A week with VF

theslayeruk

Banned
Kagato said:
Sorry and who are you again? I havent a clue what fight your talking about or when it was, but shit happens, I prefer to solo but I group if I feel like it and the opportunity is there, and if they want to kill someone they pass I can't stop them, live with it, cause im not going to be lectured about my honour from someone i've never even heard off, and who says I havent tried it? I hate stealthers as well that doesn't mean i've never tried playing one, I suggest you look up the definition of 'assumption'.

I actually considered giving this a detailed reply but I came to the conclusion I have far better things to be doing than replying to hypocrits who call people lame for strafing when they run round in full groups in emain adding on anything they can.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
mm well, nevermind :)

lets just keep it to a difference in opinion. i think strafing is fun and makes 1v1's a lot more challenging, especially if the other one is good at it (like narbe).

seems to be never good when i duel you - if i play stealther im a coward because i strafe, when you already know its almost a guaranteed win with warguard/ip/battler and yet i still try every time. including waiting for you camping a tower for IP to pop for 10 mins :p

and when i play my champ 'ST is overpowered' or what was it? :p

but fine, ill let you pass by for you to duel people that spam anytime/reactionary without moving an inch :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
Who cares about ST. It's the champ rr5 that is OPed!!!12 :(

Though i warn all rr5+ champs that get near me...If i see them use their rr5, i will SoS away and use mine!

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
10% power ftw?? :O

What's champ rr5 animation btw? Sure I've had it used on me but can't tell when until it's too late.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
a stealther needs a sick amount of luck to be able to evade enough to outlast warguard/battler/ip

I know what THAT looks like :D

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:

What's champ rr5 animation btw? Sure I've had it used on me but can't tell when until it's too late.
It's 25% power, thank you very much!

And no, i have no idea what that "gimpy" rr5 looks like.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
<3 zoia & bracken :p

making new template for shade now, but its also very very tempting give my bard a nice solo-suit and give it a try like good old OF days.. hmm.. or vampiir :(

edit- champ rr5 looks like moc or hib-dex buff

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
<3 zoia & bracken :p

making new template for shade now, but its also very very tempting give my bard a nice solo-suit and give it a try like good old OF days.. hmm.. or vampiir :(

edit- champ rr5 looks like moc or hib-dex buff
I'm already too frustrated when soloing with a skald. Solo bard just wont work.
Maybe on classic, when you don't have to face vamps or buffed opponents.
On normal servers, with buffbots, a solo bard is just free RPs. ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
I'm already too frustrated when soloing with a skald. Solo bard just wont work.
Maybe on classic, when you don't have to face vamps or buffed opponents.
On normal servers, with buffbots, a solo bard is just free RPs. ;)

toa was a huge blow in the face to bards that liked to solo unfortunately :( i dont have to face vamps on my bard tho! but everyone gained so much dmg output, where bard gained mostly cast speed and power.. :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
mm well, nevermind :)

lets just keep it to a difference in opinion. i think strafing is fun and makes 1v1's a lot more challenging, especially if the other one is good at it (like narbe).

seems to be never good when i duel you - if i play stealther im a coward because i strafe, when you already know its almost a guaranteed win with warguard/ip/battler and yet i still try every time. including waiting for you camping a tower for IP to pop for 10 mins :p

but fine, ill let you pass by for you to duel people that spam anytime/reactionary without moving an inch :)

Since when have I ever camped a tower for IP? If your refering to the fight near crim IP was already up, I went into the tower to go upstairs and shoot the palintone at the FG of hibs that nuked me just to break their speed and piss them off abit. I wasn't going to go back out there until I was sure they had cleared off rather then give free rps away to them.

And again I never mentioned anywhere in this thread that strafers were cowards, lame, cheesy and even pathetic, maybe, but not cowards, cowards are the ones that run away from fair fights. And it still amazes me that your trying to make out as if battler is some kind of advantage to me when its always YOU that uses it first, I just cancel your battler when you use it on me. If you don't use it I wont use it, may as well save the timers for other enemies in my opinion, but I wont let someone battler me if I can cancel it back. The day you stop dropping battler and remedy on people is the day you can criticise me for using warguard. Nightshades are not so hard done by in these fights if they know what they are doing, i've had some give me far far tougher fights then many stronger classes and almost win, though that NS isn't you or any other excal one for that matter.

I have no problem with you attacking me, im not forcing you to, and you can fight how you want, im just stating that I will not have any respect for you or any other enemy for that matter that fights in such a lame manner. We all draw our distinctions somewhere.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Since when have I ever camped a tower for IP? If your refering to the fight near crim IP was already up, I went into the tower to go upstairs and shoot the palintone at the FG of hibs that nuked me just to break their speed and piss them off abit. I wasn't going to go back out there until I was sure they had cleared off rather then give free rps away to them.

well, you did use it and its recorded but it doesn't matter :p

The day you stop dropping battler and remedy on people is the day you can criticise me for using warguard.

i havnt critisised you for using it, infact i like it when people use it on me, but im saying i think its equally lame to critisise others for strafing (which everyone can do) while playing a class that can win almost everything by spamming 2 styles and using warguard/ip if anything hurts a bit too much :p if you meet something that does chew through it, you can't do anything but to keep trying the same thing, whereas trying to get positionals in makes it far more interesting (imo)

I have no problem with you attacking me, im not forcing you to, and you can fight how you want, im just stating that I will not have any respect for you or any other enemy for that matter that fights in such a lame manner. We all draw our distinctions somewhere.

yer im very sorry for giving you 1v1 fights, not sure ill bother next time ;)

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:

Same effect as MoC ;]

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well, you did use it and its recorded but it doesn't matter :p
;)

Im not saying I didn't use IP that fight, im saying it was already up before I went into the tower, I went in there to shoot at the group and wait for them to go away if its the fight im thinking you mean. If I recall correctly the only timers i had down at the time was bolstering battlecry which is only a 5 minute timer regardless.

Vodkafairy said:
i havnt critisised you for using it, infact i like it when people use it on me, but im saying i think its equally lame to critisise others for strafing (which everyone can do) while playing a class that can win almost everything by spamming 2 styles and using warguard/ip if anything hurts a bit too much :p if you meet something that does chew through it, you can't do anything but to keep trying the same thing, whereas trying to get positionals in makes it far more interesting (imo)
yer im very sorry for giving you 1v1 fights, not sure ill bother next time ;)

Having good reactionaries has nothing to do with my class just my spec, I have great positionals too, but im not willing to dance about like a lunatic to get them off just to get my stun purged regardless. I have my self respect then to try and win a fight by giving my enemy 'out of view errors' to win. Your character has not won the fight, lazy game code has won it. I could not take pride in that.

Nothing has changed in our fights, but i've never respected that play style and never will, people view things differently, such is life. If people want to play like that so be it, but I wont /salute them for it.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Im not saying I didn't use IP that fight, im saying it was already up before I went into the tower, I went in there to shoot at the group and wait for them to go away if its the fight im thinking you mean. If I recall correctly the only timers i had down at the time was bolstering battlecry which is only a 5 minute timer regardless.

I meant when you ran to the tower, I waited for nearly 10 minutes there doing the occasional /beckon but you never came out. :p

as for strafing i don't do it to get out of view messages, its to get positionals in. if you're good at countering it, ill fail my styles because i cant back up reactionairy/anytime and a positional. if you're not good at countering it i get the styles in to raise my dps a bit, to me its all fair game :p

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
kagato i think u forget what class u play when u try to compare urself to a stealther! i can name u 10 disadvantages a stealther has over an armsman without using any of his mls while u can name 1 which as u know it can be purged!
i really respect the fact that u endured as a solo visible and having to deal with fgs but apart that and when it comes to solo stealhers u really need to get ur facts straight and pay some proper respect for even poping on u instead of moaning about strafe and remedy!

Gajinn

Fledgling Freddie
Haha yeah, it's fun to see a heavy tank dissing a stealther like that.:fluffle:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
I meant when you ran to the tower, I waited for nearly 10 minutes there doing the occasional /beckon but you never came out. :p

as for strafing i don't do it to get out of view messages, its to get positionals in. if you're good at countering it, ill fail my styles because i cant back up reactionairy/anytime and a positional. if you're not good at countering it i get the styles in to raise my dps a bit, to me its all fair game :p

The result is still the same, wether you intend it or not. And I saw the beckons, but I was interested in that group, not you, I knew what you wanted and it could wait, as its not worth me getting trampled by a fg over.

UriZeN said:
kagato i think u forget what class u play when u try to compare urself to a stealther! i can name u 10 disadvantages a stealther has over an armsman without using any of his mls while u can name 1 which as u know it can be purged!
i really respect the fact that u endured as a solo visible and having to deal with fgs but apart that and when it comes to solo stealhers u really need to get ur facts straight and pay some proper respect for even poping on u instead of moaning about strafe and remedy!

Im NOT the one comparing myself to a stealther here, from the begining I was clearing stats my opinion on strafing vs ANY enemy, its just VF and a few other band-wagon jumpers brining out the heavy tank bullshit, which was never the topic. I expressed my opinion on the good and bad points about the video, which is what this thread was made for. Everything else is me responding to the usual off-topic and choice-quoted bollocks.

And don't try and make me believe stealthers have it so bad, heavy tank hit points? instantly dropped by poisonspike, str/con poison and malice proc which all stack, theres the HP advantage gone immediatly, often before CD even lands. Weaponskill? Same as above, probably less then yours by the time malice and the debuffs have taken effect. AF? Its the price we pay for losing evade and you can still use AF charges yourself to make up for it.
Absorb? your free to choice your weapons to match your enemy, and plan it in advance, I have to make do with what I have on or waste time switching in fight.
And if it goes wrong you can still always vanish and start again.

Im not trying to say their better then heavy tanks, though im sure some idiot will try and misinterpret it to sound like that, but go making it sound like you have all the disadvantages and its so unfair, its not, we both have our advantages and our disadvantages, they may be different in nature but we have them and we all maximise them to our benefit.

Lastly, I havent moaned about strafe and remedy, I have simply responded with my opinions to other peoples accusations. If someone wants to quote and have a go at me, i'll respond. If I just wanted to moan i'd make my own thread.

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Im NOT the one comparing myself to a stealther here, from the begining I was clearing stats my opinion on strafing vs ANY enemy, its just VF and a few other band-wagon jumpers brining out the heavy tank bullshit, which was never the topic. I expressed my opinion on the good and bad points about the video, which is what this thread was made for. Everything else is me responding to the usual off-topic and choice-quoted bollocks.

And don't try and make me believe stealthers have it so bad, heavy tank hit points? instantly dropped by poisonspike, str/con poison and malice proc which all stack, theres the HP advantage gone immediatly, often before CD even lands. Weaponskill? Same as above, probably less then yours by the time malice and the debuffs have taken effect. AF? Its the price we pay for losing evade and you can still use AF charges yourself to make up for it.
Absorb? your free to choice your weapons to match your enemy, and plan it in advance, I have to make do with what I have on or waste time switching in fight.
And if it goes wrong you can still always vanish and start again.

Im not trying to say their better then heavy tanks, though im sure some idiot will try and misinterpret it to sound like that, but go making it sound like you have all the disadvantages and its so unfair, its not, we both have our advantages and our disadvantages, they may be different in nature but we have them and we all maximise them to our benefit.

Lastly, I havent moaned about strafe and remedy, I have simply responded with my opinions to other peoples accusations. If someone wants to quote and have a go at me, i'll respond. If I just wanted to moan i'd make my own thread.

i wont be arsed to correct all ur bad info about stealthers written here i can do it over irc if u want, will only state the fact about the switching which is something u can do urself and beeing 2hand u should know that switching will costs u 0 time and 0 styles cause it very easy to time ur switch with ur next attack! so that leads to the fact that u just cba to do that!
i wont mention vanish either because i belive that everyone that uses that ability to escape a 1o1 fight should delete and roll a warlock!

i personally dont accuse u of anything im just protesting on the fact that u compared urself with vf thus u compared an armsman with a nightshade!!

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Only thing that spoils it for me is all the strafing and walk-through abuse, but then i've never had any respect for those that resort to it.

Kagato you've never had any respect for anyone, not that people care much.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
Its the price we pay for losing evade
but you (not personal you but class wise you) do gain parry which does make up in someway.

And parry works similar to shield, the more you spec, the higher your chance to parry? were as evade is a fixed ratio. evade 7 being the highest & evade 1 being the lowest.

Every class & realm has con's & pro's - IMO, VF is just trying to maximise his/her pro's, in his/her case their pro is the HIB side style chain which is devastating but order to get it off, you have to strafe - therein lies the con.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
besides moving about makes it a bit more fun, standing toe to toe is kind of boring.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
kagato I always said you should have played an assasin. Disagree with most things you say here. I cant see why strafing or running through is bug abuse (which is what you imply), neither have mythic ever said this.

Theres no collision detection in the game and theres positional styles and defense arcs.... What follows is players manover to get positionals and avoid defense potentially. Thats not exploiting anything, thats just the way the game is.

you might not like it... but tbh I dont like hitting you for 30 damage after you use warguard and battler and your spirit resist is up.... Thats balance. I mean perhaps explain to me how its even physically possible for me to kill you.

I dont even wanna think what my ekkle leggies are gonna do to you when you get the magic resist boost ability.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
ive been wondering about a dementia vampiir. 49% effectiveness debuff, 22+26% first tier melee resist (or 26% + ~40% second tier magic resist), warguard o_O

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Reminds me about buffbot whine many hundreds of years ago.

Can't say I'm really mad about use of lag and bad coding etc, to win fights, but it's pretty much accepted now as fair play - same as buffbots. Can only whine about it so long, before it's time to join in.

Should give props to a stealther that pops on u tbh, why not stack SB too and make urself melee immune altogether?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
UriZeN said:
i personally dont accuse u of anything im just protesting on the fact that u compared urself with vf thus u compared an armsman with a nightshade!!

No, other people, VF included, compared, I simply responded. I wasn't interested in argueing about it but I will by all means defend my view if questioned just like everyone else.

Mirt said:
Kagato you've never had any respect for anyone, not that people care much.

On the contrary theres a number of people I have the upmost respect for, specially in the enemy realms. Its a sad fact that many of those I respected the most have quit by now but theres still some left and even some new people I have come to respect already from prydwen.

Dafft said:
but you (not personal you but class wise you) do gain parry which does make up in someway.

Parry which we, a double spec class, have to spec to 60 in to get the same result as free evade. Not to mention the dex equation as a highlander which does nothing for us otherwise.

censi said:
kagato I always said you should have played an assasin. Disagree with most things you say here. I cant see why strafing or running through is bug abuse (which is what you imply), neither have mythic ever said this.
you might not like it... but tbh I dont like hitting you for 30 damage after you use warguard and battler and your spirit resist is up.... Thats balance. I mean perhaps explain to me how its even physically possible for me to kill you.

I dont even wanna think what my ekkle leggies are gonna do to you when you get the magic resist boost ability.

I have played stealth classes, I did not like the style of fighting, was novel for a change but not for me. I still have a 50 scout but cba to play it.

As I stated before, I only use battler if someone uses it on me, unless im outnumbered or FZ'd with no WG.
No ones forcing you to use spirit weapons on me, every other stealther uses Cold damage against me, adapt. I use legendary weapons too you can't call that a disadvantage. And after DR everyone will be running with full resist buffs which will effect me as much as you or anyone else.

And its quite possible for you or any other stealther to kill me, even without vanish, I know exactly how it can be done, and some are catching onto it, but its not in my best interest to advertise it, you'll have to work it out yourselves.

Maeloch said:
why not stack SB too and make urself melee immune altogether?

Because to be of any use i'd need it at highest level and simply cannot afford it along with all the other essential RA's I need to survive. And even if I was RR12 I still probably wouldn't by it as I prefer passives and would probably max AOM instead.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
And its quite possible for you or any other stealther to kill me, even without vanish, I know exactly how it can be done, and some are catching onto it, but its not in my best interest to advertise it, you'll have to work it out yourselves.

tactical nuke?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
wow wow wow =)) such a fights going on here.

Let's get back to the topic =) I thought the video was very cool and well made. The resolution was very fine and the fights were interesting, not like pwn pwn pwn, but pretty close ones, some wins, some losses.

The thing that made me giggle most was Jarvio tbh, cause I have some footage of him aswell....running away =))

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
why not stack SB too and make urself melee immune altogether?
Warguard and BOF don't stack, and SB and BOF don't stack according to the herald, so I doubt warguard and SB stack. I've wondered if MS proc stacks with battler and warguard though, haven't tested but it's the same icon as battler so I wouldn't be surpised if they clash. Seems that melee immunity sadly still eludes all us warlords :(

brad

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

I nearly killed kagato a couple days ago, before he used battler at the end of the fight. But all i know is when he was walking away, it was the same speed as when your about to die, think he had like 5% hp left.:(

Btw do you have a clerity proc on one of your poles?

You hit me with it, and saw you got the same effect and what aug healers do when they cast clerity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom