Rant "an iPad please" ... "sorry, you're banned"

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He should be pleased, they have saved him the hassle of buying something shit.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol I didn't care much for the article, but the comments...ye gods o_0

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Oh the comments are the best bit, it's like FH of old.

shut the fuck up you retarded faggot

Gets to the point I suppose.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Just so I understand correctly: the guy is whining because he's sharking iPads to make a profit from other people, Apple catch on and ban him?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Anyone else find any irony in the fact that Apple Stores have a "Genius Bar" for people with issues with their Macs, yet Macs are generally bought by people too fuckwitted to use a proper computer?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Just so I understand correctly: the guy is whining because he's sharking iPads to make a profit from other people, Apple catch on and ban him?

Correct, the only people allowed to shark Apple products for improved profit are ... Apple.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I love the whole apple vs flash thing as well.

In a rare public comment, Apple's public relations department responded Wednesday to criticisms from the project manager for Adobe Flash, suggesting his recent criticism of Apple was "backwards."

In a statement to CNet's DeepTech, Apple spokeswoman Trudy Miller fired back at Adobe's Mike Chambers, who revealed this week that his company was abandoning its investment in a feature that would allow Flash applications to be ported natively to the iPhone OS. Chambers also made comments suggesting that Apple's closed system was restrictive to developers -- an allegation that caught the ire of Apple.

"Someone has it backwards -- it is HTML5, CSS, JavaScript, and H.264 (all supported by the iPhone and iPad) that are open and standard, while Adobe's Flash is closed and proprietary," Apple's Miller said in the statement.

So wait - Apple are criticising someone else's product for being closed and proprietary? Because Apple is so OPEN.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've said it a million times, I'll say it again. You know when a mate has bought an Apple, he's the one who never fucking shuts up about it.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Apple stores really have a "Genius Bar" in the back??

I'm sorry, but how pretentiously named are those. Almost sounds like the name scientologists would use.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Would have htought they would welcome selling more iPads .. funneh

Chilly

Balls of steel
it's standard grey market protection. and he wasnt making a profit, he was shipping to mates on a forum, just like I might if I was a NY resident and some of you europlebs wanted an ipad.

old.user4556

Personally, I think they deserve each other.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
it's standard grey market protection. and he wasnt making a profit, he was shipping to mates on a forum, just like I might if I was a NY resident and some of you europlebs wanted an ipad.

Its not the fact that Apple stopped him making multiple orders, that's normal practice and would happen at somewhere like GAME with a new console launch; its the weird, Kafka-esque behaviour of the staff that is just typical Apple. If there's a limit, say so up front, don't be control-freak arseholes about it.

Its funny really, I'm exactly the kind of person who should be an Apple customer (early adopter, not particularly techie, don't mind paying a premium for good design etc.), but I can't stand Apple for two reasons; the people who buy them, and the people who sell them.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I used to know someone who worked at one of these 'Genius Bars'.
He was seriously up himself, so he fit in perfectly.

On the Adobe v Apple thing... Apple can't turn around and accuse Flash of being a close proprietary system when they sell closed proprietary systems themselves (Macs, iPhones, iPads etc).
Now Adobe is throwing it's weight behind Air on Android, expect an explosion in the number of apps ported by developers from iPhone to Android. It's also why Apple changed their T&Cs making it a no-go to port apps in or out of ITMS. They know that many developers are pissed off at Apple for changing the rules all the time and are trying to do all they can to bad-mouth Android.

PPCGeeks.com Android Market on track to surpass Apple App Store

old.user4556

I don't want to sound petty, childish or a fanboi - but by Christ I hope Apple get urinated on from a great height.

My next prediction is an Apple DSLR / P'n'S Camera. Think about it, they've got a significant foot in the software door with Aperture 3 and iPhoto.

Camera fanbois are bad enough, throw Apple in there and it'll be a bloodbath*

*satire

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
My next prediction is an Apple DSLR / P'n'S Camera. Think about it, they've got a significant foot in the software door with Aperture 3 and iPhoto.

Wait? you mean you dont remember the Apple QuickTake camera?

(only reason I remember it, is that we had to suffer the damn thing at our secondary school for ICT class)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Warning bell one rang when i read;

"Reasonable price...with a little left over for unexpected costs."

Ah well, continue on.

"I went on multiple visits to the Apple store, buying no more than 2 per day since I had heard there was a limit per person."

I take it that's the 2 per person, for a reason i'd assume.

"But the store recently went completely out of stock."

Yeap, thought so.

"But drats, reservations are limited to one per iTunes account. Luckily I have a second account so I used that to place the reservation. No sweat."

Such a stand-up fellow. Hope he doesn't get bummed by something like store policy(or other policies)

Anyway, he's banned for blatantly breaking rules. If you can't buy mroe then 2, you can't buy more then two. If you go around this and do buy more, you will get slapped.

Being "outraged" by getting caught is not a valid reason.

About the i-stuff being popular, how many supported and praised the Mac when it came out, yet now suddenly are on anti-apple wagon? :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I got my Dell 24" monitor by joining a group of people to place a mass order with Dell. At the time, the monitor RRP'd at 831 euros, and because some 80 were ordered by a private person, we were able to get them for a shade over 500e each.

I'm not commenting on the practices of the person involved. He's clearly not placing an order in bulk. On the other hand, Apple seem to have a very unclear way of enforcing their policies.

old.user4556

About the i-stuff being popular, how many supported and praised the Mac when it came out, yet now suddenly are on anti-apple wagon? :p

I went to an Apple conference in Scotland at a local posh hotel / country club when I was about 19/20 when they were sucking each other's dicks over how amazing and revolutionary the first iMac was. It had no floppy drive and no facility for ISDN (everyone wanted better pings and more bandwidth).

I asked them at their Q & A (words to this effect):

"with ISDN becoming an ever more popular technology for internet connectivity, how would one be able to connect the new iMac considering it's fully integrated approach?"

they said:

"sorry we can't comment on other companies' technology, next question please?"

I can only presume they meant ISDN and not the iMac :p, but I had many people nodding in the crowd as they glossed over my question and onto the next.

So, I have always been on the Apple hating bandwagon from a corporation perspective, but that's not stopped me thinking that some of their tech was quite sexy.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't hate them particularly, I don't really feel anything but "meh" about them. They sell nice shiny toys that do exactly what it says on the tin, to people who just want a nice shiny toy that does what it says on the tin.

Its a bit like buying a car, some would rather have a Korean car that goes and stops, while others would rather have something a bit more interesting, that does a lot more. The difference for some odd reason is that Apple's Korean car is more expensive than it should be.

old.user4556

... not to mention the unjust conceited snobbery of those that buy Apple products.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The korean car you speak of Tom would cost 30-40% more than other similar cars and you would only be able to upgrade it using official products as no generic devices would work in it due to the company being twatbags and deliberately designing it to do so.

It would also have a small userbase of deluded fools who believe them to be the best cars in the world.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I've always wondered if there is any truth to mac's being better when it comes to working with professional graphics works and especially music.

does anyone here have an inside on that ?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Can't say about art, but for music the tools available for PC are at least as good as any available for the Mac despite what fervant Mac adherants may say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom