A Scout's Role.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Refering to RvRing with their charactor, unless they've spent the last 20+ in BG's lvling, I for one didn't go to BG's or RvR until 48+, Knowing a class in PvE, BG RvR and Frontier RvR are different areas. Every fight you still learn something new about the opponant/s, name, rep, abilities, class, artifacts, uses of those.

Example of learning in progress!
Wacked some SB, GSV proced on me, GT macro didn't work caused by nearsight, I've learnt now to use a lower GT macro also, learning never stops, can't claim to know everything, otherwise you'd never be beaten against even odds, knowledge is power in a game like DAoC.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Refering to RvRing with their charactor, unless they've spent the last 20+ in BG's lvling, I for one didn't go to BG's or RvR until 48+, Knowing a class in PvE, BG RvR and Frontier RvR are different areas. Every fight you still learn something new about the opponant/s, name, rep, abilities, class, artifacts, uses of those.

Example of learning in progress!
Wacked some SB, GSV proced on me, GT macro didn't work caused by nearsight, I've learnt now to use a lower GT macro also, learning never stops, can't claim to know everything, otherwise you'd never be beaten against even odds, knowledge is power in a game like DAoC.

At least you've made the effort to explain why his/her perception may be wrong (More so in you're previous post) and haven't just said;

and how can you talk about the BG as though its RvR? get to 50 before making judgements on people who are reknown for playing thier class well.

Also, to be a pedant. Dukat, in a BG you fight against other realms so strictly speaking a BG IS RvR (Realm vs Realm). Perhaps you should explain or highlight the differences between the 2 a little better in future.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Pfy said:
I don't have a flame button. I do however have a 'Don't follow the sheep and form your own opinions' button.

yea....

Pfy said:
I acknowledged that Red Hatred was rude in a previous response so I'll ignore that bit. Stonypony posted for the simple reason to (as Lorra so nicely put it) enlarge his E-Penis and belittle Red Hatred. He then proceeded to blatently brown nose Saifang and imho make himself look like nothing more than a fanboy looking for the 'associated kudos'.

response? he started it off by being rude, but you'll ignore that bit? if your going to call a respected scout a 'fanboy' you should have evidence to back it up. all tahts in this post is stonypony showing what a rude git nightheart was and saifang having a laugh with him instead of flaming back. stonypony evidently saw it, thought it was funny and posted it like so many other people. Its not being a fan boy. wheres the 'blatant brownosing' ? stonypony is saying his opinion just like you, you say that people are free to express thier opinion and yet you flame people if it doesnt fit in with what you class as acceptable.

Pfy said:
Can you not see that posting to simply humiliate someone aswell as making yourself appear 'cool' is (in my opinion) both wrong and (in my opinion)sad?

i can see how that might be your opinion but why start flaming because of it ? nightheart was in the wrong and stonypony posting the screeny was no where near as bad as the way nightheart talked to saifang ingame.

Stonypony has his own reputation and tbh he doesnt 'need' to do this just make himself look cool.

Pfy said:
If I don't find a post funny don't post in it? Wheres the logic in that? I'll let you work it out.

what i meant is why bother to flame somthing like this? starting an arguement here just spoils an otherwise perfectly funny thread.

Pfy said:
Forums are there for people to express thier opinions, Stony has been allowed to express his (in the form of posting a picce etc) so why am I wrong for posting mine?

you arnt wrong, but as i said before what if everyone who took offence to a screeny started moaning? no joke thread on any forum would be safe. tbh theres no harm in leaving the post unflamed but to flame it just annoys people.

Pfy said:
Without wanting to sound rude, I couldn't give a flying fuck about critshot.com. I'm posting about this thread, not how helpful person is and how many old ladys they've helped cross the road.

so you think you can sum up judgement on someone just from seeing 3-5 posts out of hundreds? besides the reference to critshot was to show how respected those two are and who much of an error in judgement you where making about these people. seems it has fallen on deaf ears.

Pfy said:
People make opinions based on what they've experienced or what they understand about a certain thing (although generally opinions are formed on nothing more than perception), so in the defence of Lorra he/she was simply posting their experience of scouts running. It doesn't matter if it's in BG1, 2, 3 or lvl 50 RvR. It's his/her experience and his/her perception. Simply because it doesn't fit in with the communitys does NOT make it wrong.

So, they're talking about rvr, and someone comes up and starts talking about thier experiences in a BG.

I never said that its wrong because it doesnt fit in with 'the communities view', I said its wrong because BG hardly anything to do with RvR, therefore applying BG logic to an RvR arguement is wrong, regardless of what you or 'the community' thinks.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Pfy said:
Also, to be a pedant. Dukat, in a BG you fight against other realms so strictly speaking a BG IS RvR (Realm vs Realm). Perhaps you should explain or highlight the differences between the 2 a little better in future.

sorry, I thought I was talking to someone who was mature enough not to be that pedantic. perhaps you should grow up?

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
sorry, I thought I was talking to someone who was mature enough not to be that pedantic. perhaps you should grow up?

Sorry but I fail to see how being a pedant instantly makes me immature. I was pointing out the fact that BG can be deemed as RvR so Lorra was more than entitlted to state his/her perceptions.

I stated;

Pfy said:
Red Hatred can play how he want's and yes, forcing opinions upon people isn't always welcome but it strikes me (from about half way through when he stops being rude, although theres still so rude behaviour in there) that he's mainly trying to be of help.

Hence the 'I acknowledged that Red Hatred was rude in a previous response so I'll ignore that bit'. As for the brown nosing well:

Stonypony said:
Jaem, don't apologise dude, this is the best comedy thread in a long time. You aren't noob coz you don't adapt your playstyle btw, i think it takes some pretty big balls to keep solo'ing these days which i respect you (and all the others that i meet solo most of the times) alot for.

My initial 'flame' if you'd like would be calling Stonypony a brown noser. I respect peoples rights to post their opinion but that doesn't however mean that I have to agree or adhere to it, therefore I can make a response based on my opinions.

A perfectly funny thread? Obviously I don't agree. I'm moaning? I thought I was expressing my opinions.

Also, I'm basing my judgement on this thread, as I said. I'm commenting on the thread so for that I can only use extracts from the thread.

Respect is something earnt and given by an individual, from the posts on here I don't respect Stonypony or the way he's gone about it. I do however respet Saifang so far as his post's have been constructive as well as polite.

Dukat said:
I never said that its wrong because it doesnt fit in with 'the communities view', I said its wrong because BG hardly anything to do with RvR

Well if that's the case why not say it in that manner? Instead of:

Dukat said:
and how can you talk about the BG as though its RvR? get to 50 before making judgements on people who are reknown for playing thier class well

The post may be a bit disjointed but I'm sure you can get the idea.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
Did you read the first post? it STARTED because Red flamed Saifang for the way he played his scout.

Actually it started because one character, unstealthed on a tower/bridge whatever, uncovering the position of another scout, who was there first. If everyone posted the amount of convos they had with people who tell them to F off because they are following their group or whatever then the forum would be heaving.

And to be honest I couldn't give a flying monkeys what realm rank you are, I judge a player on their actions and personality, not ability to "OWN" in RvR.

StonyPony has shown him self to be an immature fan boy trying to big himself up via association thus I concluded such, and stated MY opinion which is a basic human right.

To save people the time of going lol “like you can say anything look at you characters” here you go:

Name: Lorra
Guild: Evolution
level: 50
RP: 140,072
last week, 1,417
Class: Bard

Name: Meyym Edderabe
Guild: DeathSpammers
level: 42
RP: 51,894 l
ast week: 13,122
Class: Nightshade

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
hey hey

you shouldn't be fighting each other..... in here

logg in and slap some arse... do like most off you do, logg in IRC, got to #quackenet.daoc.something set yourselfe up for some illeagle dueling.... and do like you always do ;-) get some warming up for instanced rvr done ;-)

-------------------------------------------------->>>
indeed this thread started because a fellow gamer deceided to act stupid, or he forgot something(also possible)...

as i said.. see picture btw... all there was ,was a demand to hide, because as it seemed, he was blind, but the opponents weren't. A clever, good scout asked that person to hide, because it could be that in his third-person vieuw he didn't notice himselfe beeing unstealthed also...

and yes, i used (at the start of all) verry short direct lines....
i was in mid siege..... i didn't have the time to :>>>>>>

"pls, my dear friend, could it be possible that you could stealth up and get out of sight, pwetty pwease :)" /INC ZERG /bang /release (most commonly used an most frequestly used command in the game for all of ya :)
)
and yes i continued typing cause all was messed up at that point... see former post, incomming troops, etc...
i'm a sniper, i pick a target and kill it... (hardly ever happens because tons off archery gives you the logical assist)
he isn't a sniper... so wat was he doing at a perfect sniping position... leeching maybee? nvm that.

Dukat...
you are ignorant and a buttkisser
you interfere in something you have no clue...no pre-situation, no history nothing off knowledge about... just a vague screenshot with a couple off lines.
FYI : Noob also is one off the most commonly used i-net slang words ,like: leet and millions of others have become. (offensive context has had a decrease in verbal force because off frequent usage )

The simplicity represented by a screenshot from a third party individual, who has nothing to do with the event, but sole use as a possible-flame-attempt, changes nothing.

conclusion :

you just don't go expose stealthers because you can do something else, you can be the best close combat fighter there is.....if you really are close combat... check the lines-of-war... archery has been known to be a ranged attack form, so YOU are in the wrong spot my dear sirs. If you think you are both... i would give ya mid-field (but not a sniper with ur shakes :)that would officially make you, the leecher :p)

end :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Nightheart, already posted saying I was leeching, took out a troll and almost a norseman by jumping to get LoS. :p

PS. Wasn't such a great snipe spot anyhow, couple of times I had gone up there, and there was some ranger watching your duo from behind you, and before that Gesta roaming around on top. But I got to admit, those mids in tower were clueless to your position, getting shot from right side, not being able to work out theres 2 archers on the nearest high point of bridge. :eek6:

Sowwwwy, can I be forgiven? :wub:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Lorra said:
Actually it started because one character, unstealthed on a tower/bridge whatever, uncovering the position of another scout, who was there first. If everyone posted the amount of convos they had with people who tell them to F off because they are following their group or whatever then the forum would be heaving.

And to be honest I couldn't give a flying monkeys what realm rank you are, I judge a player on their actions and personality, not ability to "OWN" in RvR.

StonyPony has shown him self to be an immature fan boy trying to big himself up via association thus I concluded such, and stated MY opinion which is a basic human right.

To save people the time of going lol “like you can say anything look at you characters” here you go:

I didnt say anything about my RR, i didnt say anything about my ability to own in RvR, i didnt say anything about your opinion. what i did say was:

Dukat said:
Did you read the first post? it STARTED because Red flamed Saifang for the way he played his scout.

and how can you talk about the BG as though its RvR? get to 50 before making judgements on people who are reknown for playing thier class well.

yea, so I was wrong saying that you should get to 50 before making judgements on people who are reknown for playing thier class well. i admit it. however I did say "how can you talk about the BG as though its RvR"

Now that you say your 50, and you've seen rvr, I'll ask it again, "how can you talk about the BG as though its RvR????". Its completely different, for 1 there are limits on RR, where as in real rvr there arnt, in bg's few people have capped gear and people dont always know how to play thier class.

I never said your opinion is wrong, but having a go at a respected scout like that and basing your arguement from a BG standpoint just isnt on.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Red HATred said:
Dukat...
you interfere in something you have no clue...no pre-situation, no history nothing off knowledge about... just a vague screenshot with a couple off lines.
FYI : Noob also is one off the most commonly used i-net slang words ,like: leet and millions of others have become. (offensive context has had a decrease in verbal force because off frequent usage )

lol tbh

I know jaem in passing from critshot. Hence i know that you calling jaem a n00b is wrong. And FYI: I know what noob means.

that screenshot provides me with enough to say that you swearing you head off like a five year old puts you in the wrong, you calling jaem a noob puts you in the wrong, you starting to lecture jaem on how to play his class is WRONG.

You dont know me, you dont know that im ignorant and you say im a 'buttkisser' only because i point out things that make you look stupid.

Conclusion: lmao :D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Pfy said:
Sorry but I fail to see how being a pedant instantly makes me immature. I was pointing out the fact that BG can be deemed as RvR so Lorra was more than entitlted to state his/her perceptions.

you know full well how being pedantic like that makes you immature, unless you havent seen RvR you'll know its completely different, pointing out a trivial technicality in what i was saying in a situation like this is pretty immature. tbh.

Pfy said:
My initial 'flame' if you'd like would be calling Stonypony a brown noser. I respect peoples rights to post their opinion but that doesn't however mean that I have to agree or adhere to it, therefore I can make a response based on my opinions.

You respect people opinions but you called stonypony a brown noser for telling jaem that he wasnt in the wrong. :eek7: yea...

Pfy said:
A perfectly funny thread? Obviously I don't agree. I'm moaning? I thought I was expressing my opinions.

in the same way that you calling stonypony a 'brown noser' is your opinion, me saying your moaning is my opinion.

Pfy said:
Also, I'm basing my judgement on this thread, as I said. I'm commenting on the thread so for that I can only use extracts from the thread.

So your trying to say that all the good work jaem and stonypony have done outside this post is null and void because you choose not to look at it? yea. right.

Pfy said:
Respect is something earnt and given by an individual, from the posts on here I don't respect Stonypony or the way he's gone about it. I do however respet Saifang so far as his post's have been constructive as well as polite.

And what about red hatred's conduct in this thread?

You say you dont respect stonypony or the way hes gone about this thread but what about red hatred? what about red hatreds attitude in the screeny?

You think that "hes mainly just trying to help"?? what show are you watching m8?

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
pffffff pfy and lorra you 2 should get a sense of humor. I wasn't trying to suck up to saifang or anything. I just found it a damn fun coversation ( like 99% of the people who know what scouts are capable off, and seeminglyou you 2 make up that other 1%) I lost my will to fight over FH long time ago, i sometimes do get angry still, but i won't because of you 2 calling me names. The pic i got from saifang and posted in here, was damn funny to see, and if you don't get the humor of it, then i pity you but don't flame me.
ps : read the thread ffs lorra.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
hey hey

you shouldn't be fighting each other..... in here

logg in and slap some arse... do like most off you do, logg in IRC, got to #quackenet.daoc.something set yourselfe up for some illeagle dueling.... and do like you always do ;-) get some warming up for instanced rvr done ;-)
It's the only way to get a FAIR fight concerning numbers you face
-------------------------------------------------->>>
indeed this thread started because a fellow gamer deceided to act stupid, or he forgot something(also possible)...

as i said.. see picture btw... all there was ,was a demand to hide, because as it seemed, he was blind, but the opponents weren't. A clever, good scout asked that person to hide, because it could be that in his third-person vieuw he didn't notice himselfe beeing unstealthed also...
Rofl a clever good scout? A roleplaying scout ok, but a good scout does what the word SCOUT stands for = explore. roam in the open fields reporting where the ennemy moves as well as the occasional keep fight, it's a mixture of both, not just 1 thing. But everyone his choice i guess, i don't get the fun in PPS.
and yes, i used (at the start of all) verry short direct lines....
i was in mid siege..... i didn't have the time to :>>>>>>

"pls, my dear friend, could it be possible that you could stealth up and get out of sight, pwetty pwease :)" /INC ZERG /bang /release (most commonly used an most frequestly used command in the game for all of ya :)
)
release, only once every 2 hours if i'm not around brynja
and yes i continued typing cause all was messed up at that point... see former post, incomming troops, etc...
i'm a sniper, i pick a target and kill it... (hardly ever happens because tons off archery gives you the logical assist)
he isn't a sniper... so wat was he doing at a perfect sniping position... leeching maybee? nvm that.
sounds to me like you were leeching @ keep fight.
Dukat...
The screenshot is the whole conversation and shows pretty much how 'well' you know the scout class.

The simplicity represented by a screenshot from a third party individual, who has nothing to do with the event, but sole use as a possible-flame-attempt, changes nothing.

conclusion :

you just don't go expose stealthers because you can do something else, you can be the best close combat fighter there is.....if you really are close combat... check the lines-of-war... archery has been known to be a ranged attack form, so YOU are in the wrong spot my dear sirs. If you think you are both... i would give ya mid-field (but not a sniper with ur shakes :)that would officially make you, the leecher :p)

Did you know i kill my ennemy's with only 40 in LB in equal amount of shots as you do with your 50 in LB. that's called a template. those extra points give me the chance of spending points to meelee also.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
Its completely different, for 1 there are limits on RR, where as in real rvr there arnt, in bg's few people have capped gear and people dont always know how to play thier class..

Well you sir have just shown your self to be a fool. In-fact there is no limit to what RR u can be in BG’s, there is just a limit to the amount of rp's you can get in there.

And my comment wasn’t about your RR it was a general comment.

And yes I do have a sense of Humour,

Johnny Vegas / Peter Kay = funny

This = lame

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
P.s i did read the whole thread, thanks, k.

P.p.s wub you too :wub:

Lieth

Fledgling Freddie
Well, to sum this up nice n shortly i would just like to give you an overview:

1) Red Hatred, /face > you, hiding only works for a while

2) Just because people who have been around these forums longer than you and have their own opinions which contradict your first impression does not mean they are wrong, and you would be arrogant to believe so.

3) Look who's sticking up for who before you start throwing ass-kissing flames at others, i'm here since i have known dukat a very long time, and i find this post hilarious ;) but i feel some people need to be put in their place, which is obviously (for some) ontop of a tower, PPS meights

4) i also hate to see something so harmlessly funny become an unnintended flame post, it really is pointless :S dont retaliate at people just because they retaliated to you.

5) asking a question about something you don't know is fine, but forcing your view on others about something you don't know is like a plumber trying to instruct a bomb technician on how to defuse a bomb.

6) also, don't try and back down with pathetic excuses when you were the first to jump into flaming others, Red, just saying sorry wouldn't hurt, but your high self-opinion seems to get in the way, eh? and try to learn abit more instead of making up your own assumptions about, what seems to be everything you have posted in this thread.

I'm done, funny post ;)

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
thats the ticket! PPS! Patience Position and Support! :D

sorry I couldnt resist ;)

XD, hehe np's,

Its actually ZLS

Zerg, leach, Support

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Lieth said:
4) i also hate to see something so harmlessly funny become an unnintended flame post, it really is pointless :S dont retaliate at people just because they retaliated to you.
Beyond my comprehension also.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
He means if someone’s nasty, don’t be nasty back, the two wrongs don’t make a right scenario.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Go go Ironfart!
groundtroops.jpg

:wub:

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat.

I said that I respect peoples rights to post/voice their opinions. This is very different to sayng that I respect their opinions.

The 'work' as you put it done outside this post doesn't influence the fact that I see this post/thread as being wrong. I'm talking about the thread specifically, therefore I express my opinions about the thread, how they come across in it and how I view the intention of it.

I'm talking about this thread. This thread was put there (imo) to simply boost any form of kudos/e-penis etc so the fact that he has helped rehouse 5,000,000 people in China doesn't matter (yes an extreme comparison but used to get my point across). Got it? All my opinions about this thread are based upon this thread.

Other times he's been helpful influence my opinon of him on this thread, as I'm talking about this thread.

My opinion of Red Hatred doesn't actually factor in the point I'm making. I won't say I condone the way he's talking to or about people, nor have I ever stated that I respect him, as I don't. Again, respect is something that's earnt.

I'm not sticking up for Red Hatred, I'm making the point that I don't agree with posting simply to humiliate someone/make yourself look 'cool'.

As for the 'What show am I watching?'. It'd be a toss up between 'The Muppets' and 'Fraggle Rock'. (Yes, that would be seen as a flame).

A sense of humour Stony? Yes, I do have one. This thread however just doesn't make me laugh. Also just because I don't laugh or find it funny doesn't mean I 'don't get it'. As for pity, right, sure.

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. Funny? No (unless you're 5 I'd imagine). Understand it? Yes. See my point.

I must admit I am somewhat tiring of this thread. I've expressed my opinions and views yet noone seems to actually see the point I'm making. Perhaps, I should start acting '1337' and poking fun at people because others do.

Baa.

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
Dukat...

conclusion :

Right, you say dukat shouldn't post here because he doesnt know what happened. but what about the people that say you have a point but weren't there also. i sure as hell dont see you mention them.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Go go Ironfart!
groundtroops.jpg

:wub:
PPS !!!!!
( i had an irs of 6K last night, but then again must be luck coz i don't know how to play a scout :( )

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Knolan said:
Right, you say dukat shouldn't post here because he doesnt know what happened. but what about the people that say you have a point but weren't there also. i sure as hell dont see you mention them.

aaaaaarrgh,

ok i forgot the mention the good guys....

good guys stayed objective.... bad guys went subjective

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
PPS !!!!!
( i had an irs of 6K last night, but then again must be luck coz i don't know how to play a scout :( )

yeah, actually was a bit better then that score.. but ok.. 3 bd's, one rp kill more, 4 to be exact... damn i only leeched one target at that point :)
btw, i was on line till around 23.30 cet... did quiet a bit ore then that i think.
I remember going to Midgard and helping in the tower defence.. shot a couple more.

ps: i did die once more... then i logged alts

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
damn i only leeched one target at that point :)

Were they Green con or sommat when they dropped ? ... cos 3 solo kills plus 1 assist for 598 rps to that point would be quite difficult to achieve. :/

Maybe there was 2 greys :)

Keep up teh good work tho m8i ... this is all very entertaining :)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
collegien said:
Were they Green con or sommat when they dropped ? ... cos 3 solo kills plus 1 assist for 598 rps to that point would be quite difficult to achieve. :/

Maybe there was 2 greys :)

Keep up teh good work tho m8i ... this is all very entertaining :)

bah, hard to shoot on one target alone when 16+ are running there...;

tbh haven't got the faintest idea when or why that screeny was shot.../time or something...
can't tell anything ore about it...
btw i do know that deathblow aren't necesairely solo'd targets also :)

you "really" never shoot alone:)

dunno, wot's the entertaining part , really

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Red Hatred screenshot just shows you got 598 rp's from 4 different targets which you damaged and all this in an outstanding 2 hours 44 mins and 39 seconds. Way to go mate, tell saifang what strategy you used coz I think he might be intrested in that. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom