Alb v Mid keep taking.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
incidentally what's with the double the numbers - we've got 40% you have 35% - that's not a double the amount.... if it is then it's down to the ones quitting over no relics, nothing to do with the albs playing.

as far as i know the current status is 50% albs, 30% mids, 20% hibs, not sure if its true but it definitely looks that way.. hardly any mids around, just albs

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
as far as i know the current status is 50% albs, 30% mids, 20% hibs, not sure if its true but it definitely looks that way.. hardly any mids around, just albs

He was referring to active accounts - people choosing not to play because they have no relics (i.e.Kindergard) is very different to having a low population (i.e. Hibernia).

bjorne

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
well.. i can only speak for the albs side here...

ok they work on yer keep.. so f'kn what.... but what the l was up with mids and hibs working together so coordinated today? or was that pure "coincidence" that you guys happened to be at the same keep taking towers?

I´ll gladly cooperate with hibs any day, cause as it is neither side has number to match albs ofc we should work togeather. if i have a the possabillity to kill an alb instead of a hib i´ll choose the alb 10 times of 10.

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Well we kinda made the albs come after Nott, didn't we? Was expecting Bled to fall withing an hour after they'd taken Beno myself.

Nicely fougth albs, hope to see you (although maybe not all of you) in future keeptakes ;)

Kind regards

illu

Part of the furniture
I think at the end of the day - all people want is balance.

The game is boring when someone on the same RR level as you (or even a couple lower) wipes the floor with you, or wherever you fight you get jumped by multiple enemy.

Mids seem to take a lot of trouble to even take a tower, and if we get it, it seems Albs retake it in a matter of minutes. Albs take a tower in Mid, you won't get the albs out. Then another tower goes, then another, then keep raid.

I have a thick skin and will get killed 10 times just to get 1 or 2 kills, as it is funny sometimes, but I think people's patience is wearing thin, and at the end of the day, this is a game, and the game is played for fun. It's becoming too much of a chore to gain RPs, and I think people are just waiting for it to get more balanced again (ie the Realms have their own Relics back for starters).

And if you want to take keeps in the middle of the night - fair enough. It is a 24/7 game, and maybe the only way to stop people moaning about night time relic raids would be to remove relics when the server population was low, and have them available for getting say between 6pm-2am.

If fact what might be even better would be for every month to reset the relics. At least then you know that you will only be at a disadvantage for a finite amount of time, and there might be a chance of seeing Darkness Falls sometime in the year.

Even crafting is fun compared to RvR at the mo :>

Oli - Illu

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
people are just waiting for it to get more balanced again (ie the Realms have their own Relics back for starters)....

If fact what might be even better would be for every month to reset the relics. At least then you know that you will only be at a disadvantage for a finite amount of time, and there might be a chance of seeing Darkness Falls sometime in the year.

Lovely to see an honest mid :fluffle:

You know, we didn't have the relics for the best part of 2 years and rarely saw DF in that time don't you? (And guess what, we all carried on playing) ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
He was referring to active accounts - people choosing not to play because they have no relics (i.e.Kindergard) is very different to having a low population (i.e. Hibernia).

when albs got relics their rvr population increased a lot also, so you're being a bit of a hypocrit there really

you don't honestly believe people like 'Deatharroww' and 'Thebadbadger' in their coral armor with atens shields to rvr as much as they do now when their damage drops dramatically without relics? Currenly every warder and their dog can hit for massive ammounts of damage, it simply isn't fun to play against superiour odds with big damage advantages all the time.

Just look at OF emain. Whichever realm had the best groups out, 'killed' rvr for that day. The winning group would eventually be running alone in emain because all competition got bored of losing. It's exactely the same thing with relics, if you keep losing all the time, it's no fun, so you log. If its the same thing every day, you stop playing.

The realm with the biggest population AND damage bonuses will eventually scare off a lot of people because they are simply unbeatable, on nearly every fight i have against albs i have to deal with adds. I'm lucky if i can get more than one kill per death, its no fun, hence i stopped playing my ns.

It's not childish at all to stop playing when you lose relics, if in their situation, it makes it impossible to have fun in rvr.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Splendid said:
Right back at ya
:m00:

Thx Splendid! And for NoobStalker:

Really, I'll just start with the Archer as this is the char I know best and I believe you have a Archer, so feel free to correct me:

1) A Scout has superior range to Hunter, (Scout can reach top of level 10 keeps, Hunters I don't think can.)
2) A Scout has slower bows (5.8) than a Hunter (5.3) thus do more damage on every shot
3) A Scout has the engage ability to protect him/herself from other archers, their main enemy
4) Archers were given QuickFire which negated the Hunters advantage of faster bow for interrupts.
5) A Scout has a 9 second anytime stun (Slam if speced) compared to Hunters rear positional 5 second stun (if speced).
6) A Scout has evade 3 and hunters have evade 2
7) A Scout has best Race, Saracen has 10 dex more than Kobold (and quick is easy to cap.)
8) Scout has good Mele lines, Spear has -neg defence on all useful anytime styles
9) Scouts have access to pure dex weapons, Hunters don’t. (I’m assuming Thrust is pure dex).

If you look up a recent post by Aussie on Albion forum you'll see him say that Hunters are trivial to kill and should be no worry to a Scout.

If you look on Hibernia forum you'll see some rangers saying how they felt sorry for Hunters who were "in need of loving".

Obviously don't take my word for it, lets look at last weeks RPs....
On:
http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/characterrank.php?server=Excalibur&realm=&order=lastweek

Out of top 100 RP whores last week
15 Scouts
6 Rangers
2 Hunters
Seven scouts in top 40 and number 1 RP earner is funnily enough a Scout, the first ranger comes in at 41 and the first Hunter in at 81!!!!!

Ok so hunters have
1) a speed burst which always drops, either by wolf, bow or spear proc, or an Alb sneezing in Camelot
2) A wolf that is bugged and won't travel in and out of water and can be killed in 4 melee hits or 2 bow hits, it runs as fast as an average house brick and is level 42, but ok it can interrupt if it can actually get to its target.
3) Spear which hits hard but it has to get past the evade 3 and shield first

Come on then NoobStalker, where's your well founded argument, or are you a typical Alb all mouth and no brain?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
1) A Scout has superior range to Hunter, (Scout can reach top of level 10 keeps, Hunters I don't think can.)
2) A Scout has slower bows (5.8) than a Hunter (5.3) thus do more damage on every shot
3) A Scout has the engage ability to protect him/herself from other archers, their main enemy
4) Archers were given QuickFire which negated the Hunters advantage of faster bow for interrupts.
5) A Scout has a 9 second anytime stun (Slam if speced) compared to Hunters rear positional 5 second stun (if speced).
6) A Scout has evade 3 and hunters have evade 2
7) A Scout has best Race, Saracen has 10 dex more than Kobold (and quick is easy to cap.)
8) Scout has good Mele lines, Spear has -neg defence on all useful anytime styles
9) Scouts have access to pure dex weapons, Hunters don’t. (I’m assuming Thrust is pure dex).

1) dunno
2) true, overtime damage will be the same though
3) engage is crazy, true
4) shrug, overtime damage is the same either way
5) rear stun is 7-8 sec and costs a lot less end, but yes when slam lands you have to purge or you're dead
6) shrug
7) true
8) defence bonus doesnt do much afaik, at least not for evade
9) thrust is str/dex, same as spear, but i think spear is 75% str 25% dex, not totally sure tho!

+ hunters have pet which should dramatically decrease block chance of a small shield

- hunters have slash weak armour which is basically incredibly annoying

- hunters cant get spec af from their bb

--------

overall id say scout is the better archer but hunters aren't too far behind if played well, the difference isnt as big as you make it out to be ;)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
1) dunno
2) true, overtime damage will be the same though
3) engage is crazy, true
4) shrug, overtime damage is the same either way
5) rear stun is 7-8 sec and costs a lot less end, but yes when slam lands you have to purge or you're dead
6) shrug
7) true
8) defence bonus doesnt do much afaik, at least not for evade
9) thrust is str/dex, same as spear, but i think spear is 75% str 25% dex, not totally sure tho!

+ hunters have pet which should dramatically decrease block chance of a small shield

- hunters have slash weak armour which is basically incredibly annoying

- hunters cant get spec af from their bb

--------

overall id say scout is the better archer but hunters aren't too far behind if played well, the difference isnt as big as you make it out to be ;)

2) Not entierly true becuase of Critshot.
4) I was commenting about interupting ability really, not DoT.
5) Rear stun, Razor Edge is 5 seconds: http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Hunter
9) Spear is 50/50 so I'll concede that point to you:)

For your plus you do assume that the Hunter has managed to cast pet before being Slamed :) !

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:

Yes its only because of the relic status that lots of people in mid dont play more, its not because NF is so damn fecking boring .. not at all.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
even with the slowest bow its still perma interrupt if the archer keeps firing, so that doesn't really matter. and yes casting an insta pet should be doable before getting slammed ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
the snare is very nasty tbh :(

and yeah the stun is 5s, sorry, really felt like 7+ :p

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

You dont think it could be that when mids have relics many mids rvr´ed, and less albs did, so and when albs got relics, more albs started to rvr, and some mids stopped? Which kinda makes the pop-difference even bigger when albs have relics, those albs that didnt rvr because of no relics are out in rvr now, and those mids that did rvr because we had relics, are not out. I agree its sad people depend on relics to play tho, but I am pretty happy we never had power relics, it would feel boring to nuke for 20% less all of a sudden, just as I can imagine its boring to hit for 20% less, but I wouldnt let it affect my gameplay.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I think at the end of the day - all people want is balance.

The game is boring when someone on the same RR level as you (or even a couple lower) wipes the floor with you, or wherever you fight you get jumped by multiple enemy.

Mids seem to take a lot of trouble to even take a tower, and if we get it, it seems Albs retake it in a matter of minutes. Albs take a tower in Mid, you won't get the albs out. Then another tower goes, then another, then keep raid.

I have a thick skin and will get killed 10 times just to get 1 or 2 kills, as it is funny sometimes, but I think people's patience is wearing thin, and at the end of the day, this is a game, and the game is played for fun. It's becoming too much of a chore to gain RPs, and I think people are just waiting for it to get more balanced again (ie the Realms have their own Relics back for starters).

And if you want to take keeps in the middle of the night - fair enough. It is a 24/7 game, and maybe the only way to stop people moaning about night time relic raids would be to remove relics when the server population was low, and have them available for getting say between 6pm-2am.

Even crafting is fun compared to RvR at the mo :>

Oli - Illu

The problem with this statement is that 2 months ago it could easily have been written by an Alb...and Mids would say "learn tactics", "get skills", "learn how to play"

RvR wasn't much fun for the average Alb in OF. Did you care?

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
The problem with this statement is that 2 months ago it could easily have been written by an Alb...and Mids would say "learn tactics", "get skills", "learn how to play"

spot on .... you just forgot the "get a template"

Marc

FH is my second home
Killrake said:
Marc did u fell and hurt ur head when u was a kid? :eek7:
Or u maybe have not yet fully developed brain? or?

i could tell you a funny story about me falling on my head when i was a little kid but u wouldnt find it funny cos your such a miserable get

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
some random whine

my god... go ask Hellghost and Powerslave how to play.... and no, its not due to their RR... they ALWAYS played good.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Nebel said:
Some Albtastic insult and pointless flame.....

I know how to play my hunter thx very much and I personally don't give a flying fig that Scout > Hunter either, I play the class because it is difficult (hence fun) and have to constantly think what I should be doing, unlike my Warrior which I didn’t have to do.

My post wasn't about whether I knew how to play an archer or not so go read the post again retard. I said Scout > Hunter and some Alb noob disagreed so I backed up my original statement. If you disagree provide argument or shut the fuck up.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
when albs got relics their rvr population increased a lot also, so you're being a bit of a hypocrit there really

Wrong in every sense. The alb rvr population increased in NF as RvR became more accessible - before we got any relics. It's remained constant ever since. In OF whether we had relics or not the alb rvr population remained constant.

Vodkafairy said:
It's not childish at all to stop playing when you lose relics, if in their situation, it makes it impossible to have fun in rvr.

Whether you have relics or not doesn't determine whether it's possible to have fun in rvr. So don't exaggerate. Huge population imbalance might, but not whether you have relics or not. We managed it for 2 years.

There is a difference between people who don't play because they only like fg rvr (fair enough) or because their realm is genuinely underpopulated (i.e. hibernia), and people who don't play because they don't have relics (which is pitiful). Kindergard seems to have more than their fair share of the latter.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
You dont think it could be that when mids have relics many mids rvr´ed, and less albs did, so and when albs got relics, more albs started to rvr, and some mids stopped? Which kinda makes the pop-difference even bigger when albs have relics, those albs that didnt rvr because of no relics are out in rvr now, and those mids that did rvr because we had relics, are not out. I agree its sad people depend on relics to play tho, but I am pretty happy we never had power relics, it would feel boring to nuke for 20% less all of a sudden, just as I can imagine its boring to hit for 20% less, but I wouldnt let it affect my gameplay.

Alb rvr pop has remained pretty constant, with or without relics. A fair number of mids left because they only like fg rvr of course - but that was the same in all realms. As for the one's who only play when they got relics, I actually think it's a shame for the mids still playing that they got deserted by the glory hunters who are waiting for them to get the goodies back in 1.71 before playing again.

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
I said Scout > Hunter and some Alb noob disagreed so I backed up my original statement. If you disagree provide argument or shut the fuck up.

Depends on the situation... in keep/tower-fights?...sure
in melee?...certainly not if the scout is sniper-specced.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
I guess they dont have anything against us doing AC raids then, count me in :clap:
yes we was raiding your relics.... ooooop's i just remembered. you have NON :( o well i guess the albs got mixed up with hib frontier huh?

big difference opening DF than to take keeps for relics. (afaik mid DID have DF)

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
incidentally what's with the double the numbers - we've got 40% you have 35% - that's not a double the amount.... if it is then it's down to the ones quitting over no relics, nothing to do with the albs playing.
And again:
Active Characters 4,594 (45%) 2,280 (22%) 3,347 (33%) 10,221
http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/generalstats.php

Its gotten better though. Was 46% / 31%couple of days ago. Could be the planned keepraid though.. such stuff attracts ppl, including me :)

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
True true, but what do u call it when ppl leave due to not having any fun whatsoever fighting 2x their number all the time any time of the day?
Skilgannon said:

Not a nice thing to say, but to prove my point Ill continue on it.. you didnt learn tactics, get skills, get a template or learn how to play. You got given an addon that altered RvR completely so that numbers ment almost everything.. then you started winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom