And weapon of the day is???????

W

Will

Play nice kiddies. If this hadn't already calmed down a bit, I'd be locking this. This is a discussion forum, not a flamefest. You want that, get onto IRC.;)

G

Gef

retard.jpg

M

moo_work

Originally posted by mank!
The Jackhammer is the only weapon I don't like being killed with, odd that it's hugely overpowered really isn't it?

you wouldnt happen to play TR or VC would you?

jackhammer is NOT overpowered.

W

Will

To summarise everything...

Jackhammer is excellent at short range.

Jackhammer sucks at medium range.

Jackhammer is pointless at long range.

This post was brought to you by Mods against Repetition™ and the number 12.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Deadman, niether of us said they were retards, you just said they carried a weapon they had no skill in using. I'm saying the lack of skill isn't in using the weapon, it's in the movement they are (or are not) making when firing the weapon that gave me a fighting chance against them.

If you make a post mate at least stay with it's content and be consistent, calling someone a retard is what other retards usually do, not a word i use myself as people generally excel in different things. As any one playing Planetside had the ability to create an account and log into the game they would hardly be retards anyway.

Don't shut it tho Will, just delete some posts please becuase i think the comments on the power of the Jackhammer are valid.

W

Will

Do we not read mod warnings?

I don't have time to delete, if this kicks off into a flamefest again, it will be locked.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Originally posted by moo_work
you wouldnt happen to play TR or VC would you?

jackhammer is NOT overpowered.

Hehe, it's not Vietcong moo :p

We are VS

M

moo_work

err i dont see any warning about what i said - its a simple sumation of the views on this thread - if you are NC you will think jackhammer is good but not overpowered, if you are vs or tr then you will think it's overpowered simply because you only remember the times you died to someone using jackhammer.

And i only count the times i have died to the, in my view, overpowered-to-fk magrider.

Hell some guys in my squad managed to jack a magrider and basicly wooped so much ass with it, best tank in the game IMO - shame we had to ditch it because we cant buy ammo for it :(

P

[PS]Venom

Personally I do think a 1shot kill on infils with a jackhammer is a twee bit overpowered. I dread the sound of chainguns rattling around, although if you're careful you can get away with being winged once or twice. I've never been on the receiving end of a lasher, but the protectiles travel very slowly.

In summary:

Jackhammer wins vs not many targets at close range
Chaingun wins vs many targets at close range
Lasher wins vs stationary targets / groups at close range

None of the Heavy Assault weps are practical at anything longer than about the length of a spawn room, except maybe the Lasher, but the Lasher is very easy to see and dodge.

I think it's fairly balanced - although I would like to see the speed of the lasher upped slightly.

As for magriders, yes, they are a VERY good tank but their armour is very inferior to the Vanguard - having driven, gunned and reparied both. Never played with a prowler, but I believe it's not that great.

J

Jonaldo

Actually since I have moved from TR to NC I've discovered the most overpowered gun in the game is the TR Striker, I put MAX suit on to help offense, *WARNING- MISSILE LOCK* *WARNING- MISSILE LOCK* *WARNING- MISSILE LOCK* bang bang bang dead.

On foot with only agile armour you can survive a LOT longer against TR than if you got a MAX suit. And a least 50% of TR people have a Striker cert as they know how easy it is to use and how powerful it is.

G

Gekul

It is not balanced. You say the JH only owns at close range, which might be considered balanced if:

1)You were restricted to one weapon
2)VS/NCs empire specific weps owned at other ranges.

Neither is true.

D

Deadmanwalking

As has already been repeated... hmm alot of times they all have disadvantages and advantages. That goes for ALL weapons and empires. So unless you want to give a run down on EVERY weapon for all 3 empires can we stop the needless repetition.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Gef
retard.jpg

*sicks Damini on Gef*

Mwarhar...

And Mank... you start sounding like a "omg nurf!"-DAoC'er.
Scared?:D

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
As has already been repeated... hmm alot of times they all have disadvantages and advantages. That goes for ALL weapons and empires. So unless you want to give a run down on EVERY weapon for all 3 empires can we stop the needless repetition.

Surely then this post is needless repetition OMGS!

M

mank!

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
And Mank... you start sounding like a "omg nurf!"-DAoC'er.
Scared?:D

How dare you. Cunt.

M

mank!

I have razorblades and I'm off to lock myself in the bathroom, goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread