Action to take following GOA's reaction to TT and Black Falcon members

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
OK I said I would not be posting here again but after GOA's response to TT and Black Falcons I simply cannot sit down and allow this to go unchallenged. It is extremely important that people who are opposed to this respond and respond emphatically. This message is for those who are opposed to those actions the rest of you are welcome to read you can even respond I doubt you will have much to add since I have put up with most of you screaming rape for three days now.

Now the gloves are off and I promise if people are angry enough and insulted enough that we can do quite a bit to make GOA's life deeply uncomfortable.

The first thing I have done is to organise an online petition on the subject. It states the following:

Sharkith said:
We the undersigned object to the actions by the Company GOA in the banning of members of Tedius Ten and Black Falcons under the rules of the Code of Conduct for behaviour defined by them as 'griefing' and 'against the spirit of the game'. We subscribe to the following definition of griefing produced at research on the subject and note that GOA's definition is specifically missing:

"Play styles that disrupt another player's gaming experience, usually with specific intention to. When the act is not specifically intended to disrupt and yet the actor is the sole beneficiary, it is greed play, a subtle form of grief play." (Yang-Foo, 2004; p. 11)

It is our view from statements presented on the public forums that TT members did not specifically 'intend' to disrupt the vast majority of Albion members gaming experience because it was stated time and again that those players were more than welcome to defend the keep and that under normal circumstances they would have done so themselves. Their intent was to make a statement to draw attention to the actions of the real 'griefers' in this sorry state of affairs. If other parties like GOA have interpreted TT and Black Falcons intent to be one of griefing they have done so without reference to the actual statements made by the people specifically banned.

GOA are unilaterally acting to make members of TT and Black Falcons scape goats for their own inability to manage the UK servers and it's community.

GOA's statement that TT and Black Falcons acted against the spirit of the game side steps the issue that the actions of the minority of AC raiders are deliberately intended to disrupt and therefore grief the rest of players on the Excal and Prydwen cluster. They are acting unethically because they have singularly failed in their duty of care to apply their rules equally to the minority of people who have for several months now gone out of their way to disrupt life on our server. We are therefore demanding that GOA take similar action against those who have made our lives miserable by griefing through their constant and sequenced Alarm Clock raids.

Sincerely

UK Player Dark age of Camelot

References
Chek Yang Foo, (2004) "Redefining Grief Play.", paper presented to the Other Players Conference, Center for Computer Games Research, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 6-8 Deceomber 2004. (Proceedings available at: http://itu.dk/op/proceedings.htm

The petition is here if you are against GOA's actions please go along and sign it!

The next stages
I would request that anyone wishing to take things further rightnow GOA on all accounts a message to the following effect. Please keep it civilised and dignified:

letter to GOA said:
Dear GOA,

I am 'rightnowing' my objections to your decision as a company to ban members of TT and Black Falcons for a period of five days. You have misrepresented their actions and you have misrepresented us as a community. Your actions have done nothing but served to encourage the people who have been 'griefing' us for the last 6 months through a play style that disrupts our gaming experience (Yang-Foo, 2004).

I am therefore asking you to take responsibility and act towards those who have done this on a repeated basis by banning them for destroying my in game time on numerous occassions. I want you to know I am deeply aggrieved by your actions and I deeply oppose yuour position on this.

sincerely

<name>

Strike action
This is the clincher for me. GOA said that TT and Black Falcons deliberately and intentionally went out of their way to disrupt the game for others. Everyone now act in solidarity with TT and Black Falcons. Challenge that action by GOA by a) /signing this thread and the petition and stating you will not be in RvR for 10 days. Lets see them ban us all it is an intentional act to do this after all?

Anyone opposed to GOA's actions should follow the lead of TD alliance and go back to PvE for a period of 10 days. I agree with them dropping keeps in Hib is a good idea I would ask Albs, Mids and Hibs who agree to follow suit. Make this as strong a statement as you can and ignore that happens in game. For us the Realm Defense game does not exist and we will not be going to take part in any form of RvR of this nature. (rerolling Avalon might be smart btw).

Send as strong a message as you can that you are unhappy. Dare GOA to ban you for denying the griefers any form of RvR for a time. Lets see how their definition goes under these circumstances.

Public letters to gaming forums and magazines
As you can see I am not fucking around. Yes start writing to MMO online and PC games magazines - tell them about what happened. Stir up as much as you can. Make the MMO and gaming industry take notice. You can make a difference - people will not agree and will poo poo this but if enough of us act we can make sure that GOA get noticed for treating us in a way that totally over rode a significant porportion of the community. This time we need to act and fast.

Thats it for now I would ask those in favour to make a brief comment as follows:
Sharkith - I am publicly withdrawing from RvR on this server for a period of 10 days with the sole intent of disrupting the gaming experience of those that have made my life a misery here from time to time over the last year.

Please do not respond to flame baits or get into any wrangling. respect that we have to do this with dignity. Hot heads please act politically for once and make sure this message is as emphatic as it can be.

In 10 days I am going to see just how much can be achieved when people are as upset as I know they are.

Contact me on NFD boards and please folks this will make a statement remember it is in solidarity and we stand together - no point fighting over this anymore. Its time to act and do it clearly for as many people to see as we can get to look at it.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
OK I said I would not be posting here again but after GOA's response to TT and Black Falcons I simply cannot sit down and allow this to go unchallenged. It is extremely important that people who are opposed to this respond and respond emphatically. This message is for those who are opposed to those actions the rest of you are welcome to read you can even respond I doubt you will have much to add since I have put up with most of you screaming rape for three days now.

Now the gloves are off and I promise if people are angry enough and insulted enough that we can do quite a bit to make GOA's life deeply uncomfortable.

The first thing I have done is to organise an online petition on the subject. It states the following:

The petition is here if you are against GOA's actions please go along and sign it!

The next stages
I would request that anyone wishing to take things further rightnow GOA on all accounts a message to the following effect. Please keep it civilised and dignified:

Strike action
This is the clincher for me. GOA said that TT and Black Falcons deliberately and intentionally went out of their way to disrupt the game for others. Everyone now act in solidarity with TT and Black Falcons. Challenge that action by GOA by a) /signing this thread and the petition and stating you will not be in RvR for 10 days. Lets see them ban us all it is an intentional act to do this after all?

Anyone opposed to GOA's actions should follow the lead of TD alliance and go back to PvE for a period of 10 days. I agree with them dropping keeps in Hib is a good idea I would ask Albs, Mids and Hibs who agree to follow suit. Make this as strong a statement as you can and ignore that happens in game. For us the Realm Defense game does not exist and we will not be going to take part in any form of RvR of this nature. (rerolling Avalon might be smart btw).

Send as strong a message as you can that you are unhappy. Dare GOA to ban you for denying the griefers any form of RvR for a time. Lets see how their definition goes under these circumstances.

As you can see I am not fucking around. Yes start writing to MMO online and PC games magazines - tell them about what happened. Stir up as much as you can. Make the MMO and gaming industry take notice. You can make a difference - people will not agree and will poo poo this but if enough of us act we can make sure that GOA get noticed for treating us in a way that totally over rode a significant porportion of the community. This time we need to act and fast.

Thats it for now I would ask those in favour to make a brief comment as follows:
Sharkith - I am publicly withdrawing from RvR on this server for a period of 10 days with the sole intent of disrupting the gaming experience of those that have made my life a misery here from time to time over the last year.

Please do not respond to flame baits or get into any wrangling. respect that we have to do this with dignity. Hot heads please act politically for once and make sure this message is as emphatic as it can be.

In 10 days I am going to see just how much can be achieved when people are as upset as I know they are.

Contact me on NFD boards and please folks this will make a statement remember it is in solidarity and we stand together - no point fighting over this anymore. Its time to act and do it clearly for as many people to see as we can get to look at it.

The major alliances on Hib have already taken the action of releasing all keeps/twrs I guess this falls in nicley with that you are doing.

Every bit helps.

Eble

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Im in hard work on it atm...just need to fill up with...

Working on it atm, contacting people etc, just need to go to the store and fill up on supplies..."Its going to be a loooong night!"

/Charmangle

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Aye gonna send links to threads and a resume of what happened to major magazines also, let's see what happens, worth a shot anyway.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Whilst I disagree with GOA's action on this matter, this paragraph :

"GOA are unilaterally acting to make members of TT and Black Falcons scape goats for their own inability to manage the UK servers and it's community."

suggests that you want GOA to tell us how to play the game, rather than letting the community decide how to play the game.

I'm not sure how GOA can fix the current issues on the servers, as they are to do with having a badly split community (just see the way insults fly on these boards between people with differing playstyles). It's something only the community can fix, and that only by becoming more tolerant of others.

The main change GOA could make to improve the servers would be advertising to bring in more people, though I can't see them staying unless the community fixes it's problems.

Darzil

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
If this makes the frontpage of a single serious gaming website we better close our windows at night or the piglets might fly into our houses :(

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings,
Thank you for your comments. We are not able to discuss the details of actions taken against other accounts. We remind you that in all cases, actively assisting an enemy realm at the expense of your own is always considered to be against the spirit of the game and as such can be punishable depending on the circumstances

Thats what i got from GoA

MaCaBr3

Banned
What a load of crap.

"booh i'm beeing controversial"

No, I just don't see the big deal about this. Props too you guys if whatever you are trying to do is gonna work. Else i'm just gonna say that you are all overreacting.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
No RvR for 10 days? Isn't that gonna speed up server decline? :touch:

Or are you just in it for the drama now you all quit anyway?

Pathfinder

Fledgling Freddie
well if Goa keep on doing what there doing atm ... banning ppl for WHAT ?
then .... im happy to resign me acc......Eble u got me sword..my lord .

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
personaly for me TT (and for that matter all guilds) can do with their towers and keeps what they want but if hib crybabies want to release all their keeps over this i will be singing off soon we woke up to many times with a green or blue albion to now feel bad about what happend to hibbis
:drink:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
I am 'rightnowing' my objections to your decision as a company to ban members of TT and Black Falcons for a period of five days. You have misrepresented their actions and you have misrepresented us as a community. Your actions have done nothing but served to encourage the people who have been 'griefing' us for the last 6 months through a play style that disrupts our gaming experience (Yang-Foo, 2004).

To save GOA some time I'll respond to it.

Dear Sharkith,

Taking relics is part of the game and if you consider it "griefing" we kindly advice you to read the manual that you got when purchasing this game and you'll see it's part of this game and we stimulate the community to take those relics and we certainly won't take actions against people that play the game as we(+mythic) designed it for.
--------------------------------------
The GOA GM's blablabla

But keep these threads rolling, atleast it gives some fun reading :)

Noxydawn

One of Freddy's beloved
/signed

Even if im allready gone from cluster.. but the AC'ers are the ones that killed this cluster long ago! its been coming for some time now...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
stellaartois said:
personaly for me TT (and for that matter all guilds) can do with their towers and keeps what they want but if hib crybabies want to release all their keeps over this i will be singing off soon we woke up to many times with a green or blue albion to now feel bad about what happend to hibbis
:drink:

Lol in what server? Maybe it happened after MREs of Mastade or MARRs of Aran which happened, take a guess, cause of ACed Relics by Albs?

Muppet

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:

This is redicilous, what do you want from GOA?

What do you think the consequences are when it actually does make a newssite and impacts in your favour. Heres a scenario for you :

EA/mythic being sensitive for publicity (because of their new game coming soonish is one reason), will sack GOA, GOA will give up all the servers in europe, French people cant play, German people cant play, Spanish people cant play, Italian people cant play, which will make a rough estimate of 7k to 10k people pissed because what.... someone AC-ed a relic and someone got their panties in a bunch about it, tried to make a statement which was against game rules (according to GOA) and got banned for 5 whole days!! :eek6:

And if you honestly think EA is going to give you another game hoster in europe.....

So goodluck on your holy crusade, I think its getting way out of control.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
/signed, this is totally pathetic by goa. yet again alb whine prevails all

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
/signed petition, sent rightnow, won't strike unless whole group will (which i doubt)

good initiative though :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
/signed - words just fail me on GOA's latest head-in-the-sand bans :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom