And weapon of the day is???????

R

Rigon-Noir-

Ignore this post, just found out its called the jackhammer and ive seen enough about it :(

I see NC shotgun (don't know what it's called) sales have hit a new high, i would say about 80% of the NC troops i ran into today had one.

One hit one kill :( now that hurts (full on anyway)

Noir BR13 / CR2 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

M

mid_Efour

man wtf am i doing wrong with it? i cant kill anyone in a one on one or it takes me about 10 shots.... i was considering specing out of heavy assult cos i find the shotty so shit,,,,, its like flak cannon from UT2003 :) but i cant hit anyone o_O.

I regularly get killed 1 on 1 at point blank range by TR troops with cyclers....... im thinking either alot of people are now useing the speed throttling to cheat or im just super unlucky.

Also some TR dude after i kiled him with a guass rifle PMed me calls me " a fucking overpoweredn00b" then puts me on ignore so i cant even ask "eh?" theres some real sad people on at 6am :)

teach me what im doing wrong with the shotgun cannon :(

A

aonn_elfclomper

when u get a red cross press left mouse 2-3 times and then do the same on next target

TR ForTehWin :mgwhore2:

J

Jonaldo

Cycler is ok as far as medium assault go but people say it pwns... they are wrong, it does little damage and the only time it's good is when you hit with every round.
Every empires medium weapon can kill equally as quick as each other, it just depends on the skill (and certain degree of luck) of the person using it.

D

Deadmanwalking

Guass >> all

Mind you saying that i got heavy assault, and i dont understand who its possible to die with it :cool: its bloody beastly jackhammer and guass or dual jackhammer or if im lucky chaingun and jackhammer.

Racked up 80 odd kills in last few hours with it

B

bigfoot

I'm not convinced about the balance of the weapons in PS at all, certain weapons do seem to be far too quick to kill even the most armoured of people and do make me wonder as to what kind of longevity there is if really effective weapons are relatively easy to obtain. I write this as someone who has come into the game late so obviously has some catching up to do on those who have been playing since the first day, but even so I could have obtained such weapons by now if I had gone a certain way in adding certs / choosing an Empire.

M

mid_Efour

well from me experaince

gauss is good until u try max zoom 4x? then ur hitting 25% of the time but it seems if im using cycler i know im hitting 75%+ maybe its recoil :) or something but if its hitting lighter . more often i know i prefer cycler in x2 zoom fights cos im such a good aim anyway :)

sniping on the other hand is such luck its not even fun, ive missed stationary targets when im 100% dead on. and killed moving targets when ive taken mad from the hip potshots at 8x zoom its too inconsistant to be fun

R

Rigon-Noir-

That weapon is just ridiculous, it needs the damage reducing.

I had hacked a tower today, i watched someone come up and retake so while he was hacking i moved up and started emptying my pistol in his back, he was near death, got jackhammer out and one shot killed me, i had full life ffs.

So NC, leave one man on every tower and cc with a jack hammer and no more worries from any infils ;)

(details left out for the sanity of Omniscieous, another 17 seconds of my life not wasted :p)

M

mank!

The Jackhammer is stupidly powerful and it's RoF is insanely quick, it's stupid trying to even kill someone with one.

O

old.Eeek

Use the Pulsar, you know its the weapon of choice :D Have been having far too much fun killing people with it :D

S

Siven

Originally posted by mid_Efour

sniping on the other hand is such luck its not even fun, ive missed stationary targets when im 100% dead on.

:ROFLMAO:

Try practising. Its rather easy tbh.

Oh, and pointblank potshots against Infils are the w1n ;)

D

Deadmanwalking

Of course it killed you in one your an infil ffs, someone spits at you and u fall over.

Jackhammers are damn good im not saying they arn't BUT.

Jackhammer = Shotgun
Right close to close/medium they are the daddy but medium to long range? Guass,Cycler,Lasher.

And from experiance of my own team here 90% of people with the jackhammer are complete morons who can't ue it properly.

I got it last night and promptly held off about 12 guys in a tower while my squadmate captured. Now yes that seems over powered. I then walked out the door and got completely slaughtered by a cycler at medium range. With my guass/jackhammer combo i am pretty much sorted but i am very partial to chainguns and loot them when i can meaning i am then a walking anti-infantry geezer.

Anyway like all the weapons it has its uses and its downfall. And as it's an NC weapon its strong point is its raw power. Chaingun ROF and general spray. VS ..... well yes.

:p

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.

And from experiance of my own team here 90% of people with the jackhammer are complete morons who can't ue it properly.

add me to the list.. ill get practicing stop trying to compensate for HL engine and start playing for PS

M

mank!

I got it last night and promptly held off about 12 guys in a tower while my squadmate captured. Now yes that seems over powered.

It's not overpowered as such, it's the rate of fire more than anything. With the jackhammer you just have to get relatively near and repeatedly smash fire and you'll get a kill, there's not really any need to aim. If the rate of fire was slowed down and you had to wait between firing shots, it would be much more like a shotgun. The rate of fire as it is is similar to a machinegun ffs, it's absolutely stupid.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by mank!
It's not overpowered as such, it's the rate of fire more than anything. With the jackhammer you just have to get relatively near and repeatedly smash fire and you'll get a kill, there's not really any need to aim. If the rate of fire was slowed down and you had to wait between firing shots, it would be much more like a shotgun. The rate of fire as it is is similar to a machinegun ffs, it's absolutely stupid.

thats kinda the whole point of it, it's not overpowered because it's range is minute - reduce it's rate of fire and you might as well use a normal shotgun and not waste 4 certs

S

Spinky

Well with TR MAXs feeling the nerfbat, it was just a matter of time before the next victim of 'teh Whine' appeared :p

B

bone_idle

I havent beaten a jack hammer 1 on 1 yet. I use a cycler but then thats a medium assault against a heavy assault.

Jackhammer = point click win :D

imo .

D

Deadmanwalking

Nah like i said its just people being killed, people hate dieing and so it cant be them it must be the overpowered weapons.

J

Jupitus

Well I emptied half a 16 shot clip into an infil at very close range from my Jackhammer and he only just died :(

Maybe it's cos I am laggy.... dunno.

It's not a 'win button' though, look at my lowly stats :)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Deadman, its nothing to do with getting upset about dieing, i die a hell of a lot and only get annoyed when it's one of our one team (like the sniper that got me the other day becuase his cross hair didn't change, ahh well thats ok mate, if it doesn't change, just shoot anyway). Against all other weapons i get half a chance of taking a hit and getting away, in every other case it's down to me to use any skills i have to get out and try again. The guy with the Jackhammer who got me in the tower was at the top of the stairs against the wall (where he'd backed off to) i was just away from the cc so thats not the smallest range in the world is it, it's wasnt really a point blank shot.

I didn't moan about max's, usually when i see one, i run but no other weapon in the game does this much damage and it's RoF does need to be slowed.

Noir BR13 / CR2 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

D

Deadmanwalking

Minichaingun is overpowered as it can kill hoardes of ppl without needing reload. I was like standing next to the guy with 1hp and no armour and it like killed me!

Its shit and needs to be made like every other weapon :rolleyes:

R

Rigon-Noir-

ahh, ok deadman, i see your that way out.

best wait till you get your head of your own arse before i reply.

oops, just did

G

Garaen

I used a Jackhammer, and i love it. But it is overpowerd. I frequently run into packs of 3/4 grunts and come out with 50% or so health left (Only in close quaters though) . It does require skill to a certain degree, 1v1 close quaters a jackhammer should win 100%, but on an open range with a bit of distance and the jackhammer is useless. In facilities or Tower's the Jackhammer is godlike, out on the field i won't use it at all.

A great thing about the Jackhammer is slapping on surge, going around the back of a MAX and letting rip (so to speak ;) ) .

D

Deadmanwalking

That was my point asmo but i stupidly said it in here to people who don't like dieing by weapons they cant use/have :(

M

mank!

Originally posted by old.m0000
thats kinda the whole point of it, it's not overpowered because it's range is minute - reduce it's rate of fire and you might as well use a normal shotgun and not waste 4 certs

The lack of range is made up for (and then some) by it's rate of fire. You wouldn't happen to play as NC would you?

M

mank!

Nah like i said its just people being killed, people hate dieing and so it cant be them it must be the overpowered weapons.

I suppose you're NC as well?

The weapon is stupidly overpowered in the sense that it's rate of fire is far too fast, reduce that and people actually might stand a chance against it. All you have to do with a jackhammer is sit behind something and wait for people to walk past you, what's the point in that? There's no skill involved whatsoever.

M

mank!

That was my point asmo but i stupidly said it in here to people who don't like dieing by weapons they cant use/have :(

The Jackhammer is the only weapon I don't like being killed with, odd that it's hugely overpowered really isn't it?

D

Deadmanwalking

Then you haven't obviously fought against people with chainguns.
It's true to TR form and sprays the bullets everywhere and is a right bitch in fights.

Edit: Oh and why not make all those points in one post?

M

mank!

Then you haven't obviously fought against people with chainguns.
It's true to TR form and sprays the bullets everywhere and is a right bitch in fights.

The chaingun's annoying too, but doesn't it slow the person down when they're firing it? I've not really come across it nearly as much as the Jackhammer though.

Edit: Oh and why not make all those points in one post?

I was replying to the thread as I was reading along. OMFG I'M A POST COUNT BOOSTER!!11

Users who are viewing this thread