Albion need cleric's so bad ...(Whine alert)

O

old.Filip

Albion need cleric's so bad ...

That is forms huge zergs...

of Infils.... becuase ppl give up getting good groups and want to RvR ...

of Fg's..... becuase ppl want to RvR ...

in daoc world there is around 3.800 clerics ... but clearly most of them is BB's

The clerics top 100 is in genereal 30% lower in rps than the healer allthough the healers are only 1.900..

anyoing as hell ..

in a group it is so often the cleric who gets boored first ... no matter if your group is succesfull or loosing.

my exprince tells me that if a cleric tries Druid or Healer it is the beginning of the end to his cleric carrier..

thing is .. becuase of the hugh amonth of BB's the cleric will never get upped... they could use a single target root .. or a pet .. or Demezz or just somthing that would make the cleric more interesting to play...

and as i startet with this is bad for all realms... at times i see 40+ ppl trying to make group at atk .. but no clerics ..

loads of ppl tryed to lvl a cleric ... some even got it to 50.... but after a while they dont wanna play him becuase they get to boored...

Filip
Minser of HB

(There is around 2.400 druids with a top 100 very much alike the cleric... dunno the BB part of that though)

A

Arnor

you need a cleric?

roll one yourself bitchola!

O

old.Filip

got a minser... they allmost as needed as cleric's

and im sure i would end finding it boring as well as so many other ppl

F

Flimgoblin

someone else roll a healing cleric for me ;) I want heals...

The old cry.

Roll one yourself :) I'm as guilty though - I tried to roll a cleric and ended up going smite/enhance... oh well, same reason my wizard ended up split-spec and my necromancer painworking ;)

L

Lumikki

What do you suggest then Filip? Whole line rewamps? Don't think pets etc. would change anything :)

xx

O

old.Filip

ya i know that i should roll 1 my self...

but

1. hate exp so much .. after my minser the higest alt i ever had is a lvl 35 theug ...

loads of ppl tryed to lvl a cleric ... some even got it to 50.... but after a while they dont wanna play him becuase they get to boored...

it is the class most ppl abbandon imho ...

even a grey pet (alter boy?) would make more ppl stick with cleric i think

T

Tasans

Healers arent much good for bots so they are more actively played = higher rp average.

Want a cleric? Roll one.

O

old.Filip

Healers arent much good for bots so they are more actively played = higher rp average.

Clerics aint much good for actively playing them = lower RP average...................... (and read again im not refering to average rps)

Want a cleric? Roll one.

read above ...

K

Kagato.

Clerics arn't that boring, its funny as hell hitting bof and being effectively immune to every tank and his buddy for 30 seconds :)

B

bult

imo cleric is probably the weakest main healer if u dont count RAs since they are more of a realm thing and not class, but the difference isnt that huge. Anyway never really had that much problem with getting clerics or atleast not any more problem then getting 3 good thrust mercs or good minstrel etc etc.

Imo give clerics something additional in smite specc since smite is easy the worst third specc when it comes to group utility for the 3 main healing classes. There is NO reason for most groups to have 2x of the same secondary specc (enhance) now that so many ppl have buffbots. 1 40r 35e 9s cleric and 1 40r 36 smite or whatever cleric would be real nice but just too bad smite line is so crappy. Druid AE root is nice pac line is obviously nice aswell. druid and esp healer also got really nice baseline spells like ST root or ae amnesia.

Cleric is a pretty good solid class atm so not that much reason to complain but some added group utility to smite line would be great.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by bult
Cleric is a pretty good solid class atm so not that much reason to complain but some added group utility to smite line would be great.

Just reducing the insane power consumption while smiting would be good enough to encourage more smitez0rs.

W

-Wedge-

Clerics are fun to play on your laptop while you play another class on your main PC... Except when you have to run around a lot, then it sucks :p

/stick + spreadheal for teh winz!

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
I tried to roll a cleric and ended up going smite/enhance... oh well, same reason my wizard ended up split-spec and my necromancer painworking ;)
You just love your gimped characters, don't you? ;)

I've rolled a Cleric who's almost 50 but, while it's fun to play every now and then for a change of pace, I much prefer to play my Tank classes.

A

Archeon

If a group of 8 clerics wtfpwn's as much as a group of 6 healers and 2 shaman then Albion should definatly roll more.

Viva La Seer RVR!!! :D

M

mson

mebbe try give scout/infil a nice nerf to get them inline and u will see more good grps pop instead of 102012010201201 stealthers in alb. and remove stealthe from minc.

F

Forau

Originally posted by bult
imo cleric is probably the weakest main healer if u dont count RAs

And why on earth wouldn't you count the RAs? :D
I play both Mendhealer and cleric and I'll take the cleric anyday of the week now that ASD is nerfed.

T

Trubble

Give clerics pets that are comparable to spirit master pets, and put them in smite line. That shuold wake up the class some more and open up for some interesting specs.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by alithiel50
You just love your gimped characters, don't you? ;)

I've rolled a Cleric who's almost 50 but, while it's fun to play every now and then for a change of pace, I much prefer to play my Tank classes.

yep :(

it's great fun though :) (need another healer in the group or we're sitting ducks - but it's fun to play smite/enhance with the odd bit of healing, friarstylee)

T

tuathra

yea, clerics clearly deserves a pet which intercepts 70%, just in case bof is down.

- tua

H

heath

Lol...i rolled a cleric...and soon deleted it from all the people saying..."rezz me" "heal me" "ffs heal me noob" "too fucking slow...you thick "
..Ok, how many times do you hear people saying, Oi..armsman..slam it...slash it..use the back slash etc...
Oi, infil..use PA...faster...Use the different poison. In the end i just made a BB for me alone.

Are clerics the only class that others tell HOW to play..without playing one themselves. Ever since then i have had 100% respect for clerics and what they do.

Quickest way to lose clerics is abusing them. I can understand why peeps roll BB, i have a baby one myself. That way i can get all the stuff i need for me. I don't have to rely on anybody else.
But, until the constant flaming of how bad clerics are and what a crap job they do. We are gonna be against rolling them.

I

iluvatur

sometimes people get annoyed when they die and they don't get healed.... after you've been spamming group chat saying 'get this fucking pet off me', if you pay your cleric due attention then it works out better for your group... especially now spread heals in... that spell r0x.

S

swords

Im lucky in that i have a guild of people who respect my abilities and do give praise.
Its hard playing one of two healers in a group (since we sacrafice alot to have 3 clerics in a group) especially at a lower RR.

This is all you need to get your clerics playing more, we dont get the l33t wtf own death spam and we are rarely noticed as much as the tanks killing everything. What we do want is to know that we did our job well and that it was us who held the group together.

B

bult

Originally posted by Forau
And why on earth wouldn't you count the RAs? :D
I play both Mendhealer and cleric and I'll take the cleric anyday of the week now that ASD is nerfed.

not counting the RA cus they give those on a realm basis and not class if cleric didnt get it some other class would have it. But yeah BoF is uber and if i was to choose healers for a none realm specific group i would take 1-2 clerics in the group for sure. But without bof healer is way better imo AE amnesia demezz baseline mezz etc etc pretty nice stuff. But main healers are all and all quite balanced between the realms imo.

T

tazzke

Cleric IS boring...with all the assisting these days you can spec 50 rej...and still lack the healing power to keep 1-2 people alive...
(i liked the times without assisting macro's & spreadheal a lot more...rej cleric impact on a group was a lot higher than it is now)

Also the 2 or 3 grey pets you get when facing hibs is very nice :(...(make grey pets unable to interupt someone pls...they might only take 2 hits to kill...but in that time 2 people are dead if you don't heal these days...and since our "uber" mezz is in the smite line...it's crap...)

Only thing that would get people playing there clerics more often again imo would be to move the insta aoe DD & mezz to a BASE line instead of SMITE... so we don't need to call for help when a GREY pet is attacking us...or we got someone attacking us...

with all tanks having DET these days it wouldn't be overpowered anyway...but might help the cleric to save his own ass when needed...getting enough distance to move out of range when sorc speed kicks in etc...if he/she isn't dead yet of course

a pet might sounds nice...but give me a usefull aoe DD & mezz...and i'm happy...(and think many clerics would tbh)

K

kin

The clerics who play rvr is often the players who knows that a victory come from good groupplay, not from some single armsman bashing an enemy. They are often content to do their part of the
team. Unfortunately a great deal of the other players in groups
are not. They come to rvr in epic armor and with shitty specs but
want healing like if a god was watching over them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom