AMD Ryzen infos.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I guess we'll see a lot more info/leaks over the next few weeks.

From this info that R5 1600x/Pro looks like it might be the tasty consumer cpu.

wq7rmskawbfy.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And these are supposed to be the range of stock coolers.

XSX42gD.png

Stock, as in, in the box with the CPU. There's a (very strong) suggestion that they even have RGB lighting.

02cf072e287844df9fd598e9293ae61a

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Genuine competition for Intel has been lacking for years, it will only be a good thing for the consumer if AMD finally manages to deliver a decent CPU range.

These are supposed prices that were leaked on a Chinese site. It makes the AMD offerings look very attractive against Intel's.

ADskbDx.png

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
looking very nice there. however these days published numbers can mean anything -.-

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
also, if you scroll quickly the OPN codes in the first image seem to spell BUKKAKE. something @Scouse is in to...I've...been...told :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Only on the receiving end.

So, these cpu's. Why the spoogefest if there's not a single benchmark?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Genuine competition for Intel has been lacking for years, it will only be a good thing for the consumer if AMD finally manages to deliver a decent CPU range.

These are supposed prices that were leaked on a Chinese site. It makes the AMD offerings look very attractive against Intel's.

ADskbDx.png

Sorry but when you have more than just a spreadsheet, perhaps some independent benchmarks then I might just show more interest.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Obviously benchmarks wont be available yet.

However, once again they appear to be aiming at current tech but under cutting pricing. Won't the next gen of Intels be out around when these launch? Excellent placement for budget (I don't think I will be spending £1500 on my next build, like I did last time) so these might suit, not exactly a tech breakthrough though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
My last build was AMD - went for a Phenom X2 550 BE about 6 years ago (may have been longer, don't really remember), and it still copes with what I throw at it. Obvious disclaimer being that it doesn't get used for games, but handles VM's, DVD Ripping, Audio Encoding etc fine.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Obviously benchmarks wont be available yet.

However, once again they appear to be aiming at current tech but under cutting pricing. Won't the next gen of Intels be out around when these launch? Excellent placement for budget (I don't think I will be spending £1500 on my next build, like I did last time) so these might suit, not exactly a tech breakthrough though.

No, next gen intels ain't out for a while.
To be honest intel havn't really done much beyond getting smaller since about 2006.
We've gone from 65nm to 14nm over their various releases which have had small generational optimizations in design but most of the improvement has been from power/temp of getting smaller, allowing them to increase clock speed without overheating to meet the 95W TDP on their high end i7s.

The next intel processors are coffee lake - another optimization on 14nm, they might up the clock speeds or add some optimizations they were sandbagging to fuck with amd some more though, but given how little kaby lake offers over skylake I'm not expecting much. Coffee Lake isn't due until Q3/Q4 this year.

AMDs main problem has been lacking a hyperthreading equivalent and lacking similar instructions/clock ( IPC ) compared to intel.
Ryzen adds amds HT equivalent and should bring IPC close to intel ( say 5% less than kaby lake, for 40% less cost? ).

If IPC performance is even close to intel, then we're going to see a big price reduction in consumer and workstation level cpus - good news for everyone regardless of brand.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
When are the AMD's out? I was going to upgrade anyway for when Camelot Unchained came out, not sure when either are coming out though!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
When are the AMD's out? I was going to upgrade anyway for when Camelot Unchained came out, not sure when either are coming out though!

"Early March" is the official date so far.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Should see some benchmarks popping up for them soon then I guess.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Synthetic benchmarks don't really tell you that much. Real-world application and game benchmarks are what's needed. They may have lots of threads but for almost all software have faster but few cores is better.

Everything I've seen/read so far seem to suggest it'll be the same old AMD story. Good low-end / medium level chips for an affordable price but for pure performance Intel will still win (for a huge price penalty).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Plenty of bullshit going to be going on among amd/intel fanboys and sites trying to put out articles for clicks, just ignore the bullshit and wait for real pricing and real benchmarks in real world applications instead of buying into any of the BS.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Interesting... those benchmarks won't be 100% accurate but it certainly draws a picture at least.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Benchmarks have their place but shouldnt be the final marker, the problem with games often being that they are heavily optimized in one direction or the other, at least with an independent synthetic benchmark it runs the same thing the same way, thus allowing comparisons

The single core numbers in the leak are highly suspect however as the comments pointed out they are simply total divided by number of cores

ECA

I am a FH squatter
NDA on tech reviews for the R7 lifts on feb 28th.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
My X3 720 BE based beast is still rocking, it is now serving my mum for facebook and silly grandma games.

Had the chip unlocked for 4 cores too, pushed beyond 4ghz for years.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Some more reputable-looking benchmarks of the 1600X have appeared...

SfFIl57.jpg

4G8zvTS.jpg

Compared to the i7-6700K:
QLkodQx.png

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just seen that, fucking mental... AMD might actually pull ahead of Intel for once (at least until the new intel cpu's arrive) huge leap for AMD though to be sure.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Thats at 3.45ghz w/o boost it looks like as well.
Also doesn't show what motherboard/bios/ram setup its using either.

Sigh.

11 more days until nda lifted and we know or not.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yarp, hopefully they are decent though because i'm tired of paying through the nose for intels.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
pretty sure intel have about 10 years of R&D kept away in a dark room somewhere just incase one day AMD does release something decent.

My guess is. As soon as AMD release this, Intel will all of a sudden pluck something out of the air which is "years" ahead on today's tech. They've been milking everyone for too long not too.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
pretty sure intel have about 10 years of R&D kept away in a dark room somewhere just incase one day AMD does release something decent.

My guess is. As soon as AMD release this, Intel will all of a sudden pluck something out of the air which is "years" ahead on today's tech. They've been milking everyone for too long not too.

That's pretty much a given, Intel will always be ahead imo, still nice that AMD are pushing 'decent' Cpu's at more affordable prices though, they're arguably doing more for the PC world than Intel are.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As a late added, the way I see this cpu's (not in terms of power) but more in terms of advancement is when;

the AMD 8350
the intel 2600

etc came out, seems the same sorta route, so either way I think these AMD cpu's will be a super solid purchase (likely last a good 4+ years) unless you can afford to piss away hundreds more on a top end Intel.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Coffee Lake ( due q3 ) is a further refresh over kaby lake and allegedly is a 10-15% IPC improvement. ie "oh amd you thought you caught up lol m8s", as well as the i3 k for overclocking, the i5 with hyperthreading and the 7740k at the high end.

Tons of discounts on intel as well on us sites, less over here.

Cheapest I've seen so far is 7700k down to £320.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom