Albion need cleric's so bad ...(Whine alert)

O

o_O

Originally posted by old.Filip
---------------------------------
in pac baseline you find:

Mesmerise

Stun

Amnesia

Amnesia (AOE)

Remove Mesmerisation

----------------------------------
In Smite baseline you find:

Damage (((DD))

Stun
-----------------------------------
but to think the pure mend healer is = rejuv cleric is wrong ....

In Nature baseline you find:

Root

Self only dammage add (woooho)

O

old.Filip

and with a few points in nature line you get a pet who put on the rigth class will stop him from casting.....

S

sorusi

doubt it would be fun to play cleric in your zerg groups, main problem in alb is that more than 50% play solo classes (since infs are most-wanted, and is just as common as savages :p or prenerf sbs)

A

Asha

It's a boring class to play for months and months. You have to have good groups or else you want to delete it :) Everyone should have a cleric alt and then just take turns doing it :p

O

old.Sepiritz

Well imo, move the smite dmg add to baseline smite (like baseline nature dmg add on druid) and maybe the pbaoedd shout or the pbaoe mez to baseline.
This way a cleric can either actually fight and kill the pet on his own or he can have a decent speedbump pbaoe mez to get away from stuff chasing him.
Right now however its mostly spamming group with pet on me pet on me help help and sprinting in circles hoping to be noticed.. :p
And as far as AP goes, most albs never get to the high realmranks so he can afford AP, unless hes in a very active RvR guild.
Also, what use is AP if you still cant heal because of being interrupted? Just because you live longer doesnt necessarily mean the group will and with a dead group a cleric is kinda useless and without a cleric that is able to heal a group is kinda dead dont you agree?

J

Jugvayne

theres no lack of clerics.......just lack of groups :)

C

catalina

Would be nice to give clerics a castable aoe stun in smite line, combined with the pbae mezz it might give the cleric a chance to actually heal in a fight.

At the moment (unless it's a large scale battle) the cleric fires BoF, then does one of the following:

1. fighting hibs, run around with 100% interrupting grey pet and maybe a BM or 2 on your ass while using your instas to try and keep the group alive.

2. fighting mids, run around with the savage train on your ass while using your instas to keep yourself alive in the hope you might actually get some RP's for a change instead of eating dirt

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by catalina
Would be nice to give clerics a castable aoe stun in smite line, combined with the pbae mezz it might give the cleric a chance to actually heal in a fight.

At the moment (unless it's a large scale battle) the cleric fires BoF, then does one of the following:

1. fighting hibs, run around with 100% interrupting grey pet and maybe a BM or 2 on your ass while using your instas to try and keep the group alive.

2. fighting mids, run around with the savage train on your ass while using your instas to keep yourself alive in the hope you might actually get some RP's for a change instead of eating dirt

Aoe stun is still worthless. It's not long enough to stop enemy support from healing or whatever and on tanks it lasts no more than 1 second. It's free slam immunity on who ever you will cast it.

1 - Fighting hib- try killing the pet? It's level 7, meaning you will kill it very fast, it's better than running around anyway.

2 - Try running to the defensive tank? Try not wasting the group insta on yourself and rely on a rezz? :x

C

catalina

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Aoe stun is still worthless. It's not long enough to stop enemy support from healing or whatever and on tanks it lasts no more than 1 second. It's free slam immunity on who ever you will cast it.

1 - Fighting hib- try killing the pet? It's level 7, meaning you will kill it very fast, it's better than running around anyway.

2 - Try running to the defensive tank? Try not wasting the group insta on yourself and rely on a rezz? :x

is this a joke? ....no really!!!

1. lvl7 pet or not, it's still takes 4-5 hits for a cleric to kill the pet. if you think a cleric has time to stop and kill the pet you must be mad, never mind the fact you might also have a chanter pet on you at the same time and 1-2 hib tanks beating the crap outta you.

2. right, and in what group setup do we have a defensive tank capable of stopping a savage assist train?
oh and while my corpse is there on the ground, i'm sure that the 2nd cleric will be free to rezz me mid battle. in fact hey why don't we just keep rezzing each other, i mean every 100% rezz i get means i got enough power to rezz him 2s later when he's dead

A

ab_fluid

1. lvl7 pet or not, it's still takes 4-5 hits for a cleric to kill the pet. if you think a cleric has time to stop and kill the pet you must be mad, never mind the fact you might also have a chanter pet on you at the same time and 1-2 hib tanks beating the crap outta you.

2. right, and in what group setup do we have a defensive tank capable of stopping a savage assist train?
oh and while my corpse is there on the ground, i'm sure that the 2nd cleric will be free to rezz me mid battle. in fact hey why don't we just keep rezzing each other, i mean every 100% rezz i get means i got enough power to rezz him 2s later when he's dead

Do you think savages hit for less on hibs? do you think theurg/sorc/cabby pets don't interupt hibs/mids? do you think hib tanks shields work better than alb shields? maybe PM farek sometime and ask him about guarding, i am sure he may help you out.

O

old.Lethul

1. Hmm, my shaman 1 hits or 2htis them :( He is stlong tho !

2. the setup with a paladin with 50 shield..

V

VodkaFairy

You are pretty pessimistic did you know that? :p

1. Yes of course all those things MIGHT be the case. But running around is about as pointless as it gets. Shout for a tank to oneshot the pet, shout for the sorc to CC it, use the pbae mezz and oneshot it with a smite. Just don't say a lvl 7 pet can put you out of the fight completely, because that is nonsense.

2. In every group you have a paladin capable of guarding? It may not be the best guarder around, but it sure as hell can block alot of hits for you. When the assist train is on you, it means the other cleric has to do the healing, so you have to minimise the damage caused to you. Minimising dmg is NOT run around in circles if you get hit anyway. Be guarded, of course you will be hit all the time but at least its better than running around.

I have a tip for you. Sit down every battle if you think it's pointless to rvr anyway. Or even better, quit the game?

Alb groups can be VERY good, but with a pessimistic attitude like you have it's no wonder you aren't in any... Sorry if it sounds like a flame but wtf... why do you play if you think its pointless anyway?

S

swords

Its true...running around like a healess chicken does nothing but take you out of the fight and waste the other clerics power.

If needs be support each other, me and Dgit were doing a good job stunning pets on each other since our defense was poor in some instances.

The grey ones with your self dmg shield and dps buff will go down in 2-3 hits, most people forget to put these buffs up and they are worth it.

Its a hard job being a cleric but a good alb group is as competative in rvr as any other group (RR equivilant anyway)

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by swords
Its a hard job being a cleric but a good alb group is as competative in rvr as any other group (RR equivilant anyway)

I agree with this, and hard jobs are challenges... challenge = the drive behind daoc (for me anyway).

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
I agree with this, and hard jobs are challenges... challenge = the drive behind daoc (for me anyway).
nah i just log in and zerg cus its fun to run around 4hours and lag alot and kill stuff with my 2handed pally in epic

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by rg-zorena
nah i just log in and zerg cus its fun to run around 4hours and lag alot and kill stuff with my 2handed pally in epic

Is it an avalonian? :D

K

killrake

U get bored playing healer very easy to......

L

Lochlyessa

Have you actually tried killing one? It's a lvl _7_ pet, ~100 life, abs of around 30 ish if buffed, 7 if not, it takes _1_ hit max, even with a 3.0 spd arc warmace. The only way you're not gonna one shot it, is if you're using say, a bronze hammer ;<

A

Asha

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
Have you actually tried killing one? It's a lvl _7_ pet, ~100 life, abs of around 30 ish if buffed, 7 if not, it takes _1_ hit max, even with a 3.0 spd arc warmace. The only way you're not gonna one shot it, is if you're using say, a bronze hammer ;<

grey ones take 2/3 hits with a mp warmace - we hit like girls :p

green ones - I cannot kill a green one before a typical fight is over

A

Asha

Originally posted by killrake
U get bored playing healer very easy to......

Killrake Lvl 50 Healer Pac
Slinkie Lvl 50 Shadowblade
Barudi Lvl 50 Spiritmaster Supp
Toxicate Lvl 50 Shaman Aug
Deleterina Lvl 50 Runemaster RC
Selector Lvl 50 Warrior
Cavie Lvl 50 Shaman Cave
Pilare Lvl 50 Hunter
Old Lvl 46 Berserker
Ballistor Lvl 46 Thane
Troxita Lvl 43 Skald
Killrock Lvl 44 Savage 2 hand
Beryll Lvl 41 Savage h2h
Bluenose Lvl 40 Warrior
Saline Lvl 45 Bonedancer Bone
Falgara Lvl 34 Spiritmaster Summ
Baneskeleton Lvl 30 Bonedancer Supp
Zaruu Lvl 24 Shadowblade Crit
Dixy Lvl 24 Bonedancer BA
Killine Lvl 31 Healer Mend
Deleter Lvl 24 Shammy

Looks like you get bored with everything ^^

There isn't a lack of clerics really. They're just playing more fun chars.

L

Lochlyessa

Originally posted by Asha
grey ones take 2/3 hits with a mp warmace - we hit like girls :p

green ones - I cannot kill a green one before a typical fight is over

Heh, avalonian cleric not using str/con buffs or something? ;<

I one hit lvl 7 pets while rs ffs :l

H

hangianix

Not mention 28 Purifying Strength +30% DPS , so you defo able to kill it with 1 hit.

Against a random grp (guess not to many in Exc/Hib) it's a good tactic to run away a bit with a pet on you (even tho I can kill it with insta dd), 'cause in 75% they think "lol, what a n00b" and no tanks going to kill you, they leave there the pet to interrupt you, so you have 3-4 free healing round.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by etcetra
Just a question, would this setup work?
3 cleric's, 1 sorc, 1 mincer, 3 merc's?

yes it would work, just relies on end regen potions instead of a pally. and tbh, end regen potions r a far more reliable source when u consider the end supply stops if pally is mezzed/stunned/out-of-1000-range or dead.

what an end potion cannot do is stun your target/enemy support for 9s or rez the dead after a messy fight ;)

A

Asha

no stlong highlander with maxed everything and full buffyed :(

I have to be honest, I haven't paid that much attention since we got relics. I think it took me 2 hits (first hit taking 85% health or so) - but that is still several heal rounds vs. pbaoe. Maybe our hibs buff their pets more dunno. Most seem to be green con pets.

Vs. random hib groups it's not a problem cause they don't exist on Excali :p

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Asha
no stlong highlander with maxed everything and full buffyed :(

I have to be honest, I haven't paid that much attention since we got relics. I think it took me 2 hits (first hit taking 85% health or so) - but that is still several heal rounds vs. pbaoe. Maybe our hibs buff their pets more dunno. Most seem to be green con pets.

Vs. random hib groups it's not a problem cause they don't exist on Excali :p

A standard hib group two druids, one with gray pet, one with green pet :x

If there is a nature druid in the group (with the green pets) or a warden the pets will be most likely buffed.

G

Grymulv

There is Sidi cleric hammer with spd 4,5 - dmg cap on my bb with mercybringer is 399 dmg !! - My normal cleric has lower dps add 30% spell and reach dmg cap around 350 .
Cap your quickness on your sc which means swing spd (dmg doesnt change with quickness in cleric case) , cap your str (raise weapon skill) - you gonna hurt all pets :)
This weapon and new sc with caped quickness and strenght is the only reason why i want giv a try to my cleric again.
Btw dont forget all sidi 150 value ablaptives and healing 80 value procs on all your armour MP ofc. And be above rr 5 to get advatage from MP suit and 16,5 dps weapon.
About AP - shame but clerics cant afford it tho it would giv more fun to play.With rr7L3 you are almost set with ras (bof,mcl2,purge,aa3,rp,moc) but after it i think most go for passive ras and BoL.
There is way to find fun with playing rvr cleric but as you see - how much investment will it be for me - dont think anyone would cope with it. Didint mention that i have bb with mota 4 for my cleric as well - hehe - those addicts ......
My cleric - she is now very happy with all i made for her and will go out to emain with smile.

.......if she could get only power relics for 20%more healing
......dreaming.....

C

catalina

I use Sidi Vanquisher mace atm:

16.5dps 3.9spd 100%
+4 enhance
+4 rejuv
+3 smite
+22 piety
5pt self dmg shield proc

and currently specced 40r / 36e / 4s

Before we got relics it would take me 3-4 hits to kill the pet when fully buffed (including melee enhancement buff), haven't RvR'd with my cleric since then cos i'm having fun with an alt atm.

When i mean running around i don't mean running in circles, i'm not retarded enough to let mid/hib tanks pull off their rear positionals on me. I mean running thru/strafing when i have tanks on me, it's surprisingly effective and i tend to live a fair time into the battle. I don't expect to have a guard-bot in RvR cos we rarely have perfect setup in Alb groups unless it's a GG or other organised RvR group.
Playing cleric is damn frustrating at the best of times but even moreso when you're in a group of:

2 wizz
pala
theurg
rejuv cleric
full enhance cleric (some buffbot tryin to get MoA, but hey we're desperate for clerics)
mincer
det tank (if you're lucky)

V

VodkaFairy

I use Sidi Vanquisher mace atm:

16.5dps 3.9spd 100%
+4 enhance
+4 rejuv
+3 smite
+22 piety
5pt self dmg shield proc

and currently specced 40r / 36e / 4s

Before we got relics it would take me 3-4 hits to kill the pet when fully buffed (including melee enhancement buff), haven't RvR'd with my cleric since then cos i'm having fun with an alt atm.

When i mean running around i don't mean running in circles, i'm not retarded enough to let mid/hib tanks pull off their rear positionals on me. I mean running thru/strafing when i have tanks on me, it's surprisingly effective and i tend to live a fair time into the battle. I don't expect to have a guard-bot in RvR cos we rarely have perfect setup in Alb groups unless it's a GG or other organised RvR group.
Playing cleric is damn frustrating at the best of times but even moreso when you're in a group of:

2 wizz
pala
theurg
rejuv cleric
full enhance cleric (some buffbot tryin to get MoA, but hey we're desperate for clerics)
mincer
det tank (if you're lucky)

why join those groups?

make them yourself

remember who is good and who is not

then make groups of good ppl?

G

Glacier

Originally posted by old.Filip
Albion need cleric's so bad ...

That is forms huge zergs...

of Infils.... becuase ppl give up getting good groups and want to RvR ...

of Fg's..... becuase ppl want to RvR ...

in daoc world there is around 3.800 clerics ... but clearly most of them is BB's

The clerics top 100 is in genereal 30% lower in rps than the healer allthough the healers are only 1.900..

anyoing as hell ..

in a group it is so often the cleric who gets boored first ... no matter if your group is succesfull or loosing.

my exprince tells me that if a cleric tries Druid or Healer it is the beginning of the end to his cleric carrier..

thing is .. becuase of the hugh amonth of BB's the cleric will never get upped... they could use a single target root .. or a pet .. or Demezz or just somthing that would make the cleric more interesting to play...

and as i startet with this is bad for all realms... at times i see 40+ ppl trying to make group at atk .. but no clerics ..

loads of ppl tryed to lvl a cleric ... some even got it to 50.... but after a while they dont wanna play him becuase they get to boored...

Filip
Minser of HB

(There is around 2.400 druids with a top 100 very much alike the cleric... dunno the BB part of that though)

Well if you need it so bad friggin help me get my last levels or something :p i actually enjoy playing meh cleric!

A

Asha

or join an rvr guild ?... they are almost all always looking for clerics ... some would even let you keep your other chars in HG if you wanted (not BF but I think FC and some others let you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom