abuse of code of conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Pirkel said:
No he doesn't have a point ... he's a moron for thinking he does.

Powerleveling you can do without breaking any of the rules... he was quite obviously crossrealming which is clearly stated in the CoC as being illigal.

There is nothing in the rules that says a lower level character can't kill a higher level character to get realmpoints but realisticly a level 23 fully opted character could never ever kill a level 40+ rog character everrrrr.

im sorry pirkel but your wrong it can be done...AFK!!!! :p hehe

but ye...at the end of the day u cheated an goa could of done more so i dont think u are really in a position to slate goa for it cos u were in the wrong

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
Well if you must know ive never lent my accounts to anyone, so you can goto hell with your accusations of ANY form of cheating. Just because you or your friends cheats, doesnt mean that everyone does. Guess you still dont get that..

When have I cheated?
I didn't accuse you of cheating, only those who break the EULA.

As a games programmer myself I undestand why rules about account sharing, buying, radar, etc and teh CoC are designed. Ill explain...

One type of EULA breach is there to protect the liablity of the company, so that each users is answerable wrt their account, payment and conduct within the game. (Account sharing, ebaying, selling items). If it wasnt for strickly LEGAL problems then GOA would have no problem with these. Many MMORPGS incorporate them, or are even the basis of the entire game.

The second type are cheats that give one player an advantage via the use of third party programs (macros, speedhacks, radar). And yes, to me this is more important.

You can use that logic to violate other parts of the EULA, until you become a noob who says "everyone else uses radar, I will too".

GOA never made any effort to enforce those sections of the EULA which prohibit account sharing/trading/sales. That's the only reason account sharing is so widespread to point of being acceptable. If GOA never punished macro-crafters, there would be thousands of them too and right now someone would be arguing in their favour.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Tell the guy in BG's who just got killed by the rpfarmercheater because he had viper that this is fair.. good riddance to lamers and cheaters alike. Please take your excrement to another game far far away from people who like to play fair and play to have fun. :)

S

ste

seethar said:
....and i feel that a lil kill by a lil infil isnt cheating,because powerleveling a low level char is in the same category....

Just my 2 pence worth...

I will try simplify the problem, as I see it, as I think everyone quoting and counter quoting the CoC and EULA are just over complicating matters.

As im sure your aware DaoC is a game, and most games comprise of opposing teams (or realms as in this case). What you have effectivly done is help an opposition team (realm) member to gain abilitys to better defeat members of your own team (realm). Surely you can see that this is wrong and against the spirit of the game, and also see why it's upset so many people?

Also grouping rp farming and PL'ing toons in the same catagory is at best naive. I can kind of see your logic but it's massively flawed. Once again if we go back to the team(realm) analagy. PL'ing a team (realm) member helps only your team(realm) and this is a realm vs realm game remember. Rp Pl'ing an opposites team (realm) member only helps the opposition and can only be detrimental to your own team.

After choosing your team(realm) it's your responsibility to at least not actively play against it by helping the opposition (even if you think the help is insignificant in the overall scheme of things).

just my opinion.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
You can use that logic to violate other parts of the EULA, until you become a noob who says "everyone else uses radar, I will too".

I guess your right, but I feel happy enough to distinguish between what I see as minor things that arent enforced (therefore probably minor) and those that are when chosing for instance who to play or group with.

This game (or the endgame at least) is about realm points, so people cheating directly to gain rps (i.e. cross realm killing like above..) are really unlikey to gain any sympathy, and trying to compare their mistakes with people who use a friends buffbot isnt gonna convice many people.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Here's why powerlevelling isn't the same as RP farming:

If you are a powerlevel group/necro/animist/SM/whatever powerlevelling lowbies you are overcoming a challenge to get a reward. You are still playing the game in the intended way - defeating enemies (mobs in this case) that are fighting back and there is an element of risk for the reward you are getting. If you are simply farming your other account to get some easy RPs on your BG stealther there is no risk for the reward, you aren't playing the game but abusing the fact that you can play both sides of the fight. It's the same as abusing a texture bug, you're getting a reward without any risk which isn't intended.

Comparing deliberate cheating like this to sharing a buffbot is like comparing armed robbers to people who drive at 80mph on the motorway. Account sharing isn't allowed but for the reasons that Boni gave. Not because it's inherently twisting an advantage from the game (and no, I don't share or borrow a buffbot). If you believe that all breaches of the CoC are the same and should be punished equally then presumably you are also in favour of life imprisonment for people who park on double yellow lines or £20 fines for multiple rapists depending on your point of view I suppose..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
that warlock player stereotype is taking a real beating of late.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
seethar said:
and my warlock got all his realm points with killing albs and mids by battle,

Impressive....

Doing the hardcore way to get rp's from mids with a warlock.

Hated cheaters on camlann and still disrespect cheaters in all forms in any game. If you don't want to play the way it is designed to be why play it at all? Make a game your self where you can have all sort of abuses and exploits all over the place.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
seethar said:
ive just been banned ,i and a friend sometime used teamspeak as we played daoc,he has been playing wow alot and i talked him into coming to daoc a lil to maybe get the feel of it? and maybe he,ll like it more then wow,
since he had a low lvl char and wanted to start a infiltrator,to play in battlegrounds he asked if he could kill my warlock to give him viper,
i agreed,but we did it where people culd see and i guess someone recorded our log file and sent it to goa to have us banned?
and in the email i was told my warlock would have no r pts or abilities now because of it,
this pissed me off so much ive decided to delete all my chars and quit daoc
if any of you knew me,i was seethar of prydwen,and seethalot/seethetic of excalibur,goodbye to my friends,
but i wont pay these people to treat us badly,
they should have sent us a warning or something,a suspension for 1 day would have been tolerable but to take away my realm rank just to show they can?
i had 100s of hours in rvr
i,ll devote my time to a more stable game,world of warcraft for instance,
or starwars galaxies,
they totally made daoc unfair anyways,everyone needs a buffbot to have a fair fight in rvr,
as soon as my chars become accessible i,ll delete them and uninstall daoc,
good luck with these goa assholes,but my advice to all of you is to be careful of them,they can do whatever they want to you for the smallest reasons:(

ROFL.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out fella.

Every time a cheater leaves, baby jesus smiles.

:wanker:

seethar

Banned
Case said:
Tell the guy in BG's who just got killed by the rpfarmercheater because he had viper that this is fair.. good riddance to lamers and cheaters alike. Please take your excrement to another game far far away from people who like to play fair and play to have fun. :)

running around as a group of 50 people killing 1-2 people at a time is fair?lol
whatever

you guys make me laugh so hard:worthy:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
seethar said:
some decent level headed people have replied on the first page,
ty aily and chodak for being open minded and answering reasonably,
yes ,if i did something wrong,a short bann would have kept me and my m8 in daoc,but what they did was insulting?and like alot of people on this forum get their jollies by insulting people,ive done nothing to them,and my friend was realm rank 2,wow,he was going to solo zergs with that!,lol it was harmless,and i was trying to encourage him to play more daoc with me,but the result was him encouraging me to play warcraft,lol
looks like he has won,i have lost faith in daoc now,lost my want to play?
and my warlock got all his realm points with killing albs and mids by battle,
ive never cheated with his gaining at all,and i feel that a lil kill by a lil infil isnt cheating,because powerleveling a low level char is in the same category,
since i posted this ive been criticised by my typing,my character,and my actions i accept,
but i disrupted no ones gameplay,i didnt interfere with anyone,
i see the majority of the best players of daoc have already left,
the numbers have fallen so low even after the cluster,
i agree if i did something wrong,bann me,or even as chodax said,take away a months worth of realm pts,but by taking all and a seven day bann for something no one still has showed me in the coc of the rule i broke,
i didnt cross realm,i kill albions with my warlock,but my friend told mids didnt look like a good realm,so i would have been my albion character more,
well,im tired of explaining it to people i dont know,i left the first post for my friends,that may one day see it,and its been replied to by some smallminded people,just a few people left true rational responces,

oh and btw,being 40-50 people running around in zergs killing 1-2 people trying to have a fair fight is true realm point farming,
and i seen so many of it,do you really feel as if you accomplished something?
i liked rvr mostly in battlegrounds,1 because it was more fair,rvr in nf is all about realm point farming,
if anyone has ever tryed to level a infil or a shadowblade,then you know how long it takes to kill a yellow or orange mob? i gave a helping hand and was punished for it,that being said,i admit it,but i bet almost all of you were powerleveled at one point,even if just helped by a higher level,
and the way most people treat eachother ,like the guys post from hibernia that replied people so verbally abused him,i was never like that to anyone,and by my post here proves what majority of people here play on daoc still,you rant and call names,
i had fun playing with my friends,but some of the things i seen want me to find a game where i dont need rely on such people in a keep raid,or artefact raid,
i seen people get disbanded because they didnt have a buffbot,
i left that group on my will after that happened to a guy a didnt even know,
you people that left the rude insulting posts have alot of growing up to do,or you have so much bad in your life you come here or to a video game to try to make others feel bad to make yourselves feel better,

i will never let myself become like you,
bye:)

so what rule did i break?
anyways i,ll look as if goa did me a favor,gave me a reason to try something else,

This must be the longest sentence ever....

Capital letters and full stops are you friends :mad:

Jeros

Part of the furniture
You know some of us dont belive in powerleveling and like to play our chars and get to 50 on our own steam.

seethar

Banned
Urgat said:
ROFL.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out fella.

Every time a cheater leaves, baby jesus smiles.

:wanker:
im talked about as if i cheated with codes,lol
i ddi something that was doable in the game itself,
i altered and hurt your gameplay in no way,and my friend with have used the ability to level himself until 40-50 anyways,killing with a infil takes forever,
it was harmless,if i did it to a rvr player,then i would have been hurting,
and when i played cammlan server,lvl 50s would kill someone then run to you and ask you to kill them so no one recieved theyre reward ,but you,
anyways urgat,your as funny as your name sounds,lol
get a life you sad lil guy

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Did you RvR between all of those ML runs?
(P.S. All PvE raids accept illegal bufbots)

Buffbots introduced a culture of EULA abuse, which you either became a part of, or you stuck to PvE and zergs. Name any high ranking guild which you wouldn't accuse of sharing accounts...?

Buffbots have a much, much, much bigger impact on RvR than unscrupolous cross-realming RP farmers.

Technically buffbots aren't illegal, it's just that most of them are shared which breaks the EULA.

That's how it should read and that is truth.

P.S. I'm guilty of account sharing(my buffbot was roleplaying a slut) so I'm not getting all holier-than-thou. But others are and I should think they are quite the hypocrites.

cross realming is worse tbh...

elbeek

Part of the furniture
seethar said:
im talked about as if i cheated with codes,lol
i ddi something that was doable in the game itself,
i altered and hurt your gameplay in no way,and my friend with have used the ability to level himself until 40-50 anyways,killing with a infil takes forever,
it was harmless,if i did it to a rvr player,then i would have been hurting,
and when i played cammlan server,lvl 50s would kill someone then run to you and ask you to kill them so no one recieved theyre reward ,but you,
anyways urgat,your as funny as your name sounds,lol
get a life you sad lil guy

You cheated. How ever you choose to guild the lilly you are a cheat and have been caught and punished. There is no such thing as a little cheat, or a little bit of a cheat. What makes things worse for you is the fact that untill you posted here no one cared a fuck, now you have and seem to want sympathy. Well in the dictionary Sympathy comes between shit and syphilis so you will get nothing but derisory comments. Tough shit, we won't miss you.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
"Technically" doesn't come into it. Account sharing is against the EULA, which you agree to every time you login.

Some of you have a problem with being guilty, perhaps it goes against your image as a "responsible player" or E&E. But if you've shared accounts, you're an abuser just like Seethar and his friend.

Don't embarass yourselves by claiming it's a lowly offence which doesn't affect the game. What wins in thidranki, a punk with viper or a noob with his loaned buffbot?

What would you call cheating?
Is it all radar, radar, radar, SPEEDHACK, radar... for you?

I'd define cheating as a violation of the EULA which gives the player an unfair advantage over others. Such as Radar, speedhacks, using a shared buffbot in RvR, <insert exploit>, etc.

Maybe you just wanted to ride the bandwagon and wave your pitchforks, go back to mindless flaming. I cba to uphold the EULA, it's such a sad time with so many abusers :(

i bet u get abused alot...

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
seethar said:
ive just been banned ,i and a friend sometime used teamspeak as we played daoc,he has been playing wow alot and i talked him into coming to daoc a lil to maybe get the feel of it? and maybe he,ll like it more then wow,
since he had a low lvl char and wanted to start a infiltrator,to play in battlegrounds he asked if he could kill my warlock to give him viper,
i agreed,but we did it where people culd see and i guess someone recorded our log file and sent it to goa to have us banned?
and in the email i was told my warlock would have no r pts or abilities now because of it,
this pissed me off so much ive decided to delete all my chars and quit daoc
if any of you knew me,i was seethar of prydwen,and seethalot/seethetic of excalibur,goodbye to my friends,
but i wont pay these people to treat us badly,
they should have sent us a warning or something,a suspension for 1 day would have been tolerable but to take away my realm rank just to show they can?
i had 100s of hours in rvr
i,ll devote my time to a more stable game,world of warcraft for instance,
or starwars galaxies,
they totally made daoc unfair anyways,everyone needs a buffbot to have a fair fight in rvr,
as soon as my chars become accessible i,ll delete them and uninstall daoc,
good luck with these goa assholes,but my advice to all of you is to be careful of them,they can do whatever they want to you for the smallest reasons:(

Heh, how can u be pissed when u know ur breaking one of the most basic
rule in the game?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
as with all things in this game, if mythic cant fix it it turns into a "feature"

Things

Fledgling Freddie
seethar said:
this is to reply to things,i didnt know of this site until 2 weeks ago when they told me people arrange master level days here,and i know i,ll never see some of my friends again,i dont know if they even know of this site,but the link is found on goas site also,so i left what happened to me for them to find,
i didnt do it to justify myself,i told the truth,if i wanted to lie i would say well i wasnt at my pc,it was a friend ect,
i shouldnt have to lie of nothing,

didn't say u where lieing

Gamah

Banned
Jeros said:
You know some of us dont belive in powerleveling and like to play our chars and get to 50 on our own steam.

I leveled my heretic 1-50 with no powerleveling /flex

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
seethar said:
to play in battlegrounds he asked if he could kill my warlock to give him viper
So, to sum up: you broke the rules, and now you're throwing your toys out of the pram because you're being punished for it? You'll get no sympathy at all here. You broke the rules, you got caught doing it, you paid the price. Why do you have a problem with that?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
seethar said:
then what do you call power leveling?
you guys make other mmorpgs brighter by the post,lol

i dont like power leveling either, but the diffrence between that and agreeing to get farmed by a enemy realm for RP is that the latter is against the COC, the former isnt. although it probably should be.

ppl power level because there isnt anything around that makes it worth doing it the "old" way. as long as power leveling will get them to 50 faster theres no stopping them to do it other then to make it a COC issue.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Svartmetall said:
So, to sum up: you broke the rules, and now you're throwing your toys out of the pram because you're being punished for it? You'll get no sympathy at all here. You broke the rules, you got caught doing it, you paid the price. Why do you have a problem with that?

because somwhere in that twisted mind of his he thought "this cant be cheating if u do it in the open where EVERYONE can see me!"

seethar

Banned
elbeek said:
You cheated. How ever you choose to guild the lilly you are a cheat and have been caught and punished. There is no such thing as a little cheat, or a little bit of a cheat. What makes things worse for you is the fact that untill you posted here no one cared a fuck, now you have and seem to want sympathy. Well in the dictionary Sympathy comes between shit and syphilis so you will get nothing but derisory comments. Tough shit, we won't miss you.

i wnat your sympathy in no way,tell you what,dont reply unless you know me,you are evidently just bored with nothing more to do,
go to daoc and run around in a zerg or something,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom