Albs Not finsihed

S

Sping

Originally posted by Kraben
so is it fun to make a morning raid to meet little to zero resistance? Just curious..

It's more fun than not being able to move during a primetime raid. If I have to do one of the two, I know which one I'd choose. :)

O

old.Tyraette

to give it the full quote,

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but make sure you hit the bastards first.

Regarding the whole thing in general though, I dont think Albs are as bad as mids make out sometimes, and I dont think mids are as bad as albs make out...er...all the time :p

I dont think we're as infested with spies and shit as people would have you believe, and to be honest with you, knowing and having spoken with the likes of Laird, Liste, Roo, Durgi during various stints in both realms *dont even think of pointing the finger at me here btw ;)* I personally cant see how ANY of those mentioned would act on information received prior to a raid.

Indeed, I can remember examples where Unity has known of such events in advance and done nothing until we've heard about it, and I remember hearing of Durgi and/or Roo saying the same things on here when theyve known about it.

Id be more concerned about tightening up at our own ends to be honest. One thing I have noticed is that as well as making sure those who dont need to know dont know, is making sure those who DO need to know do!

I remember one example where Durgi came on here to inform the community as a whole that they had been aware of a spying issue in nemesis, and although i *think* he was an officer, they booted him and rightnowed his arse. Thats the kind of attitude that is both appreciated and to some extent expected.

The other main issue seems to be daftness on irc or whatever at the actual time of the raid itself rather than before hand, which I guess is inevitable. Dont really know what can be done to sort that. Thankfully however when it does happen, it comes on here and is criticised by ALL sides, which is encouraging. Again, just one of those things I guess.

With the whole early morning/late night raids, personally I dont like them, but can see that the current situation in alb basically leaves us with no real option for success. Sucks but thats the way it seems to go until we get ourselves sorted out. At the moment it seems to be a minority spoiling ti for all of us.

Hopefully although we're still at war technically :p we can all be united on this whole issue and quit whining long enough to actually sort the problem out. Sometimes there seems to be a bit of a blame culture, certainly in alb at the moment. Its a shame, because there are some good people here who are trying their level best and getting nothing but the shit. I'm already making up cunning plans to try and help out, and havent whined about the whole situation at all.

Just needs us as a realm to unite and say 'ok, here is the problem, how do we fix it.' To be fair, alot of people are doing that. Its just some of these threads show the attitude that frankly we dont need. Giving an example, I dont care how nice a guy the likes of Ilum, Yerk and a few others are *and im sure they are* that attitude is not going to actually help us at all.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
Selling Alarm-clocks ! cheap ! Alarm Clocks just 1g a piece !

...anyone surprised about this ? :m00:

Quality Whine :clap:

G

greatred

so is it fun to make a morning raid to meet little to zero resistance? Just curious..
Hehe... Well that was kinda the idea. ;)
Yeah we got up early to take the relic. But if you didn't see this coming then you must have been sleeping the past week.

Well done on taking the relics in the week, middies.
Well done to all the albs who came along for a great raid :). Claps on the back all round!

S

sethnaket

Originally posted by Sping
People who don't care how they gain a relic are the same kind of people who use radar and cheat? Not doing yourself any favours with that comment. :)
Stop exaggerating. :p

Not exaggerating. There will be no defenders on a morning raid, if that's the kind of daoc you like, do everyone a favour and go play gaheris where you can take pve keeps all day long. The ones who would rather do one of those even tho there's a general agreement between the realms on excal (not talking about pryd here if you didn't get that) are the kind of people who only cares about how much advantage they can give themselves, and that's exactly what cheaters do aswell. Not saying alarmclock raiders use radar or cheat, I'm saying it's the same kind of mentality. And when you go down that road RRs will start sucking for everyone else.

Primetime raids are VERY possible, atleast on excal where there's like twice the population. Maybe excal players are just a lot better then, if as you say primetime raids never work here?

S

Sping

Originally posted by sethnaket
Not exaggerating. There will be no defenders on a morning raid, if that's the kind of daoc you like, do everyone a favour and go play gaheris where you can take pve keeps all day long. The ones who would rather do one of those even tho there's a general agreement between the realms on excal (not talking about pryd here if you didn't get that) are the kind of people who only cares about how much advantage they can give themselves, and that's exactly what cheaters do aswell. Not saying alarmclock raiders use radar or cheat, I'm saying it's the same kind of mentality. And when you go down that road RRs will start sucking for everyone else.

Primetime raids are VERY possible, atleast on excal where there's like twice the population. Maybe excal players are just a lot better then, if as you say primetime raids never work here?

I said "rarely" and I also said that many people here don't enjoy them (evidently).

Why so hostile? Why can't you just accept the fact that people are different and enjoy different aspects of the game? You only lost a relic, lose the temper.

I'm a roleplayer. I'm of the mentality that I play to have fun, this is only a game and thus, if I have to choose between primetime raids and alarmclock raids I'd choose the one that's more fun. I share the same mentality as those who seek unfair advantages to win you say? Ok! :)

Also, try and accept the fact that maybe Prydwen never was and never will be Excalibur. Stop trying to compare the two. :)

O

old.Hellskor

^^^^^^

even Hibs pull off primetime raids ... just not Albs. :ROFLMAO:

S

sethnaket

I'm hib, I gained a relic while I was sleeping tonight. And I still think morning raids suck (dunno if hibbie raids was morning raid, noone awake yet to talk to).

S

Sparky_SC

In a way, I am glad the Albs haven't all gone and buried themselves in the sand as most seemed to be hinting at when we took the last two relics from them. I can't remember how many whines I read from Albs saying that "RvR is dead", and "What's the point in playing anymore?".

It would have been nice to have had at least a chance to defend them, but as the saying goes "All's fair in love and war", and Us Mids certainly don't love the Albs, so it must be War!!" ;)

Yes I am dissappointed that we have lost them, but grats are due to the Albs that didn't give up, and if this sort of raid is what they have to do to get them back, then that's fine. Just don't come whining when the same happens in return. (Not that the Mids need to do such a raid)

What would be a real shame is if the whole Realm vs Realm Relic thing turned in to a 'Dawn-Raid Vs Dawn-Raid' thing. One of the reasons that Mid continually went for prime-time relic raids is that they are much more fun when you actually get to fight defenders. Trying to come up with different tactics in order to get them was also half the battle. Any realm can just walk in in the early hours and take them without any defenders, but where's the challenge in that?, where's the real sense that you have achieved something? Where's the glory? Where's the real fun?

There is one thing for sure though, you won't have mids on here saying "That's it, I'm quitting!" just because we lost a few Relics. We'll be planning how and when we get them back, and we'll have great fun trying to. In a way, us taking all six relics was what was needed to give you Albs a kick up the backside. Now the fun begins.

-Sparky-

A

Artemls

Originally posted by Xeanor
Quality Whine :clap:

Hahaha, Xeanor talking about whines... but guess if someone would be able to pick out a good whine it would be you :p

S

seaotter

alarm clocks

ahhh let me explain an alarm clock to all the mids.
It's what us alb's use when we have to get up to go to work,
Altho thinking aboutnot much call for an alarm clock when either mummy gets you up for school or your a dole ponce.
So just a suggestion to all mids whop whine about the rr times next time your giro comes thru go buy one.
And yes i have a job and earn more than most.

Otter 50th polegimp
Seaotter 50th scout

C

Cozak

Re: alarm clocks

Originally posted by seaotter
Altho thinking aboutnot much call for an alarm clock when either mummy gets you up for school or your a dole ponce.
So just a suggestion to all mids whop whine about the rr times next time your giro comes thru go buy one.

Otter 50th polegimp
Seaotter 50th scout

wow!!11 yoru cooool m8!1 can i plz have a job 2?!! kthxm8!!1

seriously though, thats the fucking stupidest reply i have ever seen oh im an alb i work those smelly mids must not work, after seeing that reply i seriously doubt you are old enough to work, grow up.

N

Nightchill

9-10 is after I normally wake up, and that's without using an alarm clock. Seeing as CET is 1 hour even further ahead... damn you guys sleep too much :p

A

Artemls

Otter 50th polegimp
Seaotter 50th scout

Yea we use alarm clocks also but not for playing a game on sunday mornings :p

P

Piojo

Hibs can do prime time raids and albs cant haha :LOL:

E

Edlina

Uhm, so that makes you better than those who don't?

Or it just gives you the right to flame them? :eek:

Originally posted by Cybwyn
3am?.

Hmmz, hardly, more like left Ligen at 00.20 gmt o.0

takes long to go thru marfach summoners hall and dodens, especially when you don't know the way :p

C

chretien

[BMost expected this.. ofc albs would make a rr rather fast and even more expected that i wouldnt be during primetime :) [/B]
So what about the RR this Saturday afternoon that took two doors down on Grallarhorn Faste?
Or the Relic raid two days after you took the power relic off the hibs a couple of weeks back. As I recall that was primetime , as was the one before that.
Don't flame if all you show is ignorance.

R

Rudor Dwarf

Wow you earn more then most can you sign my shirt ?

You might earn more then most but you sure are a idiot as you brag about it.

A

Artemls

Originally posted by chretien
So what about the RR this Saturday afternoon that took two doors down on Grallarhorn Faste?
Or the Relic raid two days after you took the power relic off the hibs a couple of weeks back. As I recall that was primetime , as was the one before that.
Don't flame if all you show is ignorance.

Yea that was primetime raids but did you get a relic with you? :p

D

Derric

Get off these boards Arte,you're way too old and fat to be here.

A

Alyssania

Just have to say it wasnt that early raid. :) I woked up 4 hours before it and came to work and when the raid started it was 11am so about the time people start saying good day instead of good morning.

Live with the fact some people dont play to 4am and they wake up at 8 or 9am. If the raid would have been at 4am or 5am then I would agree its early.

A

Artemls

Originally posted by Derric
Get off these boards Arte,you're way too old and fat to be here.

Well you to bald and dumb so let's both stay? ;)

K

Kraben

2 doors down at a rr during prime time is a good rr imo :) Why dont just keep pushing on when you can see that it CAN be done instead of resort to morning raids instead? :)

A

Artemls

Hmmm, don't think so Derric. Like to drink my beer instead of giving it away :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom