abuse of code of conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblok

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
10% of all road accidents are caused by drink driving!
was a famous ad in the 70s for anti drink driving, but it also meant 90% are caused by sober drivers, so you are better off being pissed.
What a strange use of logic.

10% of road accidents being caused by drink driving means that 10% wouldn't have happened if the driver hadn't drunk. This means that these accidents caused wouldn't have been caused by a sober driver.

If it had said "10% of all road accidents are caused by drink drivers!" you'd be correct in saying that 90% are caused by sober drivers. You wouldn't have a point in saying that you're better of pissed though, as you'd have to know the percentage of drunk drivers. Most likely this will be less than 10, meaning that you're better of sober.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Arguably an illegal buffbot gives a bigger advantage than radar.

Yes technically account sharing is illegal, however anyone with half an ounce of sense could put this in perspective next to the use of 3rd party cheat software like radar.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
In principle, two opponents using an illegal buffbot are not cheating(neither has the advantage).
So in principle, two opponents using radar are not cheating either.

Ok, now its clear, you dont really know what cheating is do you?

seethar

Banned
to the retards and idiots that responded to this post,fukk off,lol,
but to my friends i had in daoc ,bye,
was nice knowing you aily:)
and to those that keep saying im lucky to have account? ,i dont ,i wont play any longer,yes it was harsh,and i read the coc that you and goa say i broke,
i see it no where that what i done breaks a rule,
if so then power leveling should be banned,
also goa ecourages people to get buff bots,its why they dont make a npc in keeps that can buff you for a fee,some of the american servers already do this,
goa wants you to get that extra account so you need pay double,
and i didnt post my first post to cry and complain,i told it to say goodbye to my m8s if any of them come here,
but most of the ppl that responded were complete retards so far,lol
and by resorting to name calling,you prove yourself complete retards that were probably picked on alot at your school,lol
well to my friends i can be found on argent dawn in wow alli side as seetholas

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
seethar said:
resorting to name calling,you prove yourself complete retards that were probably picked on alot at your school,lol

ok, let me get this right, you were picked on alot in school?

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
heh, well noone should be able to cheat, but even those saying they playing fair probably do to some degree, I would never report anyone if I dident see someone that openly abused something all to much, maby I would even then let someone else report it if they wanted to.

Lots and lots probably use Irc etc to say where the will be running and so, and to some degree that is cheating also. (don't know this as I aint useing irc, more like what I belive) :p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:
ok, let me get this right, you were picked on alot in school?
No he is picked on a lot at school.

Seethar said:
also goa ecourages people to get buff bots,its why they dont make a npc in keeps that can buff you for a fee,some of the american servers already do this,
WTF? Reality calling Mr Seethar!

seethar said:
Until Blizzard catch you cheating there as well of course.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
seethar said:
to the retards and idiots that responded to this post,fukk off,lol,
but to my friends i had in daoc ,bye,
was nice knowing you aily:)
and to those that keep saying im lucky to have account? ,i dont ,i wont play any longer,yes it was harsh,and i read the coc that you and goa say i broke,
i see it no where that what i done breaks a rule,
if so then power leveling should be banned,
goa wants you to get that extra account so you need pay double,
and i didnt post my first post to cry and complain,i told it to say goodbye to my m8s if any of them come here,
but most of the ppl that responded were complete retards so far,lol
and by resorting to name calling,you prove yourself complete retards that were probably picked on alot at your school,lol

You are a cheat, thats what we called you, its not a name its a title, wear it with pride.

Mythic designed the game, they made it how it is, get over your GOA hate.

Enjoy WoW, well carry on enjoying our cheat free game thanks.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ailyn said:
Well a 3-day ban or something is a ok warning.

But removing all the RP´s from the character is just retarded ...

why? because they helped someone cheat in rvr? lowbie or not its still cheating...

u can never punish cheaters to much.

seethar

Banned
then what do you call power leveling?
you guys make other mmorpgs brighter by the post,lol

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
seethar said:
then what do you call power leveling?
you guys make other mmorpgs brighter by the post,lol

you sir, are clueless. please stay in wow where you obviously belong.

Things

Fledgling Freddie
part 2 of the EULA-
** You acknowledge expressly that all characters created and all objects acquired and developed during the game are an integral part of the Software and the Game and its Expansions’ pack and strictly remain the property of The Publisher.

We reserve the right to remove any User Content at any time if such Content violates the terms of this EULA or if We deem it to be potentially dangerous or contrary to or incompatible with the spirit of the game or if it is manifestly revealed to be contrary to public order, good moral standards or the laws currently in force. **

please read the CoC and EULA before u slam what goa do to you when u cheat. U said u didn't come here to complain, just to say gb, then why fuck about telling everyone what u done and trying to defend ur self.

**We may take any action that We deem appropriate if We believe that User Content is disrupting or is likely to disrupt (entirely or partially) the operation of the Game and its Expansions or the communication services. **

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
Yes technically account sharing is illegal, however anyone with half an ounce of sense could put this in perspective next to the use of 3rd party cheat software like radar.

"Technically" doesn't come into it. Account sharing is against the EULA, which you agree to every time you login.

Some of you have a problem with being guilty, perhaps it goes against your image as a "responsible player" or E&E. But if you've shared accounts, you're an abuser just like Seethar and his friend.

Don't embarass yourselves by claiming it's a lowly offence which doesn't affect the game. What wins in thidranki, a punk with viper or a noob with his loaned buffbot?

Boni said:
Ok, now its clear, you dont really know what cheating is do you?

What would you call cheating?
Is it all radar, radar, radar, SPEEDHACK, radar... for you?

I'd define cheating as a violation of the EULA which gives the player an unfair advantage over others. Such as Radar, speedhacks, using a shared buffbot in RvR, <insert exploit>, etc.

Maybe you just wanted to ride the bandwagon and wave your pitchforks, go back to mindless flaming. I cba to uphold the EULA, it's such a sad time with so many abusers :(

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
The guy does have a point tho!11!

what is the difference between powerlevelling and letting a friend kill you for rp?
in both cases you are overcoming a challenge in the game to increase a numerical value without actually doing anything at all!1

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
I'd define cheating as a violation of the EULA which gives the player an unfair advantage over others. Such as Radar, speedhacks, using a shared buffbot in RvR, <insert exploit>, etc.

the logic that a shared buffbot is 'cheating' always made me scratch my head, since it gives you no bigger advantage logging a buffbot in yourself then by asking a guilldy to who it belongs to do it.
(ofc the real reason behind this is that sharing accounts would, in the hosting companies view, naturally lead to less $$$KAH'CHING$$$ for them ;p )

i always played daoc with another person in the room and we had 2 comps for our mains and i had one extra for a buffbot (which belonged to me), he did touch that computer sometimes to buff himself when i was afk, am i a account sharing cheating bastard now? :(

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
Ctuchik said:
why? because they helped someone cheat in rvr? lowbie or not its still cheating...

u can never punish cheaters to much.

They did not even remove rp´s from the ones they banned for a week, when they inplanted the new Radardetection a few years ago.. and i bet the ones that got banned then got shitloads more rp´s from cheating than Seethars friend on Albion did.

cause i cant see how letting someone rp farm a few rp´s can be worse than using radar.(Atleast RP farming on someone is not hurting anyone)

So a warning and a 3day ban should be enough.

Anyway hope you have fun in WoW Seethar.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
You got everything you deserved for being a cheater and helping someone else to cheat.

(not taking into account the fact you play a warlock, which should be a punishable offense all by itself).

There was no 'abuse' of the code of conduct, you broke it, you cross realmed, you cheated, and you paid the price, you wont find any sympathy here.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
The guy does have a point tho!11!

what is the difference between powerlevelling and letting a friend kill you for rp?
in both cases you are overcoming a challenge in the game to increase a numerical value without actually doing anything at all!1

No he doesn't have a point ... he's a moron for thinking he does.

Powerleveling you can do without breaking any of the rules... he was quite obviously crossrealming which is clearly stated in the CoC as being illigal.

There is nothing in the rules that says a lower level character can't kill a higher level character to get realmpoints but realisticly a level 23 fully opted character could never ever kill a level 40+ rog character everrrrr.

seethar

Banned
some decent level headed people have replied on the first page,
ty aily and chodak for being open minded and answering reasonably,
yes ,if i did something wrong,a short bann would have kept me and my m8 in daoc,but what they did was insulting?and like alot of people on this forum get their jollies by insulting people,ive done nothing to them,and my friend was realm rank 2,wow,he was going to solo zergs with that!,lol it was harmless,and i was trying to encourage him to play more daoc with me,but the result was him encouraging me to play warcraft,lol
looks like he has won,i have lost faith in daoc now,lost my want to play?
and my warlock got all his realm points with killing albs and mids by battle,
ive never cheated with his gaining at all,and i feel that a lil kill by a lil infil isnt cheating,because powerleveling a low level char is in the same category,
since i posted this ive been criticised by my typing,my character,and my actions i accept,
but i disrupted no ones gameplay,i didnt interfere with anyone,
i see the majority of the best players of daoc have already left,
the numbers have fallen so low even after the cluster,
i agree if i did something wrong,bann me,or even as chodax said,take away a months worth of realm pts,but by taking all and a seven day bann for something no one still has showed me in the coc of the rule i broke,
i didnt cross realm,i kill albions with my warlock,but my friend told mids didnt look like a good realm,so i would have been my albion character more,
well,im tired of explaining it to people i dont know,i left the first post for my friends,that may one day see it,and its been replied to by some smallminded people,just a few people left true rational responces,

oh and btw,being 40-50 people running around in zergs killing 1-2 people trying to have a fair fight is true realm point farming,
and i seen so many of it,do you really feel as if you accomplished something?
i liked rvr mostly in battlegrounds,1 because it was more fair,rvr in nf is all about realm point farming,
if anyone has ever tryed to level a infil or a shadowblade,then you know how long it takes to kill a yellow or orange mob? i gave a helping hand and was punished for it,that being said,i admit it,but i bet almost all of you were powerleveled at one point,even if just helped by a higher level,
and the way most people treat eachother ,like the guys post from hibernia that replied people so verbally abused him,i was never like that to anyone,and by my post here proves what majority of people here play on daoc still,you rant and call names,
i had fun playing with my friends,but some of the things i seen want me to find a game where i dont need rely on such people in a keep raid,or artefact raid,
i seen people get disbanded because they didnt have a buffbot,
i left that group on my will after that happened to a guy a didnt even know,
you people that left the rude insulting posts have alot of growing up to do,or you have so much bad in your life you come here or to a video game to try to make others feel bad to make yourselves feel better,

i will never let myself become like you,
bye:)

so what rule did i break?
anyways i,ll look as if goa did me a favor,gave me a reason to try something else,

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
seethar said:

Using a lot of words to type the same crap you posted before doesn't change it ... you're still full of shit.

You have been pointed to the bits of the CoC you broke several times in this thread... asking for it again only illustrates your reading skills match your writing skills.

Now please fuck off and go cheat somewhere else.

seethar

Banned
Things said:
part 2 of the EULA-
** You acknowledge expressly that all characters created and all objects acquired and developed during the game are an integral part of the Software and the Game and its Expansions’ pack and strictly remain the property of The Publisher.

We reserve the right to remove any User Content at any time if such Content violates the terms of this EULA or if We deem it to be potentially dangerous or contrary to or incompatible with the spirit of the game or if it is manifestly revealed to be contrary to public order, good moral standards or the laws currently in force. **

please read the CoC and EULA before u slam what goa do to you when u cheat. U said u didn't come here to complain, just to say gb, then why fuck about telling everyone what u done and trying to defend ur self.

**We may take any action that We deem appropriate if We believe that User Content is disrupting or is likely to disrupt (entirely or partially) the operation of the Game and its Expansions or the communication services. **

this is to reply to things,i didnt know of this site until 2 weeks ago when they told me people arrange master level days here,and i know i,ll never see some of my friends again,i dont know if they even know of this site,but the link is found on goas site also,so i left what happened to me for them to find,
i didnt do it to justify myself,i told the truth,if i wanted to lie i would say well i wasnt at my pc,it was a friend ect,
i shouldnt have to lie of nothing,

Bahumat

FH is my second home
seethar said:
i,ll devote my time to a more stable game,world of warcraft for instance,
or starwars galaxies,

lol star wars galaxies...

you broke the rules and got busted, spose its 1 less warlock :) you got nerfed hahaha.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Some of you have a problem with being guilty, perhaps it goes against your image as a "responsible player" or E&E. But if you've shared accounts, you're an abuser just like Seethar and his friend.

Don't embarass yourselves by claiming it's a lowly offence which doesn't affect the game. What wins in thidranki, a punk with viper or a noob with his loaned buffbot?

Well if you must know ive never lent my accounts to anyone, so you can goto hell with your accusations of ANY form of cheating. Just because you or your friends cheats, doesnt mean that everyone does. Guess you still dont get that..

As a games programmer myself I undestand why rules about account sharing, buying, radar, etc and teh CoC are designed. Ill explain...

One type of EULA breach is there to protect the liablity of the company, so that each users is answerable wrt their account, payment and conduct within the game. (Account sharing, ebaying, selling items). If it wasnt for strickly LEGAL problems then GOA would have no problem with these. Many MMORPGS incorporate them, or are even the basis of the entire game.

The second type are cheats that give one player an advantage via the use of third party programs (macros, speedhacks, radar). And yes, to me this is more important.

seethar

Banned
Ailyn said:
They did not even remove rp´s from the ones they banned for a week, when they inplanted the new Radardetection a few years ago.. and i bet the ones that got banned then got shitloads more rp´s from cheating than Seethars friend on Albion did.

cause i cant see how letting someone rp farm a few rp´s can be worse than using radar.(Atleast RP farming on someone is not hurting anyone)

So a warning and a 3day ban should be enough.

Anyway hope you have fun in WoW Seethar.

thx m8,
it was cool defending berk with you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom