Alb v Mid keep taking.

A

Ausbourne

Xajorkith said:
2) A Scout has slower bows (5.8) than a Hunter (5.3) thus do more damage on every shot
ever played with a 5.8 bow noob? You wouldn't use it if you knew how slow it was. Add bt,blocks & misses and you have a verrrrrrrrrry low dps.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
Not a nice thing to say, but to prove my point Ill continue on it.. you didnt learn tactics, get skills, get a template or learn how to play. You got given an addon that altered RvR completely so that numbers ment almost everything.. then you started winning.

Couldn't agree more. Of course Albs didn't become more skilled overnight. It was a patch that led to RvR favouring Albion. Just as pre-NF favoured Midgard. Mids weren't more tactically astute, weren't highly skilled, weren't better equipped...they were simply playing in an environment that favoured Midgard.

Problem is that most Mids just didn't, and still don't, get it.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Couldn't agree more. Of course Albs didn't become more skilled overnight. It was a patch that led to RvR favouring Albion. Just as pre-NF favoured Midgard. Mids weren't more tactically astute, weren't highly skilled, weren't better equipped...they were simply playing in an environment that favoured Midgard.

How exactly did the old patch 'favour' mids...

Nothing changed that directly affected midgard or albion or hibernia... Other then some general ra-changes...

The biggest change (imho) is that there's no longer a 'general hang out spot' where albs can get rps... And with that I mean, no more amg / mmg / hmg... Where everyone has to go through... There's no fixed spot anymore where albs / mids / hibs come from... And seeing how taking a keep is so much like PvE, albs really feel at home there...

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Ausbourne said:
ever played with a 5.8 bow noob? You wouldn't use it if you knew how slow it was. Add bt,blocks & misses and you have a verrrrrrrrrry low dps.

lol at calling me a noob, you must be an Alb ? Usual flames ....
I obviously haven't used a 5.8 bow cos I play Midgard where 5.3 is the slowest bow, which was the point of my post.

If I need more speed, funnily enough I'll use something called "QuickFire", that's an ability that errrrr let me fire my bow faster. To get the speed down matey perhaps you should sort your RA's, TOA bonuses and stats out?

Have you actually played an archer? I mean I'm only R4 but I know which chars have BT and how to combat it, I'm not stupid enough to go plinking arrows into a Paladin and I'm correctly specced not to miss.

I disagree regarding speed, I want to be out in the open as little as possible so It's important "to me" to front load as much damage as possible whilst I am still stealthed, this will allow me to restealth quicker.

Like most I carry more than 1 bow and use the most appropriate for any situation.

If you need any more advice on how to play your archer let me know.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:

Nothing changed that directly affected midgard or albion or hibernia... Other then some general ra-changes...

A fg roaming environment (OF) favours Midgard in that they have class advantages in fg rvr. NF favours siege-bias classes (i.e. Alb). Ofc the sos and bof nerfs also benefit mid tank groups, though they had become less common anyways before NF (although there are still some around).

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
you didnt learn tactics

Yes having 3 healers+shammie as base support is definately superior tactics.

Overpowered said:
get skills

I wish i could press insta-mezz at speed6, unfortunately my club hand can only mash the keys, a club hand that only seemed to appear when i clicked the albion logo at the start of the game.

Overpowered said:
get a template or learn how to play

You only get hints on those if you click the hammer/tree at the start :(

Overpowered said:
You got given an addon that altered RvR completely so that numbers ment almost everything.. then you started winning.

Oppose to winning in emain simply because you had the better classes :m00:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:

Less emphasis on realm warfare and more gank groups, and since middy were the most powerful in terms of fg vs fg it certainly did favour you.

Marc

FH is my second home
Xajorkith said:
I obviously haven't used a 5.8 bow cos I play Midgard where 5.3 is the slowest bow, which was the point of my post.

If I need more speed, funnily enough I'll use something called "QuickFire", that's an ability that errrrr let me fire my bow faster. To get the speed down matey perhaps you should sort your RA's, TOA bonuses and stats out?

Have you actually played an archer? I mean I'm only R4 but I know which chars have BT and how to combat it, I'm not stupid enough to go plinking arrows into a Paladin and I'm correctly specced not to miss.

I disagree regarding speed, I want to be out in the open as little as possible so It's important "to me" to front load as much damage as possible whilst I am still stealthed, this will allow me to restealth quicker.

Like most I carry more than 1 bow and use the most appropriate for any situation.

his is rr10 so.....

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Alb rvr pop has remained pretty constant, with or without relics. A fair number of mids left because they only like fg rvr of course - but that was the same in all realms. As for the one's who only play when they got relics, I actually think it's a shame for the mids still playing that they got deserted by the glory hunters who are waiting for them to get the goodies back in 1.71 before playing again.

So you actually think that not a single alb quit when the primetime serverpop dropped with 500 people? Ofc some albs quit too, and then some others came back because you got relics, and some started to rvr because you got relics. So what we got is a primetime serverpop of 500 or so less than usual, and an alb rvr-population that didnt change in numbers. That should indicate that you outnumber both mids and hibs by far.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
STFU whinging all i see is whine whine whine.. if anyone don't like the game just fuk off play summin else it's as easy as that... :kissit:

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:

:m00:

You're certainly wrong about the Immolated and it's capabilites. With a 5.8 bow you're at a disadvantage from the moment you unstealth. But as you say, you've never tried to play with it. ;)

Oh.. and it's called.....: "Rapid fire".

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
A fg roaming environment (OF) favours Midgard in that they have class advantages in fg rvr. NF favours siege-bias classes (i.e. Alb). Ofc the sos and bof nerfs also benefit mid tank groups, though they had become less common anyways before NF (although there are still some around).
Mythic removed a few tactical chokepoints where a small force could block out a up to 3 times larger force for a long period of time. Midgard used that alot when Albion tried RR in OF. Also the few wannabe chokepoints they have made have alot less tactical impact due to alot more siege-friendly enviroment.
Also if u killed someone in the frontier and they got forced to release there would be quite some time before they where able to come back(gothis, buffing, passing MG and physically getting there), now you can get anywhere within 10 min.
FG v FG was not an issue in keepwar Im afraid.

Edeamos: You misunderstood me. Im not supporting those statements, I just used them to prove my point (that Albion didnt suddenly get alot more organised/skilled/whatnot in NF, it just where that the addon made high numbers count way too much). To say that there is higher % of ppl with good template/skill/whatever in one realm opposed to another is ofc wrong for obvious reasons.
FG v FG was never an issue in keepwar and who held relics and not. I know Mid/excal was/is better at using strategies and tactics in realmdefence/attack, solely due to better organisation (3 mayor alliances, a few dedicated leaders etc), but the players skills/stats didnt have much impact on that.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
Edeamos: You misunderstood me. Im not supporting those statements, I just used them to prove my point (that Albion didnt suddenly get alot more organised/skilled/whatnot in NF, it just where that the addon made high numbers count way too much). To say that there is higher % of ppl with good template/skill/whatever in one realm opposed to another is ofc wrong for obvious reasons.

Aye albion didn't just become skillful overnight, just like mids/hibs in OF weren't really anymore skill than the albs they farmed, just the environment at the time supported their style of play more.

Overpowered said:
FG v FG was never an issue in keepwar and who held relics and not. I know Mid/excal was/is better at using strategies and tactics in realmdefence/attack, solely due to better organisation (3 mayor alliances, a few dedicated leaders etc), but the players skills/stats didnt have much impact on that.

I disagree, reason mids were alot better in keep defence in OF is the keeps were small and a few Rc runies could easily lock the entire keep down, and also GTAOE was on an EXTREMELY popular class and in the best specline, runecarving for debuff>nuke, bolt, gtaoe, aoe dd etc, this is why mids were so effective, keeps now are huge, and cannot be locked down the same way.

I used to play mid/excal and have been in both FoM and WR alliance in the past, both are very well good in terms of defence/raids but as i said i cannot recall a keep take from middy where albs had large numbers inside that the main reason albion lost was GTAOE.

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:

There have always been a population issue on Excalibur server and Albion having more ppl then the other realms (sometimes a small diffrence, sometimes large) and Alb zerges of equal numbers have always been more powerful abilitywise then Mid/Hib ones.
Mid/excal are and have been better at using tactics in realmdefence/attack, they are more organised and have a few regular (skilled) leaders (sorry, democracy dont work in war), something that weighted up against Albions stat-advantage.. and whenever Alb/excal tried to "just zerg it" the servers crashed/melted.

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
I disagree, reason mids were alot better in keep defence in OF is the keeps were small and a few Rc runies could easily lock the entire keep down, and also GTAOE was on an EXTREMELY popular class and in the best specline, runecarving for debuff>nuke, bolt, gtaoe, aoe dd etc, this is why mids were so effective, keeps now are huge, and cannot be locked down the same way.
I used to play mid/excal and have been in both FoM and WR alliance in the past, both are very well good in terms of defence/raids but as i said i cannot recall a keep take from middy where albs had large numbers inside that the main reason albion lost was GTAOE.
Albion had its counterparts.. I remember those Herfolge Boldklubb raids to Fens and similiar raids, maybe u do aswell, though I prolly ran around with a lowbie sorc in pryd back when u played mid/excal.. Sorc mez made charging into a keep hopeless and Albion nukers are quite a few more and hurt alot more then Mid ones, so unless Alb casters got pinned down the Mids would be very very dead very very fast. So they used the only attack that would ensure them victory.. gtae.. both siege and the spell.
The reason RM was so popular was that they could only pick between SM and RM if they wanted to be nuker.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
Albion had its counterparts.. I remember those Herfolge Boldklubb raids to Fens and similiar raids, maybe u do aswell, though I prolly ran around with a lowbie sorc in pryd back when u played mid/excal.. Sorc mez made charging into a keep hopeless and Albion nukers are quite a few more and hurt alot more then Mid ones, so unless Alb casters got pinned down the Mids would be very very dead very very fast.

I went on alot of HB raids but sorc mezz can be beaten easy by insta's, and lets face it, when it comes to instas mids aint short of them :p

Alb/mid nukers nuke for the same pretty much, runie/wizzy same spec dd, runie can debuff as can a cabbie.

Overpowered said:
The reason RM was so popular was that they could only pick between SM and RM if they wanted to be nuker.

Aye which is one of the reasons why mid was so good in OF in the smaller keeps, because they were your only 2 choices you had a large number of these classes with all the util you needed. :) which is my point about mid keep/defence taking in OF :)

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
I went on alot of HB raids but sorc mezz can be beaten easy by insta's, and lets face it, when it comes to instas mids aint short of them :p
I remember we tried to do a charge and pac healers to use those instas. Problem was that they had to get quite close to get it off, and when it finally got off it didnt really due much of a diffrence.. only "first line" of a small part got mezzed and they where easily and fast demezzed. Meanwhile there was constant spam of first mez, then all forms of DD. Its a reason why we ended up with using the damn GTAE or pulling back for some more intellegent approch later on almost every time. (u needed alot of ppl to make GTAE work though)

Edaemos said:
Alb/mid nukers nuke for the same pretty much, runie/wizzy same spec dd, runie can debuff as can a cabbie. Aye which is one of the reasons why mid was so good in OF in the smaller keeps, because they were your only 2 choices you had a large number of these classes with all the util you needed. :) which is my point about mid keep/defence taking in OF :)
Firewizzies have higher delve DD then RC RM on spec bolts, got possiblity to spec a third lowdmg bolt + weak gtae (50 fire/20 earth or something), nuke as hard as a fullspec Dark RM (RC only got access to 176 DD nukes) and fight only non af specced targets (ie fighting twoboltable targets while not beeing twoboltable himself). Cabbies is one of the casters with highest utility etc in the game, so not gonna start there.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
I remember we tried to do a charge and pac healers to use those instas. Problem was that they had to get quite close to get it off, and when it finally got off it didnt really due much of a diffrence.. only "first line" of a small part got mezzed and they where easily and fast demezzed. Meanwhile there was constant spam of first mez, then all forms of DD. Its a reason why we ended up with using the damn GTAE or pulling back for some more intellegent approch later on almost every time. (u needed alot of ppl to make GTAE work though)

If sorc mezz hits you at bolt range then DD's wont hit you, and you will have enough time to demezz, you have enough healers in middy. If your getting mezzed then nuked then your doing thinsg wrong tbh, its been shown that speed 5/6+insta beats bolt range mezz and tbh in the old keeps you usually brought enough numbers to kill the people on the battlements quite fast.

Overpowered said:
Firewizzies have higher delve DD then RC RM on spec bolts, got possiblity to spec a third lowdmg bolt + weak gtae (50 fire/20 earth or something), nuke as hard as a fullspec Dark RM (RC only got access to 176 DD nukes) and fight only non af specced targets (ie fighting twoboltable targets while not beeing twoboltable himself). Cabbies is one of the casters with highest utility etc in the game, so not gonna start there.

I had a runie and i know the fire wizzy spec DD is slightly higher, but they also have to spec 147 more points to get that bolt :), nuke as hard as a full darkness RM? well RC runies using the highest debuff can do that quite easily while also getting access to nearsight, hell even a runie using the -30% cold resist will still nuke extremely hard and this allows them to spec for pbt also, whilst getting baseline speed :)

As for AF, if mids/hibs don't use AF charges you only have yourselves to blame, we use haste charges when needed *shrugs*, runies aren't a pet class and tbh take out the pet and a runie>>>>>cabbie for util.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
I had a runie and i know the fire wizzy spec DD is slightly higher, but they also have to spec 147 more points to get that bolt :), nuke as hard as a full darkness RM? well RC runies using the highest debuff can do that quite easily while also getting access to nearsight, hell even a runie using the -30% cold resist will still nuke extremely hard and this allows them to spec for pbt also, whilst getting baseline speed :)
Luckely you have no clue about what affects Dps... A firewizard nukes has higher Dps then a RC RM, a firewizard nukes as hard as a darkness RM, however... The darkness RM wont have the bolt'ing ability of a firewiz...

When looking at pure damage, then a firewiz has higher dps then a rm (any type)... When looking at utility, a RM can get a lot more...

If you think, but after debuff I can nuke as hard as a firewiz with my base buff... That might be true, but then your forgetting 1 thing, it requires a setup spell (debuff) which will take 1s to cast... End result is lower Dps... This debuff also has to be recast every 5-8s...

Anyways, back to the topic... I still dont see how midgard was favoured over albion in the previous patches... Nothing changed group wise, and we all know how zerg-wise, individual classes dont matter an awefull lot...

The biggest change was the removal of choke points, and this did not favour alb as realm-design, it didnt favour hib as realm-design and it didnt favour mid as realm-design... It favoured the largest realm, which on our server is Albion... But could well have been another realm...

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
Luckely you have no clue about what affects Dps... A firewizard nukes has higher Dps then a RC RM, a firewizard nukes as hard as a darkness RM, however... The darkness RM wont have the bolt'ing ability of a firewiz...

When looking at pure damage, then a firewiz has higher dps then a rm (any type)... When looking at utility, a RM can get a lot more...

If you think, but after debuff I can nuke as hard as a firewiz with my base buff... That might be true, but then your forgetting 1 thing, it requires a setup spell (debuff) which will take 1s to cast... End result is lower Dps... This debuff also has to be recast every 5-8s...

I made a typo in my post you quoted and said spec DD instead of bolt in my first sentence, which is easy to see if you read the full sentence :)

And where am i wrong? i said they can nuke as hard, ofc the dps won't be as high due having to cast the debuff then nuke, but they still can nuke as hard. Can't ever remember a fire wizzy nuking my healer for 600-800, unike a RC runie 3 shotting my scout with 26 caold resist *shrugs*. Also feel free to quote me saying that the fire wizzy DD is the same or lower DPS than the RC RM base DD after debuff otherwise shut it :)

As for the bolt, yeah i explained that above, wizzies is slightly higher but then again they have to spec 147 points more for it. both have the same delve base bolt but wizzies get a low one in the earth line.

While the runie is slightly behind in "raw" damage dealt the utility they have is much greater, ie access to pbt/nearsight and getting base speed.

[NO]Magmatic said:
Anyways, back to the topic... I still dont see how midgard was favoured over albion in the previous patches

Is that your view now or did that suddenly happen after you moved from albion to middy?

Unless you played middy from the introduction of end regen until the savage fix you won't know how incredibly easy it was for mid groups to tear alb groups apart even if it was double or tripple the numbers, even high RR alb groups.

An example was our guild group in hadrians wall, we were sat near beno as our shammie went LD, so we had no end regen and were missing a few spec buffs, as we only had 1 buffbot. A GoL group consisting of outlaw/zoy/gregorian etc jumped us, 7v8 and we had no end and were a tank group. We won with no deaths, yeah i can't see how previous patches favoured middy either :m00:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
[NO]Magmatic said:
Anyways, back to the topic... I still dont see how midgard was favoured over albion in the previous patches... Nothing changed group wise, and we all know how zerg-wise, individual classes dont matter an awefull lot...
Get real. We all know the reason your group rerolled Midgard was because, and let me paraphrase, "Mid PBAE groups look to be the most viable in NF". Sorry, you're not getting away with this one.

Marc

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Get real. We all know the reason your group rerolled Midgard was because, and let me paraphrase, "Mid PBAE groups look to be the most viable in NF". Sorry, you're not getting away with this one.

I thought it was because they wanted to "farm the noobs"

However, as we all know, the "noobs" have been farming them

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
So? Mid PBAoE is the most viable PBAoE in NF... And I do like to farm n00bs... So shoot me... Nothing amuses me more then one (or all) of our SM's getting 30+ DM's at a tower cause albs make stupid mistakes... It still doesnt change the fact that midgard / hibernia / albion arent favoured by NF, the largest realm is... I dont see how the playstyle that I like, has something to do with the bigger picture called server balance and how it affects RvR in NF...

And Edaemos, I dont know why you havent been hit by Firewizards for 600+, because my firewizard (ok that was pre-nf, rr9, 15% passive piercing) was hitting for 600+ on almost everyone... A firewizard wil hit harder then a RC-RM, even after it debuffed... And more constantly for more damage... The only time this will not be true is when facing extreme resists... And that happens less then one might think...

But, hey, at least I'm not one of the RvR-ruining zergers, /wave @ albs...

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
So? Mid PBAoE is the most viable PBAoE in NF... And I do like to farm n00bs... So shoot me... Nothing amuses me more then one (or all) of our SM's getting 30+ DM's at a tower cause albs make stupid mistakes... It still doesnt change the fact that midgard / hibernia / albion arent favoured by NF, the largest realm is... I dont see how the playstyle that I like, has something to do with the bigger picture called server balance and how it affects RvR in NF...

And Edaemos, I dont know why you havent been hit by Firewizards for 600+, because my firewizard (ok that was pre-nf, rr9, 15% passive piercing) was hitting for 600+ on almost everyone... A firewizard wil hit harder then a RC-RM, even after it debuffed... And more constantly for more damage... The only time this will not be true is when facing extreme resists... And that happens less then one might think...

But, hey, at least I'm not one of the RvR-ruining zergers, /wave @ albs...
yet another one who left alb to re roll...suddenly your not the all powerfull noob farmer you want to be, in fact the noobs are farming you,the grass isn't always greener on the otherside.You obviously read kranes guide to improving your rvr skills...Re roll to the easyest mode at the time, playstyle and server balance lol wot a load of bollox.. you wanted easy mode so re rolled :kissit:

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Iorlas said:
yet another one who left alb to re roll...suddenly your not the all powerfull noob farmer you want to be, in fact the noobs are farming you,the grass isn't always greener on the otherside.You obviously read kranes guide to improving your rvr skills...Re roll to the easyest mode at the time, playstyle and server balance lol wot a load of bollox.. you wanted easy mode so re rolled
Well I could mention all the reasons why we arent as strong as we could have been... But I dont want to bore you with guild matters and I doubt you'd believe me... And even if you did, dont see how it concerns you...

But I still play daoc, I havent quit even though we (as guild) constantly get zerged... If anything, I'm glad I'm not an alb, because alb is running out of enemies... Got a few alb-friends asking me if they can loan some chars so they at least have something to kill...

You can turn around the whole thing and bash me for re-rolling mid... It still doesnt change the fact that albion is ruining rvr for a lot of people due to its numbers... And that NF favours large numbers, more then anything else...

Draxa said:
[12:39pm] [[PV]Pantera] Wilddork|Draxa I thought that fg vs fg wasnt dead ? ;)
[12:39pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] it is now
[12:39pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] ^^
[12:39pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] well it was yesterdya
[12:39pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] yesterday*
[12:39pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] but
[12:39pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] OF was fg fight, fg fight, zerg, fg fight, fg fight, zerg, zerg
[12:40pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] now its just plain zerg :(
[12:40pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] would have been better if all the fg people didnt quit before NF came out.. :(
[12:40pm] [[PV]Pantera] well dont blame mids, cause we constantly run into alb zergs
[12:40pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] the landscape is great.. porting/boat is nice
[12:40pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] ye alb zerg is so annoying
[12:40pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] they add everytime
[12:40pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] :|
Even the fellow albs that liked FG vs FG fights, are saying NF sucks a lot of times... Take your own conclusions from that... But I'm sure a lot of mids and hibs have quit because FG vs FG is nearly dead, sure if you search long enough you'll find some FG vs FG action, but most of the time its zergs... And a lot of people dont enjoy that...

It just sucks that, as mid, you finally get 130 people together, you take beno, and albion comes knocking on your door with 200 people asking you to return back to Midgard... Its real fun, honest :rolleyes:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:

This just sounds like a long-winded whine that you cant farm those noobs as much as you planned when you moved to mid.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
This just sounds like a long-winded whine that you cant farm those noobs as much as you planned when you moved to mid.
I'm sorry indeed your right... ... ... Honest ... ... Really ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom