AMD Vs Intel

What server type and faction do you plan to use on retail?

• Total voters
T

throdgrain

As a salesman myself I can assure you the only thing important is what people will pay for a product. If I buy a motorbike extra cheap for some lucky reason do I make the retail price cheap to match ?
Do I bollocks ;)

F

FuZor

Yep, So if people are smart and wait to buy things we all win :)

S

Skyler

Originally posted by Kez
You're what salesmen term a mug.

Not a mug.

You can end up waiting forever for the right bargain in the computer industry, as time goes by the prices decrease. But as time goes by the thing you wanted becomes less desirable. There is no "good" time to buy a computer, so you may as well just buy the bloody thing and get it over with. I waited a while myself for something relatively l33t to come out. The Athlon had just been released and it was miles better than anything else, plus the GeForce 256 was just out with DDR memory it knackered anything else on the market as well. Plus ram prices were very cheap, so it made sense to buy at that time.

I could of course of waited another 6 months for the Coppermine, and waited for the GF2, or I could of waited for the Thunderbird... etc.... Or I could still be waiting now for the "bargain" ???

I think it made sense to buy what I did when I did, its lasted me almost 3 years, so the price is justified most definately.

T

Testin da Cable

powerpc's own j00 all. pauper skivs* :p

*may not be taken seriously

T

Testin da Cable

aha, but the powerpc you mean != the powerpc I mean ;))

W

Will

5200.jpg

Probably not.

X

Xavier

Originally posted by SomeGuy

Eh? Where did you hear that? They're named XP purely to cash in on the Windows XP buying rush, that's all.
There are supposedly some tweaks AMD included so they can say things like 'optimised for Windows XP' but they're nothing more than marketting gimmicks.

Win2K will run just as well.

NOT true

Athlon XP and P4 Northwoods are only supported natively by Windows XP, the move from Tbird->AthXP and P4->Northy is more than a Mhz change, the other OS's will run with these chips but both Intel and AMD state the CPUs are most suited to the XP Architecture/HAL.

The benchmarks we've done sofar show an average 5% lead for XP over 2K with these chips, when we see code based on their new architecture and features that margin should be fivefold greater...

It's not like you guys BUY your OS's anyhow, sure a few of u get a license when you buy a complete box from evesham but I'm sure the DevilsOwn ISO has made it's way onto the majority of XP machines currently in use ;) rofl

Users who are viewing this thread