A possible new rule regarding postponement ?

R

raw

I know ive already spoken to fixer about this, who is going to think and speak with the Admins, but i think i'd like to see what the other clans think regarding this possible new rule ive thought of.

This season in every division, defaults have been quite high, some defaults have no choice due to clans dropping out, some could have been avoided.

Insane Inside play in bwra3l to play competitively basicaly, not to take 3 easy points should the opportunity arise, Jin has already mentioned in a previous thread to some degree, but what i would like to see happen, if the majority agree is..

A wildcard system introduced, whereby each clan at the start of the season has 1 wildcard to there clan name, whereby should something drastic happen (fooked connections, broken pcs, members go awol etc) they have the opportunity to postpone a game by using there wildcard, where the clan they play has no option but to postpone, after that wildcard be used, then its either ask to postpone or the inevitable default :( i know it may seem unfair on the clan the wildcard would be used agasint as they have taken time to get to there game, but in the same sense, they also have the wildcard should they need to use it.

imo this would probably reduce the defaults in the leagues quite a bit, and may help make the league more interesting.

raw

O

old.Taylor

Tbh the vast majority of times when this occured the other clan agreed to postpone anyway (all of the ones i was due to be adminning anyway) as most people prefer to play a game than take 3 free pts.

My point is I don't think we really need it :)

O

old.apoth

erk..

I agree with raw for some reason ;)
Last season we decided to agree to postponement with other clans as we're obviously top lads :p
But when people grab defaults in order to gain advantages in the league is just silly, i say scrap defaults (unless the clan drops out the league) and if some1 does drop out the league then all points will be deducted as if the clan never participated. It would soon sort the men from the boys, especially in div1 due to the amount of players each clan has, they can easily field a strong side any day of the week.
Hear my plea young admins and sort the fooker out b4 people start winning the league because of 11-0 defaults ( :puke: ) rather then on actual gaming merit.
Cheers
:clap:

J

Jintao

I have to agree with raw :D. Although i'd like there to be no defaults ever a wildcard system would be an excellent start.

Obviously this would mean more postponements but I don't see how this would be a problem. Its not like u need an admin to watch over them as the rule can be that all postponed games have to be demo'd unless an admin is present.

Maybe there should be some incentive for clans to postpone rather than take default wins :).

J

Jintao

Hmm, I actually thought this thread would get more replies...especially from league admins.

O

old.Oggie

Yeah I can't really see too much of a problem with using a wildcard system as is being used by the Clanbase Summer cup this year.

One question:-
*What happens after the one wildcard has been used though ? Does the clan then take an automatic default loss ?
This could work out even unfairer than the current system whereby clan X had to take a reschedule against clan Y although clan Z got an automatic win over clan Y because clan Y couldn't field a team for the secont time that season and had already used theyre wildcard ?

*This may be confusing!!

R

raw

yer it is a good point, but every clan has 1 wildcard to use just incase the need arrises, take X3 from division1 and look at there record last season, i know it isnt there fault and the wildcard in that case wouldnt help them, but imo if a clan needs to postpone more than one game, they really should question if they are commited enough to playing in the league, or are capable of fielding a team within the league.

O

old.UncleSteve

out of principal im gonna disagree with raw :D :D :D :D

/me looks again at points made. fs he has a good point ;[[[ just dont go usin wildcards against a3 ;)

R

raw

Originally posted by UncleSteve
out of principal im gonna disagree with raw :D :D :D :D

/me looks again at points made. fs he has a good point ;[[[ just dont go usin wildcards against a3 ;)
hello peon :D

/me licks unc

O

old.cheef

In all fairess, I totally back this suggestion.

induce have been subject to the wildcard system in clanbase, cant remember who, but as game was about to kick off we were told that the opposition would like to use their wildcard.

It's frustrating being on the wrong side of this system, but it also will give you the opportunity to delay a match due to whatever reasons.

I'd enforce the fact that, certain 'excuses' would have to meet a certain (and proven) criteria, but I'm definitely 100% certain that this system would be great for the league.

Top notch idea, and it'd be great to see introduced into BWRA3L Season 3.

in.cheef

R

raw

Originally posted by cheef

I'd enforce the fact that, certain 'excuses' would have to meet a certain (and proven) criteria, but I'm definitely 100% certain that this system would be great for the league.

Top notch idea, and it'd be great to see introduced into BWRA3L Season 3.

in.cheef

Definitly, people abusing it because they cant field there best team isnt good enough obviously, i would only suggest using it / allowing the clan to use it, if a clan cant field 5 players, or there connections or so on arent working like they should, and it could save quite a few defaults hopefuly.

O

old.Taylor

Originally posted by raw

and it could save quite a few defaults hopefuly.

*sigh* as posted b4, there hasn't been a problem with defaults due to clans taking defaults when they have been offered a postponement. The large number of defaults is because clans have folded or pulled out, not that ppl are taking lame defualts....

R

raw

*sigh* whats with the attitude, its only a suggestion :)

Some defaults COULD have been avoided, so it really wouldnt hurt to have some form of wildcard would it ?

O

old.NightStrike

X3 defaulted 2 games in div 1 cause they didn't have 5 on the day. One of those defaults was against induce and it could've easily changed the course of the bwra3l league

O

old.Oggie

But if Induce was the second default X3 would already have used there wildcard meaning Induce would still have had a default win

Users who are viewing this thread