Albs Defence

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Gazon said:
2. OIL hits everybody standing near the FRONT, in or outside, in towers and in keeps. It does NOT cover 50% of the keep like people try to pretend. This has been so since NF was introduced. The fact Hibs and Mids seem to find that out only now proves they haven't been on the receiving end enough times. So QQ more. I have been hit by oil inside enough times during siege standoff against Mids and Hibs by now to know not to stand near it.
You really need to start attacking a keep with some real defense inside.
You know those nice windows next to the front door on the inner keep? You know, those nice small rooms you can pb from and hit everything outside, even those out of Los. Well oil is exactly the same now. It hits everything inside as well, even in the rooms on the floors above it.
It was like that previous patch at Eras and it seems to have spread to Benowyc and Hurbury as well. I didn't experience it myself yet at Berkstead.

Danita

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
What I think is funny though is Mids and Hibs al of a sudden complaining about PBAOE use/abuse in keeps by Albs. The fact is there were like ZERO ice specced wizards around for years and now there are, but only a handful. And look: instant whine. It's all new for them but not for Albs.

Say hello to the receiving end for a change :touch: see what it's like?
So true, and tbh so funny. Hibs have vastly better tools for siege assault (shrooms/pbaoe/baseline stun/caoe etc) than albs do. Albs are decent at seige defence with monster rezz now though ill grant you - kind hard to assault with it though anywhere outside of the CK.

Mids come somewhere in the middle - valk insta-cae shear/debuffs and warlock uninterruptible pbaoe are good tools.

I'm contemplating running a 2*MOC3 Ice Wiz, 2*MoC 3 cleric, 2*TWF3 reaver + rr5+ heretic group on a pre-planned Albion Mass-RvR event in the near future. Change of underwear fellas? :fluffle:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
So true, and tbh so funny. Hibs have vastly better tools for siege assault (shrooms/pbaoe/baseline stun/caoe etc) than albs do. Albs are decent at seige defence with monster rezz now though ill grant you - kind hard to assault with it though anywhere outside of the CK.

Mids come somewhere in the middle - valk insta-cae shear/debuffs and warlock uninterruptible pbaoe are good tools.

I'm contemplating running a 2*MOC3 Ice Wiz, 2*MoC 3 cleric, 2*TWF3 reaver + rr5+ heretic group on a pre-planned Albion Mass-RvR event in the near future. Change of underwear fellas? :fluffle:

The guards are shaking of fear, while the rest are asleep.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
I got hit climbing the ladder in the tower in bold by oil, there was a wall between me and the oil, it also wiped out loads of hibs in the same way. LoS oil bugs proved very costly for us on thursday.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
TheBinarySurfer said:

Mids come somewhere in the middle - valk insta-cae shear/debuffs and warlock uninteruptable pbaoe are good tools.

all imho ofc

uber dex beats moc 3 when it comes to pbaoe.

i`ve run since the start of NF with moc 3 and recently specced out of it.

mom 5, wp 5, dex 4, int 3, + some random crap, beats any configuration i ever used.

make EVERY single spell count, anytime, is better than once in a while 30 secs of uninteruptable, near crap damage.

2 ice, friar (ST, BG, aux healing), banelord reaver (twf, guard, interupts), mincer (sos, aux CC, demez), 2 cleric, last spot open for discusion.

not exactly your average fotm setup, agree :)

that`s the thing i would like to try for a few days if i ever get to running a set group.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
all imho ofc

uber dex beats moc 3 when it comes to pbaoe.

i`ve run since the start of NF with moc 3 and recently specced out of it.

mom 5, wp 5, dex 4, int 3, + some random crap, beats any configuration i ever used.

make EVERY single spell count, anytime, is better than once in a while 30 secs of uninteruptable, near crap damage.

2 ice, friar (ST, BG, aux healing), banelord reaver (twf, guard, interupts), mincer (sos, aux CC, demez), 2 cleric, last spot open for discusion.

not exactly your average fotm setup, agree :)

that`s the thing i would like to try for a few days if i ever get to running a set group.

Go show em m8.. could even be worth commin outa retirement for:)
Good to see nothing has changed much.. same old whines just mostly different people.. hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom