Anyone else having this little problem?

O

old.Tohtori

Anyone else having this little problem?()

Can't connect to camelot-europe. Kinda spooky :eek6:

It just gives ye old "page cannot be displayed".

I know that people are having trouble getting to the account pages and such but getting to the mainpage being a problem... erh...stlange...

H

Hulbur

Aye - keeps patching to US and wont let me back on.
:touch: You awake yet GOA?

P

Pixie.Pebr

Nope, not reaching it either.
Not very surprised though, since I have been going LD every 10 mins the past 4 days.
Something about me and connecting to France is seriously screwed... :(

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by Hulbur
Aye - keeps patching to US and wont let me back on.
:touch: You awake yet GOA?

Make the update.dat Read Only.
A good way to spend a few seconds of not being able to connect as well :)

W

wuntvor

Haveing the same problem. I've just patched to 1.64b.

Errrrrm noobs question, how do I get back to 1.62. A reinstall job or is there a faster way?

A

Alpha-SWG

-.-

pfft so im not the only one connect to US server with patch 1.64d then...
:D

O

old.Tohtori

Oh phew...(sounds like oh poo..strange)..i thought my webby thing had something messed up. Ah well, good to hear it's not my problem :clap:

...hey! I made an informative/non-flamish thing about a problem! What is happening to me!!

P

Pixie.Pebr

/slap!

I sentence you to 10 erratic, senseless posts in the BW General area.
Repent!

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by wuntvor
Haveing the same problem. I've just patched to 1.64b.

Errrrrm noobs question, how do I get back to 1.62. A reinstall job or is there a faster way?

replace the lines in update.dat with these

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

(no I hacen´t gone all soft all of the sudden, they just happened to be in my clipboard ;))

S

sh33py

Yeah everything is down although was fun patching to US version, strike up another GOA fuckup woot :D

T

the_smurflord

If you do a trace route to 193.252.123.21 (the patch server), it gets into wanadoo's network without problems, just can't find that ip address.
193.252.123.177 (Prydwen) can be found on a trace without problems.

Guess the patch server's crashed or off.

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by sh33py
Yeah everything is down although was fun patching to US version, strike up another GOA fuckup woot :D

Goa / Mythic fuckup really, since it isn't GOA who made the game look to the different US Patchservers when unable to connect to the default one.

Anyways, goodmorning all! :D

B

bob007

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66526

SI update.dat file text.

Mythic Patch

Sry don't use classic client, but its in link above.

Seems Loggin servers and web sites down atm. GoA sleeping in :p

Hehe I'd hate to be head of PR at GoA ATM, Just got rightnextmonth back up after a hack, Customers unable to use what they pay for. Ohh well. Sit back relax and see how long this 1 takes, :)

PS If anyone putting the tea on, Mines 1 sugar with milk :D

O

old.Kerosene

You know what gets me?

It's now 2:26pm for me and I was looking forward to settling down for a good DAoC session. Always the bloody way...

M

Maxer

Lol, im have trying to re-new my subscription for 3 weeks now but i starting to think why im trying ;)

anyway morring folks

S

sh33py

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr
Goa / Mythic fuckup really, since it isn't GOA who made the game look to the different US Patchservers when unable to connect to the default one.

Anyways, goodmorning all! :D

Well depends how much work GOA actually do/did with the client, its not really up to mythic to assign what GOA's version of the game patcher looks for.. you'd of thought they'd of removed the US server entries immediately..

Funny though, everyone from now onwards that tries to connect to daoc will have the wrong client version and will either have to reinstall or find the forums to get the right patcher details; god that'll be great for business :D

A

Ala

Yep I been trying for a coupla hours prolly....can't sleep in and it's raining and cold.....not fair! *waaaaaaaaaaaah!* Can't watch TV cos it's in foreign language I don't understand.

Oh yeah and isn't it always the way that this happens on a weekend :(

O

old.Tohtori

Stlangely enough...i couldn't connect to the game either. IT gave some warning message "Please click this and restart the application" and then shutted down.

So lucky for me it didn't patch right away to US :p

In any case, this is turning out to be one helluva stlange molning.

EDIT: Oh and yes. Good molning all.

K

killder

Didn't this exact same kinda problem happen just before the 'password scandal' ?????

D

drunkard

ah balls, I just managed to get the gf off to work and settled down for a nice peaceful morning of daoc. What are the odds the only person working there atm is some minumum wage fuckwit staring at flashing screen and scratching his balls.

O

old.Kerosene

Just been down the shop here. The only games you can buy in China are blatent rips and they sell them for something like 50p each so I'm thinking 'yay! Gonna get some games'

Installed Unreal 2 - Didn't work.
Installed IL2-Sturmovik - Didn't work
Installed Heroes of M and M - Worked but in Chinese
Installed GTA3 Vice City - YAY! Works. :D
Installed Sim City 4 - Works but too confusing.

The moral of this story? GIVF DAoC or I'm gonna start shooting random innocent people in GTA3.

W

wuntvor

Sorted my update.dat now.

Thanks for that :)

Helpful advice without flames..........BW truly is a strange and mysterious place at this time of day :p

Going to get a coffe and do some shopping

Morning Folks

L

looki

bad

I thought our IT department was bad (and I work init) but it does seem as if the f**k up fairies have been in again.

Anybody know of an emergency phone number i can rant to?

D

drunkard

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
GIVF DAoC or I'm gonna start shooting random innocent people in GTA3.

Beeting on grannies and hookers with your bare hands is great stress relief ;)

O

old.Kerosene

Aye. Caffiene induced mellowness at this time of the morning

And indeed, good morning to you all.

No rant number I'm afraid.

A

Ala

This better not b nething to do with those ****head (mod just for u Tilda :p) hackers :(

Wierd thing happenend in game yesterday...

This /level char comes to Keltoi (home of all /level chars :D) and starts leeching off EVERYONE so I start 'politely' asking him to stop and so on... he dies a few times, releases in front of cleric :doh: then comes back and does it all again...(ikkle bg story to set the scene) .....

.....now for the weird part. I pm him, he's in front of me, <Theyrt is not in the game..> o_O ..... ok he could have put me to 'ignore'
He don't know another char I have on second account so I check with diff char...He's still in Keltoi, I'm looking at him......<Theyrt is not in the game.....> ......htf does that work, lemme know if u can.

I reckon that's weird.

L

looki

That does indeed sound very wierd, although nothing suprises me these days. Even saw a necro without a face a month or 2 ago.

Ah well bad day to stop crack cocaine.

Users who are viewing this thread