A Scout's Role.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Pfy said:
Fucking hell get out of his/her arse.

"Oh, Jaem you're so great, you've got such a big bow and I love the way you're spec'd in 'thrust' etc :/". Jesus.

On that not however the only person that actually doesn't strike me as a total **** is Saifang. Red Hatred can play how he want's and yes, forcing opinions upon people isn't always welcome but it strikes me (from about half way through when he stops being rude, although theres still so rude behaviour in there) that he's mainly trying to be of help.

Oh well, flame away.
Come back when you aren't drunk.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Come back when you aren't drunk.

Um. Riiight. Afraid that went straight over my head. Assuming it was an attempt at humour of course.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
apolegize? lol
if i would be wrongly moaning here , ok, but as always... i'm correct.

as for scout specs...

i made a choise when i created this char...

thrust scout.. shield as defence tool, minor styles in HTH to be able and do something in pve... and full bow.

and it is not cause you win one IRC-date-duel that you rock in close combat..
I've been lucky once or twice.... but never fully HTH faught an enemy and live to tell. (also fighting untemplated (16 arties don't make a good template they are just fun) because i feel no need to get a template as a sniper atm, till all is levelled and nerfed)

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
apolegize? lol
if i would be wrongly moaning here , ok, but as always... i'm correct.

as for scout specs...

i made a choise when i created this char...

thrust scout.. shield as defence tool, minor styles in HTH to be able and do something in pve... and full bow.

and it is not cause you win one IRC-date-duel that you rock in close combat..
I've been lucky once or twice.... but never fully HTH faught an enemy and live to tell. (also fighting untemplated (16 arties don't make a good template they are just fun) because i feel no need to get a template as a sniper atm, till all is levelled and nerfed)
Thats a very stupid point of view to have about fighting without a decent template..

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Doing well without any ToA is pretty good Nightheart. :fluffle:

et some stuff and you'll out shine alot of other players. Only until recently have I invested into equiping my char proper, only had 25dex cap, oh boy does it enchance your dmg. ;)

Wouldn't call aiming for 1v1's exactly a "IRC-date-duel", they happen occassionaly as you roam around, sadly not many play for the same action, so you kinda die more often then if you were to find a proper position to camp.

Also can this thread be closed? fed up with it, was only a joke in the begining, apparently some can't see it as so.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Doing well without any ToA is pretty good Nightheart. :fluffle:

et some stuff and you'll out shine alot of other players. Only until recently have I invested into equiping my char proper, only had 25dex cap, oh boy does it enchance your dmg. ;)

Wouldn't call aiming for 1v1's exactly a "IRC-date-duel", they happen occassionaly as you roam around, sadly not many play for the same action, so you kinda die more often then if you were to find a proper position to camp.

Also can this thread be closed? fed up with it, was only a joke in the begining, apparently some can't see it as so.

water under the bridge for me...

you had your fun in the wrong spot ;-)

as for that SS scoutie... lol... after patch he'll have to find some original way of getting his rp's... volley nerf (indirectly i think) and maybee ..a hidden spear nerf? ... who knows ;-)

cheers cya around

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
water under the bridge for me...

you had your fun in the wrong spot ;-)

as for that SS scoutie... lol... after patch he'll have to find some original way of getting his rp's... volley nerf (indirectly i think) and maybee ..a hidden spear nerf? ... who knows ;-)

cheers cya around

He doesn't use either, but im with you on this one irontard, support the troops and all.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
LG > GS for dmg imo :p

Found new volly kinda gimpy, like 4-5 arrows and hitting like 2 people for 300, and you can be sure you'll not hit those people again, too slow to interupt, too low dmg/hit rate to kill anything, totaly useless ability.

Unless theres another use that I'm not aware of?

EDIT: Well there is the killing grey cons that think their out of LoS, emotion spamming in a keep :p

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
He doesn't use either, but im with you on this one irontard, support the troops and all.
Oh the sarcasm i like this one.

to Pfy : you calling me gay for no reason was a bad attempt at humour. cba writing a long respons when all you get is being called gay.

Oh and to Irontard, it's not because you lose every fight you have in meelee that i do that also. I got that much 'versatality' that i can choice how to fight my oppenent. i got a pretty decent template with several ' I-win' buttons, ml10 and now RR5+ all aid you when you have to face your ennemy inclose combat.
Untill you tried out what a meelee scout is you have NO, but i do mean NO right at all to judge about that. Scouts can do pretty decent in meelee and i blew about 500 600 plat to tweak my character, after burning a dozen full skill respecs and about 50 RA respecs i think i do know a lil about my scout. i'm still trying to get to know my class better on a daily basis => i try to rely on my own actions to make a kill rather then leech from the 100 head alb zerg.

Everyone his playstyle but don't judge what you haven't tried.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Oh the sarcasm i like this one.

to Pfy : you calling me gay for no reason was a bad attempt at humour. cba writing a long respons when all you get is being called gay.

Oh and to Irontard, it's not because you lose every fight you have in meelee that i do that also. I got that much 'versatality' that i can choice how to fight my oppenent. i got a pretty decent template with several ' I-win' buttons, ml10 and now RR5+ all aid you when you have to face your ennemy inclose combat.
Untill you tried out what a meelee scout is you have NO, but i do mean NO right at all to judge about that. Scouts can do pretty decent in meelee and i blew about 500 600 plat to tweak my character, after burning a dozen full skill respecs and about 50 RA respecs i think i do know a lil about my scout. i'm still trying to get to know my class better on a daily basis => i try to rely on my own actions to make a kill rather then leech from the 100 head alb zerg.

Everyone his playstyle but don't judge what you haven't tried.

I'll admit that there may have been a homosexual undertone to the post but I didn't actually call you gay and that wasn't the point of the post. If I were calling you gay I'd say;

"StonyPony you're gay!" Or post something like: :sex: -"Oh Saifang, you're the bestest", but I didn't.

However you're posts are that of a fan boy simply out for some form of 'associated kudos'. You post simply to try and humiliate someone, yay you (and no, I don't particularly care that it was Red Hatred). Maybe you should have spent that 500-600plat on a personality instead.

Now, off to watch my latest pr0n download;

http://www.novator.se/daoc/Movies/Saifang2.rar :rolleyes:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Silverblast said:
Thats a very stupid point of view to have about fighting without a decent template..

no m8, position patience support m8 it's all u need if it was position patience template it would be different situation m8r

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Pfy said:
However you're posts are that of a fan boy simply out for some form of 'associated kudos'. You post simply to try and humiliate someone, yay you (and no, I don't particularly care that it was Red Hatred). Maybe you should have spent that 500-600plat on a personality instead.

Now, off to watch my latest pr0n download;

http://www.novator.se/daoc/Movies/Saifang2.rar :rolleyes:
Another personal attack. Get some decent comments or just let it.

Worfen

Fledgling Freddie
Pfy said:
You post simply to try and humiliate someone

And tbh red hatred does a fairly good job of humiliating himself with his constant flow of saddening replies... I have to agree with stony on this one, red hatred shouldn't say a thing about other scout specs than his own unless he has tried it or knows what he's talking about. my 2 cents anyways. flame away.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Worfen said:
And tbh red hatred does a fairly good job of humiliating himself with his constant flow of saddening replies... I have to agree with stony on this one, red hatred shouldn't say a thing about other scout specs than his own unless he has tried it or knows what he's talking about. my 2 cents anyways. flame away.

My gripe isn't with who he's trying to humiliate but more to do with the fact that that was simply the point of his post.

Yes, I agree, unless people have some kind of informed opinion they should be careful in how they express it, but informed or not, they still have that right to express it.

Stony, as for personal attacks yes, you're right perhaps I have been a little too vindictive. However I stand by what I've said. I'm sure you've done many a silly thing that you'd like not to be hounded over? I'm pretty sure we all have.

Personally, I only started to post as I found your (well what I saw to be) motives to be that of someone trying to make themselves look 'cool' infront of the cumminty at the expense of someone else.

Oh and to a degree I used to view the Scouts role as much the same as Red Hatreds. Simply waiting for either a solo enemy that I had a chance to kill without melee or taking out healers/casters (or at least interupting) in zergs and the like, and yes, I did think that patience was important.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
I saw Stony FZ an SB, solo and still lose :twak:
pffffffff, everyone messes up sometimes ok :wij: Won't happen alot tho ;)

pfy : this thread was indeed meant to be a lil "laugh" with nightheart but be honest, didn't you laugh after reading that conversation and knowing what kind of person nightheart is? I sure was rolling on the floor.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
pfy : this thread was indeed meant to be a lil "laugh" with nightheart but be honest, didn't you laugh after reading that conversation and knowing what kind of person nightheart is? I sure was rolling on the floor.

Actually no I didn’t, I thought it was quite sad that someone was baiting another member of the community to enlarge there e-penis. If Red wants to play his character that way let him, if scouts are so st-long in meele why do they always run away from my NS in leirvik? - (Unbuffed lvl 42, unsced)

Pfy I totally agree with you mate, stony's head is so far up saifangs arse that if it goes any deeper we will be needing mining equipment to get him out.

:- please close thread, - flamefest

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Lorra said:
Actually no I didn’t, I thought it was quite sad that someone was baiting another member of the community to enlarge there e-penis. If Red wants to play his character that way let him, if scouts are so st-long in meele why do they always run away from my NS in leirvik? - (Unbuffed lvl 42, unsced)

Pfy I totally agree with you mate, stony's head is so far up saifangs arse that if it goes any deeper we will be needing mining equipment to get him out.

:- please close thread, - flamefest

It's nice to see that at least one other person is of the same view as me.

Stony, I can't say I found it particularly funny but then again, I'm not one to simply 'jump on the band wagon'. I also fail to see how it was meant to be a laugh with Red Hatred where as it's really just a laugh at Red Hatreds expense.

Tbh, people like yourself Stony were the primary reason for me rerolling on Mid. In my eyes, you sum up exactly what an Alb is (I hate to generalise but I'm afraid I can't help it).

That said, I did meet a few nice Albs in my time and to those I apoligise for the above comment.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Lorra said:
Actually if scouts are so st-long in meele why do they always run away from my NS in leirvik? - (Unbuffed lvl 42, unsced)

Yes, the BG's are a carbon copy of the rvr experienced at level 50 :m00:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Pfy said:
It's nice to see that at least one other person is of the same view as me.

Stony, I can't say I found it particularly funny but then again, I'm not one to simply 'jump on the band wagon'. I also fail to see how it was meant to be a laugh with Red Hatred where as it's really just a laugh at Red Hatreds expense.

Tbh, people like yourself Stony were the primary reason for me rerolling on Mid. In my eyes, you sum up exactly what an Alb is (I hate to generalise but I'm afraid I can't help it).

That said, I did meet a few nice Albs in my time and to those I apoligise for the above comment.

uh oh...

If you dont find a post funny, dont post in it.

Your flaming stonypony for somthing that just aint happening. tbh red hatred's attitude towards saifang to begin with was rude, to quote just a few "noob scout" "idoit" and "F'ck off". I cannot see how stonypony would be in the wrong just by posting this even if the aim was to humiliate the person being like that.

and lol at this:
Lorra said:
If Red wants to play his character that way let him, if scouts are so st-long in meele why do they always run away from my NS in leirvik? - (Unbuffed lvl 42, unsced)

"If Red wants to play his character that way let him..."? Did you read the first post? it STARTED because Red flamed Saifang for the way he played his scout.

and how can you talk about the BG as though its RvR? get to 50 before making judgements on people who are reknown for playing thier class well.

and Pfy, before you reach for that flame button, im not saying this to score 'associated kudos', Im posting it because its the truth, just look at critshot.com; Saifang (jaem-) is always giving advice to people, the same is true to stonypony.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Lorra said:
if scouts are so st-long in meele why do they always run away from my NS in leirvik? - (Unbuffed lvl 42, unsced)

Because
1, their maybe new to the class
2, specing as an archer, not a s/s tank
3, they don't have points until 45+ to boost range defence melee and stealth lines
4, scout melee sucks without good equipment
5, dw > shield
6, bg's aren't the same as frontier rvr, so many more things effecting out come of fights, ra's, toa etc etc.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
New to the class at level 40+? I would be worried, just log into leirvik one night, albs virtually don’t even need to run around stealthed there is so many of them.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
uh oh...

If you dont find a post funny, dont post in it.

Your flaming stonypony for somthing that just aint happening. tbh red hatred's attitude towards saifang to begin with was rude, to quote just a few "noob scout" "idoit" and "F'ck off". I cannot see how stonypony would be in the wrong just by posting this even if the aim was to humiliate the person being like that.

and lol at this:

"If Red wants to play his character that way let him..."? Did you read the first post? it STARTED because Red flamed Saifang for the way he played his scout.

and how can you talk about the BG as though its RvR? get to 50 before making judgements on people who are reknown for playing thier class well.

and Pfy, before you reach for that flame button, im not saying this to score 'associated kudos', Im posting it because its the truth, just look at critshot.com; Saifang (jaem-) is always giving advice to people, the same is true to stonypony.

I don't have a flame button. I do however have a 'Don't follow the sheep and form your own opinions' button.

I acknowledged that Red Hatred was rude in a previous response so I'll ignore that bit. Stonypony posted for the simple reason to (as Lorra so nicely put it) enlarge his E-Penis and belittle Red Hatred. He then proceeded to blatently brown nose Saifang and imho make himself look like nothing more than a fanboy looking for the 'associated kudos'.

Can you not see that posting to simply humiliate someone aswell as making yourself appear 'cool' is (in my opinion) both wrong and in my sad?

If I don't find a post funny don't post in it? Wheres the logic in that? I'll let you work it out.

Forums are there for people to express thier opinions, Stony has been allowed to express his (in the form of posting a picce etc) so why am I wrong for posting mine?

Without wanting to sound rude, I couldn't give a flying fuck about critshot.com. I'm posting about this thread, not how helpful person is and how many old ladys they've helped cross the road.

For fear of posting too much, I'll keep this bit short.

People make opinions based on what they've experienced or what they understand about a certain thing (although generally opinions are formed on nothing more than perception), so in the defence of Lorra he/she was simply posting their experience of scouts running. It doesn't matter if it's in BG1, 2, 3 or lvl 50 RvR. It's his/her experience and his/her perception. Simply because it doesn't fit in with the communitys does NOT make it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom