A sinners confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leoric

Of all the things!, Where was my 1000 mithril transfer!!!:( Oh the joy of having that amount :spin: Black Dye on me!!!!

A

atos

As a matter of fact i could prob get the hardware i need for it to run. The biggest problem is the software.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by atos
As a matter of fact i could prob get the hardware i need for it to run. The biggest problem is the software.

Software isnt much of a problem either :flame:

K

krait

The most idiotic thing about all this is that Laromia should have asked GOA not to prosecute instead of keeping his accounts.

Also does MrX even exist or is he a convenient scapegoat to pass the buck to a "make-believe" bad guy ?

Time will tell.

T

TodinStark

I've not studied law but to me this seems to qualify for several months in Jail and quite some € to pay up.
Writing about some agreement to get back the banned account.... Bwhahahahahaa you damn idiot!

L

Laroma

> The most idiotic thing about all this is that Laromia should have asked GOA not to prosecute
> instead of keeping his accounts.

I didn't have to, they told me they wouldn't.

> Also does MrX even exist or is he a convenient scapegoat to pass the buck to a "make-believe"
> bad guy?

You honestly think I would have posted all this to the public if that was the case?

A

atos

Anyways humans are humans. It's natrural to explore things. I don't blame anyone... I kinda needed a break anyways.

Good that someone dared doing it.

T

TodinStark

I don't understand.. to be part of an act that causes serious damage to a company economically, thrustworthiness.. and not having to pay for it.. if thats the case it must be something essential left out in the story.. so it all ends up in guessing anyways :) Intresing reading anyway

A

atos

Companies who does not satisfy the customers deserves it.

Z

Ziva

Bye bye... won't miss you even though u sound like a nice person u fekked up bigtime. Worst part is you used your info for your own pleasure which is wrong no matter what u say.

Please don't act like u did the DaoC community a favor cause u didn't. And telling your story just claiming u want to let the public know what happened isn't very smart either since they are probably still trying to get their act togheter to prevent this from happening again. I bet you didn't even consult them before making your story and therefore denied them a chance to enlighten us themselves.

And for the "hacking" part: To me it seems like GOA probably had a leaking employee that knew the passwords and commands and gave them to someone else for whatever reason. Wow... great job /medal!!!

Screwing up a game which so many people enjoy in their free time "just for your own fun" without any accomplisment yourself (i would have had more respect for u lot if u managed to actually hack the system yourself) is stupid, senseless, lame and earns no respect at all imo.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Ziva

Please don't act like u did the DaoC community a favor cause u didn't.

I don't think at any point whatsoever we have mentioned doing the community a favour.

L

Laroma

Ziva.

3 things. I never tried denying I was using the information for my own amusement. I never said I did the community a favour. I'm not after your respect.

A

atos

Too get this kinda response. I see this as a punnishment from the players vs Goa as they haven't been satisfying our demands/needs.

N

nemesisgm

Laroma, I must say in your credit, it took great courage, and conviction to come forh publically with such a statement of actions. And your involvement in the events that took place, and personally though what happened effected many, and what you did was very wrong, you show great character, and strength of person in being able to come forward like this. /salute.

From a legal stand point and this has been bashed around a number of times, unless your from one of the old yugoslav states, Findland or albania, your in for a rough ride. As you have breached a number on international computer misuse laws. Sadly, the fact you reported them won't help much in a court of law, bar reduced sentencing. I'm a IT security consultant by profession hon, so i know what you are likely to have coming should GOA press case against you. Yes you admit your error and as stated i commend you for it. Should you want advise on whats to come, as i always found you to be a pleasant and welcoming person, feel free to pm me.

As for the incodent in question the spawning of mobs, yes it caused GOA to wake up. It's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other really. GOA for not doing it right in the first place Laroma and MRX and Sharma for exploiting that fact.

D.

T

TodinStark

I did smash the windows of my carpenters car when he did a poor work on my house and he remade the job and I don't even have to pay for his windows :)

L

Laroma

Regretably I don't know how GOA's credability is anymore, but in any case I was told by Lawrence, at the time I handed him the information, and I quote, "So far they told me that because of your help there will not be any steps taken against you by the law department".

I really don't see what they could pin on me in the first place, and currently i'm not too worried about it either. I just hope they prove this time that what they said can be trusted.

G

gaino

all u whiners

well first of all what u did sux bigtime and all of those who thinks it´s so great that this happened to big bad goa... why do u even still play the game ??? quit it then ffs!!! but nooo i hate this lets keep on with it and whine... bha !

D

Dimse

hmm *munches on a cookie*
nop Sorry no sympathy =/.

You Posted a confession. Whooot! Oh joy =D Party! Again My cookie isnt crumbling in your favor.

You said you posted your confession here because you claim we have a right to know truth.

Why? I dont se why we need to know? Please explain to me because it seems very dodgy to me.

Do I find the way GOA treated you fair? Actually Yes. I am a old gamestaffer (no not DAOC LOL) and have had to ban accounts for far less than what you have done. Actually Im amazed they let you back in.

Your disregard for your fellow players and lack of thought makes me ashamed of having shared server and realm.

Guildmaster of Uranicus Phalanx
Rhonvan aka Dimse

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Dimse
hmm *munches on a cookie*
nop Sorry no sympathy =/.

You Posted a confession. Whooot! Oh joy =D Party! Again My cookie isnt crumbling in your favor.

You said you posted your confession here because you claim we have a right to know truth.

Why? I dont se why we need to know? Please explain to me because it seems very dodgy to me.

Do I find the way GOA treated you fair? Actually Yes. I am a old gamestaffer (no not DAOC LOL) and have had to ban accounts for far less than what you have done. Actually Im amazed they let you back in.

Your disregard for your fellow players and lack of thought makes me ashamed of having shared server and realm.

Guildmaster of Uranicus Phalanx
Rhonvan aka Dimse

and thats the way the cookie crumbles

sorry couldnt resist :(

D

dracus

Imo get that d00d to do it again...but take down all servers for like 2+weeks...i need to cure my addiction :p

Gawd at all u serious ppl...ofc its bad etc etc...i didnt like not bein able to play (see above, for reason). But they'll prolly get whats commin...like all ppl do ;) u reap(sp?) what u sow(sp?) or sumthin...

Forgive my spellin mistakes...partly drunk atm...cba :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

/Dracus

B

Big-G-

page not found on that link
lol taken down thru force?
or just coincidence at time of me tryign to access page?

gifv link to it again if someone has it pls!

O

old.Kerosene

omg. I can't believe the duality of you people.

You'll flame the tits off someone for kill stealing but say

'Jolly well done! Nice event! Well done by being honest and not ruining the game for us!'

WHAT!?!

:eek:

H

hellraisermk2

Laroma, I really hope you never ever play another mmorpg again.

I find it quite bad that other players actually claim they will miss you and/or think posting this somehow makes everything better. They may think you were RAGING AGAINST THE MACHINE!!11 I personally think you're actions were extremely misguided, untrustworthy and inconsiderate.

I would say thanks for coming clean, but to be honest, what do I have to thank you for? I haven't missed not being able to play for the past three weeks. I am pissed that I haven't even had the chance to play because of morons like yourself and Mr XYZWhatever.

K

katt!

the only thing that saddens me is that you kids wont be hunted down and dragged to court :eek:

D

Derric

What these two guys did wasn't really the right thing to do,but when I look at the flames here it looks like they've killed someone and took his money.
Noone really got hurt,right? We lost some time in a computer game,oh no..let's roast them over an open fire..

I gotta go buy more popcorn.

T

Traia

It is worrying that GOA was not secure before, and I hope now they are. I don't see what the three of you did as being a favour towards us however.

Posting publicly is a very brave thing to do. You have already been judged by GOA and by doing this you have opened yourself to judgement by your peers.

I don't normally flame, but on this occasion: In my personal opinion I think what you did was extremely selfish and so far you have got off lightly. The people who work for the company you have damaged depend on that company for their food and homes. All in all a very regrettable turn of actions.

Just... :(

D

-deedee-

I'am happy you guys did it and not some weirdo's who deleted allot off chars from ppl who kills you a lott or something :)

And i see the humor from it too (i was 1 of the players who waited a long time for the passes but i dont really care)

Its nice too see the true now ty for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom