Anyone else having this little problem?

C

celtavigo

They got to be fucking kidding with me.. I haven't been able to play for 3 weeks, and now that I can finally play they fuck up a again.....Fuck this shit.. I patched but my pw doesn't work.. that is normal I guess??

H

Herbal Remedy

it wont work because you are connected to the us servers not eu ones as you dont have a vild us account login and pass it wont work

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
type in this txt folder the following

login.dll
exit /y

save file and rename it to bypass.bat

run that .bat and a login screen will appear just enter your login and password and play as normal

Worked a treat. Thanks :)

K

Krakatau

Originally posted by celtavigo
They got to be fucking kidding with me.. I haven't been able to play for 3 weeks, and now that I can finally play they fuck up a again.....Fuck this shit.. I patched but my pw doesn't work.. that is normal I guess??
Patched to US-version...Get US account :p

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Worked a treat. Thanks :)

Yeah, nice one Herbal (and Fatbelly).

A friend of mine works for a UK-based Wanadoo subsidiary, and has described to me in hilarious detail quite how inept the French team are. It's not that they are malicious, or don't mean well - but they really are damn poor at customer service. The idea of fast reaction is just totally beyond them.

O

old.Tohtori

The fun fact of the day:

When i woke up and tried to get to the camelot pages and, as you might have noticed (harhar), couldn't get there i never even thought that the problem would be at GOAs end(no pun intented).

I thought it was some strange net thing that messed my comp, wrong url or something. Odd. :D

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
The fun fact of the day:

When i woke up and tried to get to the camelot pages and, as you might have noticed (harhar), couldn't get there i never even thought that the problem would be at GOAs end(no pun intented).

I thought it was some strange net thing that messed my comp, wrong url or something. Odd. :D

lucky you

the rest of us are bitter cynical people who always blame GOA :p

O

old.Biffsmash

can you get "done" or banned or anything for using these helpfull workaround tips for getting into the game ? just wondered as i dont wanna lose my acc but wanna play :p

A

Addlcove

nope, using the */.bat calling the login.dll is perfectly legit

O

old.Tohtori

Then again if you ask a bankrobber if robbing the bank is legal, he'll probably say "Oh sure it is!" until the men in blue uniforms(or in britain, black with silly hats) come and tell otherwise :D

A

Addlcove

please let us know if using "call login.dll" works in 98SE ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Addlcove you little pharming ,pimpthreading replyho stop answering to every reply :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Addlcove you little pharming ,pimpthreading replyho stop answering to every reply :p

pfft at least I ain´t doing +1 but semi-senbible replies, is a such fast order people have trouble keeping up :p

S

seroth_mythcraf

i pathed to 1.64b and i cannot login to the game my username or password is incorrect.... is 5 days since i subscribed for the free month and now i can't play again not reach the official europe page to know why.....

I didn't receive any email with new password either...
well goa i just can't understand the way you are acting....

A

Addlcove

I´m pretty certain GOA didn´t take down the patch server on purpose :)

S

Sajko

Can someone please c/p the IP addresses on the US patch from update.dat ?

O

old.Tohtori

This was the most popular Seel thread by the way :p

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr
Nope, not reaching it either.
Not very surprised though, since I have been going LD every 10 mins the past 4 days.
Something about me and connecting to France is seriously screwed... :(
#
I've been getting weird lag effects, plus some LDs (which are VERY rare for me) the last two nights or so as well...

[sigh]

GOA-run servers in "sucking again" shock claim.

P

Pixie.Pebr

You in Sweden Svartmetall (I guess so ;))?
With Chello.se as ISP?

I did some poking around and I doubt GOA is responsible for my troubles this time...
Getting an increase in pingtime from 50 to 120 when hopping from aorta.net in Amsterdam to aorta.net in NYC, then it just builds up on the way back to Europe and Prydwen, peaking at 220.
That is the times I actually manage to make a full tracert at all.

X

xajorkith

I think the whole world is trying to Download the just released CounterStrike v1.6.......Blame all the CS players!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread