Albs killing Dyvet ?

Quantaco

Fledgling Freddie
May be Shike thinks he has a prefect english, also only accept positive answer. Anything to do with negative answer he just reject it or whine at it.

Yes, you may be right. I dont type good english, but I have tried my best.

You may be an englishman but I am not judging your english, the only think I would like to say in this thread : alb not totally killing the server, mid/ hib cant be bother to fight and just whine and that isnt helps.

Himse

FH is my second home
Lock the thread! The Cluster is Dead!

woot rhyme =[

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
players who avoid 8v8 till they have more realm ranks aren't expert players. sounds more like players who can only win when the ability advantage is on their side, which is pretty much the definition of average or casual player, imo.

What a strange point of view!, The majority of people left on this server realise that there is no point building PUGS or even running solo when opted groups are out on the server.

That is why we end up with zergs! People realise that there is no point going out just to get ganked.

Despite this I keep trying!

I am quite saddened by the likes of Nadiahs grp that just gank anything they see! What is the challenge!.

Its not a lot of fun not to be able to compete!

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
RR9L7- Guildmaster of LOE and
thoroughly nice chap!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
May be Shike thinks he has a prefect english, also only accept positive answer. Anything to do with negative answer he just reject it or whine at it.

Yes, you may be right. I dont type good english, but I have tried my best.

You may be an englishman but I am not judging your english, the only think I would like to say in this thread : alb not totally killing the server, mid/ hib cant be bother to fight and just whine and that isnt helps.

No no, my english is nowhere perfect, not even close. And your context doesnt bother me at all in this particular thread, its the way you put ahead your thoughts that did. As I said earlier, I dont really care much about a dead cluster at all I'm afraid which is a large part of why I hardly even post here anymore. And fair enough, if the highlighted is what you wanted to say, then you just did it in a way that cant be misunderstood. (btw, I am one of those that couldnt be bothered to fight, I need my sleep at night or I wont be able to keep up with my work at all, somehow... I just cant get that into something negative, I just cant.)

Anyways, im a swede. Not a bloody englishman! :fluffle:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Bloody hell if i chose a third language and posted it on here it would be absolute jibberish, shit if I even knew enough words for a 3rd language for a sentance would be an achievement !

Your mean Shike, just mean.

/bow to Quantaco for even knowing a 3rd language tbh :)

The thing most people miss when shouting OMG stop attacking people for their language, it's not their main language is that you wouldn't find native english speakers logging on to a french forum, writing a load of complete garbage with no meaning then expecting the native speakers to actually gain anything from it.
If I was posting somewhere in a third language, i'd actually take some time to try and ensure that what I had posted at least had some kind of meaning.

Quantaco proved with his last post that he's able to actually write something that makes sense (respect for that) and that brings something to the discussion. I could simply log on and pick some random words out of any language dictionary and post them here. If no-one could actually make any sense out of them, what would be the point tho?

The "it's not his first language" is a perfectly valid argument if people make grammatical errors, or spell stuff wrongly and get picked on. It's not if what they are writing simply makes NO sense and showed they hadn't spent more than 2 seconds even trying to ensure it wasn't simply a collection of random letters.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The thing most people miss when shouting OMG stop attacking people for their language, it's not their main language is that you wouldn't find native english speakers logging on to a french forum, writing a load of complete garbage with no meaning then expecting the native speakers to actually gain anything from it.
If I was posting somewhere in a third language, i'd actually take some time to try and ensure that what I had posted at least had some kind of meaning.

Quantaco proved with his last post that he's able to actually write something that makes sense (respect for that) and that brings something to the discussion. I could simply log on and pick some random words out of any language dictionary and post them here. If no-one could actually make any sense out of them, what would be the point tho?

The "it's not his first language" is a perfectly valid argument if people make grammatical errors, or spell stuff wrongly and get picked on. It's not if what they are writing simply makes NO sense and showed they hadn't spent more than 2 seconds even trying to ensure it wasn't simply a collection of random letters.

if people spend half of the time they used to make a post to criticize his english would have spent it on rereading and trying to understand, it would have done the job i guess.

it must be more fun to attack people over language skills than actually rereading a post.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
What a strange point of view!, The majority of people left on this server realise that there is no point building PUGS or even running solo when opted groups are out on the server.

That is why we end up with zergs! People realise that there is no point going out just to get ganked.

I am quite saddened by the likes of Nadiahs grp that just gank anything they see! What is the challenge!.

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
thoroughly nice chap!

Interesting? we gank everything we see?

Not to be rude, but kindly stfu?

We run 8v8 in agramon and where we can find it, and ofc we are going to kill a zerg in iRVR if there are no 8v8 grps out.

Your saying that we shouldnt kill albs in our frontier? Riiiight, so just because it isnt a challenge to kill a random zerg we should just log off?

At least we only run in an 8 man group unlike pretty much everything else in irvr which runs in a big zerg, and only runs once its zerg is together. If our group killing your alb zerg upsets you then maybe do something about it, form a group roam and fight us. I dont normally raise to flamebait, but seriously having a go at AE for killing people.... thats got to be a new one.

Septina

Part of the furniture

We run 8v8 in agramon and where we can find it, and ofc we are going to kill a zerg in iRVR if there are no 8v8 grps out.

Your saying that we shouldnt kill albs in our frontier? Riiiight, so just because it isnt a challenge to kill a random zerg we should just log off?

At least we only run in an 8 man group unlike pretty much everything else in irvr which runs in a big zerg, and only runs once its zerg is together. If our group killing your alb zerg upsets you then maybe do something about it, form a group roam and fight us. I dont normally raise to flamebait, but seriously having a go at AE for killing people.... thats got to be a new one.

I dont think you got it quite right. :p

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Mkei? :) So most likely your group has rolled him solo from time to time. :)

Well I never kill solo tanks unless they have given me a reason to, and as far as I am aware I have not killed him when he was solo (and obviously wanting solo action)

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Well I never kill solo tanks unless they have given me a reason to, and as far as I am aware I have not killed him when he was solo (and obviously wanting solo action)

belgorian allways adds anyways, :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
players who avoid 8v8 till they have more realm ranks aren't expert players. sounds more like players who can only win when the ability advantage is on their side, which is pretty much the definition of average or casual player, imo.

More realm ranks? The only groups I have seen in the 8v8 zone on Limors that don't have mutliple rr11 players in are ones that have rerolled from the UK cluster.

I am sure you will quite rightly point out that realm rank is just an indication of time played rather than skill but there is also a good chance that rr11 players DO know what they are doing. If you are able to reguarly beat the high realm rank groups in the 8v8 zone with much lower realm rank players then congratulations you must be an extremely good team but most people will need a more level playing field before they can compete with the best of the german servers.

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
If GOA had only advertised daoc the population would maybe rise!

Here in Norway, where I live, I have never met another that plays daoc (Tho I know of some in-game), Im sure of if they had advertised lots of norse people would've started playing. When Wow arrived insane amount up here started playing, since it was advertised (even on the cinema). Im 100% sure many of those would have started playing daoc if they had known.

Every mmorpg needs new blood, or it will eventually get underpopulated/die

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The fault is not just with GOA though but with how Mythic have expanded the game in the first place.

Can you imagine trying to learn this game from scratch as a fresh player with no idea what daoc is about? We have grown up with it and learnt bit by bit, but for a newbie it would be an incredibly complicated and scarey task.

First you have to level to 50 (with no tweaking or plats from alts)

Then you have 10 master levels + xp to do, which is not as easy now with low population

Then you have artifacts to collect

Then the first 5 champion levels

Then the new 5 champion levels

Then you have to learn about RvR and gain realm ranks

And somewhere along the line figure out about spellcrafting and making a template

It's not a very welcoming thought, they have added so much you need to have done to be at a competitive level in this game that any new players will simply say sod that and try a different new game with better graphics instead.

brad

Fledgling Freddie

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
thoroughly nice chap!

They leave me alone :p

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
thoroughly nice chap!
I'd say that we end up with zergs since people just can't be arsed to put in the slightest bit of effort. Zero brain activity needed to zerg, just mash F8 and random damage button.

If the hundreds of people zerging would put together PUG's they would have other PUG's to fight? So what's the problem? An opted group might kill the PUG, but a bigger zerg will kill the smaller zerg anyway.

Your logics are abit flawed. I would say you have a bigger chance of a opted group leaving a soloer alone then you have of a zerg leaving a soloer alone.

My 2 coppers anyway.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say that we end up with zergs since people just can't be arsed to put in the slightest bit of effort. Zero brain activity needed to zerg, just mash F8 and random damage button.

If the hundreds of people zerging would put together PUG's they would have other PUG's to fight? So what's the problem? An opted group might kill the PUG, but a bigger zerg will kill the smaller zerg anyway.

Your logics are abit flawed. I would say you have a bigger chance of a opted group leaving a soloer alone then you have of a zerg leaving a soloer alone.

My 2 coppers anyway.

Except we havent actually got hundreds of people zerging. These days a typical zerg will barely reach 2fg, 3 or 4 if its a special event.

Nate

FH is my second home
Except we havent actually got hundreds of people zerging. These days a typical zerg will barely reach 2fg, 3 or 4 if its a special event.

Speaking on a all realm perspective there is obviously more then a hundred people playing the zergstyle on Dyvet. I don't believe Perly was putting it down to the amount of groups you have in a zerg, rather that it was the total amount of players playing in this way.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Nowdays mesmeration feedback is a full group of other Albs to my right that gets blanket mezzed by Nate so our group can run off to somewhere else looking for a fight while 3 other Alb groups join for the F8 fun.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Nowdays mesmeration feedback is a full group of other Albs to my right that gets blanket mezzed by Nate so our group can run off to somewhere else looking for a fight while 3 other Alb groups join for the F8 fun.

LOL yet again Manisch you bring a smile to my face :fluffle: <3 Nate's messing tbh :)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved

Yes, all the other ones are busy with FG fights... :wanker:

Looks like alb has been running a special event for the last 4 years or so.

Nate

FH is my second home

i tried to getcha :(

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
The fault is not just with GOA though but with how Mythic have expanded the game in the first place.

Can you imagine trying to learn this game from scratch as a fresh player with no idea what daoc is about? We have grown up with it and learnt bit by bit, but for a newbie it would be an incredibly complicated and scarey task.

Then you have 10 master levels + xp to do, which is not as easy now with low population

And somewhere along the line figure out about spellcrafting and making a template

It's not a very welcoming thought, they have added so much you need to have done to be at a competitive level in this game that any new players will simply say sod that and try a different new game with better graphics instead.
True some would think the game too complicated and quit, but other will
love the challenge and get addicted as we are (were). :)

For a new player everything is fun, and new. Dont think they think when they start: I must hurry up and get to 50, ML10 and get all the best stuff, cause I wanna compete in rvr! - I know I didnt.
For me it was more like: Ooh cool! Look at that huge gate in that valley (looking towards Muspelheim), and look at that huge purple giant guarding it! Scary, im keeping away thats for sure! - Thinking the game to be the worlds greatest, and dreaming of going in there someday when higher level. ;)

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved

I think Mythic finaly figure that too... hence the Bounty Pointy point arti's, scrolls, ml's and mlXP scrolls you can buy in 1.88 (live tomorrow on US-servers)

A full book of scrolls cost 310 Bounty points, the ML cedits anywhere between 1000 BP and 4800 BP.

Mythic claims it's to allow players that prefer to concentrate on RvR to actualy get arti's and ml's. Mayhap it is, mayhap it isn't... I personaly think it to make it easier for new players to join the 'end'-game instead of getting rolled over time and time again and loose intrest (read... hit the Cancel Button)

Question is will it be enough to attract new players when newer games offer eye candy like there's no tomorrow. I still think DAoC is the best MMoRPG, around end-game wise. But who's gonna invest time and money in a game this old. All the flaming and bad air on this forum aren't exactly good advertising for the game. New Player X wants to try DAoC so he checks the web and ends up reading all the pessimistic posts on here... is he still gonna be intrested in trying it ?

It's the first time since day 3 of the U.S. release that I don't have any active accounts (due to various reasons not involving the game) but to be honest, I don't know if I'll renew 'em. Heck maybe I'll finaly find the time to paint the 1.000+ Warhammer 40K models that have been gathering dust for over 5 years :)

Anyways maybe I'll see some of you around in game sometime, maybe I won't but the last thought I want to leave you with is this : God (Goa/Mythic) didn't screw up the world Humans (the players) did...

Hope you guys get to have tons of fun in this game I called home for over 5 years.

Erulin The Bloody

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie

I'm not talking about your mighty group feeding off the Alb Zerg, you do that and you do it well. I'm talking about you ganking players who are solo or in a duo, trying to run in area's away from the Zerg. I admit your group does roam, but I sadly happen to have the misfortune of meeting your group often.

Oh and BTW watch your mouth child.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
More realm ranks? The only groups I have seen in the 8v8 zone on Limors that don't have mutliple rr11 players in are ones that have rerolled from the UK cluster.

I am sure you will quite rightly point out that realm rank is just an indication of time played rather than skill but there is also a good chance that rr11 players DO know what they are doing.

Of course, and no that issue has been debated over and over, don't want to start another discussion ;) My comment was only about the expert players needing realm ranks to compete. Personally I just think that starting to run and compete in fg zone all the way from RR2 would be very close to the definition of "expert player". Myself I dont even have a group and typically I play as a replacement once in a couple of weeks so my purpose was not to brag or anythinig.

From what I've seen, I dont think the german playerbase is much different from what was on our cluster, both have wide range of players "skill" wise. However the german playstyle is mostly based on massive ability dump on inc, which evens out the difference between the "just good" and best players.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Albs Killing Dyvet Cluster? No I don't think Albion is responsible the the clusters demise. If anything the albs are the only ones left playing because they have not given up like the rest. With that somewhat biased logic, Hibs and Mids killed the cluster by giving up when the going got tough ;)

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not talking about your mighty group feeding off the Alb Zerg, you do that and you do it well. I'm talking about you ganking players who are solo or in a duo, trying to run in area's away from the Zerg. I admit your group does roam, but I sadly happen to have the misfortune of meeting your group often.

Oh and BTW watch your mouth child.

Firsty sorry, I missunderstood what you said and thought you were having a go at us, I understand what its like to be a solo visible tank and is why I will always leave solo tanks wherever possible. I stopped playing my merc because of constantly being chainkilled by warlocks and by groups running past. When I said stfu I actually meant "stop that fury unicorn" sorry for any confusion :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom