a question and a whine

falseth

Loyal Freddie
Mabs said:
ok
you USED to be able to kill them. didnt see you complaining when they couldnt win.
tables turned, now they are winning and you cant, and your complaining ?

you cant have it both ways, you didnt call for love of valks , thanes etc when they were gimped, you cant then do it when it suits you cos the focus has shifted.
If you had a serious complaint , fair enough, but it smells too much of ME ME ME tbh :fluffle:

just what i felt aswell :p

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
funny to see people whining about valks and thane ... what is most funny is that i dont remember seeing those people complaining about those very same class beeing over gimped for the last year(s)....

when cata cames out all were making fun about the valk that was no more than thane wannabe. it was consider as a gimp class. nowyou see them everywhere... and i have to admit that they had some serious love. also agreed that they clearly needed some...

now when u think again about cata released : vamps, tics locks and valk nothing to be jelous about they are all OP class... i can see the whine coming yea but mids got two of them etc .... answer is easy enough ... yea but mids have had one class less than others since the game started.

now tell me again , what is so unfair , your infi can 't own anything anymore ?

and life goes on...hope you can live with it

too bad.

Pilskaft

Fledgling Freddie
:)

Fahdlan said:
how do you others handle thanes and valks, vampiirs, heretics btw?

Its free rp :) most of the times (cant say any thing about thanes/valks cous only play mid)

gohan

FH is my second home
TBH yes valks are strong now but not OP, use all ur end in about 3 seconds and u can use maybe 3 hots an 2 instas before oop, they still suffer from the same things reavers do like if u purge slam for instance as an assasin u then evade 90% of the frontal attack an can just chain evade style till thier oop, ive lsot to plenty of assasins

that said i do agree mincers are abit gimped whoeva said thier strong in stealth wars is clueless.... their a strong duo partner for an inf sure but solo their damage is far to low, they have amazing defense if they pop WH SOM BATTLER War Gaurd + mincer ablitive IP ect ect ect but in this game thats not a great help as they will get added on before they can win, alot like a melee scout or warden, just so slow in killing to actaully avoid gettign zerged

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
why did u clap at me last time i found you :( u fight some then before dying u /clap :O

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Konstantin said:
Cant do m8r:) maby respec to melee ranger ?:p tho dont se why a bow specked ranger should pwn shield tanks atall, shure they should be able to beat them, but it should be harder then etc. light tanks.
I mean youre bow specked for tower humping right ?play whit some diffrent specks and im shure you will do wery well in a future...

I dont want to be a melee ranger, Aran is my main and i started him during beta, i like playing archers, i want to be able to kill things using a bow.
Ive gone through so many differant specs and templates, i tried a melee oriantated spec but didnt enjoy it, im a sniper and fight with the bow, thats how i enjoy playing him.
However with mythics dislike for archers with the next patch there will be no viable targets for me.
So whats left, to retire him from active RvR, lurk on towers, attack anything that already engaged?
I just find it a shame as trying to have fun playing him is already an uphill battle and the hills getting steeper.

Gratscensi

Banned
most classes are kinda fine now i think, but imo the parry/block/evade bonuses need some modifications. the effects themselves are fine, but 50% increased/decreased chance is too much. a 1hander should be able to hit thru a shieldspecced tank at least sometimes.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
If you can't beat em zerg em:) They did it to my warlock:( didn't stop me getting rr11 tho but yes i agree mythic should open the window and catch a clue:wanker:

Mythic are not the only ones that needs to get a clue :wanker:
Warlocks are such hardmode!

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Right, and why don't you use your charm since mincer is also a petclass? Kite with a mindworm, everyone of us who remember OF Emain know how lethal a mincer can be.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
TBH yes valks are strong now but not OP, use all ur end in about 3 seconds and u can use maybe 3 hots an 2 instas before oop

you must be joking, isnt you?

3 hots and 2 instas? then you go oop? such shame...
Btw, how much hp you get from those 3 hots and 2 instas?
A mid complaining about end usage!!! with conc based end-regen5 and large availability of end barrels, doh!
Slam then ragnarok with a 2h weapon or, why not, with the fastest 1h weap avail...

the new valks (and thanes to some extent) are makin' vamps to look like friggin gimps.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic do not want any stealther classes. Stealthers is Greifers that ruin game play.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Its not the fact they gave love to certain classes thats the problem but how much they gave.

The thane boosts were powerful but fairly reasonable, they are a good class now and don't need anything more but I would not call them over powered, though grapple/spell abuse is rather lame on any class.

The valkyrie boosts they were way to over the top and stupid. I rolled mine at the begining of the year when they had nothing and I thought even back then that they were a good and under-estimated class, they have just recieved love after love after love since then and its becoming rediculous. The shield styles are just insane, unbreakable root? idiotic. Let alone that you now have strong healing spells on a class that can Charge in and out of combat at will.

Valewalkers are just as bad as valks, stupid delve dd's on procs, and instant desease? Mythic promised us they were trying to reduce the amount of CC elements in this game, so they do this by giving every tom dick and harry desease spells instead? Which have stupid durations, no immunity timer and can just be reapplied at will.

Its not so bad for me simply due to RR but for alot of others still struggling to get there this is just a nightmare. Its good mythic are finally dealing with class balance but in my opinion they need to hand out some heavy nerfs first to a large number of long standing issues but for they look at the love.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
whine whine whine... if u cant beet em join em.. go roll a valk/thane :p

kivik

Part of the furniture
They did it to heavy tanks, they did it to thanes, they did it to valkyries and they did it to valewalkers.

Just to make them useable in groups.

Did it help?

They should've fucking learned by now.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Valewalkers are just as bad as valks, stupid delve dd's on procs, and instant desease? Mythic promised us they were trying to reduce the amount of CC elements in this game, so they do this by giving every tom dick and harry desease spells instead? Which have stupid durations, no immunity timer and can just be reapplied at will.

Serious tho, if VW's have instant-disease, it means they dont have 50 Scythe (eg. no Conflagration, so the only 'stupid delve dd' they have then is Blizzard Blade, which they always had since SI launch). The only fix they did was making Blizzard Blade 2nd in chain (very well deserved IMO). It was stupid (I even say this, as a VW player) to make the frontal positionals have a PBAE-root and 'sick DD'-proc. That was over the top. If they had made em 'just frontal-positional' without the procs I would been happy too.

Insta-disease is something which u only saw on VW's in the last patch, unless they have really weird specs. On 5 mins recast-timer, it wasnt a big issue either.

And to be 100% fair, I dont think any of the Albion-tanks have *anything* to whine about 1vs1. Arms = Defenders Rage + RR5. Paladin = Celerity + chants. Merc = Dirtytricks. Reaver = Slam + Levi, double Lifetaps, RR5 etc. Perhaps friars, tho strictly not a tank ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
instant desease on 5 min reuse....sure nothing serious about that at all.

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
I think it is fine that Mythic tries to balance classes, and I accept there will be an element of trial and error. I do think both valks and Thanes, especially Thanes have gotten too hard for us poor stealthers, but hey they had shields so they were kinda allready on the no no list. It doesn't however help to get hit with a rather powerfull hard hitting spell such as thanes.

But well enough, lets say it is ok that thanes, valks and all assassins have got some love. By that logic, it should also be expected that you guys support the archer love when it comes, right??

However, it seems to me the consensus is that
A) We stealthers should not add on any ongoing fight
B) We stealthers should no expect to be able to fight toe to toe with any visible class.

That kinda leaves us a little bit in a no earning realmpoints situation if we wanna use our bow, and guess what, that was why we choose the darn class over the assassin class.

I think that getting archery back in line where it is actually a threat to anyone but the careless would be much needed. Who knows, me might also become better at initiating fights instead of adding on anything that moves ;-)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
instant desease on 5 min reuse....sure nothing serious about that at all.

no...
Valewalkers get casted aoe disease at 40 arb spec and insta aoe disease at lvl 44 arb spec. Since they only have 1.5 spec points per level, even 40arb spec is too much if you want 50weapon spec

besides that their level 50 style with 150dd proc is second in backside chain so not really spamable and the other high delve dd proc is second in side chain.

the only thing Mythic did with the love patches is to kill the solo arena because the aforementioned classes still dont get groups :/

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
Valks are hard - but not unbeatable. Im a warden and aint much of a dmg-dealer but i do survive longer than tanks. Valks, as someone said was pretty tough before but now they are...<ponders>. WH and som + shield and heals is qq ;<

Had a nice fight with Sharpess the other day tho. Took me about 15 mins to finish the job. Best fight i've had in years! Prolly sheared his ass back to brynja with ml10 but still was able to block 90% of my attacks. An unbuffed valk is like any other class with buffs :p

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
not unbeatable, thats right tho Razemouze, but that nice magic/melee abs they got, how many % is that btw?
they got 500hp hot?
vampiirs drain all your end:p they heal themselfs more than you can dmg them, is a desease charge the thing vs them maybe?
but you got work hard to take down the catacombs classes:D

gohan

FH is my second home
Fahdlan said:
not unbeatable, thats right tho Razemouze, but that nice magic/melee abs they got, how many % is that btw?
they got 500hp hot?
vampiirs drain all your end:p they heal themselfs more than you can dmg them, is a desease charge the thing vs them maybe?
but you got work hard to take down the catacombs classes:D
its a 75point pulsing magic abs that u get with 50 OW now not 1 valk spec ive seen ahs more then 37 OW since patch so u cant complaint about that ... the insta heals do 350-450 depending on piety an heal bonus mine do 392 the HOT does about 20% over 10 secs (about 460 hp in my case) so over 30 secs u can regain about 2000HP with gives u 4300 overall not unlike a arms hero warrior, with ip2 tho they get closer 5000 with good template, an if u look at some screenies alot of them hit harder aswell.... nerf heavy tanks for sure :S

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
its a 75point pulsing magic abs that u get with 50 OW now not 1 valk spec ive seen ahs more then 37 OW since patch so u cant complaint about that ... the insta heals do 350-450 depending on piety an heal bonus mine do 392 the HOT does about 20% over 10 secs (about 460 hp in my case) so over 30 secs u can regain about 2000HP with gives u 4300 overall not unlike a arms hero warrior, with ip2 tho they get closer 5000 with good template, an if u look at some screenies alot of them hit harder aswell.... nerf heavy tanks for sure :S

soo, 4300, then you add 1200+ for ip2 and that makes 5500+ hp for the price of 22spec in mending and 15realm points... nifty...

and with 37 in OW you can fook off their dex/qui lowering their parry/block/evade by an important percent.

btw, heavy tanks get about 3000hp with a good template and cl5, 4500 with ip2... but they are ment to have that amount of hp - the word heavy should ring a bell

well, now valks are truly in line with the mid spirit along with the bd-ers and warloks

gohan

FH is my second home
anioal said:
soo, 4300, then you add 1200+ for ip2 and that makes 5500+ hp for the price of 22spec in mending and 15realm points... nifty...

sorry i should have said im 35 mend not 22! 22 mend wud ofc be lower heals ect i dont ahve anything in OW id preffer the better heals to a dex/quick shear

islef

Loyal Freddie
hmmm i do understand that valks are somewhat OP atm, but i reckon it is also a matter of knowing how to fight them. I fought many people and classes since i finally finished my template on valk and my experience is that it is very much dependant on who i fight and not on what class or RR.
I had very even fights against rr6+ vamps, but a rr5 vamp (dont remember the name) handed me my arse with 98% health.
I somehow fail to see how the valk will ruin 1 vs 1 rvr. I had long and fun fights, i do not use shears cause i am low OW. And btw there is no chance in hell i will beat a warden, and VW's tear me apart as well.
anyway, i am enjoying my valk alot, and i get the impression from emotes and so on that the crowd at DC dont mind fighting me. I also loose a hell of a lot more than i win.
my oppinion anyway.

/ps comparing valks to warlocks pre nerf seems a bit off anioal....

Puppet

Part of the furniture
islef said:
hmmm i do understand that valks are somewhat OP atm, but i reckon it is also a matter of knowing how to fight them. I fought many people and classes since i finally finished my template on valk and my experience is that it is very much dependant on who i fight and not on what class or RR.
I had very even fights against rr6+ vamps, but a rr5 vamp (dont remember the name) handed me my arse with 98% health.
I somehow fail to see how the valk will ruin 1 vs 1 rvr. I had long and fun fights, i do not use shears cause i am low OW. And btw there is no chance in hell i will beat a warden, and VW's tear me apart as well.
anyway, i am enjoying my valk alot, and i get the impression from emotes and so on that the crowd at DC dont mind fighting me. I also loose a hell of a lot more than i win.
my oppinion anyway.

/ps comparing valks to warlocks pre nerf seems a bit off anioal....

And your Valk is RR2. Meaning no high MoBlock yet, no Purge (?) no anytime Charge, no IP2, no RagingPower and such to augment your heals.

And:

So what u saying if u can do 3 HoT's (6K hp) and 2 heals (another 800 hp) which you can use EVERY fight, I should compare this to HEAVY tanks who can IP every 15 mins? And yes they hit harder, but dont have nifty procs, can't heal themselves, dont have charge, dont have shears, dont have rezz, dont have ranged insta interrupts, no cones, no unbreakable roots etc etc.

You have to be kidding me if you dont see how Valks are OP in 1vs1.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Valks are retarded on 1v1 the way it is at the moment. I'd rather attack kagato than a rr3 valk tbh

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
To much whine,

i can agree, the mending line is stronger then predicted , BUT thats goa's/mythic fault, they should hvae placed the HOTS at higher mend lvl instead of lower. u get the best hot at 20mend. and with that i can still get slam and ragnorak. if they changed it like say best hot at 45mend? and not best health regen (what is bloody useless anyway) the spec would be more balanced as ppl cant have slam and ragnorak and have the best hot.

Tho, i played and loved valks since the begining, heck, i got 3 valks. I could beat vamps before patch, actualy a good templated valk could kill a lot... i havent been to rvr with mending line yet, as im bussy craftin to much last 2days.

stop the whining, no use for it, deal with it, who knows we might get a nerfe soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom