Rant "an iPad please" ... "sorry, you're banned"

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
If I remember rightly, the RISC version of Photoshop on the Power Mac was incredibly more nippy than Photoshop running on the Pentium platform (according to Apple's figures :rolleyes:, but it was one of their main selling points).

zoMG gaussian blur owns 0j00!!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
My understanding is that the first desktop publishing software was for the Mac because they used postscript to print accurately. A designer could make his piece, print out a proof in the office and would get pretty much the same thing as when it went off to a commercial printer.

Nowadays it's down to inertia and people sticking with what they're used to. There's no real difference in capability at the moment. My sister and I are both graphic designers but she prefers a mac and I prefer PC. I'd try and argue that's due to ignorance on her part but then it's hard to explain why she earns more than me :(

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I've always wondered if there is any truth to mac's being better when it comes to working with professional graphics works and especially music.

does anyone here have an inside on that ?

Maybe 10 odd years ago yes. I used to share a house with a graphic designer who swore by his Mac.

But since the advent of stuff like Photyshoppe, and with the dual/quad core for rendering, PC's are well on a par with Macs for gfx.

The problem lies in that people don't like change. Because Macs used to be the best for that, people still assume they still are.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The problem lies in that people don't like change. Because Macs used to be the best for that, people still assume they still are.

Mac also is a more hand holding apparatus. So if you're a new graphic artist, Mac will seem better because it's the kiddie pool.

Then t's easier to stick with it then change to REAL computers :p

Mac really is the metrosexual of the computers.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just so I understand correctly: the guy is whining because he's sharking iPads to make a profit from other people, Apple catch on and ban him?

yeah, thats what i thought to. tho he claims he didn't make that much profit but Apple cant really know that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

or they just really like to use their MAC's :)

however insane that suggestion actually is :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom