A week with VF

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
You sir made me quit US, actually. even though I dissed your video :< I watched it again and it aint all THAT bad :(

you're just sucking up now cus i saved your skinny kobold ass. playing with some yanks now and they yelled on vent 'ASSJAM!!!'.

i cried :mad:

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
yanks rock VF, and i think i was in there when jarvio was playing Bg for cabby and keeled u. was in the outskilled part. watched vid twice now

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
you're just sucking up now cus i saved your skinny kobold ass. playing with some yanks now and they yelled on vent 'ASSJAM!!!'.

i cried :mad:

HAHA. Yeah /whipes brown nose
Im on insta 50 pvp but its boring :|

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
It's obvious that VF has put in, some of the best footage he has, showing him using his abilites well and his nightshade to it's full potential. People whining about him using his abilites, are just well how can I put this tard, some of the fights where really difficult and required RA dumping in order for him to win, or would people rather watch a movie where you can watch two people beat each other to death, without showing any skill and use of class abilites ?
If I could win a fight because I have purge or poison spike up, by god I will use them, not like the other people in the vid weren't using theirs.
Btw VF nice vid enjoyed it, really liked the fight vs Haxel close one tbh, I wouldn't even get that far wit my gimp ranger :p and you didn't use any of the music list I sent you, I am hurted T_T, anywayz look forward to your next ns vid.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Also 99% of the people critising have never stuck their own ass up into the wind for us to critise. Specially that crap for melaka's, I would personally love to see a SB vid from joo :) You talk a great game though.

I was planning on making a vid, but im in china now so I just let my subs run out. Just a few days before though I went out for a about 30mins, got four runs in, and got 3 of them recorded.

Thought I had a fight versus Vipr, but apprently, Fraps was running, and I turned it off during the fight, and then back on again after :\ he annihilated me anyway, he used malice + remedy :p

Second fight is versus a cabby with ml9 pet, I didnt ever see the patchnotes where cabby's got a determination buff for their pet, so my ml9 mezz lasted all of 1 seconds, and I get nuked down real quick.

But I can upload the only other two fights I have, one versus that rr4 Reaver, chaos something, and one versus you (which cuts out right at the end).

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
what pogram did you actually use to capture your clips VF? i apologize if you mentioned in one of your millions of posts :p

i personally find fraps making my game lag too much to bother to use it...

illu

Part of the furniture
Ashala said:
what pogram did you actually use to capture your clips VF? i apologize if you mentioned in one of your millions of posts :p

i personally find fraps making my game lag too much to bother to use it...

I asked him the same question to which he kindly replied:
i have a hauppage wintv 88x - costed me 25-30 euros or so. any type should be good really as far as i know, just have to make sure the settings are correct

it took me a while to get it working but once you have the right settings, the quality is great. i use virtualdub to capture, the settings that are vital are making sure you have the right cable/connector selected. for me its an s-video cable (video > video source > video SVideo) and pal-b connector (video > capture filter > Video standard > PAL_B).

once you have those set, go to video > custom format and select the biggest size (768x576) and personally i prefer YUY2 data format.

the quality *should* look sharp and clean once you get the settings right. it takes a while to figure out though, but its worth it

biggest problem with it is that i have to play at 1024x786 on my main pc, in fullscreen mode. svideo simply doesn't handle a higher resolution. what you can do is buy an external converter - you plug in a vga cable and it downscales the signal to 1024x786 to send it over the svideo cable but im a student and cant afford those. they're anyhwere from 100 to 300 euro as far as i know

as for samples, im always on #stealthzerg at qnet if you want any recent ones. all the footage from the WI vids have been recorded using this method though, if you've seen them but they have been compresssed heavily to keep the size down

Hope this helps

Oli - Illu

Zdeath

Banned
Brite said:
really struggled to watch this to the end but im going with my original comment, nothing special just fights of you dumping everything almost every fight by the looks, hard to see a fight when som isnt up and where celerity proc doesnt go off, dot mine and remedy also used almost every fight, rarely see fights where people dump abilitys back, yes it shows nice 1 on 1's but id like to see how you do without 3 i win abilitys used at once, only real nice intresting fight was the one thats started with pils, then he ran off, albs /mids adds was quite intresting... but cant understand why 100% of people seem to think its best thing since sliced bread

Fair enough, its an opinion.

Don't blame him though for using all his abilities, when they are there to be used.

It's the opponents fault for not using all of theirs.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Good film vf - i've still to come across u in NF, i'm sure i will at some point, then u can hand my ass to me on a plate :worthy:

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:
I asked him the same question to which he kindly replied:
i have a hauppage wintv 88x - costed me 25-30 euros or so. any type should be good really as far as i know, just have to make sure the settings are correct

it took me a while to get it working but once you have the right settings, the quality is great. i use virtualdub to capture, the settings that are vital are making sure you have the right cable/connector selected. for me its an s-video cable (video > video source > video SVideo) and pal-b connector (video > capture filter > Video standard > PAL_B).

once you have those set, go to video > custom format and select the biggest size (768x576) and personally i prefer YUY2 data format.

the quality *should* look sharp and clean once you get the settings right. it takes a while to figure out though, but its worth it

biggest problem with it is that i have to play at 1024x786 on my main pc, in fullscreen mode. svideo simply doesn't handle a higher resolution. what you can do is buy an external converter - you plug in a vga cable and it downscales the signal to 1024x786 to send it over the svideo cable but im a student and cant afford those. they're anyhwere from 100 to 300 euro as far as i know

as for samples, im always on #stealthzerg at qnet if you want any recent ones. all the footage from the WI vids have been recorded using this method though, if you've seen them but they have been compresssed heavily to keep the size down

Hope this helps

Oli - Illu

yeah thanks :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The editing was good, I liked the split screen useage and the quality was good, which it should be for that sized file.

Only thing that spoils it for me is all the strafing and walk-through abuse, but then i've never had any respect for those that resort to it.

theslayeruk

Banned
Kagato said:
The editing was good, I liked the split screen useage and the quality was good, which it should be for that sized file.

Only thing that spoils it for me is all the strafing and walk-through abuse, but then i've never had any respect for those that resort to it.

Aye people are cowards when they don't like to play against 70 effective parry, plate af, warguard, battler, resist buffs, heal proc etc. Strafe and runthrough actually require some skill.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Some classes can't win just staying faced and spamming 1 or 2 styles, they need positionals and move in order to land it.
Nice vid VF, "Smashing" 4twin!:worthy:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
theslayeruk said:
Aye people are cowards when they don't like to play against 70 effective parry, plate af, warguard, battler, resist buffs, heal proc etc. Strafe and runthrough actually require some skill.

No people are cowards when they run away from fights they start, people are just cheesy, lame and pathetic if they resort to exploiting out of view errors and poor game coding in order to win a computer game against another person.

And I see little differance between "70 effective parry, plate af, warguard, battler" and evade, battler, poisonspikes, malice, debuff poisons and remedy.

Incidently someone would have to be RR10 to get 70 parry with 50 parry spec, I am neither and doubt any Armsman is.

And claiming it requires skill is just deluding your own ego's, theres few things that require skill in this game, and strafing or run through are most certainly not one of them.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
think ill make a detailed tutorial soon of how i capture, might be useful for some people :p

and kagato, thats kinda bullshit. you know just as well as i do a stealther needs a sick amount of luck to be able to evade enough to outlast warguard/battler/ip. nothing stops the enemy from running through / strafing, and as said a few times before, i think its actually quite fun to do. i wish everyone would use it against me too, makes things a lot more interesting

occy

Loyal Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
think ill make a detailed tutorial soon of how i capture, might be useful for some people :p

and kagato, thats kinda bullshit. you know just as well as i do a stealther needs a sick amount of luck to be able to evade enough to outlast warguard/battler/ip. nothing stops the enemy from running through / strafing, and as said a few times before, i think its actually quite fun to do. i wish everyone would use it against me too, makes things a lot more interesting

lol yeah run thru makes this game ! jeez

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
and kagato, thats kinda bullshit. you know just as well as i do a stealther needs a sick amount of luck to be able to evade enough to outlast warguard/battler/ip.

Riiiiight cause tanks are the only ones that can use Battler now? Or did I miss the part where no stealthers can use battler to counter someone elses battler?

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
And claiming it requires skill is just deluding your own ego's, theres few things that require skill in this game, and strafing or run through are most certainly not one of them.
Well I've fought against people who are good at them and many people who are rubbish at them, therefore they clearly are skill based.

Most strafers/walkthroughers are pretty easy to counter (on a meleer), and theres fairly few who are actually effective at it once you try to counter. I wouldn't say VF it a great strafer though I've only fought him a couple of times, however he is better than most, the only player I can remember who I'd say it great at it is Nichii, but then its a while since I've fought him and hopefully I've become better at countering it since.

If you don't even try to counter strafing/walkthrough by moving around then the strafer has it much easier, and you only have yourself to blame. Yes they are both lag/game-code exploits at heart so you can certainly argue they're lame, but skillless they ain't.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Riiiiight cause tanks are the only ones that can use Battler now? Or did I miss the part where no stealthers can use battler to counter someone elses battler?

where's my version of warguard? my version of IP that doesn't involve kiting (which wont work vs snapshot)? my version of plate? my version of heavy tank hp's? :)

if i peak absolutely everything i have, you can negate it and still have more. the reason i made you IP was because you used warguard/battler way too late, but the result was obvious. my damage dropped to what? 50 mainhand? \o/

if you honestly think a stealther plays crap because he can't beat you after using a full ability dump, then id like to end the discussion here and hope you have fun camping towers for 10 min after each kill :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
heavy tanks > stealthers 1v1 in toe to toe dick swinging, period, nothing at all wrong with a stealther using run through/strafe etc, you just have to be able to combat it. i strafe and run through just like anyone else does. warguard/battler is as "i win" as you can get in a melee fight, if timed right ofc.

ps, post your idiots guide to movie capture, happy with fraps atm but doubt i could get anything near as good quality as some of the latest vids.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
CT rock..........

vf, jarvio said you suck

btw loved the way you killed him when he grappled you, pure class entertainment IMHO :cheers: for that, you deserve a rep :D

theslayeruk

Banned
Kagato said:
No people are cowards when they run away from fights they start, people are just cheesy, lame and pathetic if they resort to exploiting out of view errors and poor game coding in order to win a computer game against another person.

And I see little differance between "70 effective parry, plate af, warguard, battler" and evade, battler, poisonspikes, malice, debuff poisons and remedy.

Incidently someone would have to be RR10 to get 70 parry with 50 parry spec, I am neither and doubt any Armsman is.

How would you know if it takes skill to strafe/runthru and land styles if your so honourable that you would never try it? And speaking of you being honourable, you don't seem to mind adding on my nightshade with a fg when it's having 1vs1 fights, yet when someone side steps you in a fight they're lame?

You need to learn the definition of both "skill" and of "honourable" because you obviously don't know what they mean, either that or you're just a hypocrit.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
So much complaining about abilities and strafing. :(

As someone said before, you put your best fights in a vid like this. Those are the fights where you fight tough opponents and you have to use some things to win.
We're seeing this from VF's perspective.
It's so easy to see if VF uses an ability, but it's not always so easy to see if the one he's fighting is using anything or already have something up.

Take the fights against me...
First fight; AF and haste charge and SoM up. Like in all fights i have against assassins, i used Cleansing Aura as well.
Second fight; AF and haste again. Cleansing Aura. SoM. I even used IP.
I could see AF charges up on VF too in our fights. However, SoM is a lot more effective against dual wielders than 2-hander.

As for the strafing, i do find it cheap, but only against casters.
Hell, i even use it myself sometimes against casters, especially against MoCing lifetappers. ;)
In melee it's easy to counter though, and only the really good ones can hit you more than you hit them when they strafe.

Bottom line is, this is just another vid of someone who play a game and love their char enough to make a vid about it.
When you do that, you want to show people the best fights and as i said above, that's the fights where you have to use some abilities.
Before people complain about the use of RA/ML/artis, they should try and make a vid themselves.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
If you don't even try to counter strafing/walkthrough by moving around then the strafer has it much easier, and you only have yourself to blame. Yes they are both lag/game-code exploits at heart so you can certainly argue they're lame, but skillless they ain't.

I have no problems dealing with strafers and walk through abusers, that does not mean I have to respect them or consider them skilled, there just as lame and desperate wether they succeed or fail, which is why I never bow to them if they use it.

Vodkafairy said:
if you honestly think a stealther plays crap because he can't beat you after using a full ability dump, then id like to end the discussion here and hope you have fun camping towers for 10 min after each kill :p

Firstly why are you trying to turn this into a you vs me topic? Thats a pointless discussion point. I think walk through and strafing is lame no matter who you use it against be they are stealther a cleric or a visual tank. The target is irrelivent, its still crap. I criticised the use of it in general I did not say who against. The comment on battler was in response to someone else trying to be a prick about timers.
We all have our advantages and abilities, so don't act as if your hard done by in that department, and I have only ever used battler against you to counter it when you use it against me, and often I try and make do without even then if I can save it, like the time I left it to late. I don't use battler in one on ones unless its done to me, thats why I got it in the first place. The one exception to the rule is bd's and sm's, who deserve to die as horribly as possible.

theslayeruk said:
How would you know if it takes skill to strafe/runthru and land styles if your so honourable that you would never try it? And speaking of you being honourable, you don't seem to mind adding on my nightshade with a fg when it's having 1vs1 fights, yet when someone side steps you in a fight they're lame?

You need to learn the definition of both "skill" and of "honourable" because you obviously don't know what they mean, either that or you're just a hypocrit.

Sorry and who are you again? I havent a clue what fight your talking about or when it was, but shit happens, I prefer to solo but I group if I feel like it and the opportunity is there, and if they want to kill someone they pass I can't stop them, live with it, cause im not going to be lectured about my honour from someone i've never even heard off, and who says I havent tried it? I hate stealthers as well that doesn't mean i've never tried playing one, I suggest you look up the definition of 'assumption'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom