2. PvP
3. PvE
4. Kramer v Kramer
5. Mondays
6. EMF
7. Life on Mars

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I'd say that we end up with zergs since people just can't be arsed to put in the slightest bit of effort. Zero brain activity needed to zerg, just mash F8 and random damage button.

If the hundreds of people zerging would put together PUG's they would have other PUG's to fight? So what's the problem? An opted group might kill the PUG, but a bigger zerg will kill the smaller zerg anyway.

Your logics are abit flawed. I would say you have a bigger chance of a opted group leaving a soloer alone then you have of a zerg leaving a soloer alone.

My 2 coppers anyway.

I don't agree with that. If you build a zerg of non-afk people, then it can get quite scaring. Go Avalon and check out the zerg there and you'll see what I mean =) There are a lot of groups who couldn't compete in 8v8 with the specialized guilds, but in the zergfights they give the edge cause they actually use some strategy. Yeah trust me, I hadn't seen that before aswell ^^

Legaethiel

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs have the Midgardian relics last time I looked. They also have stacks of bonuses and much higher population playing now. They do in fairness have some very, very good players too.

As for a cancer killing the cat, as a metaphor for what's happening on the cluster? Very curious indeed, but very wide of the mark.

What is killing the game is no Marketing or Promotion. I will probably get severely flamed for this, but here goes:

I enjoy playing the game for what it is, and the community on the game. I enjoy the duels I have will other players, and fun evenings on the game. I also enjoy PvE and the challenges the game that PvE has.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I don't agree with that. If you build a zerg of non-afk people, then it can get quite scaring. Go Avalon and check out the zerg there and you'll see what I mean =) There are a lot of groups who couldn't compete in 8v8 with the specialized guilds, but in the zergfights they give the edge cause they actually use some strategy. Yeah trust me, I hadn't seen that before aswell ^^

Strategy wins a lot of fights. Never did understand why according to these boards strategy is impossible except in 8vs8 on an open field.

Darzil

Nate

FH is my second home

We've seen that and we do play there at least 1 day a week, the thing is relating Limors to Dyvet reguarding the zerg style of play prooves nothing.

The zerg on Limors have a good reason to play like that as they actually have competition, there are a number of zergs from each realm. They go in a zone where there is no keeps quite a lot of the time, and don't often cut ports / go for keeps when they are(from my short time spent on Limors that is what I've seen).

Quite the opposite when you relate it to Dyvet zergs which cut ports whenever near by or camp a bridge whenever possible whilst never being too far from a keep.

It seems to me that the community on Limors has a much better level of communication between the realms as they are able to setup zones for fg and zones for zerg everyday, which so far I haven't seen cross paths.

*Ofc this is my pov and it's quite limited by the short time I have spent there over the last few months, if anyone else thinks differently that has a bit more experience with it fine I'll go along with you :D.

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
When I said stfu I actually meant "stop that fury unicorn" sorry for any confusion :D

Well thats ok then, I thought you meant something else :p and no I wont stop the fury coz its often the only thing that keeps me alive.

I dont think you will find a post that I have made, where I have sworn at somebody else and naturally I dont expect people to swear at me. Being a slighter older member of the DAOC community and having two sons that show people respect, its something that I find difficult to tolerate, and if it was done to me IRL, it would be met with a swift smack in the mouth :)

Anyway back on topic, I would love to see an evening of RVR, where every group was a pick up group. Something random, where you flag yourself as looking for group and you are automatically allocated to a group. That is something that would really test peoples skills. It would be a Great lesson for those classes that dont often get picked for a grp and would also test the skills of the more experienced players that normally run in opted groups.

Perhaps this is something our GMS could organise for a laugh.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved

You can't compare a equal (ish) numbered zergs vs eachother with the current 100 albs vs 30 hibs and 10 mids that Dyvet has. Any monkey with a key to press can make RP's in a zerg. If that monkey would just find 7 other monkey's they could make a PUG and maybe try something else instead of just saying "lolz omg server is dying, only zerging left, omg can't compete vs a setgroup lets just lay down and die lolz".

Legaethiel

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs outnumbered Albs the last few times I was rvr-ing. I the old argument about Albs overpopulating the cluster doesn't apply anymore. It doesn't consider the amount of Albs who don't rvr. I think the argument about Albs would have applied 18 months ago, certainly not today. I have experienced more Hib and Mid zerging recently. I will find evidence to back this up too.

The game is just in serious need of promotion: I turned around my business when I bought it. This was by the correct Marketing and Promotion. The same business model could feasibly be applied to this game. The game is much more playable now, and goals like reaching ml10 are much more accessible. Still challenging, but achieveable. I know it can be done....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom