Albs

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Bubble said:
Sorry boss :(
Must be quiet noisy having a multitude of gloating people around you ^^
Nonono! YOU (the Evil Genius) can gloat with them around, they, however, do no gloating since they're minions and haven't progressed that far into Evil Geniuship!

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:
Because winning is more fun the losing.

This is the answer to all the whine threads that ever appear on this board ever :p

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:
Seriously all this talk about realmspirit etc is pure bs. Before NF albs didnt rvr much when Mid was totally dominating.

Now Albs have the advantage in NF and all the sudden its fun to rvr again. Why ? Because winning is more fun the losing.

Thats the "new realmspirit".

What do you think its like to be on the losing side all the time then?

A bashed confidence leads to pressing confirm on the cancel subs page. :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Why teh fuck dont you stop teh zerging yourself then Boneass xD

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Can replace it with another proc obviously and tbh hitting with a crusher on a bard makes it worthwhile IMO. Or on a healer/shaman etc.

And the guard comment.. Rarely see peeps do guard nowadays; for a very few exceptions. Reaver can however interrupt the one being guarded effectively and if there's an assist-train with the reaver he can most likely pull of a slam on the hero/warrior in his back.

Only active warrior i think is Foadon who doesnt guard I think (he's mostly hitting stuff ?) mostly bodyguard; where all tanks have the 'same' problem.

slamming a def tank like that is pretty much impossible, if it knows what its doing :| and indeed it is sad seeing no one use guard anymore..

Anyhow my point is, you're saying that reavers are OP'd, can slam, deal "insane" damage, live for long etc etc.. You really need to play one to understand how they work.

Counting in all the missing and getting avoided, they barely reach 50% of a similar RR/equipped dualwield tank's damage. They can slam yes, but thats a real bitch to land on anything, especially with only 42 shield spec, most DW tanks have positional/chain stuns anyway, which might not be anytime but are a LOT easier to land thanks to ~2% missrate and much lower end usage.

Interrupting is what reavers do good, thats what they're designed to be, annoying.

Reavers have up to 400-600 less hp than light/heavy tanks and thus cannot stand much nuking, which makes being an offensive tank even harder.. add in the lack of Charge and you'll start seeing why reavers are nowhere near op'd without their little bombtoy :|

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Well, aod was running with reaver *cough* me *cough* before nf, for ML stuffs, interrupt, and a bit dmg. Tho I wasn't miss that much, that was really rare, dunno wots happened, mebbe it's only in my imaginations, or I am getting gimped -p.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
reavers do easily ~80% light tanks dmg, dont only compare melee, gather procs and sc lines nukes etc.
if reaver did same melee dmg? what point there is for light tank after that?
light tanks is only melee dealer, not hybrid like reaver.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Voltage said:
This is the answer to all the whine threads that ever appear on this board ever :p

Yus; but whining about it and letting everyone else know (whether they care or not is irrelevant ofc!) is > losing alone.

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
reavers do easily ~80% light tanks dmg, dont only compare melee, gather procs and sc lines nukes etc.
if reaver did same melee dmg? what point there is for light tank after that?
light tanks is only melee dealer, not hybrid like reaver.

I guess you've never met a real light tank then ^_^

Ketinna

Fledgling Freddie
saitoh said:
179 baseline lifetap? what about sm's lifetap ?
charm restrictions removed? NERF IT ASAP
mezz reduce shield is nice :)
group demezz chant...does shit, noone uses it... ffs
debuffes made instant.. get a grip m8 all the stat debuff in 3 realms are instat
dd+snare in matter line JUST ROFL , thnk god for u im not respecing to matter then ?

so you were overpowered when rolling sorce or what are you saying?
since these are the changes done to a sorce since the start of daoc :/

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:
Seriously all this talk about realmspirit etc is pure bs. Before NF albs didnt rvr much when Mid was totally dominating.

Now Albs have the advantage in NF and all the sudden its fun to rvr again. Why ? Because winning is more fun the losing.

Thats the "new realmspirit".

Ok, what is then? Mids owned emain with lot's of ppl and good groups. Where are they now? Don't tell me the whole realm left the game and you don't stay a chance cause we have so overpowered classes. And why do Hibs that good? It mostly starts with a small amount of ppl taking a tower. With such a meeting point they become more and more (realmspirit?) and go for a keep. Here Hibs start by running to towers when they are under attack. I think most Mids don't care, they want arpees, tons of arpees, not 4 ppl who try to take a tower. Albs can start like this, Hibs can do it and I have seen Mids doing it too. But mostly they don't, they sit here and whine like Albs in OF instead of doing something. Albs did well in OF when they got some ppl together. But most of the time they did not. Mids told us to QQ more and crap. Now it's Mid QQ time :kissit: .

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Tuppe said:
reavers do easily ~80% light tanks dmg

With levi maybe but not anything else though a bm/zerk/merc will outhit the reaver pretty much with banespike also would if it had high mastery of pain/aug str by quite a margin.Simply because of the weaponskill difference.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
p0x said:
Counting in all the missing and getting avoided, they barely reach 50% of a similar RR/equipped dualwield tank's damage.

So a reaver kills my druid in twice the time it takes for a berserker? Or BM/merc? Doubt it to be honest. :O

They can slam yes, but thats a real bitch to land on anything, especially with only 42 shield spec, most DW tanks have positional/chain stuns anyway,

Where's the merc his positional stun? Or the berserker? Berserk has 2nd in evade (requires target to attack you) with comeback-->frosty gaze. Merc has anytime IF they spec crush; if they are not crush they dont have any positional stun either; only from parry (DW) or evade (DRAGONFAAAAAAAANG)

Reavers have up to 400-600 less hp than light/heavy tanks and thus cannot stand much nuking, which makes being an offensive tank even harder.. add in the lack of Charge and you'll start seeing why reavers are nowhere near op'd without their little bombtoy :|

They can insta interrupt from range easily reducing 1 nuke; which is about the 400-600 nowadays xD They can also lifetap abit of health back :O

I see your points p0x; but you're still comparing a hybrid with a pure light-tank. Ofcourse there's a difference; if there wasnt then why play a lighttank if u can play a tank with a shield too o_O

But compare the reaver with *ANY* other shield-tank and you see the difference (hopefully). And I seriously doubt if ya start comparing back-positionals your BM does twice the damage of a RR10 reaver. Or when u feel the bomb pain (every 10 mins?).

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
With levi maybe but not anything else though a bm/zerk/merc will outhit the reaver pretty much with banespike also would if it had high mastery of pain/aug str by quite a margin.Simply because of the weaponskill difference.

Reavers can get Banespike too and can get MoPain / aug str too.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
They do not hit much harder with banespike though since they can't cap on high af targets due to the weaponskill, a zerk will kill a druid twice as quick as any reaver if it's good enough and uses vendo.Also mastery of pain going to benefit the light tank more since it's damage will be higher, aug str will too due to the hybrid compared to pure tank/light tank weaponskill table.(fighter classes)

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
So a reaver kills my druid in twice the time it takes for a berserker? Or BM/merc? Doubt it to be honest. :O

Where's the merc his positional stun? Or the berserker? Berserk has 2nd in evade (requires target to attack you) with comeback-->frosty gaze. Merc has anytime IF they spec crush; if they are not crush they dont have any positional stun either; only from parry (DW) or evade (DRAGONFAAAAAAAANG)

They can insta interrupt from range easily reducing 1 nuke; which is about the 400-600 nowadays xD They can also lifetap abit of health back :O

I see your points p0x; but you're still comparing a hybrid with a pure light-tank. Ofcourse there's a difference; if there wasnt then why play a lighttank if u can play a tank with a shield too o_O

But compare the reaver with *ANY* other shield-tank and you see the difference (hopefully). And I seriously doubt if ya start comparing back-positionals your BM does twice the damage of a RR10 reaver. Or when u feel the bomb pain (every 10 mins?).

You just dont quite get it. Reaver has _potential_ to do a lot of damage, if everything goes right. Slam hits on the first try, target isn't stun immune or doesn't purge, all levis hit and dont get resisted.
Now compare to a light tank: when ToA'd you barely ever miss, can keep up with your target easily with Charge3 if you cannot get a stun or snare in, deal a crapload of damage from any angle.

Notice I said _most_ light tanks :| all blademasters have the sidestun, crush mercs have their anytimechain stun. Zerkers are a bit shafted when it comes to style effects, but Vendo kinda makes up for it I'd say :|

And again, I'm just replying to the "reavers are op'd even without bomb" -whine in this thread. Being able to lifetap for ~100hp is quite unnoticable unless we're talking about duels.. You cannot compare reavers to other shield tanks, cause they're far more defence focused, reavers cannot spec more than 42 shield and most of the time go banelord, which makes them quite a crappy def tank :|

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Why teh fuck dont you stop teh zerging yourself then Boneass xD

I only use Animist for keep defending in Hibland nowadays. Cant remember the last time i went to alb or mid with him. Animist is only fotm when we have a keep to defend or take.

I can never get regular rvr with Ani. :touch:

Brite

Banned
Zebolt said:
Yes I mean one specline of the class is overpowered and that makes the class over powered. If not every fotm class could spec lame and call them selves a gimped class. And then no classes are overpowered but instead all classes are underpowered.

And no I don't only mean 1v1. TWF, Negative Maelstrom and Banespike, add healing pets, lifetap, allure of death to that and it makes them neat in zergs aswell as grp battles :>

Oh yeh Zebolt Mr Expert on bonedancers, zebolt you dont know shit

yeh we are handy in zergs..... it takes minimum half a power bar to kill somthing and thats if it doesnt get healed, we blow our power so fast i use a full bag of pots a day, and all those fantasical RAs that we seem to have, yeh sure they would be nice after we get the power management RAs that are loads more costly now in NF and after the damage RAs to get our gimp damage up so we have a chance to kill somthing, im not saying we are totaly gimp but your just being blinded by just wanting to nerf us beacuse we have an instant interupt at 1500 range

My lifetap does 350 damage without resists with MoM3 and 9% damage and baseline nuke does 400-500 before resists

Now Factor in the usual 26% resists and thats 260 tap and 300-380 nuke, Healer pets are also very situaltional, now our usualy nuked in 2 bolt by the "i need utility" :wanker: wizards, stunned and nuked any decent stealther has no problem soloing us and any duo that cant should delete and well the ones that cant in more than duo :m00:

give the darkness line some damage and id spec it straight away, ive tried darkness its a joke usless pets and resists on the snare nuke are silly, like a supp runie without the pbt and the nearsight

tbh i dont think we are overpowered one on one anymore beacuse with ToA gave us a big blow increasing all classes damage with speed and damage and only one inrease to our lifetap and this meant we couldnt interupt as much and now NF has given more damage and RAs that make us more easily defeated

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet, take your reaver to lvl 50/rr5+ and RvR with it versus decent groups, then come back and argue for it imo. 0o

And Brite.....hmmm.....yeah... :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Bone_Idle said:
I only use Animist for keep defending in Hibland nowadays. Cant remember the last time i went to alb or mid with him. Animist is only fotm when we have a keep to defend or take.

I can never get regular rvr with Ani. :touch:

That post wasnt directed to you =P

Path

Fledgling Freddie
p0x said:
Erm, a bonedancer whining about overpowered classes, a mid whining about camping bridges, a mid whining about stealthzergs and a person who cant spell "boring"...

Quite a collection.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
These threads are a bit silly, because we probably all feel more or less the same on the underlying issue:

- People rolling a class because they heard it owns ... a bit lame
- People moving to Alb because they want it easy ... a bit lame
- People who play a fotm class before it became fotm ... fair enough
- People who rolled Alb because they like wearing buckets or being effeminate casters without the excuse of Elvishness ... fair enough though a bit creepy

Even the things we think are a bit lame are understandable, since someone who actively wants hard life is in need of psychiatric help.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:

yeh we are handy in zergs..... it takes minimum half a power bar to kill somthing and thats if it doesnt get healed, we blow our power so fast i use a full bag of pots a day, and all those fantasical RAs that we seem to have, yeh sure they would be nice after we get the power management RAs that are loads more costly now in NF and after the damage RAs to get our gimp damage up so we have a chance to kill somthing, im not saying we are totaly gimp but your just being blinded by just wanting to nerf us beacuse we have an instant interupt at 1500 range

My lifetap does 350 damage without resists with MoM3 and 9% damage and baseline nuke does 400-500 before resists

Now Factor in the usual 26% resists and thats 260 tap and 300-380 nuke, Healer pets are also very situaltional, now our usualy nuked in 2 bolt by the "i need utility" :wanker: wizards, stunned and nuked any decent stealther has no problem soloing us and any duo that cant should delete and well the ones that cant in more than duo :m00:

give the darkness line some damage and id spec it straight away, ive tried darkness its a joke usless pets and resists on the snare nuke are silly, like a supp runie without the pbt and the nearsight

tbh i dont think we are overpowered one on one anymore beacuse with ToA gave us a big blow increasing all classes damage with speed and damage and only one inrease to our lifetap and this meant we couldnt interupt as much and now NF has given more damage and RAs that make us more easily defeated

Ok look mr. Quick'n'Brite, to be perfectly honest, you are playing one of the most overpowered DaoC characters. You have healing pets as well as a normal pet which like styles, snares and does nasty shit. Not only that, but Mythic have given you an insta lifetap on a 4 second timer that not only does good damage and provides additional healing to your healers, but will completely interrupt anyone from casting. Your nukes arent the best, but they are still okay with ToA, resist pierce and such. You also got single root. As well as that you got access to the best ML path, and one of the best RR5 RA's as well as access to Thorn Weed Field which simply rocks as well.

You think it sucks to meet Albs because they outnumber you and render you chanceless. For most Albs it sucks to meet you except when they outnumber you because your abilities, if used, render them completely chanceless.

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Ok look mr. Quick'n'Brite, to be perfectly honest, you are playing one of the most overpowered DaoC characters.
Ehm no... that would be mincer, sorc, theurg, cabby and reaver.

You have healing pets as well as a normal pet which like styles, snares and does nasty shit. Not only that, but Mythic have given you an insta lifetap on a 4 second timer that not only does good damage and provides additional healing to your healers, but will completely interrupt anyone from casting.
The lifetap doesnt heal pets. And necro lifetap has less recast time then BD.
AND its nothing compared to the 90% cabby spec lifetap in damage/heal.

Your nukes arent the best, but they are still okay with ToA, resist pierce and such. You also got single root. As well as that you got access to the best ML path, and one of the best RR5 RA's as well as access to Thorn Weed Field which simply rocks as well.
Uhm, BD RR5 RA sucks monkeyballs. It turns yourself for a small time in ... a skeleton.. WAW MEIGHT, LOOK, I'M A SKELETON!!!1 Nothing like pbaoe lifetap is it? :p

You think it sucks to meet Albs because they outnumber you and render you chanceless. For most Albs it sucks to meet you except when they outnumber you because your abilities, if used, render them completely chanceless.
Ow ye, if 2+ infil/mincer/ns jump you, and stun(style) you, you really can do alot... not..

Shows again how much Ilum ze n00b knows about mid classes, gg!

And fyi: an alb told me he's sure all or almost all mids got a lvl 50 BD in fotmspec ready to cast TWF so we shouldnt cry. RRRRrrrrright. oO

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
No really, this is going too far, I have to stop reading anything posted by a mid soon, the whining about how horrible everything is for them is not only pathetic, it's also getting really damn boring.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:

Oh yeh Brite Mr Expert on DAoC chars, Brite you dont know shit :rolleyes:

You say you are "handy" in zergs, but yet you wield the two of best ability ever made by Mythic against zergs.

If you need to use one half of your powerbar to kill one person I'm amazed that you are RR7. And to say that you blow a 10 pots every day, whats that? 10 pots is nothing ^^

I haven't mentioned in any of my posts that I want BD's to be nerfed, have I? Yet you are so frightened of it every time someone mention the BD in a way to describe them as good.

You say your nukes ain't good enough? Well face this, you got the exact same nukes as SM's and I don't see them whining about dmg, since they know they got other things that are good that they don't deserve to have the best dmg nuking class.

You have a pet that can style, I've seen a juggernaughted BD pet do a styled double hit for 1400 dmg. Yes I know thats a rare sight but at least you got a pet that can interupt. You got two healers that can heal you and ofc they can't keep you alive against another caster since they aren't as good as the healer class which barely can at times.

And to even complain about the dmg on an instant lifetap is just silly xD

I started to compare my class to yours but I got to depressed so I stopped :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
bashir said:
Ehm no... that would be mincer, sorc, theurg, cabby and reaver.
yes, they are powerfull classes but in the line of BD's they are close but not as good.

bashir said:
The lifetap doesnt heal pets. And necro lifetap has less recast time then BD. AND its nothing compared to the 90% cabby spec lifetap in damage/heal.
Mind you that the cabby spec lifetap is not instant and SM got it too ^^
And necro... lol they are not even close to being OP in RvR xD

bashir said:
Uhm, BD RR5 RA sucks monkeyballs. It turns yourself for a small time in ... a skeleton.. WAW MEIGHT, LOOK, I'M A SKELETON!!!1 Nothing like pbaoe lifetap is it? :p
Ever read the part about 75% MORE RESISTANT TO ALL FORMS OF CC AND NS? :rolleyes:

bashir said:
Ofc albs over react when it comes to enemy classes just as we do. But he sure is on the right track here :>

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Derric said:
No really, this is going too far, I have to stop reading anything posted by a mid soon, the whining about how horrible everything is for them is not only pathetic, it's also getting really damn boring.
Here I've spent loads of saying the opposite and what do I get in return :(

xDDD

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
bashir said:
Ehm no... that would be mincer, sorc, theurg, cabby and reaver. The lifetap doesnt heal pets. And necro lifetap has less recast time then BD. AND its nothing compared to the 90% cabby spec lifetap in damage/heal. Uhm, BD RR5 RA sucks monkeyballs. It turns yourself for a small time in ... a skeleton.. WAW MEIGHT, LOOK, I'M A SKELETON!!!1 Nothing like pbaoe lifetap is it? :p

Ow ye, if 2+ infil/mincer/ns jump you, and stun(style) you, you really can do alot... not..

And fyi: an alb told me he's sure all or almost all mids got a lvl 50 BD in fotmspec ready to cast TWF so we shouldnt cry. RRRRrrrrright. oO

I meant the lifetap provides additional healing to the healing that the pets provide...Neither of these is given to any other class, and it's quite handy you must admit? The RR5 RA also makes you 75% or 90% chance to resist all CC and nearsight spell?

The Cabalist spec lifedrain is not an insta. Can't really compare it. It's the same as Dark SM's basically.

OMG! a class that cant do shit if 2 stealthers jump you! Even so, a Bonedancer has looooads more countermeasures to stealthers than your average class.

löls m8 tbh :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom