Sport American Football

Lethul

FH is my second home
I actually had a discussion like this yesterday , and I think we concluded that American sports are more a "spectacle" and less a "sport". I'm not gonna go in to a debate of which is best but as a sport FAN I have to say I don't like the soulless none atmospheric American sports. But sure, if you got 4 hours to spare and want something to watch while you eat hot dogs and sit totally still in a zerg of people who generally don't care at all whats going on on the field. Then American "sports" are for you :p

So as usual, personal preferences.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Depends on the teams tbh. I think its easier for American Football to be an awesome game at 0 - 0 while a good touch down pass is good a decent defensive stop is just as good.

For me Football is more interesting that American Football but ESPN American coverage of NCAAF is good if you wait for the day after as they show the games with all the breaks of play ect removed so much smoother. C4 NFL coverage is shocking SKY is better but it makes me laugh when the Yanks hand back over to the Yank studio and the SKY guys really where not ready :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Ravens @ Patriots tonight! Can't wait eventho Pats are without Wes Welker :(

Should be a good game

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
that annoys me

it's Pats vs Ravens not Ravens vs Pats

CorNokZ

It's not versus..

It's the Ravens playing AT the Patriots

Ezteq

Queen of OT
...I don't like the soulless none atmospheric American sports. But sure, if you got 4 hours to spare and want something to watch while you eat hot dogs and sit totally still in a zerg of people who generally don't care at all whats going on....

See I thought that americans went nuts over their local teams, I knew a bloke who coached soccer in alabama and he said the whole population would turn up to support a school game. Over here we just don't get the community thing like that, but maybe it's just the old chestnut of the grass looking greener?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I have to say I don't like the soulless none atmospheric American sports. But sure,
if you got 4 hours to spare and want something to watch while you eat hot dogs and sit totally still in a zerg of people
who generally don't care at all whats going on on the field. Then American "sports" are for you :p

So as usual, personal preferences.

That would be baseball,
I'd hardly say that what you describe fits the general atmosphere at an NFL game.
eccept for one thing, they definatly are more relaxed about the whole deal. sports
in the States "appart from price" is still very much a family thing.

the same can hardly often be said of football in Europe,
I used to love going to see AGF's games, but these days I simply cba.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Packers are gone :( gutted, Rodgers did superb considering it's his first season in the play offs, but hegave away alot of big plays!!!!

I'll put my Viking hat on now out of respect for the big man Favre!!!!! Although Brees has been a fooking legend this season, I fancy the Chargers to shock a few people also, Rivers is having a cracking year.

CorNokZ

I'll be rooting for Ravens now that they kicked Pats out :( Their defence was insane, whilst Brady had the worst 1st quarter of his career..

Chargers can't shock anymore than they already have and could easily go on and win it all in the end. Jets ain't got a chance against Chargers! Ravens' D will play against Manning as they did against Brady I believe they have a good shot at the AFC title and even the Superbowl imo.

In the NFC it another story and it can go either way in both games. I think Brees has hit his high and is on the down sloap now while DAT.BIRD's offence is looking fierce atm! Seeing Romo this weekend brushing off all play-off jitters the Cowboys have had the past 14 years, I think it is, and stepping up to actually focusing on playing football and not golf will make it a great game against The Vikes. I do think, as Brees, that Favre already hit his high of the season while Romo is just about peaking now

Will be 4 good games without a doubt

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I would call football the more stressful than entertaining.

If it's your team playing you are shittin yourself everytime the ball is near
your goal and if you are a goal down near the end you are shiitin
it everytime the ball gets near their net.

The 'entertainment' of football is the possibilty of a winning goal at
any moment.

American football is entirely built around advertising, it was on it's knees as a sport because it was so boring, so they chopped it up into those time segments to fit around ad breaks and it took off.

The worlds most stupid sport is basketball, they seriously need to raise the nets.

Marc

FH is my second home
Gutted that the pats lost.

That said, a lot of our starting players are rookies, so with a season or 2 under their belts they will be a lot better.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
ravens vs colts will be very interesting... i have my hopes that saints will go all the way but i think cowboys got some good confidence now with the latest wins... id guess colts vs saints at superbowl

Actually... all of next round will be exciting!

goooo saints! :clap:

CorNokZ

Saints? Here's your regular Saints fans:

Rednecks shooting heavy firearms while drinking

YouTube- T.V. shot to death after Saints beat the Redskins 33-30 in OT.

Can't stand the bandwagon fagging bastards who jumped on after Katrina

Also the Unknown WHO DAT Saints fan:

unknownwhodat.jpg

YouTube- The Unknown Who Dat's First Live Interview

Lethul

FH is my second home
The worlds most stupid sport is basketball, they seriously need to raise the nets.

And Handball (is it called that in English?), in general I don't like sports where the winner is decided by who fails to score less rather than who scores most (if you get my drift!)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
And Handball (is it called that in English?), in general I don't like sports where the winner is decided by who fails to score less rather than who scores most (if you get my drift!)

Right hold on,

I'll just run off and smoke some weed, do a line of coke, and top it off with a thai milkshake,

and I'm confident that'll make sense by then :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Right hold on,

I'll just run off and smoke some weed, do a line of coke, and top it off with a thai milkshake,

and I'm confident that'll make sense by then :p

Hehe, I mean. I don't like sports where almost every attack results in a goal/point. I.e. Basket 96-89 or Handball 35-33 scores :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
on the subject of college football, has anyone seen the TV Series Friday Night Lights?

just happened across the pilot and 1st series on BT On Demand, its about a ficticious Texan college football team, what ive seen so far is pretty good.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah its not a bad show and Lila is a stunner ;)

CorNokZ

Shut it bandwagon

And the Ravens will rape Colts

CorNokZ

What I am on about is that Ravens' defense will stop Joseph Addai and completly lock Manning's throws down

Colts will not be able to stop the Ravens' running game. And by running run games they'll control the clock and keep Manning on the bench and while he's out there he's not throwing any TDs

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Not that part,

however,
seems to me, colts are doing just fine.
and strongly dout ravens can pull another insane quater out of thier hat
would be nice if they did though, as I'm not particulary found of colts by
any stretch of the word.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Colts are like that preaty girl, that just dosent do it for you.
you can see she's hot, but she just lacks that spark in her eye,
just to polished, too propper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom