About the new substitutes rule

O

old.akiki

Just wanted to say I totally agree with this new rule :)
What is funny to me is that I have discovered this possibility only last match, vs Tortured Souls. I was the only substitute, so I was waiting in a duel arena (no possibility to vote practice arena so I really just had to wait).
By the way, through Roger Wilco and by watching the console I was able to follow the score without bothering my m8s :) and when I saw the match was nearly finished, I went in the waiting room near to the portal to enter the Clan Arena. What I saw was BunK and TS fighting in the gargoyle room :)
No need to say, even if I did not use that to help my mates, I COULD have done it (if I had known that before the last round :) ) through our Roger Wilco, and for that only reason, there can't be substitutes anymore on the server.
It is a shame as being on the server allowed substitutes to keep ready to go by duelling in another arena, but admins cannot check every second if the substitutes are not joining the waiting room to look through the portal. So no way to contest this decision, it has to be done.
But it remains funny to me to discover this possibility only last saturday, and 3 days later substitutes are removed from the rules :D
Whatever, congrats for the way this league is run, you rule.

O

old.Swelt

Hmm

Well personally I don't see the harm in a sub from each team duelling in another arena. It makes for quick substitutions if there is a problem (and this being the internet, that's not uncommon). If there is a sub from each team on the server, there is no chance of any portal gazing shinanigans.

Perhaps if both clans have a sub, they could agree to have the sub in another arena, but if only 1 clan has a sub they should wait in irc...

Just an idea

O

old.akiki

Just an idea, but...

I agree with you Swelt, but what I fear is someone not knowing about that portal thing, and letting his opponent go to the waiting room and look into the portal.
Well I know everyone is supposed to know the rules by heart, but the fact is that it can happen, so I don't know if, when talking about cheating, we can be so trustful in everyone and believe nobody will try to fool his opponent, especially in the lower divisions where we may find more "newbies", more vulnerable to that sort of thing.
Anyway what I suggest, as I suppose every team is using Roger Wilco or such softwares, is for the substitue to go train on a pubby or why not, on a private server with a clanmate, or something like that, and to go on the match's server whenever he is called in the RW.
For more security or if his team isn't using any voice communication program, he could also let the ip of the server where he is, so that if he is unreachable on RW, his mates can go and find him where he is (it wouldn't take ages).
This may look a bit complicated, but with a little organisation, the substitute can easily keep himself warm and still be reachable for his mates, and without waiting that much for him to take his place in the match.

T

Teaser

Well as Fixer said (something like this) - "the simple rules are usually the most effective."

If we ban subs from server then there is no doubt anyone is taking advantage of the portal bug. Just make sure your subs are in #bwra3l (wearing their tags). Admins can call them to join from there during the match, but we won't go chasing after them.

O

old.NightStrike

tbh its all blown out of proportion as its only really map3 that gives a major advantage when u look through the portal and the admins calling subs is a lot more hassle than admins looking at the menu to check the subs are in another arena (not clan or waiting room)

O

old.genx-ice

I agree its alot less hassle for the admin to check to make sure the subs are in the other arena's by checking the scores which shows wot arena the sub's are in than going chasing after them.

You could allways say any subs caught in the lobby will be kicked and not allowed back on the server weither they are needed or not or the clan they are from will get an automatic default loss.

J

Jintao

You have to remember that if people are playing in the 1v1 arenas evertime someone is killed its shown to the whole world, personnally I wouldn't care that much but i'm sure someone would complain about it.

I think the best option is whats been done. I don't really think it will make much difference but untill theres an alternative its the best way to keep people happy.

There are more maps where you can see a lot more from the teleporter than on on map3. Have a look on map10 you can see the whole of the outside area.

O

old.cheef

To be honest, it's not really a problem not having your sub(s) on a server waiting, we had to sub out 2 players in Saturdays game after the very first round, had 2 extra guys on Battlecom so we shouted em to get ready mid-round and to take our place straight away. They joined up, carried on, and vex and myself left; it was all sorted within a matter of seconds, and I guess saves any grief.

in.cheef

O

old.NightStrike

Yes but one clan isn't the whole bloody league.

NC vs RG had to be postponed mid-way through because RG's subs had buggered off after being sick of waiting on irc.

My point is that just cause induce might be oh so organised with their 3894194 members doesn't mean everyone else will be.

O

old.cheef

Err, what's your problem? I stated that for us it was reletively easy when some people thought it may not have.

If the game you mention had their subs bugger off, who's fault is that? The clan whose players pissed off, or the leagues?

Some clans are in favour of certain rules, some aren't, it's just the way it is, don't go being sarcy with me and my "3894194" members.

Thanks.

O

old.NightStrike

I don't have a problem but in my opinion the rule caused more problems than it solved on Saturday.

O

old.t0m

Not gonna start adding football talk in your conversations NS?

Users who are viewing this thread