

O

old.Charonel

Originally posted by Fingoniel

that's what it becomes - almost

40% movement reduction for 25 seconds
then it drops off for 5seconds gradually.

ahhh that's ok then, thought for a minuit that they were gonna make it so the movement reduction starts decreasing the second you snare them, ie after 5 seconds they're moving x amount faster than when they got hit with the snare :), simply haveing a gradual fall off at the end of the snare seems fine :), so long as my primary DD actually does what it's supposed too i'll be happy with it, just sick of getting hit with nerfbats that were aimed at an entirely different class that's all.

ie mezz resists hitting duration, was needed since 1min mezzes ruined things, but a 15 second mezz doesnt seriously need this hit, the current bugs with regards to spells whihc mean that for pretty much every caster in the game we have basically 100% of our miniding points being entirely worthless since we can't actually hit anyone above lvl 10 or so with a secondary spec spell, and the bug seems to be going nowhere, was patched in recently too :(, ie i have an aoe mezz that i can't mezz anything higher than level 7 mobs with :rolleyes:, like to see what tanks would think about not being able to hit with anything other than lvl 45+ styles.

you can't even dual spec either, since that would leave both lines below 40 and therefor at something stupid like a 70% resisted spells rate.

if they just did two things, firstly stopped hitting us with nerfs aimed at other classes, secondly stop breaking our damn spells, the thing about spell level effecting resists is the same reason why i'm sure everyone's been noticing that cleric insta pbae CC (i think it's insta anyway) is getting resisted everywhere, the reason being that since clerics have respecced (mostly) to very low smite ( i think their mezz is in smite line), their low lvl mezz get's resisted by everyone, i was looking forward to getting aoe mezz and nearsight, especially nearsight, but now i dont even have my secondary spec spells hotkeyed :(

please fix things :p

F

Flimgoblin

you can't even dual spec either, since that would leave both lines below 40 and therefor at something stupid like a 70% resisted spells rate.

I've yet to see any decent logs about this change (which has been said by various TL's that it's a bug if it's not just wackiness of a random number generator)

Certainly my low-level aoe mezz works fine with my sorc :)

D

Danya

Could be worse Charonel, at least you have some high level spells... Minstrels (and skalds) have no dd spell over 44, and no stun/mez over 40. :p

O

old.Charonel

yeah it's supposed to be a bug and not an ACTUAL nerf, but it's not an uncommon one to hear about from casters, sorcs who get the mid 30's lvl mezz get fg's resisting often, i get exactly the same problem, yet worse due to the spell/spec level being lower, out of all the times i tried using aoe mezz (lvl 4 one currently) i got 100% resists, i just thought bad luck at first, but to date i have NEVER gotten my aoe mezz to land on an invader. not even ONCE. i even tried aoe mezzing a grey con curmudgeon village too (lvl 16-18 mobs, i'm lvl 41) and had the entire village coming for me, not one mezz landed, it SHOUDL have stopped the entire village for 10 seconds.

it's a joke, was REALLY looking forward to nearsight, now i know for a fact that even when i get it it's not gonna be usable :(, thank god my final primary snare DD is a lvl 50 spell is all i can say :p

can anyone imagine what it must be like for someone who took a spec which leaves you with two lines in the 30's? some classes could do that without gimping, now they'd find almost all spells resisted :(, on mobs too, i have yet to mezz a yellow con mob, or a grey con if it's above level 10 or so, since mezzes are supposed to have a fairly good stick rate on red/purp mobs this isnt funny at all.

O

old.Charonel

Originally posted by Danyan
Could be worse Charonel, at least you have some high level spells... Minstrels (and skalds) have no dd spell over 44, and no stun/mez over 40. :p

yeah i've been reissting a good few minstrel DD's too come to think of it...

i just wish they'd fix bugs when they turn up, is entirely annoying, and if this takes them as long to fix as the bolt blocking bug (took them over 1 year ffs) then i dont think i'll bother, if i roll another class it'll just get exactly the same problem, or it'll get nerfed etc... mythics stance on these things is beginning to get a little old i think.

A

Arnor

<- 78% resist

for all you know, he could have been max resist-buffed and used:The Empty Mind Active 30 min. 6 10 14 0 0 N/A N/A 10% per level boost to all magic resistances for 60 seconds.
And have maxed AoM (doesnt work as advertised, but still)

One screen doesnt tell jack all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom