A sinners confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Azal
er, link doesn't work for me? :(

It's in the thread somewhere taken from someone's cache... link is down now.... just read through for the re-posting.

O

old.ivan

Go to previous page the text is posted there, Azal
:(

S

Sortbane

Ok, all that've been said sofar is just blame/grats towards the Lora and this, I'm not going to touch that subject since I believe most of this already have been said.

What's more on my mind after reading the statement from Laro is the plans of MrX.

MrX had obtained gamemaster accounts to all the european servers.

and then later:

Another 4 days passed, now 16th of August, before I talked to MrX again, and this time he contacted me because he apparently needed a character promoted to gamemaster on Prydwen.

Is it just me that's spinning over with conspiracy theories or was MrX up to something big or? It's kinda clear that MrX or someone close to this person was behind the gryphon/relic incident a while ago. Since he had access to all the servers he had a potential to cause some serious havoc and it might also seem that he was up to something like this.

Just me or anyone else thinking the same thing? :)

O

old.Normengast

interesting story.

You got your account back stripped, that's a lot more than you deserve.

To the gallows! Swingtime...

P

Phelicia

m00 :eek:

Bye bye, was fun that emain night, but having to be without DAoC for a week is Zzzz.

A

Azal

Ok ta lads

Ah read it now, well i wouldn't have done anything but reported it if it was me but I can see where the attraction lies to do it. At least you reported the first 'incident' and did eventually give them all the information that MrX had got - that counts for a lot in my book. A lot of people would have told them to go jump and not been helpful.

Not in any way your fault of all the downtime, anyone who claims that is incorrect. And you doing what you did in the end did help lessen the problem (probably by a very significant amount)

It would be fun to play with the full copy of the gameserver I reckon :)

M

mehuge

IMO, GOA are to blame for the downtime not Laroma. It is *their* lapse in security that allowed this to happen.

If Laroma had not done this, someone else (MrX maybe) would and may have had more malicious intentions.

Laroma, you probably saved us from a much greater disaster by notifying GOA and for that you gets my /respect.

K

katt!

imagine how much mythic would sue your for :x

P

Perka

Originally posted by Jupitus
you're as much of a twat as the ones who did it...:rolleyes:

did who what you say? have sex you say? when and how is not a question of time but a derivative of the space phalanx

L

lakih

Ok ta lads

Ah read it now, well i wouldn't have done anything but reported it if it was me but I can see where the attraction lies to do it. At least you reported the first 'incident' and did eventually give them all the information that MrX had got - that counts for a lot in my book. A lot of people would have told them to go jump and not been helpful.

Not in any way your fault of all the downtime, anyone who claims that is incorrect. And you doing what you did in the end did help lessen the problem (probably by a very significant amount)

Originally posted by mehuge

IMO, GOA are to blame for the downtime not Laroma. It is *their* lapse in security that allowed this to happen.

If Laroma had not done this, someone else (MrX maybe) would and may have had more malicious intentions.

Laroma, you probably saved us from a much greater disaster by notifying GOA and for that you gets my /respect.

Fully agree. Rigth on spot.

P

painman

well i wasent gonna say anything, couse u guys said it all <-- even this! :)

but kinda feel like the only 1 who diden say this to u, so here i goes:

shame on u!!!!, shame on u and mr. x!!!!....(if its true)

valhallas

V

Vim

Originally posted by mehuge

Agreed 100%!

O

old.ivan

This is truly sickenning, so much compassion given to exploiters.

I realize im pushing the line here but this seems alot like :

"Heck, thanks some terrorists exploited airline security breach and crashed the plane 2 years ago, otherwise we wouldnt have had any idea of how unsafe we really are on a plane. But now that the government is paying through the nose for security upgrades we can feel warm and fuzzy inside"

:( :eek: :(

M

~Mobius~

Yeah, just because its people we know. (And I knew Sharma/Laroma they are nice people) doesnt make it right, and trying to justify it with "goa sucks they deserved it" or whatever is silly. They are lucky if they dont get sue'd, and asking for your characters back is just not going to happen.
Although there is nothing stopping you from buying a fresh account and starting over.

P

Perka

Originally posted by old.ivan
"Heck, thanks some terrorists exploited airline security breach and crashed the plane 2 years ago, otherwise we wouldnt have had any idea of how unsafe we really are on a plane. But now that the government is paying through the nose for security upgrades we can feel warm and fuzzy inside"

Exactly, thank god for 9/11 and Mr.X

A

Azal

Except what Laroma did was to spawn a shed load of epic mobs in emain which all the players had fun with yes? MrX had hacked GOA to hell and back anyway, and the resulting downtime would have happened regardless of that particular action.

By reporting it (allbeit not straight away) and giving GOA all the info he had he actually lessened the problem because GOA would've been in a lot more shit if they didn't get the details you can bet. And the downtime would've been more severe too.

I am not saying I agree with everything that was done, but hell if you are going to lay blame for things at least lay it on the right people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom