AC2 - Rate it

C

[Cerebus]

I love it.

After nearly one week of constant playing I give it 9/10.

Not been this much into a game since DAoC first game out.

B

Buzz007

I took it back, It was very buggy, It just seemed half finished. Looks quite nice full detail though, i may give it another go in a few months when its patched up, and things have developed a bit more, as it has good potential.

G

GDW

Its great ...... dont know what bugs hes talking about, in my experience its much better than AO or DAOC when they first came out. Yes it can be improved alot but games like this evolve and mature. I expect good things from this game.

G

granny

Pre-the december patch it was a good game with potential but one that was still suffering from a number of serious issues.

Now that the December patch has gone live it's a fantastic game with a superb team of devs that listen closely to players and act fast, go get it now! :)

T

Taggart

Im kinda interested in AC2, i play DAOC just now and before that UO. Is it as good as these games? and whats pro cons of AC2?

Thx :)

J

Jack_The_Dorf

AC2

ok i've only been playing for a week, and even though my hard drive is a tad slow to run this properly (game freezes for a few seconds while the drive catches its breath) it is a lot of fun.

Only real problem i've seen so far is that the world is huge and theres only around 350 people on the english server so grouping can be difficult, and by difficult i mean you can literally run around for an hour and see 4 people

XP is quite slow for me now at lvl 17 (1-10 can be done in an hour if you know where to go) there are dungeons that you can only enter with the use of a glyph, once inside you make your way to the end and when you kill the "boss" and leave the dungeon you do gain a lot of experience (after one i gained 2 whole levels) but at the moment with around 540 hit points, monsters that are supposed to be at the same level can have upto 2000 hits and hit u damn hard...groups would be good but as i've said you dont see many

L

Louster

Has it actually changed since the beta? Because I ended up really hating it back then. The whole skills system seemed dull and generic, the group system was clunky and basically useless, and everything just felt wrong. Slow and inanimate.

A

acethaman

Yup.. the slow and inanimate feeling is still there. Pretty annoying actually. I think its mostly because of the sounds in game..they're not really convincing. Other thing is the character animation. Im sure the gfx engine has all kindsa cool animation blending effects and turbine has taken advantage of this, put the animations together in few minutes.

Hope turbine is gonna do something about this (too). The lack of "feeling" kinda hurts the gameplay.

D

Deathwatch

Appearantly they are going to increase the animations and skins and such of the models, which would be great. There aren't that many choices for your character at startup.

As for sounds, they are decent, I do hope they'll be adding a lot more sounds for things. They did some good music changes during the december patch, such as the dramatic music being played when encountering boss mobs for example when the game 'detects' you're outclassed.

Overall, I do like the game, but it'll be the february when the real storyline will start.

B

Bym

Fantastic! Looks completely amazing, can run it all at high settings with no lag on meh computer, like being able to respec skills with ease, and to be able to do do things other than simply kill mobs over and over and over again......

Not sure how I'll like this KvK/PvP thing tho, I may stick to crafting.

(Mind you, I am a notorious PvP weirdo - I'd rather stand and be killed than kill other people, I always feel sorry for them......)

B

Buzz007

Well got a new PC and ended up with AC2 again at Xmas , got the new patch and episode. Now im hooked, i cant stop playing, grouping seems better at the moment too, the server has had as high as 650-700 people on it nowadays.

It can be annoying though, im level 17 and im still finding crap useless items on most creatures. Also crafting seems expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread