Action to take following GOA's reaction to TT and Black Falcon members

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Snipped the rest cause it wasn't relevant to my answer.
I bet u would feel a bit frustrated if all your siege and achievemnts on 1 night would be pved back the next morning, and when u log back in u'll have to go through the shit of retaking keeps YET again with, let's say, 20 animist and 30 bainshee waiting for ya i guess?
But ofc u don't see the problem since it's Albs who AC back the things.
Not at all. I really like siege. I'd love to be in a keep fight every night. I wouldn't care if it was the same keep every night. Hell I'd still join in keep takes if the frontier got reset every night. Like I said, I find keep fights fun. More keep fights = more fun for me, it's not a chore it's a game.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
Hit them where it hurts, in the pocket. Stop paying them each month, then see what they do. As long as they have cash coming in they really won't be arsed about a petition.

I am not a pussy, I am a realist, and this is a reality check for you and anyone else who thinks this is going to make any difference.

Here I totally disagree - until we know what is actually happening we cannot make a clear decision. First the claim needs to be made and then it has to be after that we can resolve what to do.

If you are a realist you must first establish what is actually 'real'. I hope you understand me.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Moaning Myrtle said:
Hit them where it hurts, in the pocket. Stop paying them each month, then see what they do. As long as they have cash coming in they really won't be arsed about a petition.

I couldnt agree more works in every situation. Take example of smoking, they asked people for years to cut down stop smoking as it is bad for health etc and it didnt make a blind bit of difference, they started taxing the living shit out of ciggies and hey presto people all started to stop smoking (this is in the uk anyway).

Calo

Part of the furniture
tierk said:
I couldnt agree more works in every situation. Take example of smoking, they asked people for years to cut down stop smoking as it is bad for health etc and it didnt make a blind bit of difference, they started taxing the living shit out of ciggies and hey presto people all started to stop smoking (this is in the uk anyway).

Most ppl will keep paying the price for ciggies...

Really doesn't help that much, its just a smart move to get more money from the people.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Calo said:
Most ppl will keep paying the price for ciggies...

Really doesn't help that much, its just a smart move to get more money from the people.

You are actually wrong , i cant give you exact figures but a hell of lot less people smoke ciggies today in uk then they did since they decided to smack a mother load of tax on it. Same applies also to cars the more tax on fuel the more people start to use public transport and hence less people driving. Another example is the tax they charging on cars to come into central london and guess what? A hell of a lot less cars in central london then there was before the tax was brought in (sorry cant remeber what they call the car tax, been away from london almost 1.5 yrs now).

EDIT****

lol just remembered its called congestion charge!! :D

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
tierk said:
Heh, I'd quit smoking if I had to pay four quid a pack :x

Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
You fucking clown shoes.

And that my friend, will never happen. People hardly ever unite against a common goal at the best of times - and it's not going to happen over a game. And - even if it did and players do unite to some degree (as some have - TT /respect for your stand) or a portion of people move on as some have done so (US & Avalon) - it won't change a damn thing and in all honesty we are all kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

GOA are way to arrogant and perhaps too stupid to ever listen to us - the hand that feeds them! (they have us by the balls - 4years+ investment of time in a number of toons is not easily thrown away by many so we continue to pay!) They would (IMHO) rather have v.low/zero (harsh perhaps) player base than admit there's a problem. There in lies the issue - is there a problem? AC raids - damn unsociable on a cluster such as the size of this one, mainly because it's not 24/7 RVR - but against the rules? Hardly! It's not good for the three realms as a whole but there is not a damn thing anyone (or GOA) can do about it. Those who do it - are quite within their right to do so and those who release keeps are quite within their rights to do so (and I don't agree with GOA for the bans) We are all free to play how we see fit as long as it'a within the rules. What would be nice is people who DO carry out AC raids - be mindful of the fact that you won't have anyone to RVR against if the cluster dies :( - is an empty sever REALLY worth 10% melee? or 10% power?

And the problem as I see it is to a greater degree is that of peoples attitude on the cluster; and that is not solvable by GOA. Some people reading these forums always resort to petty flame baiting and slanging matches rather than to unite as a player base and adopt an "attitude adjustment" to make the game more fun and last just that little bit longer.

The game (sadly) shows it's age now and people are chomping at the bit for a replacement and pin their hopes on WAR. I love playing DAoC and have been here since release pretty much (damn you TBA!) and though I've tried some other MMORPG's such as WOW - I still prefer DAoC every time but unless GOA advertise the game (methinks of the current WOW advert doing the rounds) and actually spend some of the friggin cash they have clawed back over the years and concentrate on advertising to get new blood it (DAoC) will dwindle and fizzle out - perhaps with the exception of the die hard "EQ" type player base.

Sad - but true :(

tierk

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Heh, I'd quit smoking if I had to pay four quid a pack :x

Think you will find they over 5 quid now less something happened since i was last there.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
What if GOA investigate the issue?

OK for one if they do they will indicate that they have listened. A little acknoweldgement that our concerns are legitimate would go a long way Chretien rather than telling us to get our heads seen to as you did earlier.

How can they do this?

Look at the logs of those who have taken Hibernian relics over the last few months. Many of the players present may well have just joined a raid that was on going during their normal pattern of play. Clearly these people have not been AC raiding. What however if they find that there is say 10-15 people who have repeatedly logged in shortly before the first attack began in a number of these raids?

In order for this claim to be sustained we have to a) have people who do log in outside of their normal playing pattern and b) to have done it repeatedly.

Now chretien are you going to tell me that this is not a constructive thing to do? In one swipe GOA can pop the bubble or they can get the kudos for taking a significant porportion of people's concerns as something worth investigating and addressing.

Sharkith,

Have you asked GOA to do this ?

Sounds like a lot of work to me, but I agree it could either expose certain beliefs as false, or support them. It's certainly a better approach in my view than petitions, cancelling subs and leaving the server.

Darzil

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
Sharkith,

Have you asked GOA to do this ?

Sounds like a lot of work to me, but I agree it could either expose certain beliefs as false, or support them. It's certainly a better approach in my view than petitions, cancelling subs and leaving the server.

Darzil

Darzil,

I am in the process of bringing the concerns expressed in this thread to the attention of GOA. I have had some really good feedback from Requiel and I intend to work towards a clarification of the issue.

Just to be clear the petition makes this easier to do because it indicates the strength of feeling. It cannot be seen as a representative action for the server as a whole because it is polemical by nature. I am simply trying to ascertain the extent of the perception and then to see what if anything can be done to see if it can be confirmed or rejected.

I have had some good answers and I would like a bit more time to get it completely clear. I would never want to make things worse by misquoting GOA for example.

I will follow it all up with a statement and clarification of the issue for people to see. Thanks for your support though I appreciate it.

:)

Sharkith

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
kk lfame me if you must but inst the really problem that 1 may be 2 fg of albs AC ing the relics
so may be get mythic/goa to change the bit of code, where you have to stand on the pad think i drops now with nay number may be change it to 4fg must be stood on it or near it after say midnight that way if its an epic battle that carries on with the two realms still fighting the relics could still be taken.

or up the number of npc guards goes up in number and level if the number of realm defenders are below a certain number after midnight,

i think both of these ideas could be looked at it still gives AC a possibilllity but the number would have to be a lot greater and then (albs) cant just say its this small minority of peeps (which i still think it is)

and before you ask why is this relative to this thread well i dont think it fair waht TT felt forced to do, and i dont think we are going to make any difference to there ban (its nearly over afaik).
but if we all signed to say make ACing relics much much hard (ie impossable with out a full size zerg after midnight. then TT and others would have to risk getting banned.

and yes i am alb and yes i have rvred at 3am but its genrally solo on a stealther and only messing about with the odd fight every now and again.

any way like i said flame if you want but i think its a good idea and relative

ps signed any way

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Can't be bothered to read all while I'm at work but, if you only play PvE your still paying your subs?

All out cancelation of accounts for one month should do more.

Nate

FH is my second home
Seems chretien has no legs to stand on anymore as he's avoiding replying to your essay post Sharky, well done :) Seems you've finally put him in his place and now your free to continue your action! :D hope to see something come of this :)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
Seems chretien has no legs to stand on anymore as he's avoiding replying to your essay post Sharky, well done :) Seems you've finally put him in his place and now your free to continue your action! :D hope to see something come of this :)
Not at all. I still think that what Sharkith is doing is wrong and for the reasons I gave earlier. I'm not going to continue to debate it however because I don't think there's much chance of my view or his view ever coinciding. I have better things to do with my time than continue arguments on the internet which aren't ever going to result in any kind of agreement.

He's always been 'free to continue'. Last I checked he didn't need to ask my permission, he was however asking for opinions so I gave him mine.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
Not at all. I still think that what Sharkith is doing is wrong and for the reasons I gave earlier. I'm not going to continue to debate it however because I don't think there's much chance of my view or his view ever coinciding. I have better things to do with my time than continue arguments on the internet which aren't ever going to result in any kind of agreement.

He's always been 'free to continue'. Last I checked he didn't need to ask my permission, he was however asking for opinions so I gave him mine.

I'm sure you Forum name should be CRETIN as I think you view has not been shared by all.

Soulja

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
I'm sure you Forum name should be CRETIN as I think you view has not been shared by all.

Soulja
I know it must be difficult and confusing now that you're finding hair growing in strange places, but please try and stay off the internet until you've passed puberty. You'll thank me for that advice later when you realise what a cock you made of yourself at the time.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
I know it must be difficult and confusing now that you're finding hair growing in strange places, but please try and stay off the internet until you've passed puberty. You'll thank me for that advice later when you realise what a cock you made of yourself at the time.

If you like carry on Pm me as I think posting more on Forum has got to much for you.

Soulja

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
Darzil,

I am in the process of bringing the concerns expressed in this thread to the attention of GOA. I have had some really good feedback from Requiel and I intend to work towards a clarification of the issue.

Just to be clear the petition makes this easier to do because it indicates the strength of feeling. It cannot be seen as a representative action for the server as a whole because it is polemical by nature. I am simply trying to ascertain the extent of the perception and then to see what if anything can be done to see if it can be confirmed or rejected.

I have had some good answers and I would like a bit more time to get it completely clear. I would never want to make things worse by misquoting GOA for example.

I will follow it all up with a statement and clarification of the issue for people to see. Thanks for your support though I appreciate it.

Sharkith

This sounds great Sharkith!:)
Really interrested in seeing what GoAs response on the reaction to this issue is!:)

And to be honest, it would be nice to know that the actually recognize the state of the server, not just in numbers, but also in the mindset.

/Charmangle

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
ok all responses in. I am really happy that GOA have clarified everything however I need time to do this right - expect a new thread clarifying things later this evening.

In response to chretien:

I debate to understand I see no need to have to agree.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Hmm, after a very long read of the various threads. I will sign this petition. I have been out of the game for some time now, but had been considering coming back. On the basis of this, I have serious reservations and now have decided to go to lord of the rings online when it comes out next year.

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
You know, after reading all the dramaqueen posts and the cries of outrage, you'd swear the guilds in question had been given the death sentence or something. If people showed as much outcry and put in as much effort into real social injustices as they do with A GAME, the world would be a much better place.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Amadeus said:
You know, after reading all the dramaqueen posts and the cries of outrage, you'd swear the guilds in question had been given the death sentence or something. If people showed as much outcry and put in as much effort into real social injustices as they do with A GAME, the world would be a much better place.

What makes you think some of us aren't doing that? What makes you think that some of us play this game to get away from struggling with social issues?

Try-putting-brain-into-gear-before-posting-please.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
What makes you think some of us aren't doing that? What makes you think that some of us play this game to get away from struggling with social issues?

Very well put Sharkith...

With all the injustice and atrocities towards the law taking place in the world today it is all the more important to stand up against that kind of behaviour anywhere it takes place. And you really really really dont want it in the part of your life you pay money to have fun in.

/Charmangle

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i canceld my subs and mybe go play US if i care to play again...

what is happening whit TT members and overall whit this cluster is bullshit... i cba enymore... its just pointles to run against a brick wall.... thats what it feels like when ur playing against idiots who dont care for others in the server.... its a FUCKING multiplayer game.... you have to think about others allso

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Goa made their decision and they will have to live with it, it was a huge mistake and they totally misjudged the situation and feelings of players, they crossed the line of interfering with in-game politics (imo FH in many ways is an extension of this as we cant communicate in-game) we can voice our opinion but as has been shown, they really couldn't care less about what the players think. there is no point continuing to complain about them, just let your money talk, cancel your subs and quit or move to the US server. I cant really understand people saying right GOA suck, i am off to Avalon, its like saying this pub sucks! while standing in the bar then moving round to the lounge bar.

anyway if GOA want WaR to be a success in Europe they really need to up their game. EA are watching and i doubt they will put up with this sort of ineptitude from their Euro partners.

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
What makes you think some of us aren't doing that?

Never said I thought everyone wasn't.

Sharkith said:
What makes you think that some of us play this game to get away from struggling with social issues?

Never said that either

Sharkith said:

Try-not-getting-so-defensive-at-an-purely-observational-post-and-including-a-directed-insult

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Amadeus said:
Never said I thought everyone wasn't.

Never said that either

ahh so you never said anything really?

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
ahh so you never said anything really?

*sigh*

ok, you win, your e-peen is bigger than mine, your dad can beat up my dad, you win the Internet etc. etc. etc.

What I posted was an observational, general remark, not directed at anyone, a whimsical thought that came into my head while I was reading all the posts. You misinterpreted it as an attack and threw a personal insult my way. Very big of you.

This is why I never post, couldnt be bothered with pissing contests

/signs out

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I think TT/BF got what they deserved, it is classed as griefing - They had a keep at L1 on purpose, they baited GOA, they got stung. If you write to magazines & online sites about a dieing out 6 year old game with low EU playerbase, they may take a look but the banter will just get less people playing the game, which ultimately dismisses the whole point of writng to them in the first place - I really don't understand how seriously some people take this game, in real life grief and pain? Fuck me, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom