Any Spaniards or ex-pat brits?

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by ~Yuckfou~, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Scouse

Scouse Glyphosate-fuelled tumor-boy FH Subscriber

Sounds great. Whereabouts. Google map link so we can spy?

If you don't mind me asking - what sort of figures you talking about? Presumably you'll need to spend the same again to do up to, what, a 2 bed farmhouse thing?

2. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Urracal
    Guy is asking 65,000, we have bid 35,000. He has come down to 55,000 so far but we don't want to pay more than 45/50,000. We need to spend 100,000(ish) on paperwork and renovations. Main house once reconfigured 2 large beds with ensuite, two further double beds with guest bathroom, Living room/Dining room/Hall/Kitchen. Two separate 100m2 rentals and 100m2 for our storage/workshop and a gym. Pool of course to be built.
    Epic views over the Almanzora valley. Great for walkers and cyclists or those that just want some peace and quiet. It's far from a done deal because of the paperwork nightmare with it, but our lawyer is optimistic we could get the deal done in 6/9 months.
    Fuck Mortgages.
    Fuck Brexit.

edit: fucking snowing here, 14 and sunny there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scouse

That's fucking amazing.

Get it bought before no deal brexit happens. Pound is already for shit. Could lose 25%.

I might be following you at those prices. I could flog a house and live mortgage free tomorrow!

4. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

small update:
    Travelling out there again 12th April for a few days, Brexit allowing :(
    Going back with an architect to see what we are and aren't allowed to do. It's on rural land and we are very restricted, but shouldn't be a show stopper.
    If all goes well, for sale sign outside here and offer upped to the vendor. *Might* be there by July/August.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Okay then, since no-one else is going to say it.

I know you're posting on here with your updates for a reason, when is the Freddies Inquisition to your villa?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Got any pics?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Sure bring all the tools you've got and your working gear. It's realistically a two year project. :(

I'll post pics when (if) it's ours, don't want to jinx it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Well FFS.
    Got a copy of the documents from the estate agent. House fine, amount of land fine. Problem is the land isn't the bit we were told. Pretty much all the land is behind the house in a ravine 100m or so away and completely fucking unusable, it's a black run++. Cunt told the agent the land was including a different parcel which may or may not be owned by the seller, we don't know yet.
    Anyhoo, offer withdrawn and Architect appointment cancelled.
    Still going in a few days but now doing loads of house viewings, back to square one.
    Hijo de Puta.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

:(

10. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Unfortunately I think this sort of thing happens quite a bit when buying abroad.

11. Scouse

That sucks a fat one.

12. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

It certainly seems common in Spain.

13. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

:( That sucks donkey balls, can you claim any monies spent on surveys etc as the cunt lied?

14. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Well there are often problems but predominately it's the building not the land. They have a tendency to throw a house up when no one is looking. Then somewhere down the line the problems start. Although in recent years the Spanish authorities have been taking a softer line and allowing post build permissions when peeps have been done up like a kipper. The paperwork for these buildings is all in order, I've seen it.

Fortunately not spent any money yet, I spotted the discrepancy in the paperwork. Luckily I speak enough Spanglish to spot it.

We find out tomorrow if the seller owns all the land or not. The estate agent has a meeting with the seller. If he does and it's included with the sale then we are back on track.

We knew from the offset this wasn't going to be easy because of the type of property we want to buy.

15. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Fuckity shit bollocks.
    Not only does he not own the land, but it is owned by the local council.
    How he thought he would get away with this I really don't know. Estate agent is equally annoyed as they've spent plenty of time with us on site, emails, calls etc.

So moving on. Viewing 15 or so properties in three days next week. Weather forecast is 23/24 degrees all day, so worse ways of spending our time. Looking forward to some cold beers and tapas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Lakih

Lakih FH is my second home

Good luck dude!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get what you after

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Sitrep:
    Spent a couple of days over there earlier this week. Saw 15 or so houses, some great but too much money and no negotiation on price, some not so great. Late on the last day the agent we were with says there is a Cortijo not on your list just up the road, but I don't think you'll like it as there is probably too much work. We said we are here let's look anyway, nothing to lose.
    It's a little cracker! Similar to the place we loved, a little smaller with less land. It's got the same kind of position overlooking the valley and the mountains on the other side. Surrounded by olive and almond groves. There's potential for one really good rental, with a possible cabin as well in the grounds hidden away.
    So we've already got the paperwork and my Spanglish tells me the land and buildings are all good. Sent it all off to the lawyer but it's god holiday time over there this week so won't hear back until next week.
    Mrs Yuck likes it because there are 2 neighbours, one behind us and one to the side, but not at all intrusive. It makes her feel safer should anything happen either to me or if I'm not there. The village, Somontin , is only 5 minutes walk away and has the basics for day to day stuff. There's 2 other villages 5 minutes drive and a small town that has most stuff 10 minutes away.
    If the paperwork is OK we are going back in the next week or so with the architect and if all looks good put in an offer. Our house is going on the market in the next week or so whatever happens.
    To save money we've decided to buy a caravan and park it on the land until the house is partly habitable. That should be "interesting" in the heat over there, got a feeling tempers may get frayed from time to time :mad:.
    Trying not to get emotionally invested this time but it's not easy.

• Like Like x 4
  19. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Having spent a summer in the south of France in a mobile home, good luck with that. :)

20. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Looking to get the power hooked up there muy pronto. Then get a mobile aircon unit to help with the tempers, plus maybe put a decent sized fridge/freezer somewhere for cold drinks.

• Like Like x 1