abuse of code of conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
seethar said:
ive just been banned ,i and a friend sometime used teamspeak as we played daoc,he has been playing wow alot and i talked him into coming to daoc a lil to maybe get the feel of it? and maybe he,ll like it more then wow,
since he had a low lvl char and wanted to start a infiltrator,to play in battlegrounds he asked if he could kill my warlock to give him viper,
i agreed,but we did it where people culd see and i guess someone recorded our log file and sent it to goa to have us banned?
and in the email i was told my warlock would have no r pts or abilities now because of it,
this pissed me off so much ive decided to delete all my chars and quit daoc
if any of you knew me,i was seethar of prydwen,and seethalot/seethetic of excalibur,goodbye to my friends,
but i wont pay these people to treat us badly,
they should have sent us a warning or something,a suspension for 1 day would have been tolerable but to take away my realm rank just to show they can?
i had 100s of hours in rvr
i,ll devote my time to a more stable game,world of warcraft for instance,
or starwars galaxies,
they totally made daoc unfair anyways,everyone needs a buffbot to have a fair fight in rvr,
as soon as my chars become accessible i,ll delete them and uninstall daoc,
good luck with these goa assholes,but my advice to all of you is to be careful of them,they can do whatever they want to you for the smallest reasons:(

ok this is very simple: you were wrong with x realming. case closed.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Your m8 wanted to go to thid, thats the best place at his level to get RPs, in fact its the whole point of thid isnt it.

Then you were dumb enough to do it in a public place where people spotted your deathspam, and they came across a grey con killing a level 50 with a shaman in tow, hello, wake up and smell the brown shuff!

RP farming and Xrealming are up there with radar, cheating rarely leads to a prosperous gaming experience, else everyone would do it.

Enjoy your stable game of WoW or SWG - lol!

Idiot.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
hahaha, love threads like this, cheer me up on such a crap day :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
If you can`t do the time don`t do the crime ... you tried to cheat the game and got caught good on GOA for banning/dealing with cheating pricks like you and your friend :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
oops_mustard.jpg

Corran

Part of the furniture
GoA went easy on you, personally I would have been harsher because it is clear this is abuse. There is no gray area. Myself, I would have deleted the RP's from ALL characters on the account, afteral we don't know how much of that came from pure rp farming. Ok maybe not be so cruel, just 2million RP's from each character

censi

Can't get enough of FH
u knew it was wrong when u did it, and you knew if u got caught u would get spanked.

you got caught and you got spanked.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
surprised they didn't ban both accounts outright.

But complaining about it is priceless ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Buying cheats off ebay, £4.99
Buying an account off ebay, £50
Spending 2 hours RPpling somone elses account, £8 a month

Whinging about it on a public forum after getting caught....priceless

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
90% of DAoC players are no less guilty of breaking the EULA than Seethar, yet many of you hypocrites have the nerve to chastise him.

EULA said:
You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, unless, as a parent or legal guardian, you allow your child to use it.

Using your friend's buffbot, logging in someone's craftbot or even being in an RvR group with an account sharing newb makes you guilty!

Some dude was probably benefitting from illegal buffs, even as he reported Seether.

Account sharing became so common that practically everyone began to benefit and no longer considered it an offence. Shared buffbots cause more damage to RvR than some thidranki alt with viper.

But assholes are all like "lolz dude u broke teh coc" when they're breaking the coc every night by benefitting from illegal buffs. Simply put... stfu.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
There are extreems, people using other accounts for buffs or because they want to play a toon harms no one, getting an unfair advantage against other players albeit radar, xrealming or rp farming in this case harms an entire community.

Heres some examples of other daft rules that are still to this day law, but everyone thought it more sensible to ignore them:

London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.

All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin.

It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full suit of armour.

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

Placing a postage stamp that bears the Queen (or King) upside down is considered treason.

and one of my personal favorites...It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

And sorry Takhasis...Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Buying cheats off ebay, £4.99
Buying an account off ebay, £50
Spending 2 hours RPpling somone elses account, £8 a month

Whinging about it on a public forum after getting caught....priceless

While I agree with what GoA did, I can't help but want to reply to this post instead. Please mate, whenever anyone makes one of these type of jokes, God kills a whole litter of kittens...

(They make me cringe ;))

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
kirennia said:
While I agree with what GoA did, I can't help but want to reply to this post instead. Please mate, whenever anyone makes one of these type of jokes, God kills a whole litter of kittens...

(They make me cringe ;))
So does the interest rate on that particular card.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
seethar said:
ive just been banned ,i and a friend sometime used teamspeak as we played daoc,he has been playing wow alot and i talked him into coming to daoc a lil to maybe get the feel of it? and maybe he,ll like it more then wow,
since he had a low lvl char and wanted to start a infiltrator,to play in battlegrounds he asked if he could kill my warlock to give him viper,
i agreed,but we did it where people culd see and i guess someone recorded our log file and sent it to goa to have us banned?
and in the email i was told my warlock would have no r pts or abilities now because of it,
this pissed me off so much ive decided to delete all my chars and quit daoc
if any of you knew me,i was seethar of prydwen,and seethalot/seethetic of excalibur,goodbye to my friends,
but i wont pay these people to treat us badly,
they should have sent us a warning or something,a suspension for 1 day would have been tolerable but to take away my realm rank just to show they can?
i had 100s of hours in rvr
i,ll devote my time to a more stable game,world of warcraft for instance,
or starwars galaxies,
they totally made daoc unfair anyways,everyone needs a buffbot to have a fair fight in rvr,
as soon as my chars become accessible i,ll delete them and uninstall daoc,
good luck with these goa assholes,but my advice to all of you is to be careful of them,they can do whatever they want to you for the smallest reasons:(

Moral of the story:

If you try to convince someone to stop playing WoW and start playing DAoC, you will both end up playing WoW
So don't try to convince others to play DAoC :rolleyes:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
There are extreems, people using other accounts for buffs or because they want to play a toon harms no one, getting an unfair advantage against other players albeit radar, xrealming or rp farming in this case harms an entire community.

Did you RvR between all of those ML runs?
(P.S. All PvE raids accept illegal bufbots)

Buffbots introduced a culture of EULA abuse, which you either became a part of, or you stuck to PvE and zergs. Name any high ranking guild which you wouldn't accuse of sharing accounts...?

Buffbots have a much, much, much bigger impact on RvR than unscrupolous cross-realming RP farmers.

Technically buffbots aren't illegal, it's just that most of them are shared which breaks the EULA.

There are extreems, people using other accounts for buffs or because they want to play a toon harms everyone, by getting an unfair advantage against other players

That's how it should read and that is truth.

P.S. I'm guilty of account sharing(my buffbot was roleplaying a slut) so I'm not getting all holier-than-thou. But others are and I should think they are quite the hypocrites.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
erm escape dont want to seem harsh but you really are talking bullshit.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
90% of DAoC players are no less guilty of breaking the EULA than Seethar, yet many of you hypocrites have the nerve to chastise him.

87.926% of figures are made up on the spot!

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
But others are and I should think they are quite the hypocrites.

There is actualy a set of people that dont cheat on principle, ever. From your estimates of how many 'cheat' you would think that isnt possible...

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
There is actualy a set of people that dont cheat on principle, ever. From your estimates of how many 'cheat' you would think that isnt possible...

Buffbot sharing breaks the rules.
Buffbot sharing doesn't break the rules.

In principle, both can be true.
But, everyone agrees to the EULA which expressly prohibits account sharing.

In summary(I cba to write in detail) using a friend's bot makes you guilty of breaking the EULA and gaining an unfair advantage. Which sounds eerily similar to cheating.

In principle, two opponents using an illegal buffbot are not cheating(neither has the advantage).
So in principle, two opponents using radar are not cheating either.

Arguably an illegal buffbot gives a bigger advantage than radar.

Awarkle said:
erm escape dont want to seem harsh but you really are talking bullshit.

Indeed. Perhaps you have something to share with the rest of us?

TeaSpoon said:
87.926% of figures are made up on the spot!
99% of people use that line without knowing the source :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Seriously lost the plot and wayyyyyyy out of proportion.

10% of all road accidents are caused by drink driving!
was a famous ad in the 70s for anti drink driving, but it also meant 90% are caused by sober drivers, so you are better off being pissed.

Mythic also shoot themselves in the foot offering customisable UIs, as it alters the game content, so what... gonna sue em?

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
snip...
And sorry Takhasis...Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

u just HAD to bring that one up again didn't u?:twak:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom